[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I hate almost every single game in this franchise and drop them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: albw.jpg (289KB, 1280x1166px) Image search: [Google]
albw.jpg
289KB, 1280x1166px
I hate almost every single game in this franchise and drop them immediately except for A link to the past. I was wondering about getting A link between worlds just now since it seems like more of the same. Is it?
>>
Pretty much a link to the past 3D
>>
>>389684582
the overworld layout is the same but the interior of the dungeons is redone

i enjoy the franchise but ALBW had the best dungeon design in the series, IMO. usually i kinda dread the dungeon in 2D zeldas, but they were a joy in ALBW
>>
It's good but pretty middle of the road, if you feel that way about Zelda it's probably not worth your time
>>
>>389684582
>hate every game
>except one of the most mediocre ones
>>
>>389684582
GOTY 2013 for me. Definitely a must play in the franchise.
>>
>>389684582
Its not a 3d Zelda so that means its actually a good zelda title...
>>
>>389684582

It's a good game, and it's better than BOTW.
>>
>>389684839
the overworld is also kinda remixed in a lot of ways. the caves in Death Mountain/etc all have different interiors and lead to different things, there are different collectables that weren't there in LttP, and Lorule is segmented and traversed through wall portals that are completely different form the Dark World portals in LttP.
>>
It's easy, cartoony, and short. I don't know why they're praising the dungeons, they were childish.
>>
>>389684978
Yeah honestly, I think I should just stop trying to get into these games .They seem good and there are so many people who love them which I want to experience too.
I just absolutely hate the fact of how closed the games feel and how you always seem to need a special item that you don't know where is to use it for a thing that you don't know what for.
>>389685071
Just got done trying Minish Cap, thought it was dreadful and played like a chore.
>>
>>389684636
Except everything is different
>>
It has the most freedom out of all the 2D Zeldas after the first one, so you should give it a try if that interests you. I think it's slightly better than ALTTP, but I don't really find either to be absolute masterpieces either.
>>
>>389684582
then why would you buy them>
fucking dumbass
>>
I was about to call you a faggot, but LTTP is one of my favorite games in the series so you get a pass.
>>
>>389685723
lol I don't, I should have worded my post differently. You fucking dumbass. I lend them from a friend who loves the games.
>>
>>389684582
It is and it isn't, its like a 3D remix but still top down. The wall merge is kinda just there, same as rentals, neither really added much. Some dungeons I liked better in LttP and some I liked better in ALBW. The only thing I really didn't like was how easy ALBW was, otherwise good game.
Also if you like LttP I have to recommend Ancient Stone Tablets, its a japan only LttP expansion sort of, made by Nintendo too.
>>
It's good but EXTREMELY easy, i don't think i died even a single time
>>
do you want to replay LTTp with an ugly 3d art style and worse item system and gay wall gimmick?
>>
>>389686170
no, I'd rather just go outside.
That's literally how I feel about every Zelda game, the atmosphere isn't any special.
I can go outside in a forest near my home and have a better experience.
>>
I played this despite never having played ALTTP and fucking loved it.
>>
>>389685627
I was exactly the same way, with the exception of kinda liking Wind Waker, mainly through it's charm.

I only really enjoyed ALTTP, until I tried Breath of the Wild, which is simply phenomenal. It really tries fresh things for the franchise, and what would be important to you, you get all the necessary tools for exploration/puzzle solving from nearly a start. I can't recommend it enough.
>>
>>389686432
you have ice arrows and monsters in your forest?
>>
>>389684582
It's hard to answer your question without knowing what it is you like about Zelda games and what you dislike with them.
>>
>>389688624
No but the combat in Zelda games is so incredibly stale and bleak. I could just pick up a stick and swing it around sometimes spinning myself in a circle and I'd get the same combat experience. I own an old bow somewhere, maybe I should go and dig that up. Become someone who browses /out/ instead of /v/.
>>
Save your money and emulate the minish cap that game is great. You will like it if you also like alttp
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.