[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game came out 8 fucking years ago and still no other game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Red_Faction_Guerrilla_Cover.jpg (30KB, 378x456px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Faction_Guerrilla_Cover.jpg
30KB, 378x456px
This game came out 8 fucking years ago and still no other game has come close to even coming close to the destruction physics of this game. Even the sequel wasn't as good at capturing the destructive potential this game offered.
When will we see a worthy successor?
>>
>>389624975
we wont because you dont make money making games like this

all gameplay features now revolve around making money, and you cant monetize destruction mechanics
>>
File: I'm looking for Sarah Connor.webm (3MB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
I'm looking for Sarah Connor.webm
3MB, 600x336px
Crackdown 3 is supposed to offer something interesting, if that game ever exists
>>
>>389625046
Open world games like GTA V are still popular
Literally just make an open world game with destruction physics, everything about Guerilla is forgettable except for the destruction physics which make it awesome.
>>
>>389624975
damn i remember playing this back in 2010 or something the game itself was boring but dem physics just amazing
>>
>>389624975
They won't make another open world game with this because nowadays open worlds are expected to be as tightly packed as a real city which would be incredibly hard to build with a destruction engine like this.
They already had to give their environment designers extra courses in architecture just so they could make building that stay upright because the physics simulation was so intense.
>>
how did they do it?
>>
>>389624975
this is one of the funniest third-person shooter multiplayers of all time.

i literally think about the multiplayer for this game, like, once a month, and this is one of those games that makes me think 'well fuck the way modern multiplayer games just sort of die."

a generation ago, i would think the same thing about conker: live and reloaded
>>
File: 1503411820839.jpg (16KB, 258x360px) Image search: [Google]
1503411820839.jpg
16KB, 258x360px
>>389627603
>the multiplayer for this game
Easily the surprise of the generation. Was expecting something just tacked on for the sake of existing, but by God was it well thought out and outrageously fun.
>tfw blasting through buildings and people with the Rhino pack
>>
I want to see the OG Red Faction in this engine.
>>
>>389628283
>sledgehammering someone from behind a building
never got old

>queueing up with a friend and both of you coordinating sticky mines
>>
This game needed a GPU from the future to run smoothly.
>>
>>389629141
Are you serious?
It ran baby smooth even on the fucking Xbox 360. I remember blown away at how well optimized the physics was.
>>
>>389624975
>what is Half-life 2 map mods
>>
>>389628283
That shit was so damn fun
>anons don't see you jet pack over and behind their base......
https://youtu.be/OJWJE0x7T4Q
>>
I just started playing this, and in a half hour, I've had control of the character for about three minutes. Is this entire game going to be like this, with cutscenes and talking head segments and removing player control?
>>
>>389630820
As someone who loves the game, you can just skip all the story and it won't really matter
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.