[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Those two are on PS4. I remember playing some GBA harvest moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1486884313135.jpg (269KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486884313135.jpg
269KB, 1280x720px
Those two are on PS4. I remember playing some GBA harvest moon and I want to try one of them out. Which one is better though?
>>
File: 1451249702396.gif (472KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1451249702396.gif
472KB, 500x281px
>>389698928
>Save the Homeland
>>
>>389699457
So that's the better one?
>>
>>389698928
If I recall correctly neither one is particularly good. Save the Homeland lacks a lot of the mechanics that are common in other games of the series but it tries to make up for it by having a more involving storyline. For example there is no marriage in STH.

A Wonderful Life is okay, and some people do think it's a standout entry in the series but the PS2 version is plagued with horrible glitches and slowdown. Despite being the Special Edition with added features that weren't in the GCN version, it's unanimously the worst way to play the game.
>>
>>389700198
never played the other one, but I enjoyed Save the Homeland
>>
>>389698928
StH was such a weird title.
For a long time, it had the best graphics/music of any HM game.
The characters were actually fucking good.
Cow management was pretty much at its peak before the series started imposing mechanics absolutely nobody wanted or asked for.

Then it slapped on an ending/yearly cycle system that pretty much ensured you'll never even see fall, let alone winter, and reset relations everytime. It gave you a grand total of 4 crops. Seriously, what the hell.

Wonderful Life, however, was an atrocity. Any fond memories anyone has of it are due to how many beneficial bugs the gamecube version had, improving the QoL. The ports/remakes "fixed" those.
>>
Personally I'd say go with any other Harvest Moon, but if you're stuck just those two games, go with Save the Homelands. A Wonderful Life SE is a port of the Gamecube version with additions, bug fixes, and bad optimization. Textures aren't as good, the lighting sucks, and its framerate was sub 30 constantly. Keep in mind I only played the PS2 version so for all I know they could've fixed the framerate by the time they uploaded it to PS3, which I happened to have bought but never played, and PS4.

Save the Homeland is extremely repetitive because you only have a year to complete the game's story and there's nine endings. You have to complete a story before that year ends. You can grow all crops at any time of the year, but you only get five crops and very limited space, AWL also has limits, but not as bad. The game has a nice cell shaded look and runs at a constant 60fps.

Honestly I played both games extensively so I can go into greater detail of both games if you'd like.

>>389700514
Honestly I love AWL and female AWL, I just can't stand SE. To date they're still my favorite HM titles and I've been following the series since 64.
>>
>>389698928
Save the Homeland is one of the best entries in the series, second only to Back to Nature. I would recommend Save the Homeland to a newcomer of the series as it is a bit more streamlined in terms of gameplay and story so you're not really missing out on character events and such. I say you check out Save the Homeland and run Back to Nature on a psx emulator to get the best of both worlds.
>>
Save the Homeland is the better choice. If you can emulate it (and I am unsure if you can) The Hero of Leaf Valley is supposedly a direct upgrade to that.

AWL was fun for a while before turning repetitive and dull.
>>
File: 1411700937354.png (22KB, 125x250px) Image search: [Google]
1411700937354.png
22KB, 125x250px
Best Forget-Me-Not Valley girl.
>>
File: Flora.png (70KB, 179x384px) Image search: [Google]
Flora.png
70KB, 179x384px
>>389703259
>Flora was Best Girl
>Couldn't waifu her
>SE makes fucking Lumina a candidate, and not her
>DS finally does it, but changes her personality so much, she isn't even the same character anymore

It's not fair...
>>
>>389704124
Not to mention HMDS fucking sucks. It theoretically has a lot of content, but all the gameplay changes and glitches and shit made it so bad.
>>
>>389698928
Save the Homeland is pretty good but play the PSP version.
>>
>>389698928
Is there any sort of harvest moon type game which features bestiality? Cause that would be the only feature i would love to be included in those types of games.
>>
>>389704183
DS was my favorite harvest moon
it was the first one that I played though
>>
>>389704280
breeding season
>>
>>389704183
>He got a bugged copy
>He didn't trade it in for a non-bugged one when Natsume was literally doing it for free
>>
>>389702083
Back to Nature and 64 are the peaks of the series in my opinion. I really disliked Save the Homeland, and A Wonderful Life was enough to make me just give up on the series altogether. I've heard good things about Friends of Mineral Town, but after A Wonderful Life my trust was scorned. I bet going back would seem even worse nowadays because of Stardew Valley and it's modding scene.
>>
File: 1380410381792.png (218KB, 385x506px) Image search: [Google]
1380410381792.png
218KB, 385x506px
>>389704280
Rune Factory 3 and 4 allow you to marry monsters and have children with them.
>>
>>389698928
Wonderful life is a really cool experience but the ps2 version was pretty buggy. Homeland is okay fun.
>>
>>389704760
Friends of Mineral Town is almost quite literally a compact version of BTN. No reason not to play it.
>>
>>389705260
Except for the fact that FoMT cuts out a lot from BTN, mostly when it comes to the villagers and their character arcs. Having played both I prefer the latter in every way.
>>
>>389698928
A wonderful life was my favorite growing up.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaa.gif (1MB, 287x150px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaa.gif
1MB, 287x150px
Never played Save the Homeland, decided to look it up

>This game is a little different than normal Harvest Moon games. Your play through the game only lasts for 1 year. Depending on the tasks you accomplished during that time, you can receive one of 9 different endings. This game also does not have a marriage system.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.