[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fun fact: there was once a time when a lot of people hated that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_nug3uy2LWV1tde4rco1_400.gif (968KB, 400x238px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nug3uy2LWV1tde4rco1_400.gif
968KB, 400x238px
Fun fact: there was once a time when a lot of people hated that these two were father and son. What are some other examples of stark changes in opinion over time in vidya?
>>
thats only because the voice acting / cutscenes in super mario sunshine were so awful

bowser being mature / responsible deep down is a great part of his characterization that is shown off in SMRPG, BIS, and all the new Bowser / Bowser Jr. stuff
>>
>>389628929
There was time not too long ago when people hated Bowser Jr.'s guts and thought he was the Scrappy Doo of the Mario games, and it was a lot more than just voice acting that caused people to think that way.
>>
File: Jr troopa.png (257KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
Jr troopa.png
257KB, 420x420px
>>389629006
This. I still hate him, but he does have his moments sometimes, rare as they are.

I'LL NEVER FORGIVE THIS FUCKING CUNT THOUGH
>>
File: tumblr_ovxoc0wVMX1wvypi7o1_540.jpg (41KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ovxoc0wVMX1wvypi7o1_540.jpg
41KB, 540x540px
>>389629102
I'm not saying the people who hated him had a point-- I'm just saying that it wasn't caused by voice acting.

Either way, what are some other major turn-arounds in opinion in video games?
>>
>>389629186
Raider from Metal Gear Solid was pretty fucking hated at one point, due to the way Kojima literally tricked fans looking forward to MGS2 by using Snake in every bit of footage, including parts of the game where he isn't even present.
>>
>>389628870
I just wish his design wasn't so derivative, or at least had a different name

It's like they were worried that people would think he was Baby Bowser or something so they gave him the most obvious name ever
>>
>I've got things to do and daddy issues to repress
Poor kid ;_;
>>
>>389630436
People still mix the two of them up, especially since the new yoshi games use his design for baby browser. So clearly it wasn't enough
>>
>>389629102
You hate Jr. Troopa? I loved his silly dedication for trying to fuck up Mario. It's a shame to me the Paper Mario series will never reference him again, I want like a secret boss fight where you can rematch him.
>>
>You will never play a Paper Mario game where a grown up Jr. from the future wrecks everyone's shit and you have to team up with the Koopalings to stop him
>>
>>389628870
Before Bowser was a guy desperate to capture Peach just so he can say "Look son, mommy is here!" to his son. Bowser's wife fell into a cliff filled with lava when Bowser Jr was born, and Bowser didn't want to let his son grow up knowing his mother was killed. Bowser did his best to convince Bowser Jr that the Bowser kingdom was in need of taking back his mother from the evil mushroom kingdom and their nasty Mario Brothers. Bowser even hired kids to play the role of Bowser Jr's siblings to make Bowser Jr less lonely when his father is out capturing Peach.

Over the years, whilst still convincing Bowser Jr that his mother still needed saving from the Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser and Bowser Jr started having more time to bond together. Bowser Jr had his chance in helping getting his mom back, and has also helped in messing up the Mushroom Kingdom. (Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle) Sometimes Bowser Jr even forgets about the whole thing of Peach supposedly being his mom, because he has so much fun doing evil with his dad.
>>
>>389629102
>He never joins your party
Would've been way cooler than the Koopa Bros. bait-and-switch.
>>
File: Bowser_original.jpg (26KB, 701x400px) Image search: [Google]
Bowser_original.jpg
26KB, 701x400px
It became too difficult not to like them after this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03bAayBtcb0
>>
>>389634053
>tfw bowser Jr will never get NEW GAME
>>
>>389634053
>Hey dad, I found a thread about you on /v/!
>>
I never knew he was hated at all. I thought he was cute in Super Mario Sunshine. The cringy dialogue came from peach, not bowser Jr.

He's also pretty cute in the Mario Rabbids game.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.