[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An Ultima game with the engine and gameplay of Divinity Original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1483360876957.png (151KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1483360876957.png
151KB, 2560x1600px
An Ultima game with the engine and gameplay of Divinity Original Sin might be the best game ever.
>>
>>389662920
That would make for a cool combination
I agree.
>>
What's going on with Shroud of the Avatar
>>
>>389662920
Good point, it's surprising no one's started a remake mod yet
>>
>>389663473
>>389663685

Exactly, right?

I've always felt that Larian knows how to make really cool pseudo-traditional CRPG gameplay with an SRPG twist, but their story department is an absolute joke and they can't write anything that's not ultra cringe-core """humor""".

Garriott on the other hand knows how to make stories and plots so deep they leave you questioning yourself and your beliefs and how those beliefs effect the people around you, but the man's studio can't write a combat engine to save their lives.

Combine these two and you might very well start a new golden age.
>>
>>389663685
For such a highly regarded series, I'm surprised EA hasn't brought it back from the dead.
>>
Is Pagan good? It's the only one I own, about to play my first Ultima game with it
>>
>>389662920
Fuck that shit just try Runescape 3
>>
>>389663604
perpetually trapped within early access
awful combat system
pay to win
not even open world
>>
>>389664598
>bringing up fucking Runescape in an Ultima thread

Holy shit the underage is real.
>>
File: 1460328676220.jpg (314KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460328676220.jpg
314KB, 1280x720px
>>389662920
AND with a story for adults, without the themes and tone limitations older games suffered from as games at that time were made thinking in children, because it was normal for a 12 years old to play a CRPG or and adventure, unlike now when those genres are almost only for adults and we can have stories like Witcher 3's.
>>
>>389663824
Gariott is pretty out of touch nowadays so he's of no use to Larian. On the other hand Larian could fucking hire a couple of competent writers for a change. Or perhaps just utilize the writers they already have better. Dragon Commander wasn't half-bad as far as writing goes, but Original Sin was terrible.
>>
I just want to finish that Ultima clone that only exists online as freeware!

I need closure!
>>
>>389664578
I liked it when I was a kid, I think, but apparently it was a huge letdown after how great 7 was. Not as bad as 9 though.
>>
>>389663824
>ultra cringe-core """humor"""

Is their new game like this too?
>>
>>389665216
It's less focused on the humor than the original but there's still clear signs of DOS1's "wit" in there. It's a lot more tolerable and there's a bit more seriousness to the plot, but I doubt you can avoid a slight drip of it.
>>
>>389664880

Garriot's out of touch, but there's real potential hidden down there. Which is why he can build on something, like Ultima, which he actually understands.

Even if it's just a side-thing or a spinoff to the Ultima series, combine it with the DOS combat engine and they can turn the result into a nice pile of money.
>>
What the fuck happened to Garriot? I came into Ultima at 5, and to this day no plot even really compares. Hell even some of the follow-ups (6 and 7) were really fucking groundbreaking in terms of story and still hold up for the occasional replay to this day.

Now all he does is shit out dead MMOs no one wants.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.