[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Waaah nobody is social in MMOs anymore!! That's because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: world of warcraft.jpg (47KB, 368x527px) Image search: [Google]
world of warcraft.jpg
47KB, 368x527px
>Waaah nobody is social in MMOs anymore!!

That's because it all takes place in Discord. Why are you such a loser /v/ that you can't join a Discord group?
>>
>>389694448
Well in wow when join low or normal dungeon there not alot of social interaction anymore just pull and dps and que for the next one other then discord and maybe general chat in main city's there not much to be honest and beside discord made for u guild so u can post edgy memes and shit post rip guild chat.
>>
>>389694448
Because I don't feel like fucking with it. Dude keeps pestering me about getting a discord and I don't care about it. Message me on the client or in game ffs
>>
>>389694448
Did you ever play an mmo before, I dunno, Wrath?
>>
>>389695049
wrath had people in ventrilo and teamspeak, same shit as discord
>>
>>389694448
Join a guild and talk to people, same as always. Always always always been that way. Nobody wants to sit around and talk about your life story over a heroic or mythic dungeon, they want to get their shit and get out.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_090917_024605.jpg (306KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_090917_024605.jpg
306KB, 1366x768px
>>389694448

>lying on the internet
>>
File: 1494624503588.jpg (337KB, 691x705px) Image search: [Google]
1494624503588.jpg
337KB, 691x705px
I remember in vanilla and bc the game was SO social... everybody was chatting in guild chat, trade chat, general chat... tons of people hanging out outside of Org, ironforge, Stormwind dueling... not anymore. It was a different time I guess.
>>
>>389694448
>game gives you a chatsystem
>people had no trouble for years finding other players for activities with it
>"yah, lemme download another bloated piece of shit software for chat"

nah thanks. i avoid nu-male trends.
>>
People were really social during the Legion launch event, probably because you were actually forced to go out and do stuff if you wanted to participate.
>>
>>389698052
>>389698703
The game gives you no reason to be social because you can experience all of the "content" without ever saying a word.
And it IS the current game
Go play on a private server for Vanilla or BC and everyone is social because it benefits you to actually have friends
>>
I don't even know what Discord is? Is it like IRC?
>>
>>389694448
>redditcord
>>
>>389699261
It's like irc with voice chat attached to it in a sane and user-friendly way.
>>
>>389694448
People are still social. They just don't have anything worthwhile to say.

It's the same shit as YouTube comments honestly.
>>
>>389699148
Fucking this.

Vanilla:
>ok time to dungeon
>well shit I need a group, better start advertising in general or seeing if any friends are online
>"hey need a healer?"
>'Yeah sure welcome aboard'
>figuring out which people will go to the dungeon to summon the rest of the group
>10-15 minutes at least coordinating with your new group before the dungeon even starts
>dungeon starts with everyone having some familiarity and ready to adventure together

Anything after fucking vanilla
>ok time to dungeon
>queue for dungeon
>your dungeon is ready teleport now?
>shoved directly into a dungeon with 4 complete strangers
>never say a word as you clear the dungeon

Streamlining is not the way to improve the experience, goddamnit.
>>
File: common sense flowchart.png (13KB, 980x749px) Image search: [Google]
common sense flowchart.png
13KB, 980x749px
>>389694448
You mean the voice service where:
The devs are openly anti-racist,
Users cannot host their own servers, it's all owned/hosted by a central authority,
And said service blatantly leaks your info to the feds as noted in the 'privacy' statement?

No.
This reeks of external meddling and interference.
Plus, Discord servers tend to be full of /vg/-tier circlejerks.
>>
>>389700425
>vanilla letting anyone summon to dungeons
that was warlock specific
>>
>>389701014
Meeting stones were vanilla.
>>
>>389694448
The whole point of MMOs is to be social IN THE GAME you fucking retard.
>>389699261
It's IRC but bloated with memes.
>>
>>389701168
They did not teleport anything in vanilla though.
>>
Discord is fine until I encounter those meme spewing spergs.
>>
>>389702001
so it's fine until you use it
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.