[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you'll never be playing FEAR in 2005 again Why are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 28

File: fear_1.jpg (360KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
fear_1.jpg
360KB, 1024x768px
>you'll never be playing FEAR in 2005 again

Why are we here? Just to suffer
>>
I can play it in the current year, on a PC that can handle it on max settings without problems, at a high resolution, appreciating the fact that it is better than 95% of modern shooters and having fun with ragdolls if I don't limit the frame rate. What's the problem?
>>
>>389627185
That bitch Alma got me good in the vents and at the ladder.
>>
>>389627347
That game design has regressed and homogenized
>>
>>389627416
How is that relevant to your ability to play F.E.A.R?
>>
Overrated game desu
>>
File: Alien.jpg (1014KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Alien.jpg
1014KB, 1920x1080px
>>389627185
>tfw when you were hyped for alien colonial marines
>tfw you played the shit out of it till the playerbase died off

Alien isolation game with pulse rifles when?
>>
>>389627725
This.

The shooting in FEAR is amazing, but everything else lets it down.
>you fight through a repetitive office complex, grey concrete warehouse and other equally boring settings
>the plot is expressed entirely through droning voicemail messages
>the horror is nothing but cheap jumpscares and dark corridors
>>
>2005
>Wow, games have come a long way, can't wait to see what's next!

Fuck.
>>
>>389627185
why the fuck can you not play it today? it's not like 2005 was some magical year that allows you to play fear
>>
>>389627873
>the horror is nothing but cheap jumpscares and dark corridors

>invisible ceiling ninjas aren't scary
yeah ok
>>
game would be fun for a replay if the movement wasn't so fucking slow. still better than modern FPS but god damn, feels like molasses
>>
File: 1470267007435.jpg (21KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470267007435.jpg
21KB, 400x300px
>>389627983

>Oh no! I'm armed to the teeth and have god-like reflexes! I feel so vulnerable :(

oh, the horror
>>
>>389627881
Where did it go wrong?
>>
>>389627806
last sp game I enjoyed
>>
>>389628216

The year before, 2004. doom 3 and half life 2 marked the beginning of game sequels being more technologically advanced but inferior gameplay experiences.
>>
>>389628216
Developers saw with the potential with Steam that to deliver unfinished games that they could just patch later.
>>
>>389627185
Its a great Shooter, But nothing more.
The horror elements really could be cut out and the game would still be good.
Can't see why everyone hyped it so much, it was just a mix of gimicks that over games had.
>>
>>389627725
Only one nu-/v/ cuck spotted in 15 posts.

I'm fucking impressed
>>
>>389627347
>For some reason I get really bad coil whine with FEAR on a modern card but no other game does it
wtf bros
>>
>>389628031
THIS.

It's still fantastic if not for that. Did not age well.
>>
File: 1997 was 20 years ago.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1997 was 20 years ago.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>FEAR is now as old as DOOM was when FEAR came out
>>
>>389627185
>Get FEAR demo in a magazine disk
>install
>5 minutes in the grill in the hallway
>nope.tiff
>uninstall
>play it last year
>enjoy it
>>
>>389629237

Enjoy your repetitive, babby's first """horror""" hallway shooter.
>>
File: 1324084338081.jpg (41KB, 675x612px) Image search: [Google]
1324084338081.jpg
41KB, 675x612px
>>389627185
>tfw my friend complete the entire game+persus mandate on the hardest difficulty
>10 years later he is struggling on normal
>>
>>389627873
Level design and how combat is made around it is pretty great as well, but these are not things your average pleb can appreciate, they rather have open world shooters or brainless enemies spawning from everywhere while running like sanic.
>>
>>389629461
At least there are plenty of doom clones. There has never been a single game released after FEAR that's as good as FEAR. It also didn't help that it was released during the era when CoD was going to be the industry standard for FPS.
>>
>>389630031
Well there's been plenty of games that are better, so here's that.
>>
>>389630127
Not around those years, FEAR was the last good shooter made.
>>
>>389630127
do enlighten me, I can only remember liking the 2 Metro games off the top of my head.
>>
>>389630195
>>389630207
Crysis, Serious Sam 3.
>>
>>389630207

Bioshock and STALKER
>>
>>389630313
Thanks for naming the average pleb games i'm talking about.>>389629858
>they rather have open world shooters
Crysis

>or brainless enemies spawning from everywhere while running like sanic.
Serious Sam 3.

Enjoy your shitty games with next to no level design and brainless enemies, i guess.
>>
I was actually really underwhelmed and dissappointed with FEAR in 2005. By the standard of those years, it was quite weak in most respects.

I only kinda started to appreciate it in the great FPS drought that came around 2009 and onwards, with the great Halo and CoD plagues. And even then, I never found it as amazing as most people do.

The gunplay is great, and the A.I. give an impression of being unusually smart (though to be honest, this is the part where age added a lot to it: it only looks really amazingly smart in comparison to modern shooters. For people who grew up with Unreal, Half-life, AVP and tons of arena shooters, it really was just slightly above average): but everything else is REALLY AWFUL.

Three weapon limit, some of the WORST level design and environmental variety I've seen in a shooter of it's era, awful story with some truly mindboggingly awful side characters, horrible enemy variety (plus everything that wasn't a soldier was just flat-out SHIT enemy design), murky and dull art direction, boring and predictable horror scenes, tons of bad filler, lack of more interesting weapons, laughable lack of difficulty, weak music, and everything being just so drawned out, dull, grey, and silly.

Compared to HL2 that came out just a year ago, the game was really dull. It was fun during the actual gun fights, but those lasted for a few seconds and quickly started repeating themselves, and everything in-between those brief joyous (if incredibly challenge-lacking) fire-fights was shit.
>>
>>389630440
Crysis is not open world. FEAR level design is not very good, and I'm not just talking about how bland it looks. There's not much routes for AI to flank you, which is a shame because they can do that when there are routes.

Crysis also has better AI than FEAR, so here's that.
>>
>>389630405
>Bioshock
Pretentious boring as fuck lineal, story shooter with trash gunplay

> STALKER
Broken piece of shit that can barely run without mods and repetitive as fuck quests, funny you compare low budget trash to a technically flawless masterpiece like FEAR.
>>
>>389630440
>Cryis
>open world
Take your meds man
>>389630486
I feel the same, I played it as a kid when it came out and I found it to be meh
It was real drag and lifeless
>>
>>389627185
I've never played FEAR and I lost my short term memory so I can't remember the year.
>>
>>389629858
It's really not and the only one who is pleb here is you: FEAR's level design was literally CoD level.

It's fucking pathetic that you call other people pleb for liking one of the games that took the first big steps towards casualization and CoDification of the genre. Sure, FEAR did it in somewhat more interesting fashion, but it was a major step-back compared to shooters that came before it in terms of level design, pacing, enemy and weapon variety, and narrative.
>>
File: The Fragile.jpg (327KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
The Fragile.jpg
327KB, 600x528px
>>389630195
yeah man i loved FEAR too but

>STALKER
>Receiver
>>
Was there ADS in this game? I forgot, but I don't think so
>>
>>389630313
I will give you Serious Sam, Crysis was pretty weak and was not really fun as soon as I start fighting aliens.

>>389630405
>Bioshock

I liked SS2 better but at least it's more creative.

>STALKER

this is probably the only /v/-core I haven't played yet, I couldn't get into it right now so I can't comment on that right now.

>>389630440
not all FPS games has to be like FEAR brah.
>>
>>389630621
No it wasn't but alright
>>
>>389630556
You are shitting of Stalker and you call others plebs?
Yeah. I think we are done here. There is nothing more needed to be added.
>>
>>389630556
I actually agree with FEARfag here, funnily enough. Didn't like Bioshock or STALKER, would rather play FEAR. Still don't think FEAR is a flawless masterpiece.

>>389630683
Crysis is great but it kind of falls apart when aliens get introduced. Far Cry is a work of genius all the way through, though.
>>
>>389630621
>one of the games that took the first big steps towards casualization and CoDification of the genre

yeah nah, you are barking up on the wrong tree.

>but it was a major step-back compared to shooters that came before it in terms of level design, pacing, enemy and weapon variety, and narrative.

I will give you pacing, enemy and weapon variety but I think that can be excused due to the setting, you can't always have games like painkiller where all the guns are unique as fuck.

I don't think calling everything that does the "locks you in a room and you can't escape until you kill everything" thing CoD is fair, plenty of games has done that.
>>
>>389630548
>Crysis is not open world.
Yet has the shitty same type of combat design you would find in your average Far cry game, just use "epic" stealth and armor gimmicks for baby mode, boring as fuck sandbox enemy placement shooter with zero verticality, literally a tech demo.

>There's not much routes for AI to flank you
>which is a shame because they can do that when there are routes.
How do you know then if there isn't much routes? There is always enough variety in combat to keep it fresh, almost nearly every enemy in FEAR was placed where they are for a reason and levels are designed so enemy takes advatage of them and make encounters interesting, there is no wasted space in FEAR levels as well as having great pacing

>Crysis also has better AI than FEAR, so here's that
Half Life 2 has better AI the FEAR yet level design and scripted enemies make combat far more interesting than either Half Life 2 or shitsys.
>>
>>389631006
4chan ate my picture

>yeah nah, you are barking up on the wrong tree.

pic related
>>
>>389630836
>Still don't think FEAR is a flawless masterpiece.
Techincally? It is, go learn more than basic concepts about how games are made someday. FEAR makes most AA games out there look like petty tech demos
>>
>>389631009
Original Crysis doesn't really have armour mode like the sequels do. I don't think you've played it...
>no verticality
That's just a lie.
>How do you know then if there isn't much routes?
English isn't your first language? "There isn't much" doesn't mean "there is none". It means these routes are there, but they're relatively rare.

>>389631028
Halo CE is unironically better than FEAR (while suffering from exactly same problems, namely low enemy variety and extremely bland and repetitive visuals), and I never owned an Xbox console.
>>
>>389630697
stalker is nothing more than your average hipster trash, tech is garbage, quests are boring as fuck, history is mediocre, FEAR may be a simple shooter, but damn it excels at being that.
>>
>>389629310
The game runs TOO FAST on your modern overkill PC. Enable V-sync, or manually limit the framerate to your screen's max speed with RivaTuner.
>>
It's a shame they totally fucked the series after F.E.A.R 2.
>>
>>389631158
>Original Crysis doesn't really have armour mode like the sequels do
So you have not even played it?
Maximum Armor is literally THE default mode of the suit.

>>389631162
>stalker is nothing more than your average hipster trash,
trying too hard.
>>
>>389627185
Every time I'm playing that game the enemies glitch the fuck out when they die. Also sometimes while walking the mc starts vibrating on the floor until I jump.
It's a great game but it's glitchy as shit.
>>
>>389629237
Yeah, fuck that guy for not blindly adopting popular opinions.
>>
>>389631158
>Original Crysis doesn't really have armour mode like the sequels do. I don't think you've played it...
They made it even more gayer in the sequels? Holy fuck, what a casual fest, no wonder no one remembers crisys series for anything but being a nice graphics demo.

> It means these routes are there, but they're relatively rare.
Yeah, no, go replay it.
>>
>>389629836
Time is a cunt
>>
>>389631158
>Halo CE is unironically better than FEAR

I was valuing your input until this post, good job.

it's pretty fucking ironic when you bash FEAR for being
>one of the games that took the first big steps towards casualization and CoDification of the genre
>a major step-back compared to shooters that came before it in terms of level design, pacing, enemy and weapon variety, and narrative

when Halo perpetuates the same bullshit and is worse than FEAR on all fronts.

Also you don't have to own an Xbox when the PC port also exists.
>>
>>389631241
>trying too hard.
Better than not trying at all and not replying to any of my points, keep being an epic contrarian.
>>
>>389631241
It's not a gimmick mod. It just adds energy bar to HP bar. Basically making your HP bar longer, the opposite of gimmick.

>>389631312
I've replayed it a year ago and I really don't want to do it again.

>>389631330
I'm a completely different poster. I didn't bash FEAR, it's an okay game. I enjoyed it.
>Also you don't have to own an Xbox when the PC port also exists.
I know, that's how I played it without owning an Xbox, smartass. I've jsut mentioned it to avoid accusations of being an Xbox fanboy. I don't care about the box (or PS), but I still enjoyed Halo.
>>
>>389631296
FEAR is hardly that popular, its a game only people with fine taste can appreciate.
>>
>>389631006
>I don't think calling everything that does the "locks you in a room and you can't escape until you kill everything"
Except that is not the thing.
I was talking more about "everything that locks you in a completely dull and completely linear corridor where you have a single direction to walk until you reach an ambush of one type of enemy while you gun them down with really unremarkable weapons, then rinse, and repeat. No change of beat or rythm, SHITTON of down-time, incredibly silly narrative coming up with god-awful excuses to keep you walking forward, occasional absolute gimmick just to prevent you completely from snoring.
Which really is the CoD way, save for the fact that CoD tends to give you pretty skyboxes, and FEAR has fun gunplay. Which admited, the "fun gameplay" does count for a lot. But structurally the games are very similar and both equally unengaging.

>>389631330
NOT the same person, there is more of us who don't value FEAR all that much. Let me get this straight: even considering the above: I'D FUCKING NEVER claim that FEAR is worse than Halo CE. I'm critical, not insane.

I feel like there are four different people in this thread: One insane retard calling STALKER "hipster trash", another retard claiming that FEAR is worse than Halo CE: and then the two mildly sane of us. At least that is the impression I'm getting here.
>>
>>389630556
>STALKER
>barely runs

What the fuck are you smoking? If you run it fully patched, it works just fine. Better so than FEAR, since I don't have to disable all my Logitech drivers just to run it.
>>
>>389631421
it's popular enough to having gotten on the top-100 PC games list last month.
>>
>>389631421
>FEAR is hardly that popular, its a game only people with fine taste can appreciate.
Are you fucking kidding me? It's a lot more popular than Half life 2 here, for an example. It's arguably the most celebrated shooter on this board. It's a fucking cult.
>>
>all these boring autismal fags blubbering about "m-muh stalkur" because of unfunny /v/eddit memes

go cheeki breeki somewhere else spergs, stalker was an extremely mediocre shooter with awful ballistics and horrific AI, not to mention constant crashing and a total lack of polish
>>
>>389631158
>Halo CE is unironically better than FEAR
I rather have good gunplay and good level and combat design then generic spuss marine shoots evil aliens in boring lineal, console designed shooter, maybe when you grow up you will do as well.
>>
>>389631436
How is FEAR not worse than Halo CE? Halo CE is more challenging, has better AI, better weapon designs, more enemy variety, arguably better music. The levels are ugly and repetitive, but FEAR suffers from the exact same problem.

Also CE shotgun is better.

>>389631608
Halo CE is not linear, it's actually remarkably similar in level design to original Crysis and Far Cry, which, by your definition, makes Halo "open world".
>>
>>389631509
What should be instead? Serious Shit 3, lmao.

>Are you fucking kidding me? It's a lot more popular than Half life 2 here
Keyword being "here" /v/ knows his shit when talking about shooters. FEAR may not have great map variety or a "complex" history, but the gunplay is perfection and combat is very well designed, which is what someone with good taste wants in a shooter
>>
>>389631665
>Halo CE is not linear
Maybe outdoor sections, which are just mediocre as well, anything else it's your literal, babies first corridor shooter so xbox dudebros don't end up getting lost.
>>
Jesus Christ, you guys and your arbitrary discussions on whether old games are good or not.

It doesn't matter. It doesn't influence anything. There's nothing to gain from this discussion, except a bad mood.
>>
File: 1403203063109.gif (1MB, 300x198px) Image search: [Google]
1403203063109.gif
1MB, 300x198px
>>389631407
why are you bringing consoles into an FPS conversation in the first place though.

>>389631436
I see where you are coming from on the first paragraph. I may be biased or it might be me coming from a lack of experience with CoD games in general but I think FEAR presented the realistic shooter in a way that I find pleasing. The supernatural element and technological dependent-weaponry, while weak, was believable enough to be in a realistic setting.

Again, I am probably biased because I have a huge boner for urban fantasy where you deploy special trained squads against super natural occurrences.

>>389631665
>Also CE shotgun is better

I will give you everything else above even though you are completely fucking wrong but this is just over the line.
>>
>>389631917
>except a bad mood

I don't think I have been in a constant good mood since 10+ years ago, so yeah.

also everything is arbitrary, nothing really matters unless you want it to.

inb4
>tips trilby in your direction
>>
>>389631917
Where do you think we are?
>>
>>389631881
Which are like half of the game. The indoors sections are not more linear than FEAR ones. Silent Cartographer in particular is some really good level design, a small island which you get to explore from the outside and from inside.

>>389631924
Halo CE shotgun is just stupidly powerful, which is probably why they nerfed it so much in the later installments. It kills enemies resistant to kinetic damage in a couple of shots. It's decent at mid range, too. Each pellet does some hilarious amount of damage.

The assault rifle is kind of crap, though.
>>
Extraction Point > Perseus Mandate > F.E.A.R.
>>
Why did they gimp the shotgun so horribly in FEAR 2?
>>
>>389632186
I guess they wanted the semi-auto to shine? It was dumb, yeah, and I like FEAR 2 but that shotgun was bad.

Flamethrower is even worse though, probably the least useful gun I've used in an FPS.
>>
>>389631665
>How is FEAR not worse than Halo CE?
By having fun gunplay, not looking like fucking trash, not dragging out nearly as much, having fun enemies. Fear is a lot of fluff and occasionally really fun shooting. CE is a lot of fluff and a lot of really, really incredibly boring shooting. Fears art direction is murky and dull, CE's art direction is insulting in it's hideous childishness. CE is one of the most boring games I've ever played in my life.

>>389631924
>in general but I think FEAR presented the realistic shooter in a way that I find pleasing.
I would have nothing against it if the game at least had more interesting presentation. My problem is just how dull it is most of the time.
By the way, if you want to see realistic shooting done really well, I'd say Vietcong is the absolute best answer. It did what then CoD did (hell, one of the CoD games ripped off entire segments of Vietcong) but it did it really well, without being as patronizing to the player.

Bottom line: I don't think Fear is bad, by any measure. As I said, I was disappointed with it around the release, because it had a lot of hype, but compared mainly to HL2 which came a mere year before it was such a grey dull fest, but as time went on I learned to appreciate it's focus and the fact that it did not compromise the most important aspect, the actual feeling of shooting.

I just think that it has a lot of issues, in fact that it has more issues than things it does right. It just also happens to do the two things right SO well that it makes it worth playing for them alone.
>>
>>389632292
>CE's art direction is insulting in it's hideous childishness. CE is one of the most boring games I've ever played in my life.
Well, someone's got a chip on his shoulder.
>>
>>389631775
>What should be instead?
What the hell does that mean? FEAR is one of the few GOTYAY titles, it fucking SHOULD be on any PC gamer's list and library.

>Serious Shit 3
Oh no, you did NOT just dislike the best FPS game of the decade, and the TRUE Doom4 game.
>>
>>389631598
The problem with FEAR is that it sought so hard to be a corridor shooter that it became uninteresting. The AI becomes entirely predictable after a few plays from being so scripted. They always do the exact same stupid "shooting dances", and they duck behind the exact same cover in the exact same way. The only time they ever do anything special like flanking or kicking tables is in extremely special scripted circumstances. And then you have the weapons, which don't really feel any different since there is no depth to them. The weapons do not have variable staggering, no bullet penetration, no bullet gravity, no bullet variety, range is a non-factor, accuracy is a non-factor. FEAR is just too simplistic to be fun, it feels like I'm playing a shooting gallery at an arcade.
>>
>>389632086
>The indoors sections are not more linear than FEAR ones.
Not only are far more linear and with less ambush points, but also enemy placement far less worked than in FEAR, combat in HALO single players was always more than a chore than anything, people remembers the first game for the universe and setting and the sequels for multiplayer. FEAR excels at combat because the encounters are designed carefully around the levels.
https://youtu.be/p_3LQhncl2c
Level design IS everything.
>>
>>389632292
Fair point, FEAR was a very overhyped game on /v/ (I wouldn't know about the hype before its release, I don't think my English was functional enough to read at that point) so I can understand why you may lash out (for the lack of a better word) at people who valiantly defends FEAR from all possible flaws.

>>389632360
he's not alone, I came to Halo during a time when I was trying to clear my backlog of "classic FPS" and I remember Halo as nothing but slow, clunky and unsatisfying gunplay, I hated it, it got worse as soon as I was launched into the outdoors.
>>
File: 1504791226246.jpg (318KB, 839x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1504791226246.jpg
318KB, 839x1023px
>>389627185
tfw waiting until the comfy halloween night to play this game
>>
>>389632292
Both games look decent for their time. Halo enemies are more fun because they're far more aggressive and less predictable. The Elites are more fun than any FEAR enemy except maybe for ninjas, but ninjas are kind of gimmicky. Still loved fighting them.
>CE is one of the most boring games I've ever played in my life.
I'm not going to do the asshole thing and say WELL SHOULD'VE PLAYED ON LEGENDARY, instead I'll do the mature thing and assume you did try the harder difficulties when the lower ones didn't satisfy you. And well, I dunno, I've replayed FEAR without slow-mo and it wasn't very challening and was kind of boring. Legendary Halo kicked my ass until I learned to use plasma weapons vs. shields, cheese Elites with needler, use plasma overload, stick plasma grenades, go for headshots. By the end, I was killing Elites left and right, it was really satisfying. Maybe it doesn't hold on replays though, I really should play it again.

>>389632489
>people remembers the first game for the universe and setting
Well it's nice that you can talk for all the people I guess, but personally I don't give a shit about Halo lore or MP. Or level design, for that matter.
>>
>>389632394
>What the hell does that mean? FEAR is one of the few GOTYAY titles, it fucking SHOULD be on any PC gamer's list and library.
It means exactly that, it should be in EVERY list out there, its great to play, even today.

>Oh no, you did NOT just dislike the best FPS game of the decade, and the TRUE Doom4 game.
Level design is trash, also brainless enemies without any real placement running into straight line to you isn't my idea of fun, neither of those things were Doom at all, doom is all about practical, yet complex level design and well planned enemy placement.
>>
>>389632562
>he's not alone, I came to Halo during a time when I was trying to clear my backlog of "classic FPS" and I remember Halo as nothing but slow, clunky and unsatisfying gunplay, I hated it, it got worse as soon as I was launched into the outdoors.

This, FEAR is just a much better game to replay and has aged better in every single way. The details in indoor sections and lighting are even better than in a lot of modern shooters out there.
>>
>>389632726
>Level design is trash, also brainless enemies without any real placement running into straight line to you isn't my idea of fun,
you clearly haven't played the game then.
SS3 does Doom way better than nuDOOM ever will. Not to mention it's a total blast in co-op too.
>>
File: shotty.webm (3MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
shotty.webm
3MB, 500x282px
Heads poppin, bodies droppin.
>>
File: 1497508094622.gif (673KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497508094622.gif
673KB, 400x400px
>>389632603
>tfw i'm not the only one who does this
Been replaying FEAR that time of the year since 2014, now i will be playing the expansions for the first time when october hits.
>>
File: FEAR_3_party_bodies.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_3_party_bodies.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>389632954
>>
File: FEAR_Exorcism_needed.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_Exorcism_needed.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>
>>389632876
I love SS3 but the level and encounter design in it are trash and a big step backwards compared to TFE/TSE.
>>
>>389627185
>2005
>PC can barely handle the game
>>
File: FEAR_ladder.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_ladder.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>389633116
They really aren't. Going back to TFE / TSE is quite jarring after BFE, as they seriously expanded the gameplay, adding more depth to it in 3.
>>
File: FEAR_party_armacham_soldier.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_party_armacham_soldier.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: Doom2016_leveldesign1.jpg (449KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Doom2016_leveldesign1.jpg
449KB, 1920x1080px
>>389632876
>you clearly haven't played the game then.
SS3 does Doom way better than nuDOOM ever will
Yeah whatever, show me a map that is as well designed as pic from Doom 2016 then. SS is always been low budget, parody shit, 7/10 games, only a pleb would put them as the same level as something like Quake or Doom, new game included.
>>
File: FEAR_party_ninja.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_party_ninja.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>
>>389627185
I played it this year for the first time and it was great.
>>
File: F.E.A.R-PC-Version.jpg (36KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
F.E.A.R-PC-Version.jpg
36KB, 460x276px
>>389627185
if you havent played ALL the singleplayer mods then shut the fuck up with your whinging

also learn to mod and make new FEAR episodes ya plebian

also SINGULARITY was very good and overlooked
>>
File: Doom vs nuDuum maps.png (736KB, 1604x640px) Image search: [Google]
Doom vs nuDuum maps.png
736KB, 1604x640px
>>389633250
>nuDOOM
>well designed maps
Jesus fuck, you Bethesda kids are seriously THAT easy to brainwash?

>putting Call Of Halo 4 on the same league as Quake and OG Dooms
just kys and leave this universe, kid.

SS3 may be all about cuhrazee enemy waves, but it captures the original style and pace of DooM way better than the console-trash 2016
>>
File: FEAR_shotgun_gibs.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_shotgun_gibs.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>389633201
Going back to TFE/TSE is jarring because guns look and sound kind of shitty in those games compared to BFE. However the encounters in BFE are terrible. There's not enough arenas where you are surrounded, you almost always have enemies spawn in front of you. It's boring as hell, in TSE you always have to be mindful of what's behind, what's on the side, the game will spawn a wave of kleers in front of you and some biomechs behind and you have to dance. BFE is just way too easy and simple. The last level is a corridor where all your enemies are in front of you, (except for the arachnid battle). Compare to Grand Cathedral.

I still love it, it's a great comfort shooter. But it lost its edge.
>>
File: FEAR_Slipknot_fan.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_Slipknot_fan.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>
File: FEAR_spooky_impaled_party_body.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_spooky_impaled_party_body.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: map_1680.jpg (297KB, 1220x1157px) Image search: [Google]
map_1680.jpg
297KB, 1220x1157px
>>389633387
>Ask about good level design in Serious Shit games
>Post maps from literal classic Doom instead
Way to show confidence in your repetitive generic 10000 brainless monster wave shooter, retard. Muh serios sam has literally no level design and shitty gunplay. Doom 2016 rapes it EASILY at both those things.
>>
File: FEAR_spooky_scary_vent_ghost.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_spooky_scary_vent_ghost.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: FEAR_we_lost_a_man.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_we_lost_a_man.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 57447.png (64KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
57447.png
64KB, 249x249px
>>389627806
>start school after almost full decade of NEETing
>buy alien isolation from that one humble bundle
>almost 3 weeks have passed, still haven't finished Alien Isolation in these three weeks
>would had beaten the game in days if I was still NEET

Is this how normies play vidya? At least I'm still not "burned out" with the game because I have stretched the game for about month now.
>>
File: FEAR_window_dive_zap_bye.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_window_dive_zap_bye.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>389633418
>There's not enough arenas where you are surrounded, you almost always have enemies spawn in front of you
Wrong. There's numerous arenas where you have to either hold your ground OR do some mission objectives while shit spawns all around you.

>boring as hell
Stop playing on easy mode.
>>
File: time to go tbh fam.png (12KB, 246x200px) Image search: [Google]
time to go tbh fam.png
12KB, 246x200px
>>389629461
>Deus Ex will be 20 years old in 3 years
>>
>>389633770
>There's numerous arenas where you have to either hold your ground OR do some mission objectives while shit spawns all around you.
There are some (both spaceship battles), but not nearly enough.
>Stop playing on easy mode.
Way to be an asshole, man. I only play on Serious and never quicksave.
>>
>>389633784
>closer to 30 than 18
>>
>>389627881
Halo 3?
>>
>>389631608
>>389631775
>>389631881
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7UQovgY3Cs
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.