[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>“Bloodshed,” the final downloadable content for Nioh,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 12

File: 1477962637143.jpg (147KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1477962637143.jpg
147KB, 600x338px
>“Bloodshed,” the final downloadable content for Nioh, will launch on September 26 for $9.99 (or for free if you own the Season Pass)

>As always, this DLC will provide you with the usual suspects to complete your Nioh experience — new Yokai, new characters, a new difficulty level and new Guardian Spirits.

Looks like Niohs final DLC is coming out soon. We'll probably get a GOTY edition on steam later this year or early next year.
>>
Any details on the setting or plot? It has to be after Osaka, right?
>>
>>389702818
http://gematsu.com/2017/09/nioh-dlc-bloodshed-launches-september-26
>>
New weapon?
>>
>>389702325
>for free if you paid for it before
why is this allowed
>>
>>389705323
You'd be surprised at how dumb people are nowadays.
>>
>>389705284
Apparently not.
>>
>Other than additional main missions, sub missions and Twilight missions, one of the most interesting features of Bloodshed’s End is a new mode called The Abyss. Here, the strongest warriors can test their skills in a perpetual battleground.
Sounds like it could be interesting.
>>389705381
So dumb they couldn't handle how the game originally was and ruined it for everyone else instead of playing something more their speed.
>>
>>389706019
It's very odd they don't mention one, and if it really is because there isn't one at all then it would be a real shame. I suppose they're adding The Abyss instead but it's not really the same thing.
>>
>>389702325
>will launch on September 26 for $9.99 (or for free if you own the Season Pass)
>free
Thats not how a season pass works.
>>
>>389705323
>>389707720
The distinction has to be made for PSN season passes since you still have to manually go into the store and download the DLC. The season pass just lets you do so without having to spend money.
People have to be reminded about this constantly since people are stupid.
>>
Will this unlock Maria as a playable character? Seriously, she's just so unbelievably sexy. I must own her.
>>
>>389709689
Doesn't say, but it's a reasonable thing to expect, since people never shut up about wanting it.
>>
>Ni-Oh thread
I guess this was as good a place to ask as any

Ni-Oh is my personal GOTY of 2017; I had more fun playing it than P5, Y0, NieR etc. put together. It got me interested in the Soulsborne genre as a whole, so I'm considering buying Dark Souls III because I heard it runs at 60 fps. Some things have me worried though:

1. Is the 60 fps thing really, really true? (I have a PS4 Pro). If it drops to 30 fps in places or microstutters during combat, that's unacceptable. I'm fine with taking any resolution hit as long as it runs at stable 60 fps like Ni-Oh does.
2. Can you fix the bizarre control scheme? R1/R2 to attack is just wrong. Should be square/triangle like every sane game. I know there's a way to hard-remap the buttons in the PS4 accessibility menu, but will that screw me over UI/gameplay-wise?
3. Can you play Dark Souls III in a fast-paced/mobile way? I prefer dodging to blocking/tanking, light armor + medium/low stance was the most fun playstyle for me. I don't mind dying in one hit if it means I have more mobility.

I also tried bloodborne but got a headache after a few minutes from the low FPS.
>>
>>389710862
1. I don't know if PS4 Pro can run it at 60fps, but PC can (if you have one good enough) and standard PS4 cannot. It doesn't have Action mode like Nioh does.
2. You can't change it, but it's honestly not very difficult and makes perfect sense with the game's equipment setup, R1/R2 controls your right hand and L1/L2 controls your left hand. There are some UI prompts that you might need to get used to ignoring, but outside of menus not much. It would be easier just getting used to using the shoulder buttons though.
3. Yes. They took some queues from Bloodborne in a sense and playing with max mobility is very viable. It won't match the speed of Nioh or even Bloodborne but it's still quite fast, especially compared to other options. You still have to take care not to fall into traps and ambushes and such things, and the games are focused more about drawing you into their world through excellent use of atmosphere and design though.
You should try Bloodborne again, it's a fantastic game once you get past the FPS thing.
>>
>>389710862
>Ni-Oh is my personal GOTY of 2017
Still wonder why some people still saying this. Nioh is very inconsistent mix of great and awful ideas.
>>
>>389712536
The only awful parts of it are mainly those that were fucked over by the prerelease changes, and are covered up by many of the game's strengths.
>>
>>389712905
What changes did they make?
>>
>>389713030
Severe changes to lock on movement and camera that make watching your back unnecessary brainless yet awkward while allowing for circlestrafe cheesing, severe nerfs to the Ki system as before you could tire yourself out by overspending Ki, severe changes to health to make enemies die far too easily, while increasing the damage they do as the only avenue to make it challenging despite all the enemies being made easier to avoid and defend against, removing enemies from every stage and greatly lowering their aggression and ranges so they don't chase you at all, elixirs being essentially 4 times as powerful, and many many more besides, right down to specific system changes like ruining Toughness and Combo Pulse being changed from high stance then completely forgotten about.
>>
>>389712905
>bad level design
>non existent enemy variety
>boring loot system
>trying too hard to mimic souls just to market game as sengoku souls
>>
>>389714156
False.
Covered by the huge combat variety and what enemies are there are quite unique.
False.
False.
>>
>>389713834
Ah yeah. I did notice at least some of those things which weirded me out; also stuff like how the game is just _completely_ broken if you use ninjutsu/onmyo at all, and how everything dies in a few hits if you actually equip a set and use an upgraded weapon.

I've personally been working around it by forbidding myself from using items (except elixirs) and guardian spirits; but even with those restrictions I've gotten to the point where my gear is good enough to make the game boring in NG+, even though I'm only around level 100. Stuff still dies too quickly. It's like they didn't balance it at all.
>>
File: Nope.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Nope.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>389714793
Ninjutsu, Onmyo and Living Weapon (which was still affected by the Ki mechanics so you had to at least be sure your exit was safe) were all of similar strength in the Alpha and even then would have benefited from a little toning down of the numbers available, but the difference then was that you were far more likely to be in situations where you would have to use them to survive. When they nerfed everything else though, they didn't account for how strong they were, and we didn't even have nearly as many available yet. The game is very well balanced - for an entirely different version of the game with different mechanics and many more and more aggressive enemies that didn't have so many randomly powerful attacks and could rarely kill you instantly, but were much more effective at wearing you down and cornering you to deal damage, and the stupid damage came from your lack of positioning as back damage was a real threat. Ironic since that is pretty much how people say games should be designed, without so called cheap shots, but there was much crying about the Alpha. If you want to keep some semblance of challenge without being completely restricted though, then I recommend either using wooden weapons which have a hidden modifier that means you do less damage but more Ki damage, or using Degeneration talismans which cut your damage by around a third but greatly up your Ki damage. Both options mean enemies don't die quite so instantly, and you have to create and maximize openings to deal damage.
>>
>>389705323
Should say something like
(or included with the Season Pass)
>>
>>389715590
>nioh alpha camera
Holy shit I miss it
>>
File: why.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
why.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>389715719
It was so much better in so many ways. There's a whole lot from the Alpha I miss.
>>
>>389714523
Yeah nah all of thos are legit. I guess you're just blind fanboy.
>>
>>389715978
Not really. If you want to actually try adding some detail to what is merely a shitpost then I would be happy to explain why you're wrong.
>>
>>389715590
>>389715978
One of these posters is a dime a dozen soulsnigger.
>>
File: DFvggpLUMAEmNfT.jpg (55KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
DFvggpLUMAEmNfT.jpg
55KB, 640x426px
Posted this in the last thread, but doing it again in case anyone missed it.

Someone on the KT forums posted some concept art and a screenshot of Team Ninja's original scrapped version of the game. For those who didn't know, after the original Koei/Omega Force Mosou-SRPG hybird version of the game based on Kurosawa's Oni script was canned, the project was in limbo for quite a while. Fast forward to about 2010, about a year after the Koei Tecmo merger, Kou Shibusawa approached Hayashi and Team Ninja, asking them to work on the game from scratch based on a story he'd written the skeleton of after he'd recently reread James Clavell's Shogun. Their initial version of this was in development from around 2010-11 for the PS3 and apparently actually made it into alpha, but then Shibusawa saw this build and said "This is just recycled Ninja Gaiden. Not really what I had in mind, so start over".
>>
File: DFvefWtUQAErF34.jpg (47KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
DFvefWtUQAErF34.jpg
47KB, 640x426px
>>389716225
>>
File: DFve-LJUAAASnFi.jpg (57KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
DFve-LJUAAASnFi.jpg
57KB, 640x426px
>>389716286
>>
File: DFvfBNaUAAErH7V.jpg (56KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
DFvfBNaUAAErH7V.jpg
56KB, 640x426px
>>389716341
>>
>>389716225
Damn anon, I was just about to post my discovered technique that I posted in the last thread as well since it died so quickly, now we're both just bringing that one back to life. Well anyway. copypasting time.
I don't know if anyone else knows about this but just in case, I figured out a way to do the stance change attack going back to the same weapon even with two different weapons equipped. Hold R1 during your attack but before the Ki Pulse point, then when the attack ends, swap weapons as soon as you can, then immediately do the Ki Pulse and swap back to the initial weapon. It takes some timing but you essentially do a late Ki Pulse after manually swapping. Just a fun little trick.
>>
File: DFvfbdSU0AE9sq_.jpg (54KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
DFvfbdSU0AE9sq_.jpg
54KB, 640x426px
>>389716404
>>
>>389702325
>We'll probably get a GOTY edition on steam later this year or early next year.
>goldface.jpg
>>
>>389716159
I believe the term is conquered.
>>
I just want some fucking 1kat iaido armour
>>
File: 1473810768922.jpg (1MB, 1292x3448px) Image search: [Google]
1473810768922.jpg
1MB, 1292x3448px
>>389716493
I know that Nioh threads are pretty slow, but you could try and actually contribute some discussion as opposed to making yourself look like one of the #Conquered.
>>
>>389716118
>levels
Level design is just bad. All levels are just corridors with arenas, very bland and forgettable. They look like generic videogame levels instead of actual locations. It wouldn't be a problem if they were linear but nope. Shortcuts are pointless. In Souls you risk your souls for exploring further and then feel a great relief from finding a sudden shortcut which will be open until you finish the game. In Nioh you just find a locked door then you unlock it at some point. But there's rarely a reason to go back and you leave the level soon anyway. Stages could've been just linear like Ninja Gaiden 2 and that would be better.
>enemies
You have the same enemies on every damn stages, you even admit it yourself. 1st region - undeads yokais, 2nd region - undead yokais, 3rd region... From a game focused on combat I expect much more variety to be honest. It doesn't help how you can't use a lot of skills on undeads or yokais like parries.
>loot
Loot system is just annoying. Every enemy drops tons of useless items which you collect and then sell. Items are very boring +% to random shit bonus, you can't find something unique or remarkable which you can build your set around like in Diablo 2. It really adds nothing to the game just a lot of busy work. Also, random nature of the loot makes exploring pointless. You spend your time exploring every corner and found this hidden room with chest? Well, congratulations! Here's your random blue and yellow item. It's very anticlimactic, almost like opening some shitty lootbox or something. It's also makes this interconnected level design even more stupid and pointless since there's no point to explore.
>souls
I hate how you glow blue if you help somebody. Why? Because Souls have blue\white phantoms! Why game is so dark and has that annoying melancholic track on every damn stage? Because Souls are dark! But this is samurai action not the end of the world like in Souls but who cares? Just make everything depressive lol.
>>
>>389716493
No one noticed it until you pointed it out, there's no need to devolve the thread into that when we can just talk about the game itself.
>>389716639
Warrior of the West and Gallantry has damage boosts to Tiger Sprint and Night Rain at least, but I'm not sure what you'd really want more of.
>>
>>389717141
how about actual damage abilities? get fucked both of those are shit and you know it
>>
>>389702325
whats the weapon breh?
>>
>>389702325
>No mention of new weapon
I'm concerned, the new weapons have been great and the best part of the dlcs. I don't know how interested I'll be in the last one here if there isn't one.
>>
>>389717259
futsunushi, you dumb nigger
>>
>>389717379
What you want? tell me
>>
>>389716341
Youngblood set looks nice here
>>
File: Mitsurugi.jpg (28KB, 350x485px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsurugi.jpg
28KB, 350x485px
>>389717567
Someone in the last thread pointed it out (I hadn't even noticed myself), but William's original design seems to owe more than a little to Mitsurugi.
>>
>>389717518
Bo staff, nunchaku, full unarmed, whip(sword or otherwise). Just off the top of my head.
>>
>>389702325
boring game
shill thread
>>
>>389717656
wew, me neither. Nice detail if true
>>
File: falcon.webm (3MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
falcon.webm
3MB, 700x394px
>>389717518
Falcon's Talons.
>>
>>389716925
Entirely false as I said before. First off you're confusing level design with world design, the latter refers to the visuals which are very well realised and authentically Feudal Japan while still unique to each other. Not being entirely fiction doesn't detract from that. Level design as well is far more than corridors and arenas, there are countless nooks and crannies with different heights and varied areas to deal with enemies. Each level is sprawling yet easy to be aware of your location in with plenty landmarks, and have interesting gameplay quirks that set them apart. Exploration is rewarded with extra treasure and shortcuts are no less important for making traversal easier between shrines and further exploration of the levels.
Lack of enemies is likely an issue of them removing many in prerelease that would make encounters more unique in their combinations, but the combat still has huge depth that transcends it. Parries are a small niche in skills that do work on some yokai, but having enemies that work differently keeps things interesting.
Loot is never useless mainly because of how much you can use it for, and means any reward is always useful even if just being used to fuel getting new levels, items or equipment. It also helps encourage coop. You haven't been playing much if you never found anything to build your set around, there are several unique bonuses and many things to boost, adding to insane possibilities. Plus getting something new or rare or that you were looking for is great.
Glowing is just a simple visual way of telling you apart and showing you're not a part of that world that Souls didn't invent. There is another mode where you both are the host and it is not there. The game is literally set in a very dark and bloody chapter of history. Samurai were not like hyperactive anime, this isn't what the game wanted to show. Doesn't make it a Souls clone.
>>
I've had enough of this game
fuck ethereal grinding
>>
>>389717259
Uh, those DO increase their damage. Think you need to explain a bit further what you're actually talking about cause I don't get it.
>>
>>389718394
UH, OK?
They're shit skills and even with the set bonuses they are outdamaged by standard iaido. Get fucked, you retarded faggot.
>>
>>389718323
I hate how they made the game to be OP to play at hard difficulty.
>>
>>389702325
>wow more content
>cant wait to play through more badly designed levels in seperated missions with a billion generic katanas to sort through every 5 mins!!!
>cant wait for all those unique movesets that the dlc will a- oh wait
>>
>>389717518
I wouldn't really be fussed because I can't think of a weapon using it that I would really want, but it's a bit odd that they have two weapons that scale with Dexterity but none that scale with Magic. One of those ringed staves could be pretty cool and cover that. I think I'd personally want more moves for the weapons we've got.
>>
>>389718481
u mad :( :P
>>
>>389718273
>Exploration is rewarded with extra treasure
Which are just random lootboxes. So much reward huh.
>shortcuts are no less important for making traversal easier between shrines
Which is pointless since all you need is shrine closest to the boss.
>Loot is never useless
Sure. All that white equipment you swim in after every mission is very useful! It's so fun to cycle throught tons of shit after every mission just to figure out if there's anything remotely good so you don't sell it with other stuff.
>Glowing is just a simple visual way of telling you apart
Oh, I'd totally miss my character with host without the glow! Why the yokai realm doesn't have it then? How do I tell who is my character without the glow, huh? Totally not mindlessly copied from souls, yeah.
>The game is literally set in a very dark and bloody chapter of history
But not at the end of the world. Cutscenes shows you pretty standard samurai story with people drinking sake and kunoichis jumping around. Then you in the game world and suddenly everything is dark and dead and some annoying sad track keep repeating on every stage. There's literally no point in such atmosphere especially on every damn level. Twilight missions are even worse with stupid red fog.
>Doesn't make it a Souls clone
It IS pretty much a hybrid of NG and Souls. And a lot of Souls elements look quite out of place because they just copied them without realisation of how they work in the context of the world and design.
>>
>>389718481
There is no need to be so upset. Pretty sure Night Rain actually can outdamage Iai, and Tiger Sprint isn't for damage but for armour and movement instead, but I digress, you still haven't actually said what it is you're talking about or wanted so I was just curious and instead got mad for no reason.
>>
>>389718812
and instead you* whoops
>>
>>389718789
>Which are just random lootboxes. So much reward huh
Not always, there's tons of fun consumable items and skill point items, but yes actually, extra loot is great to find.
>Which is pointless since all you need is shrine closest to the boss
When you're going to the boss, but you don't start out there and there's a whole level to go through before that
>Sure. All that white equipment you swim in after every mission is very useful!
Since you can use it to offer during the level to help you get items to keep going (which was much more helpful in the Alpha), and can be turned into multiple currencies, it sure is useful. And it takes no time at all to sort your inventory if you're not purposefully ignoring it for days, even then what is useful and isn't is very obvious and getting rid of it all is instant.
>Why the yokai realm doesn't have it then?
Just reread what I said. Besides, a single visual aspect in coop is not something worth crying over.
>Cutscenes shows you pretty standard samurai story with people drinking sake and kunoichis jumping around
I don't think you paid attention to anything that was actually happening. A "standard" samurai story is one of bloodshed and war, and the land is being stalked by demons. Games can be thematically dark you know.
>It IS pretty much a hybrid of NG and Souls
In a very vague sense, that description is used to give people a very simple idea that doesn't really cover other aspects of the game or hit the mark. Whatever elements you're talking of are used for the game itself.
>>
No new weapon? Damn.

oh well still an excellent game. Best Soulsborne ever made.
>>
i can't find this game on steam
>>
>>389719764
>I don't think you paid attention to anything that was actually happening
I'm very familiar with Sengoku era and I know who is William Adams. War is bloody but not melancholic. Game is too dark for no good reason. Fantasy Japan offer much more potential than dark and gloomy souls clone.
>>
>>389710862
>R1/R2 to attack is just wrong
Nigger what
I had to change the Nioh control scheme to not-Dark Souls to play it properly
>>
>>389719857
We could always hope that they just haven't shown or mentioned it yet, but it seems like they put all their work in that Abyss mode, so I hope that's worth it. Still isn't what is most needed for the game though.
>>389720046
The game is dark because they specifically wanted to portray that. Souls does not have a monopoly on "dark and gloomy".
>>
>>389716405
I'm really curious if people already knew about this or not.
>>
File: IMG_1002.jpg (43KB, 512x422px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1002.jpg
43KB, 512x422px
>>389702325
>on steam
>>
>>389721292
To be honest, a PC release and the possibility of modding the game to be more like the true Alpha version would be a cool prospect, I don't have a PC that could run the game but that it could exist alone is nice to think about.
>>
>>389720329
what's abyss mode?
>>
>>389723305
According to the article linked at the start of the thread here >>389702886 it sounds like a Bloody Palace-esque challenge area where you have to survive multiple different challenges and battles. It doesn't say much about it though.
>>
Why people keep summoning me just to play the level? It's so annoying to just follow them and fight trash mobs. They also die some ridiculous death all the time. I want to fight bosses god dammit or at least some difficult fights not just follow you throught the level...
>>
>>389721292
>KT game
>not on steam
lol
>>
>>389723750
People mainly summon first and foremost so they can be helped through, you gotta be prepared and expect to go through the level as well as for them to be pretty bad most of the time since they're resorting to summoning. Yokai Realm is generally a better choice if you just want straightforward fun co-op adventures, and if you just want to fight bosses then really being solo would be the way to go since you yourself can rush through to the boss, otherwise Yokai Realm and coordination could work.
>>
>>389725154
How's that PC version of Ninja Gaiden?
>>
>>389725154
The revision of Deception IV was released on the PS4 after KT became pretty port-happy and there's no sign of that going anywhere.

A shame too, since it's actually pretty decent and I don't think it sold all that well in the West.
>>
>>389725936
I just think bosses are one of the most fun parts of the game so I really enjoy helping people with them. I thought yokai realm is for proper coop so you can play together through a level while summoning is for tough situations. And then those fuckers summon me just to fight fucking revenants. So damn annoying.
>>
>>389726296
Yokai Realm is more standard co-op but you have to have completed the level to do it and the way you select it means those who are using it are on average going to be a bit more competent, so you'll be going through the level faster and might reach the boss sooner. Not much you can really do either way though outside of messages and killing things as they show up, it's just the nature of co-op. The bosses are great though.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.