[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished this game /v/. Wasn't the final boss supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: drakengard3ps3jpg-0a5ac9.jpg (316KB, 1000x1156px) Image search: [Google]
drakengard3ps3jpg-0a5ac9.jpg
316KB, 1000x1156px
I just finished this game /v/. Wasn't the final boss supposed to be hard? Also, where do I start with reading all the extra shit?
>>
>he actually played it
lmao
>>
>>389692174
What final boss?
>>
>>389692228
>Have best end game boss ever
It was worth it
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
>>389692228
It did get pretty tedious by the end but it wasn't that bad.
>>389692416
Pic related
>>
>>389692174
Unless you did all 5 endings then you haven't finished shit.
>>
File: zeroD.jpg (71KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
zeroD.jpg
71KB, 800x450px
It's less "hard" (though I'd still say it's relatively hard) and more disproportionately punishing in an attempt to be purposefully frustrating to give you a cathartic release when you beat it.

If you have any history in rhythm games then it's not particularly hard, though those without that history have a lot more trouble with it.

To be honest you should've read the Novella )(the one that comes with the limited edition, can also be read on the official site) BEFORE finishing the game, IMO. I feel like it's best round some time after getting Ending A and before getting Ending D. But either way definitely go read that.

Watch playthroughs of the DLCs (or buy them if you're that interested I guess, but they're pricey for how heavily they reuse locations) and read the Memories of the Intoners from the DLCs (they're on the wiki).

There's a manga prequel about the sisters that's kind of neat and gives some character building to them.

Otherwise there's that other novel that you should read that I believe more directly flows into Drakengard 1 but I don't know the specifics of that one.
>>
The last boss pisses me off to no end and took me forever to beat it but it's probably one of my favorite last bosses
>>
File: 47629489_p0.jpg (218KB, 521x742px) Image search: [Google]
47629489_p0.jpg
218KB, 521x742px
I want to rape her stinky crotch.
>>
I hope it gets an HD remake one day with superior and stable fps
>>
>>389692693
Even if you're good at rhythm games it's still hard because it throws silent notes at you during dialogue at the very end you have no idea how to time seriously fuck that shit. I finished it but never again it's one of the worst end bosses ever.
>>
I like Drakengard 3 more than Nier
>>
>>389692956
That's because it's better in all aspects
>>
>>389692956
>>389693012
How can you even have taste this bad? I genuinely don't understand. Is it just about cute girls?
>>
>>389693012
Except framerate, soudntrack, plot and characters.
>>
File: 108.png (3MB, 1279x540px) Image search: [Google]
108.png
3MB, 1279x540px
>>389692894
That doesn't really qualify as hard though since someone who could naturally get that far would then just trial and error the last part. I don't most people would classify that as difficult in the traditional sense.

That said I LOVE the boss, but I get why people don't. I found it hard and the camera fuckery and fake out at the end were pure bullshit and immensely frustrating, but the whole thing was fucking beautiful, and completing the entire thing, seeing the culmination of the story (with Mikhail's speech to Zero), all while finally having that IMMENSE catharsis of having beaten that boss was such a rush of emotions, it felt amazing.

I think it definitely treads the line of going too far in the "purposefully frustrating" angle for some, but for me it was amazing.

KU
RO
I

HA
NA

>>389692956
I like aspects of it better, and I enjoyed it a ton, but I think Nier is the better game overall. Whether I like it more is another matter entirely, but I couldn't say to that either way.

Zero is still my favourite character in the series easily.
>>
>>389692894
Goddamn that last note is bullshit. How are you supposed to time it when the song slows down so much?
>>
>>389693186
I find the linear hallways of D3 compliment the garbage gameplay better than the overworld of Nier does. I like the way the endings work in D3 better, replaying through Nier 4 times( even if you start maybe halfway through) is annoying with the limited changes between playthroughs. There's other stuff but it's hard for me to put into words. Nier has better music though
>>389693516
>but I think Nier is the better game overall
Yeah I would agree that Nier probably is the better game but I enjoyed my time with Drakengard 3 more.
>>
major fps drops aside the only things I flat-out disliked about Drakengard 3 were the chakrams
FUCK chakrams
the useless computer companions at least provided banter and didn't obstruct me in any discernible way, chakram missions were shitty as hell
>>
>>389693516
OP here, the rhythm stuff generally wasn't bad. Even the camera movement wasn't a problem when I chose to focus on the music instead because you really don't need to look at all. The last note was a fucking joke with the slowdown but the rest was perfectly fair.
Story wise it was excellent but it felt a bit disjointed because Zero and Mikhail said their emotional goodbye but there were still several hours of attempts before the actual conclusion so by the time I saw the last cutscene some of the effect was lost.
And Nier is better in my opinion but I enjoyed both.
>>
File: Zero0.png (878KB, 1000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Zero0.png
878KB, 1000x1400px
>>389694343
For me it was the opposite regarding the conclusion. Perhaps because I was particularly invested in Zero and Mikhail's relationship and that was the driving reason I wanted to finish it, but the fact the reward after several hours of attempts was specifically seeing their goodbyes was what made it work for me.
>>
>>389695438
I guess that makes sense and their final dialogue was still emotional as hell so I can't complain too much.
>>
File: octa.png (78KB, 422x297px) Image search: [Google]
octa.png
78KB, 422x297px
>>389695946
Read the chapter that talks about Zero's past from the novella ASAP by the way.

Hot damn does it give some perspective on why she was so utterly fucked in the head even from the start.

The novella in general is a pretty fun read actually. Pic related.
>>
>>389696446
Fucking Octa.
That novella is the on the official website, right? I plan to read all of the side stuff and extra stories because I find the story, characters and world really interesting. I actually need to get around to reading Grimoire Nier now that I think about it.
>>
File: d3le.jpg (2MB, 2448x2304px) Image search: [Google]
d3le.jpg
2MB, 2448x2304px
>>389697243
Yes, that's the one. Though I believe it's missing a few chapters that are in the physical version of the book, you might find them on the wiki. If not, they're gonna be SOMEWHERE online.

>tfw I have that book
>>
>>389692856
this
Drakengard 3 is better than automata
>>
>>389699121
Fuck, I wish I had the money to buy collectors editions and shit.
Anyway, I just read Zero's chapter. She had a rough life, I see what you mean about it giving some perspective. The website has chapters for all 6 intoners, the 4 disciples and Mikhail. That's most of the important characters, so unless Michael has a chapter or something then that that's probably all of them.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.