[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the chosen hunter shows up after concealments broken >he

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: XCOM2WOTC.jpg (89KB, 844x429px) Image search: [Google]
XCOM2WOTC.jpg
89KB, 844x429px
>the chosen hunter shows up after concealments broken
>he waits at the back in the rural area
>my soldiers spot him
>he grapple hooks the top of the building behind us
>you should take a rest
>he fucking one shots my grenadier in the back of the head
>HOLY SHIT!!!!
>scramble soliders out of the area
>he grapples another building
>i seeeee you
>he blows another soldiers brains out
>call evac
>he captures another soldier for interrogation later
>evac the fuck out with one soldier left
>>
>>389712045

He's kinda the easiest one too
>>
If he's giving you trouble I can only imagine how the assassin and priest are treating you.
>>
File: 1504267871956.png (431KB, 814x896px) Image search: [Google]
1504267871956.png
431KB, 814x896px
>>389712045
>first encounter with chosen cunter
>jumps onto the building my guys are occupying
>points at my Aussie ranger
>"ur dead kiddo"
>ranger runs up and bonks him on the head
>>
File: xfcrftghrfth.jpg (31KB, 304x304px) Image search: [Google]
xfcrftghrfth.jpg
31KB, 304x304px
>>389712045
>read this
>wonder if it was a bug because all my hunter did was grapple everywhere, tranq people and do his shitty 1 turn skillshot that literally was not even a threat
>when he was killed for the final time he appeared, moved and died to an overwatch execute

come to think of it none of my chosen actively tried to kill my soldiers, pretty disappointing desu
>>
File: 20170830183049_1.jpg (396KB, 1680x1041px) Image search: [Google]
20170830183049_1.jpg
396KB, 1680x1041px
>commander says into the van and close the doors
>ayy lmao
>>
Playing on veteran because I'm shit at these games. Funnily enough the only time I had any trouble is when the evac all mod didn't work properly on the rescue Mox mission. Got all my units to the evac point with a reaper carrying the prisoner, hit evac all and the dumb game thought I hadn't rescued the guy.
>>
So apparently random chances aren't seeded on each level. So if you savescum you get different results. I can't believe they did something so retarded. Or is it something that only happens below legendary?
>>
>>389713043
>not playing ironman
>>
>>389713043
Why is it retarded? Let the shitters savescum, it's their loss. As long as the game offers you a proper ironman mode it's completely fine. Had they really wanted to make a hardcore game, they would have gone the way of Mordheim devs and made an ironman only game which autosaves after each and every action, but XCOM2 is a game for a broad audience, so it's fine to bring back the savescumming to appease the casuls crying about "muh RNG".
>>
>>389713608
It really defeats the purpose of having rng if all you have to do when you are facing a tough enemy is reload enough times to get a critical.
>>
>>389712045
>xcom went from warfare to barbie dress up every-soldier-is-a-special-snowflake
>now even the AI does it and the entire fucking expansion is dedicated to adding these utterly pointless gimmick AI characters
The aliens really did win, they fucking killed Xcom.
>>
>>389713967
What the fuck do you mean you casual babby? The original XCOM allowed you to customize your soldiers. The new ones only improved on that allowing more things. How the fuck can you complain about more choices? If you don't like customizing them don't do it, you can make everyone a generic gi joe if you want
>>
>>389714070
>point
>head
Also, you cannot call anyone casual if you think Xcom 2 is hard. Period.
>>
>>389713837
Playing anything but ironman is casual anyway. Let the casual players play how they want, forcing people to play in a specific way only works for niche games.
>>
>>389714107
Where did I even say that it was hard or easy? You are literally complaining about something that the games from the 90s already had although obviously in a more primitive way.
>>
>>389714070
I think his point is the fact that Xcom used to be about warfare with mostly generic soldiers and now its about your A squad v the alien A squad

I agree, modern Xcom is shit, and the game design has gone out the window. Rather than fixing shit like overwatch they slap bandaids on it with stuff like timers.

Also the new armor designs are 0/10
>>
>>389714213
So you throw around words you dont understand? Makes sense, you seem too stupid to reason with anyway. Maybe read my first post and realize this has nothing to do with customization. No more replies for you.
>>
>>389714216
I think I understand what he meant now. Is it about the fact that factions like the reapers and the commander are fighting against the chosen and the elders? When the old games were all about soldiers vs aliens?
I can see that some people may not like that. And some mechanics may be broken but don't act like mind control wasn't broken in the original games. Guided missiles too. Now that I think about it they were even more broken that modern XCOM
>>
>>389714216
Dont worry, Actual Xcom 2 is coming soon
http://www.xenonauts.com/2016/10/28/xenonauts-2/
>>
>>389712442
Yeah the chosen feel more like a nuisance rather than an actual danger. I mean they do their job in establishing themselves as a threat but its less the fear of them wiping or severely crippling the squad and more like I don't want to deal with this douche CCing my dudes while I'm fighting a pod that could actually murder them. Just killed the warlock as my first chosen and the most he ever did to try and kill my soldiers was missing exactly 1 shot and attempting to send exploding psychic ghosts their way, aside from that it was just a lot of pointless dazing while they stopped to murder him. Hell the one time he actually did something sorta dangerous(mind controlling the full focus templar) he immediately got axed before he could use him
>>
>>389714420
I think the best way to put it is that in older Xcom games soldiers distinguished themselves in moments of absolute fucking glory as they pulled off the impossible as everyone died around them.

Modern Xcom soldiers are OP from the moment you level gunslinger, squad sight, [insert other OP build here] and you expect them to achieve OP bullshit.

The fact that this expansion takes this a step further, literally giving you perfect OP soldiers, and then to add insult to injury turns the AI into the same bullshit pretty much breaks any illusion this is an Xcom game.

Also the armor design is really really bad.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.