[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everything is going to be ok. Guess what: it was not https

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Prey_screen_shot.jpg (315KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Prey_screen_shot.jpg
315KB, 1920x1080px
Everything is going to be ok.
Guess what: it was not
https://youtu.be/axWuASJiJTs
>>
File: 1501446875543.jpg (49KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
1501446875543.jpg
49KB, 500x403px
>>389626018
Man this game was surprisingly good. 45 hours so far on it, with a playthrough without powers only using a bench, another one with full human neuromods and the other with full psi.
I guess i´ll continue with the psi now and get all the human ones to create a fucking god.
>Mfw they told me everyone will die in despite of the fact that i already rescued them but didn´t remember my mission.
>>
Good game but ultimately forgettable. Didn't really take it's narrative anywhere. Expected them to elaborate more on the aftermath of the incident since the piss clouds infesting Earth was a vision early in the game.

Really the only thing that still interests me about the plot is the fact that the Typhon seemed to be "talking" to the protagonist and trying to reveal their true nature. Hinting heavily at it and then dropping it as a plot twist at the end wasn't good enough.

Hope they do more in the sequel or whatever they plan on doing, but I get the feeling if they did more they'd get overly preachy and it would fly off the rails out of control.
>>
>>389626190
I had the same feels like playing Bioshock when it cames out 10 years ago, neromods were a bit underused but it was still fun to be able to costumize your gameplay.
>>
>>389626349
>Didn't really take it's narrative anywhere
True, only set a background for almost every crew member in the Talos. Was always pointing out your decisions, via December or other NPCs (Dhal for instance) with non binary choices mostly.
>Earth was a vision early in the game.
That vision clearly happens when you are way ahead into the game, probably scaning the coral, which is like 75% of it.
>Typhon seemed to be "talking"
Humans are talking to you all the time wtf. Typhon only talk to you like 2 times in the entire game, more if you go full psicho.
>>
>>389627710
>True, only set a background for almost every crew member in the Talos. Was always pointing out your decisions, via December or other NPCs (Dhal for instance) with non binary choices mostly.
Aye, and I don't hate that but I feel the game suffered for it. Maybe I'm just too used to Space Station 13 redsuit shenanigans or something, and I'm desensitized to throwing someone in an airlock and watching them die. Bad/Good moral choices bore me to death. I would have rather they spent the money and time that took to make a journey through the mind of an alien trying to figure out how to be a human. It would have made Morgan's erratic behavior throughout the whole thing that much more of a personal issue for the player.
>That vision clearly happens when you are way ahead into the game, probably scaning the coral, which is like 75% of it.
Are you sure? I could have sworn it happened in a flash fairly early on. It's been a while since I've played I'll admit.
>Humans are talking to you all the time wtf. Typhon only talk to you like 2 times in the entire game, more if you go full psicho.
What I'm saying is that it was the only interesting plot point in the whole thing, knowing the end and the twist. Everything else that happens in the game is rendered meaningless other than those brief moments where the Typhon communicate with you and try to tell you what's actually happening, and what you really are.

Therein lies the problem with the NPCs: The plot twist at the end makes their fate pointless. I don't care whether these weird robots made in the personality image of people judge me for what I did to an imaginary version of them.
>>
Spoiling the game before even the halfway mark really ruined this game for me. It was so dumb that I thought it had to be a red herring. I'm talking about the escape ending.
>>
>>389629109
It's foreshadowing, not complete spoilers, you can't really tell what exactly is happening there until you see the actual ending.
>>
>>389629278
No, it's very obvious what's going on. It's a simulation, one they've been running a lot and considering the way moral choices are presented to you it's obvious they are testing your morality. Then you ask yourself well why would they test the morality of a human? And then boom you know the deal. They are testing a Typhon for morality. The only things you don't know by then are the status of Earth and the outcome of the station situation.

Really shit on an otherwise greatly unraveling narrative and a great game. I have no idea how it got through.

Any word on a sequel?
>>
The escape ending was stupid, but it's a 8/10 game otherwise.

Really want to see the situation on Earth. I imagine the last choice of a sequel would be whether or not you destroy the Typhon, meld evolutions with the Tyhon or let the Typhon have Earth and let humanity die off.
>>
The biggest mistake you could make in this game is not having bigger pockets. Going from the first upgrade tier to the second tier for that branch was the best decision I've made.
>>
>>389629109
>Spoiling the game before even the halfway mark really ruined this game for me.
Yeah, that was just poorly handled. They could have tone it just more elegantly without actually changing the story: give you a little cutscene of the escape, start rolling the credits, give you the "it's not the one, start again" half-way through the credits, something like that. Just cutting the game down as soon as you activate the pod is way too obvious, and feels like it just totally punished the player for being inventive and finding his own path out of the damn thing. Sure, it's an asshole thing to do, but it's also legitimate use of the tools the game provided you with: you should never feel like this game is punishing you for being extra creative with it's options.

It's a fantastic game, really damn good, but few things about it were pretty poorly handled, and this was one of the worst.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.