[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>embarrassingly shit graphics >literally ZERO recoil >fast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 10

File: Stronghold_Metadata_Image.jpg (188KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Stronghold_Metadata_Image.jpg
188KB, 1200x630px
>embarrassingly shit graphics
>literally ZERO recoil
>fast ttk reducing any skill
>instant respawns so ADHD children don't get bored
>tiny, shit looking maps that all look the same
>kill streaks are boring

The sad part is that this game will sell because every normalcuck needs to buy the same shitty reskinned cod every year.
>>
>0 replies
I have pity so I'll bump this Call of Duty thread on /v/
>>
>>389657615
It's like the developers know the game is complete shit because they won't have an open beta. This game may be the nail in the coffin for COD. There might not be a COD game in 2019 and later.
>>
>>389657615
but call of duty sales numbers have plummeted the last few years
>>
I haven't bought a CoD since MW 2, but I'll keep an eye on this one. I like WW2 games, but they peaked with CoD 2.
>>
File: 1504151683339.jpg (29KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1504151683339.jpg
29KB, 450x600px
>>389657615
>embarrassingly shit graphics
They're good to decent.
>literally ZERO recoil
Untrue. Just objectively wrong.
>fast ttk reducing any skill
It has always been like this, plus the skill in CoD isn't in getting kills, it's in getting as many as you can without dying, despite that fast TTK and the chaos.
>instant respawns so ADHD children don't get bored
Only a handful of normal game-modes have instant respawn and literally none of the Hardcore modes have instant respawn.
>tiny, shit looking maps that all look the same
There's nothing wrong with being small, it's like shitting on TF2 or Quake maps. I guess DM17 is small, so is KotH_Viaduct, does that mean they're shit? Why even say "they all look the same? Are you implying Mediterranian sea-forts, snowy medieval ruins in a forest, and war-torn urban areas look the same? Again, why even say something that's literally, factually wrong?
>kill streaks are boring
And if they weren't you'd complain that they were overpowered, this is an even dumber criticism considering it's coming from someone that's already complaining about the TTK.

Don't you have some Neptunia game or SMT spin-off to be playing, kiddo?
>>
>>389658619
>won't have an open beta.
They've literally had 2 so far, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>389659018
They were both for those who pre-ordered only, smartass.

This whole trend "get access to multiplayer beta's by pre-ordering" needs to fucking stop.
>>
>>389658696
I fucking hate how /v/ makes me defend CoD, but you fucking retards live in a bubble.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/call-of-duty-franchise-game-sales-statistics/

>Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2
>Call of Duty : Black Ops
>Call of Duty : Black Ops II
>Call of Duty : Ghosts
>Call of Duty : Advanced Warfare
>Call of Duty : Black Ops III

The series clearly isn't dying, considering the best selling game yet came out in 2016, you dimp. And even if, IF it were dying, it would still sell more than anything else. It reminds me of the Final Fantasy XIV retards who claim why is dead/dying while their game is killing it, despite the fact that WoW at its lowest still had over twice the subs of XIV at its peak.
>>
>>389659340
Just do the Amazon pre-order trick.
>>
>>389658941
>Untrue. Just objectively wrong.
No, it's true. None of the weapons have recoil. Not only that, but the guns all sounds like dogshit.
>>
>>389657615
the game is supposed to be very arcady fps with fast gameplay, how hard is it to get it?
>>
>>389659403
Look at this damage control.

You don't include Infinity Warfare knowing the sales are wayyyy less than BO3.
>>
>>389657615
>The sad part is that this game will sell because every normalcuck needs to buy the same shitty reskinned cod every year.

Nope, chads and normalcucks are too busy getting chicken dinners in PUBG to deal with CoD.
CoD WWII will sell either the same amount of copies as the last CoD (stagnation) or 10-20% fewer.

Screencap this.
>>
File: ljak.jpg (6KB, 232x232px) Image search: [Google]
ljak.jpg
6KB, 232x232px
>>389657615
the whole playerbase of this game appeals to normies who buy the "big games" every year for the sake of it and eat every open world ubisoft steaming pile of shit possible. the low skill floor and ceiling in cod literally makes it so any faggot can be good and jump right in with basic knowledge of a controller, as this is at the end of the day a shitty console shooter for faggots
>>
>>389659403
Can you give me actual financial statements from Activision and not some third party who doesn't even have sources? Plus, this site is BS. Advanced warfare sold less than Ghosts, not more.
>>
>>389659625
The article the guy listed has no data for IW since it was written in 2016. He probably meant 2015.

Regardless it's not hard to predict dips. Treyarch games are going to be the series crests, IW titles are going to be the troughs, and Sledgehammer will be somewhere in-between.
>>
>>389659625
>Facts are damage control
Really?

>You don't include Infinity Warfare knowing the sales are wayyyy less than BO3.
No, if you'd actually look at the link you'd see I didn't include it because they don't have sales numbers listed for it yet. It obviously sold worse, but that doesn't change the fact that the best selling game in the franchise came out in 2015. No matter how you slice it, there's no downward trend. "CoD is dying" is literally a meme that exists only in the head of /v/irgins and redditors.

>"I d-d-don't like it or play so that means n-n-no one else does either!"
>>
>>389657615
and we need a thread exposing the flaws in every call of duty since multiple years because ?
>>
>>389657615
>>embarrassingly shit graphics
>>literally ZERO recoil
>>fast ttk reducing any skill
>>instant respawns so ADHD children don't get bored
>>tiny, shit looking maps that all look the same
>>kill streaks are boring
Yes that is how Call of Duty plays, always has and always will. You don't need to cry about it to /v/

>>389659646
>Nope, chads and normalcucks are too busy getting chicken dinners in PUBG to deal with CoD
Nope, I know a lot of Normies who I can see buying CoD and probably around 4 of them have even heard of PubG, it may be immensely popular but not with the normies
>>
>>389659403
Where does this website get its data from? Just telling me the source is Activision means nothing, especially when Activision doesn't release sales info on Call of Duty. Neither does NPD. We know it sells a lot but where exactly is he getting these numbers from? VGchartz?
>>
>>389659942
Can you?

https://www.vg247.com/2017/01/20/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-was-the-best-selling-game-of-2016-despite-all-your-protests-but-battlefield-1-was-hot-on-its-heels/

Plus Infinite Warfare was the best selling game of 2016, even if it sold less than the others.

You can scream and nit-pick all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that CoD isn't dying. If anything it's growing despite fluctuating.
>>
>>389660215
>Nope, I know a lot of Normies who I can see buying CoD and probably around 4 of them have even heard of PubG, it may be immensely popular but not with the normies

Where do you live, just out of curiosity? Because I'm not memeing when I say the chads and normies that I know are mad about this game, but where I'm from in Scotland, PC gaming has been mainstream since the 80's, you find that gen Xers tend to have PC + PlayStation whilst poor millennials have only one or the other.
>>
are you the same people that cry about battlefield 1 not being realistic?
>>
File: 1503439964070.jpg (65KB, 800x366px) Image search: [Google]
1503439964070.jpg
65KB, 800x366px
>>389660215
>it may be immensely popular but not with the normies
dude wtf pubg is literally the same thing
>low skill ceiling for anyone with basic understanding of a keyboard and mouse
>TTP is fucking easily cheesable for anyone, 360 view while proning in grass and not moving your character
>RNG determines early game and therefore lategame, so anyone can get your fucking "chicken dinner haha lel xD"
>literally a streamer's game so normies are exposed to this shit and play it thinking they are good
it's a normies' game
>>
>>389660382
That isn't a financial statement from Activision, and that doesn't mention how many copies it sold. Everyone knows Infinite Warfare sold the most, but it still sold a lot less than every other CoD released over the last half decade. It reportedly sold 50% less than Black Ops 3, but no one knows how much Black Ops 3 sold because Activision doesn't release sales numbers on Call of Duty games, they just release how much money the games lake but that isn't a good indicator of sales because that's just money made, which counts DLC, loot crate purchase, etc. I'mm still waiting for an actual source from activation specifying how many copies each CoD game has sold. NPD doesn't release sales numbers, it's just a placement chart.
>>
>>389660228
Just look at Activisions own financial reports.

>"For Activision, Call of Duty: Infinite
Warfare may have got a little lost in
space, but Call of Duty remained the
number one console franchise globally,
and we’re looking forward to new
Call of Duty content and Destiny 2 "

You can scream and pout all you want on /v/, while making Persona 5 and "I WANT TO FUCK 2B!" threads, but Call of Duty is literally the most successful franchise of the past 20 years.

http://investor.activision.com/annual-reports.cfm
>>
>>389660771
I have, they don't mention actual units sold there either. They just comment on how much money the game has made them. That isn't a sales number.
>>
>>389660636
So it sold """""bad,""""" but was still the best selling game of 2016? Damn, you sure showed me.
>>
>>389660771
maybe one day this normalcuck shit show will end
>>
>>389659571
You are outright lying and absolutely retarded.
The kick on the WWII weapons are all pretty high, each of them climbs significantly. The only ones with low recoil are the Grease Gun and Bren because their rates of fire are so low, but even those climb up a bit.
>>
>>389660931
bought the new FIFA too you fucking faggot?
>>
>>389660931
did you actually fire an mp40 before? you can barely feel it going off
>>
>>389661082
>Get proven wrong
>Resorts to nonsensical insults

Why do CoD and PUBG trigger """true gamers"" so much?
>>
>>389657615
>The sad part is that this game will sell because every normalcuck needs to buy the same shitty reskinned cod every year.

welcome to capitalism, where people can use THEIR MONEY to buy the things THEY WANT.

don't like it? THEN FUCK OFF TO NORTHKOREA YOU COMMIE SCUMPLEB - FUCKING KILL YOURSELF LOL
>>
>>389659018
>literally
nice buzzword
>>
>>389661325
It's even funnier when you consider that OP probably bought Splatoon 2, Persona 5, and the newest Nep game.
>>
>>389661325
i'm not a fucking commie, i'm saying that it pisses me off how this fucking steaming shit can sell so well and disgrace the industry like it does
>>
File: 1493477704254.jpg (17KB, 187x204px) Image search: [Google]
1493477704254.jpg
17KB, 187x204px
>>389661231
because this shit is just a low skill floor cesspit of absolute monotonous cancer, and the fucking jews can still pull it off
>>
>>389659646
>Screencap this.
Kill yourself.
>>
So this is all pretty dependant on what you consider normie

>>389660432
I live in south of England, but go to uni in Nottingham. Last year between my normie friend there was 6 PS4s that all functioned as Fifa/GTA/BF/CoD and Rocket League machines, I know two people who I consider normie who play PubG and there are a few more who play but certainly aren't normie

The vast majority of them have laptops and don't consider gaming on them

>>389660632
It may be a normie tier game but they don't know it exists or if they do they don't want to play, or they want to play but only with friends and they don't have friends who want to play

Normies don't know/care about Twitch streamers
>>
all cod games can be boiled down to constantly aiming down sights and spraying a smg non stop
>>
>>389661540
>low skill floor
Just like Chess or Street Fighter? There is literally nothing wrong with a low skill floor.

>absolute monotonous cancer
Meanwhile the games YOU play are veritable cornucopias of variety and excitement? Fuck off and learn the difference between facts and opinions. Clearly there's something there considering the sales numbers.

I don't even like CoD but I can't stand retards like you. You're like the little kid at recess getting mad because you want to play Red Rover when everyone else is playing Kickball.
>>
>>389660931
>The kick on the WWII weapons are all pretty high
t. didn't play the beta
Most of the guns has piss poor weapon recoil to the point where you can play the game and compensate for the "Recoil" on a fucking controller.
>>
>>389661737
I'm from the east midlands too, and the normies around here are going mad over the game, since they actually have friends to play with.
>>
>>389661783
Yeah, "boiled down," you can boil down anything. That's why it's a stupid fucking argumentative technique.
>>
>>389657615
I tend to atleast redbox every Call of Duty game for the single player, and they're fun as shit.
>>
>>389659403
>considering the best selling game yet came out in 2016
2015*
>>
>>389661785
Discounting RNG, the game plays the same every match, in which you loot, get weapons and fight over and over and over. In groups it seems to be better but in solo it's just a large deathmatch.
>>
>>389661889
i stand by my statement
>>
>tfw you occasionally enjoy the easy to enjoy non complicated fun of CoD and Fifa
>A website with a board dedicated to people who enjoy video games is a horrible place to reveal this information as you will get shitted since they're not hardcore enough
>You enjoy the hardcore games too because you just like Vidya in general
>>
File: ftZZ0s8.png (442KB, 550x720px) Image search: [Google]
ftZZ0s8.png
442KB, 550x720px
>>389662197
>we hate vidya
>>
>>389662109
>the game plays the same every match
The opposite is true, hence why it's so popular. I hate to keep making analogies to other games, but it's like chess: I guess it plays the same every match because you have the same number of squares and the same pieces? Does Street Fighter always play the same because you always have two characters on a flat plane? Does Quake always play the same because you have the same maps with weapons spawning in the same places? You can reduce anything to the level of retardation, so why do it?
>>
>>389662398
desu you're right, i'm a fucking retard but am still pissed this shit can steal has critical acclaim and is so popular. after all it's /v/ and it's le cool xD to hate on anything that's popular for normies
>>
>>389659403
Where's MW3?
Where are the actual sources?
I really hope you don't take this website as some kind of bible on sales info when Activision themselves never actually say how many copies CoD sells.
>>
Its honestly pretty fun desu, animations are great, graphics are as well. War mode is awesome. Just because it's a formula game doesn't mean it's bad. Best party game 2017, prove me wrong
>>
File: tumblr_ovnvbnsG3A1qechzfo1_1280.jpg (953KB, 1280x1621px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ovnvbnsG3A1qechzfo1_1280.jpg
953KB, 1280x1621px
>>389662398
Holy shit anon, they've had enough.
>>
"I HATE COD BECAUSE IT PLAYS LIKE COD" - the thread

It's just another reskin of a very successful formula, you're an idiot if you expected anything new or groundbreaking from it..why would they change something that literally prints them money?
>>
>>389659927
>Any faggot can jump in and start playing
Yeah there's something called a high skill ceiling as well you tard
>>
>>389662556
Check VG charts or the prior-linked Activision Financial yearlies. Even legitimate third parties like the NPD show CoD is still a a massive behemoth that dwarfs every other franchise. Games that /v/ considers "successful" like Splatoon and Persona 5 sell only a fraction of the copies that any given CoD on a single platform sells.
>>
>>389657615
If you ask for a longer TTK you don't know what you're talking about.

Engagements usually are so short (in any FPS) that if the TTK is sufficiently long enough, it gets really difficult and frustrating to kill someone.

I played planetside 2 for a while and that game is bigger in every aspect of FPS.
There's more stuff to shoot, faster moving shit, more space, more actual dangerous vehicles.

Once you start to shoot a person and they have proper reaction time you will probably not be able to kill him.

Combine the utter shite recoil of the guns, the guns shooting actual projectiles as opposed to being hitscan, the enemy's reaction speed and usage of cover and their allies and lastly the TTK, it gets a heck of a lot more difficult to kill people let alone be a CoD kiddie with a streak of higher than 2:1 without cheesing.
>>
>>389662913
So much this
>>
>>389663260
heavy assault is the way to go, pick up a battlegoose and all
>>
>>389660931
>pretty high kick
Are you fucking retarded? Cod 2 was one of the last games in the series that at least tried to have some amount of recoil. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O38a_Bx18RU
>>
>>389657615
>normies
>COD
Lmao do you live under a rock? Destiny, R6, and OW have all replaced COD
>>
>>389657615
I like a fast ttk, I can't stand it when games make everyone bullet sponges
>>
>>389663673
>Destiny, R6, and OW have all replaced COD
No they haven't.
>>
>>389663673
I know this is bait but Jesus I just had to reply
>>
File: 1504888234502.jpg (42KB, 706x706px) Image search: [Google]
1504888234502.jpg
42KB, 706x706px
>>389661737
>Nott uni
Going freshers this year? The girls here are soo fucking fine man
>>
>>389662398
Looool goddamn, anon btfo everyone here
>>
>>389663968
i heard they're fucking peng
>>
>>389659403
>WoW
Had subscriptions with time-card, cafe logins as well though.
>>
>>389663007
>check VGchartz
KEK, Vgcharts is not a source of valid info. They make up their numbers, as stated by the owner of the website, and a lot of their sales info is wrong. As as already stated ITT: Activision has never releases sales info for any of the Call of Duty games. The most they do release is how much money they have made off of the brand, they never ever comment on how many copies each of the yearly releases has sold since launch. Telling people to look at financial statements means nothing because those financial statements don't release units sold, only money made, and that counts DLC not to mention that the games go on sale repeatedly.
>>
File: DankFB.png (617KB, 609x749px) Image search: [Google]
DankFB.png
617KB, 609x749px
>>389663968
I'm going into 3rd year but will be there anyway. I'm too much of a loser gamer to actually get with the girls apart from a daughter of a Champs League winner with Forest which was kinda cool
>>
>>389664321
How does that change anything? XIV gets played in cafes too.
>>
>>389664348
Then check the NPD numbers.

>Every number you give is invalid because I say so, so i'm right
>>
>tl;dr
>CoD is a shit series
WOW
WHO COULD HAVE GUESSED
>>
File: 1504891611352.jpg (62KB, 562x500px) Image search: [Google]
1504891611352.jpg
62KB, 562x500px
>>389664417
Tbh I'm looking for a lightskin goddess for a simple fwb relationship
>>
>>389662398
What anon tried to say was:
>the game plays the same every match
>matches are boring

Quake is not boring
Street Fighter is not boring
Chess is not boring

So guess what anon?
Yes. PUBG is shit.
>>
>>389664919
this is kinda what i was going for but i'm a faggot either way
>>
>>389664607
NPD doesn't release numbers you fucking retard, do you live in 2006?
>>
>>389664919
>Quake is not boring
>Street Fighter is not boring
>Chess is not boring
These are opinions. And if PUBG is so boring, than maybe those games should become more boring too considering how massively popular and profitable PUBG has become.
>>
>>389662946
>Skill ceiling
>Cod
Pick one nigger also im not the guy you replied to
>>
>>389665127
>popular
>profitable
So is baseball and it's the shittiest sport ever

So what would you know people have shit tastes I wonder what's your case huh?
>>
>>389665119
Does it matter when they Infinite Warfare, the worst CoD yet still was the best selling game of 2016?

You've yet to post any numbers to refute what I've posted either.
>>
>>389665292
>DUDE ARGUMENTUM AD POPULUM XD
You realize this means the reverse arguments don't work either, right? Being popular doesn't make something bad and neither does being unpopular make something good.
>>
>>389665173
You're right though, there isn't a skill ceiling. You can just keep getting better, that's what's so great about it
>>
>>389665594
>le fallacy quote
Nigga pls. PUBG is shit not because it's popular but because it's shit period.
>>
COD is fun so /v/ will hate it just based on that and its popularity
Nothing to see here, just contrarians as usual
Please go back to playing your perverted visual novels
>>
>>389665798
Why is it shit? Because you don't like it? Why is your opinion any more valid than the 10 million others who bought it? What games do you think are good?
>>
>>389665465
best selling game of 2016 in America, you know NPD is only America, right? How many times are you going to change your argument? I'm still waiting for those sources.
>>
>>389666340
And what? You think Europe is any different from America? You think Japan is even a drop in the bucket?

I'm posting numbers and you're discounting the, the burden of proof is on you now. If it's so easy, you should be able to find a single source that refutes me.
>>
>>389662573
>animations are great
Fire one round out of the Enfield, reload a five round clip
>>
>>389666674
You're posting numbers with no sources and i've proven enough by stating that activision and NPD don't post units sold. You've yet to give me an actual source from activation proving otherwise. You just say shit like "look at vgchartz" but vgchartz isn't activision and they aren't a legitimate source for information. then you say look at NPD but NPD doesn't release sales units either. then you say to look at activision's financial statements but all they do is mention how much money they made off of the brand, they never release sales units. The numbers you keep posting get discounted because there's a good reason for it. I'm still waiting for those sources.
>>
>>389660771
>most
It's a wonder what the CoD vs. WoW incomes are.

>>389664520
..Mostly as a neg on WoW's listed subscriptions, with some inflection on how little the genre is seemingly doing for similar results -- but both WoW and XIV subs are a mystery, and other games are on point now China.
>>
>>389666923
Animations still look good regardless
>>
>>389666936
There's no public release of the sales figures then, but every other metric points to the massive success of the franchise.

Again, how about you post some numbers that refute anything I've, said. You can't, which is why you're sitting here and getting butthurt about me posting the actual numbers we do have, nitpicking all the while.
>>
>>389667202
Not for a game that developers claimed to be "authentic".
>>
>>389667250
No one was arguing against CoD popularity, all I wanted was sources on the sales units but you just acted like a retard pretending to be smart when you're actually retarded.
>If it's so easy, you should be able to find a single source that refutes me.
NPD themselves show that they don't release sales info (source: any NPD release). Activision doesn't ever release sales units on Call of Duty, even in their financial statements (source: look at the financial statements, even the one you posted ITT), and VGChartz is an illegitimate website. You've done absolutely nothing but prance around like an idiot whenever I point these things out and still refuse to give me these supposed sources from activision that comment on units sold.
>>
>>389667691
Well thankfully im neither a developer nor an autist, I just enjoy fun games
>>
>>389667691
They only say that this CoD is authentic and realistic bc they think they lose sales to BF bc people think it's more realistic

They're not trying to convince /v/autists they're trying to sway people from BF to CoD
Thread posts: 101
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.