[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://nintendoeverything.com/mercu rysteam-originally-wante

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: metroid-fusion-1-1.jpg (130KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
metroid-fusion-1-1.jpg
130KB, 1000x500px
http://nintendoeverything.com/mercurysteam-originally-wanted-to-remake-metroid-fusion-instead-of-metroid-ii/

How would you reacted if Metroid Fusion remake was announced instead of Metroid II, /v/?

Surely there's more nostalgia for this game than Metroid II, right?
>>
Fusion doesn't really need a remake. The only thing they could possibly add to it is a "Press Start to shut Adam the fuck up" feature.
>>
>>389689201
It did need a remake
So nintendo wouldnt get on that guys ass
>>
Fusion suit would have made for a better lowpoly model than the varia suit.
>>
>a remake of a remake
Nintendorks will defend this.
>>
File: ehh.jpg (92KB, 1717x526px) Image search: [Google]
ehh.jpg
92KB, 1717x526px
>>389689321
>>
>>389688821
>How would you reacted if Metroid Fusion remake was announced instead of Metroid II, /v/?
I would be angry, Fusion doesn't need a remake.

>Surely there's more nostalgia for this game than Metroid II, right?
No
>>
>>389688821
I wouldn't be mad at all, but I'd question the decision. If they were ever to do a Fusion remake, they would have to add in a lot and fix several design choices to make it worthwhile. One example would be fixing how missiles work. Going from Super Missiles to Ice Missiles lowers its influence since things that took one missile to destroy now take two missiles because of the freezing effect taking priority. Implement some kind of toggle to turn the Ice element on and off or something.
>>
>>389689384
>giving fusion suit shoulders

That's fucked up
>>
Fusion is the worst 2D game.
I want a SM remake
>>
>>389690127
Looks better than the original
>>
File: 1424400063767.jpg (98KB, 761x732px) Image search: [Google]
1424400063767.jpg
98KB, 761x732px
>Fusion remake with Other M style cutscenes
>>
>>389690453
I like the muscle texture. But the lights-bolts in bigger shoulders miss the point of the fusion suit
>>
>>389689365
Fusion isn't a remake, you're thinking of Zero Mission
>>
>>389690267
Super Metroid doesn't NEED a remake. It's perfect as it is.

2 is a metroid that actually could be improved upon.
>>
Seeing as how Fusion is the worst not Other M Metroid, I'm okay with the 2 remake.
>>
>>389690453
This
>>
>>389688821
>nostalgia
nice buzzword
>>
>>389690267
>I want a SM remake
Super doesn't need a remake.
>>
>>389690650
Other M 2
>>
>they want to remake fusion also
how fucking long is it going to take to get an actually new 2D metroid game
>>
>>389691481
>they want to remake fusion also
Apparently you can't read.

They originally pitched Metroid Fusion, but Sakamoto declined their offer in favor of working on a Metroid II remake instead.
>>
>>389688821
Considering 2 was already done better than nintendo could ever hope to with AM2R I'd say they can go ahead and take the worst game in the series bar the primeshitfests and have at it.
>>
File: Heheheh.png (118KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
Heheheh.png
118KB, 500x561px
>twn be a metroid 5
>>
>>389690971
>It's perfect as it is.
The controls aren't very intuitive. There's no run, jump, and shoot together.
>>
>>389692224
Sakamoto has stated that if this does well, he wants to work on the next Metroid project full speed.

Pray on the good will of the press and upcoming Nintendo World Championships to give it the attention it needs to sell well.

I've only heard good things from the usual sources I go to though so I have a feeling this is a breadwinner.
>>
>>389692108
If they don't want to remake it then why did they pitch it?
>>
Fusion is playable by today's standard, doesn't really need a remake. Metroid 2 on the other hand hasn't aged well.
>>
>>389692383
MercurySteam pitched it, you fucking moron
>>
>>389692383
It says in the article, MercurySteam originally came to Nintendo with intent to remake Fusion, but Sakamoto declined it in favor of Metroid II remake instead.
>>
>>389691009
Fusion is the second best 2D Metroid.
>>
>>389692442
No fucking shit retard, so obviously they want to remake it.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.