[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When it comes to video games, how do you tell a decent opinion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
When it comes to video games, how do you tell a decent opinion from shit taste?
>>
herd mentality is trash. if you hate a game because your community hates it, your opinion is shit.
>>
>>389659591
you play it yourself and form your own opinion rather than watching e-celebs on the jewtube give theirs
>>
That's Quest 64 isn't it.
>>
>>389659893
This.
>>
>>389659591
Amount of autism in the opinion. It's the only way to be certain. The more seriously someone takes it when they have no rational reason to the more likely it is they put a lot of unnecessary but fruitful thought into it.
>>
Whether or not they enjoy MOBAs
>>
when it aligns perfectly with mine, obviously.
>>
>>389659591
>how do you tell a decent opinion from shit taste?

Just use your fucking brain. You've played video games before, right? You can probably figure out what looks like fun or not by hopping on youtube and watching a little gameplay. Don't even listen to the asshole that's talking about it. Just watch some gameplay. Stop hinging your decisions on another person's opinion, even if they have "good taste".
>>
I have an algorithm.

The question is what its use is until the right questions are asked at the proper venues.

The discussion is still valuable though, game features and reflections of opinions on material. "What you read either strengthens or lessens your beliefs on a topic."
>>
File: 1489611897964.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489611897964.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>389661579
/v/ seems helpful.

>spamming Battlefront critiques — "No roll, no buy"
>now has a roll
>>
>>389659591
by pirating it, trying it and making my own
never trust people who are paid to give an opinion
and never trust consumer's opinions, they're even less reliable
>>
>>389659591
Once the GotY is released on GOG, 4 years after the last DLC for the game, read the first review.
>>
File: Screenshot_196.jpg (26KB, 550x98px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_196.jpg
26KB, 550x98px
>>389661906
>>
>this game is fucking shit, i can't believe people actually like this gay shit lmao
shit opinion
>this game is fucking shit and here's why - (actual examples of bad design, shit controls/writing whatever)
decent, informed opinion

You might be able to coax some actual insight from the first group, but you might also be able to coax your own brain out of your skull by hitting it on a toilet.
>>
>>389659591
I just buy everything I see. If it kind of sucks, or seems like far too much of a chore, I drop it. Just cut to the chase, and you'll save yourself a lot of frustration.
>>
>>389662607
I had a point where I was spending a lot of an entertainment budget on supplements, so I've missed a few games, but watching videos and asking questions seems plenty for the main genres, for figuring out fun games.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.