[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SO basically there's absolutely no reason to use any weapon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 30

File: bloodborne.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.png
2MB, 1422x800px
SO basically there's absolutely no reason to use any weapon other than saw cleaver or saw spear in this game, right?
>stuck on a boss
>think to myself, ''this time I'll use a different weapon than my usual to beat him''
>use tornitus or whatever it's called since I never used that weapon
>about 10 tries in start running out of blood vials
>say fuck it and switch to saw spear
>beat the boss immediately
>different playthrough
>say to myself I'll play through the game with those knives from the Crow because they are insanely fun to use
>no matter what you do with them their damage is ridiculously low
>they are very fast so I try applying poison and such to them
>no matter how relentlessly and fast I attack the poison never catches on
>end up switching to saw again
Kinda lame man.
>>
I never liked either of them I thought they were stupid and gay. I'm well aware that they're "good", I just hate them. Mostly use the cane or kirkhammer. I was disappointed by the daggers too, stupid crow bitch can suck my threaded cock.
>>
>>389624447
did you even fortify the other weapons?
did you spec into skill for blades?
was the boss you were on for the tornitus rom or the ayylmao? if not why were you using bolt?
yes, you can use starting weapons through the whole game, its about what moveset/ playstyle you prefer
personally i think the saw spear and cleaver are shit because their moveset bores me
>>
The cleaver/spear are very good because the damage+stagger and beast meter buildup on the trick attack is godlike, but they're far from the only viable weapon. Maybe you're just switching to the weapons without upgrading them or using them without having good stats for them, but the tonnitrus that you have such a bad taste for has fucking donged bosses for me on an arcane playthrough, for example.
>>
>>389624675
Yes I did all those things and all the weapons are either too weak or too slow compared to the saw. The saw is just perfectly balanced. Other than the saw I also really liked Maria's sword. The pain of getting it was totally worth it. And the boss was Amelia.
>>389624679
I never did the arcane anything in this game. I'm kinda put off by the fact that you have what maybe 2-3 uses of each spell. I know some weapons are good with it, but meh. Maybe on my next playthrough. Also never tried bloodtinge. As far as I know, you need to get very deep into the game before you get a weapon that uses it.
>>
>>389624447
No you just suck at making builds. Also sound like you have shit gems
>>
Favorite weapons the Hunter Axe. Those L2s
>>
>>389625515
>I'm kinda put off by the fact that you have what maybe 2-3 uses of each spell.
You're a certified retard. 20 mas Q. silver bullets, plus more from runes, plus 5 bullets off every 5 bullets used by blood bulleting. Don't whine about the game because you're trash at it.
>>
>>389624447
I like the hammer
>>
>>389624447
You're aware Tonitrus is borderline broken right?

I think there's 2 bosses in the entire game that Tonitrus doesn't shred through.
>>
>>389624447
Is your goal to complete the game as efficiently as possible or is your goal to have fun? Nobody is going to debate you on the saw weapons, combined with Beast Blood Pellets they are the dominant strategy for the game. Different weapons and builds in Bloodborne are effectively your difficulty slider. Do you play Uncharted on 'Easy' because it's the most efficient? No, you play it on normal or hard because it's the best experience
>>
>>389625893
If you stack the buff with a few gems it's even more devastating
>>
The kirk hammer is more all purpose.

Boring fast sword is good for everything.
Hammer is great for handling huge crowds (the rolling attack R1 comes out really quick and has AOE).
>>
>>389624447
i found them shit, cane is the real op weapon
>>
>>389625675
Yea okay. I actually played the game though so, yea.
>>
>>389626376
I never said you didn't. I said you were a retard if you couldn't figure out how to get more casts out of spells items.
>>
>How to win
>1. Get hunter axe
>2. hold R2
>3. did it work? If not hit L2 over and over
>4. did it work? If not, upgrade and repeat steps 2-4 until profit
>>
>>389624447
blade of mercy only started getting good for me really late game after a shit ton of Endurance to do the long R1 spam combo. once you get enough End to get to the repeating stabs that speed up you can do some crazy damage. hard to get off cause its so long but fun when you can
>>
File: kos_or_some_say_kosm.jpg (42KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
kos_or_some_say_kosm.jpg
42KB, 800x450px
AH, KOS OR SOME SAY KOSM
>>
>>389625515
Arcane is god-tier. Slap an element gem on a weapon you like, and you're good to go. You can switch it up depending on boss. Tonitrus on an arcane build wrecks ayys. You think saw cleaver's good now, wait till you put some fire gems on that bitch with an arcane build. Just shreds through beasts. Hunter Tools are just a bonus. Very fun and not as hard of a build as you think.
>>
>>389626457
Whatever you say buddy.
>get some shitty healing spell
>''hey maybe this will be useful in co-op''
>literally 3 uses WITH blood bulleting
Waste of bullets, I'd rather use them for parrying.
>>
>>389626814
What is blood bullets? Some of the spells do suck, but I've never had a problem running out of bullets using them. Just need to manage your resource, and in a pinch, you can always get blood bullets.
>>
>>389626814
You picked literally one of the worst spells to complain about. You genuinely are retarded. Just stop playing video games
>>
No build variety made this game a lot less interesting
>>
>>389626814
>Waste of bullets, I'd rather use them for parrying.
There's a spell that parries for 1 bullet. You aren't making it easy to resist calling you stupid.
>>
>>389627182
If anything there's more build variety because every weapon is viable
>>
>>389624447
>>389624447
>>389624447
They are to BB what straightswords are too DS3. Any form of RPG really, the most OP strategy is always boring and take the cool but underpowered weapons is more fun unless they absolutely suck like whips or the tonitrus.
>>
>>389627208
I'm gonna use a spell to parry when I can just use the gun? Okay.
>>389627109
>OMG ur stupid that's not at all like that
>t-that doesn't count
I knew this board was a retard central, but I get surprised every day.
>>
>>389627635
Kill yourself my man. I seriously wish people as dumb as you were euthanized.
>>
File: whirlgig_saw.jpg (13KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
whirlgig_saw.jpg
13KB, 250x251px
Post your weaponfu
>>
>>389628109
Threaded cane
>>
>>389627809
You shouldn't wish for that as they would come for you as well.
>>
>>389628109
Rakuyo all day, baby.
>>
>>389624447
You don't always have to use the statistically best equipment, makes life easier but wheres the fun in that, you obviously used them the most and are used to he moveset so you do better with them, but you can do just as well with any other weapon. The balance is pretty decent in PVE across weapons (stake driver a shit though)
>>
>>389628364
using a list of any IP that visits this website would be one of the best methods, this of course includes myself I'm a fucking moron
>>
I used the hunter axe all the way until Shadows of Yharnam, I tried saw spear and kirkhammer just a little, but went back to axe. I switched to Ludwig's blade and shredder through the game until the Orphan, and that made me go for the whirligig saw. The oreo is definitely the best weapon imo
>>
>>389628312
This. Most versatile weapon in the game and gets very good damage. Tricked mode has deceptively long range, and I absolutely love all of the angles you can hit from. That backstep + R2 is god tier.
>>
Tonitrus with 40+ arcane is really fucking good.
>>
>>389628312
>>389628693
>>389626227
Is this some kind of meme? I always thought that the cane was shit, I only ever had it as my secondary and not even as that for long as I changed it to kirkhammer
>>
>>389628693
The cane is a goddamn sleeper powerhouse. Once you hit 40 skill and get some decent gems on it the thing just fucking eats bosses and shits damage. Maining it as soon as you start the game is basically hardmode because of the lackluster base damage, tho.
>>
>>389628598
So one playthrough and you think you acquired enough knowledge to judge which is the best weapon?
>>
>>389628786
nope, it is the best weapon in the game, scales really well with skill = more parry damage uses little to no stamina whip form has awesome range plus more damage vs beasts
>>
>>389625609
I've beat most of the bosses in bloodborne by only using the tricked axes L2.
Knocking bosses on their asses is fun.
>>
>>389627065
Press up on the d-pad and it will sacrifice some of your health to make 5 extra "blood bullets" that get used instead of regular bullets until they run out. There are some runes that play off this mechanic, and it's the main way people use early bloodtinge builds.
>>
File: bloodletter.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
bloodletter.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
I never has as much fun with any other weapon as I do with this bad boy. Transformed moveset is so sexy.
>>
>>389624447
Blood tinge build with chikage melts any boss in the game
>>
>>389628957
Best weapon for me I'd say, everyone uses the weapon they like the best
>>389629010
Damn, I never knew, and probably neither did most of the people who played the game. The cane is pretty bad in the early game, so I imagine a lot of people including myself just disregard it as useless
>>
>>389626483
R1 into L1-R1-L2 all day. It's the best combo if you can't always spam the R1 combo.
>>
>>389625515
augur of ebreitas is the most broken thing in the base game that i encountered and it only costs 1 QS bullet.

>can be used to stagger enemies for visceral attacks
>knocks most enemies down if you dont get the parry
>does really good damage
>can be used while two handing a weapon.
>can be used to stagger logarius even if he powers up
>or anything else that reflects bullets or doesnt get staggered by them
>makes gehrman a cake walk

i have no idea why they made it so OP, but once you get it you can put all your guns in the storage box and use the sprayers and torches.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (188KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
188KB, 1920x1080px
>>389628109
>>
>>389628868
When I first played BB i started with sawclever, ate shit on the cleric beast and I thought to myself "damn this weapon sucks, restart", I got the cane, killed the cleric beast on my 3rd attempt and played the rest of the game + dlc with it

Cane is fucking god tier.
>>
>>389624447
>SO basically there's absolutely no reason to use any weapon other than saw cleaver or saw spear in this game, right?

To explore their capacities and appearances? Oh wait, two or three require zero finesse, let's just use those and ignore the rest.
>>
>>389624447
>Blades of Mercy
>Low damage
Nigger those things can drop Ludwig almost as quick as the pizza cutter can, and they're not even serrated. Cleaver (and by extension, Spear) is an excellent weapon with a very versatile set of moves, and what's happening is you've grown used to that weapon and its moves which is giving you difficulty adapting to other things. If you're ever running out of blood vials you're doing something wrong either way. Cleaver is EZ mode.
>>
>>389629421
They seemed to think that a shorter range, slower parry was so bad that it needed all that shit to justify anyone ever using it.
>>
>>389629421
from what I read on a wiki, it kinda used to be shitty, so they buffed it in a patch, and suddenly it went 0 to hero really fast.
>>
Cool, a BB weapon thread. So I''m doing a STR build with my focus on maining the Amydalan arm. Untricked mode just looked so savage, like a club from the stone age which you just beat the fuck out of enemies with until they stop existing. And tricked mode has that range. Any combo tips or any secret properties to the arm I should know?
>>
>>389629645
you hit thing reel gud

hit thing bad arm don't work as well
>>
>>389624447
Tonitrus and BoM are boring and shit though
>>
>>389629645
The club has a cool two-part focus attack, at least.

With the extended arm, power attacks do extra strikes after you swing. If you do a dully charged focus attack, it does an extra two attacks afterwards (which you can interrupt)
>>
>>389629748
>If you do a dully charged focus attack
*fully
>>
>>389629645
When tricked you should just alternate R1 and R2 in your combo since it's swing is way too wide to properly chain on anything fast
>>
File: Cuttah.jpg (304KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cuttah.jpg
304KB, 1920x1080px
>>389628109
>tfw everyone tries to use whip form exclusively because of the hunter who pushes their shit in with it when they first go into the nightmare and they write it off as a shit weapon without learning how devastating the untricked form can be

Gotta mention the claws too, they're just fun as fuck.
>>
It's a well known fact that the saw weapons are way better than anything else. Anyone that says otherwise is only outing themselves as a moron that played the game casually without putting in any effort.
>>
>>389624447
The Hunter's Axe is most commonly considered the most OP weapon in the game to the point where most players don't even want to use it because it's so game breaking. If you pick anything other than that as OP, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
Tonitrus fucking wrecks everything on my str/arc build
>>
>>389628786
The cane is pretty bad early on, but it actually doesn't take all that long to get it going. It's a tradeoff you just have to take, because ultimately, the TC can be both a short and long range melee weapon, and can also be a church weapon (untricked) or serrated weapon (tricked). It's like one of 2 weapons in the game that are both church and serrated. Combined with its gem slots, scalings, and movesets, it can tackle any situation the game throws at you.

It was my first weapon on my first build in BB and it carried me through the entire game. On my future playthroughs, it was hard trying NOT to use it because it's just that good and nothing else was as fun.
>>
>>389629907
Why is it's rally so fucking high ?
>>
>>389629863
yeah the beast cutter is the chad version of the faggy cane
>>
>>389629907
I mean the hunters axe has a fantastic moveset and high rally, but the serrated bonus beats that i think. Kill shit quicker etc.
>>
>>389629907
Memeblade is just as broken as Haxe, there's a reason it's the memeblade.
>>
Church pick a best.
>>
>>389624447
Maybe it's just you. I've beaten the game with: Wheel, cane, axe, hammer, the real fast double daggers that get more damage the more attacks in a combo that land.

I can't remember all the ones I use but they were all fine. Some may out damage others but it never felt like I was wasting my time with any weapon I wanted to use.

Are you sure your stats were fine?
>>
>>389629907
You're absolutely right, I posted this while pretending the Hunter's Axe doesn't exist. I never used it until recently for that very reason and it really is as OP as everyone said. I still don't use it unless I get really annoyed by a group of enemies.
>>
Piledriver 4 lyf
>Stunlocking the dragon made out of dried twigs
>Every time he tries to do his huge one hit kill blast nail him right in the face at the perfect moment and stagger him out of it.
I wish more games had piledrivers.
>>
>>389630146
What the fuck is a memeblade?
>>
File: Nyarlathotep milkweed.jpg (354KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Nyarlathotep milkweed.jpg
354KB, 1920x1080px
I always preferred the fist weapons myself.
>>
Arcane = easy mode
Pizza Cutter = Easier Mode though harder to use
>>
>>389630201
>I didn't use Haxe because it's too OP
>But I mained Cleaver and everyone I tried anything but Cleaver I kept dying so went back to Cleaver

Majestic
>>
>>389630296
Well yea, Axe is bullshit, I may suck, but I'm not a bitch.
>>
>>389630251
The sword you see 60% of invaders/summoners using.
>>
>>389630198
Forgot to mention my favorite weapons were the cane whip and double daggers. Wish Dark Souls whips were that good, fun, ad satisfying. Liked using them all but the pure str weapons could have used a bit more damage output. They were still viable, though.
>>
>>389630276
>Arcane
>Easy
Fuck you it takes so damn long to get proper gems.
>>
>>389630090
I agree but i'll stick with my fag cane. Beast Cutter is fucking cool and I need to git gud with it eventually, but holy shit it's whip mode is goddamn slow as fuck.
>>
>>389630348
just stop at 98, most Ludwig fags are 120/150
>>
>>389629421
>makes gehrman a cake walk
God I wish I'd known this going in, I did a str + a bit of arc slapdash blind build my first time through and ended up relying so heavily on anger of diabetes I think I might've ruined the experience of fighting him for the first time. It wrecks Maria even harder, not that she needs anything else to.

Blacksky thankfully makes a lot of bullshit chalice dungeon bosses a piestroll too.
>>
>>389630358
No it doesn't. You literally just rush it after the fist boss, which is insanely easy by going through the first level of the dungeon.
The fire gem carries you all the way until you can get other Arcane Scaling gems to the point where it's stronger than everything else.

Completely ignoring the fact that Hunter Tools (Magic) are DaS1 tier overpowered one shotting bosses type bullshit.
>>
>>389630353
DS3 has that one flame whip that's honestly excellent on a pyro build. R2s now have a beautiful wide-hitting arc with enormous range, and the weapon art is a sexy multi-hitting combo. Too bad that one whip is near endgame and the spiked whip/regular whip are decent at best.
>>
>>389629421
I like it because it lets me parry shit while using the dual daggers. Otherwise I just stick with the pistol. Before I knew about it though it was a pain trying to remember I need to L1 before I could pary shit which fucked me up a lot.
>>
>>389630358
You can get a fire gem from that area at the very bottom of the church workshop by killing the lone brainsucker there. Slap that on your saw spear/cleaver and you will shred beasts forever. Then grab Tonitrus after getting sacked and you're basically set for the rest of the game.

Literally one of the easiest and most OP builds i've done in BB.
>>
File: Kosm_having_such_a_good_time.jpg (43KB, 1136x680px) Image search: [Google]
Kosm_having_such_a_good_time.jpg
43KB, 1136x680px
do any of you lads create girl(male) hunters?
>>
File: 1456617765234.png (7KB, 252x192px) Image search: [Google]
1456617765234.png
7KB, 252x192px
>>389630329
If you're running out of vials and complaining about every weapon but the Cleaver being shit because they can't carry you, you might just in fact be a bitch.
>>
>>389629467
OK but you have to come out and say that the untricked mode is actually a toy
>>
>>389630549
Agreed, Witch's Locks is as good as whips get in the Souls series. Great for pvp too because most people don't know how to deal with the special attack, or even expect you to use a whip in the first place.
>>
>>389630612
I'm just saying. Shut up.
>>
>>389630607
There was an anon on the general who had a girl(male) hunter who was perfect. He never shared the slider though, that piece of shit. White hair, cute as all hell. Fuck I hate that anon for never sharing the sliders.
>>
>>389630572
>>389630480
I'm talking about actual ARC gems to make your weapon viable for pvp. Just to get easy as fuck flat arc gems I have to get to FRC Iyll and Isz or FRC lower loran if I want perfect %gems. It is a very long process to do this.
>>
>>389630358
>+3 Spear, rush BSB
>Do first chalice twice for fire gems
>Get fire gem from lower cathedral ward

You now have a +3 fire Spear that (through upgrading and scaling) can carry you for the rest of the game.
>>
>>389624447
The problem I've always had with these games is blowing all my resources one one or two weapons, so if I find something new, I can't know if it's 'as good' without risking a shitload of upgrade resources on something that I might not like. I mean, it's probably fine if you're one of those who likes going up into NG+7 or whatever, but yeah. uhhh kirkhammer is okay, I suppose.
>>
>>389630731
>PVP
You're an idiot.

Ignoring that though, it's not like most players farmed anything. As long as you had decent or better than average gems, it wasn't hard to shit on people with the best gems in the game with a little skill.
>>
>>389630689
I bet you haven't even completed the chalices fag. Stop talking like you know anything about the game apart from what you read online.
>>
>>389624447
Yeah, those two completely break the game. The other weapons are there for consecutive play throughs or "beginners traps" like the Drakesword or Deep Battleaxe.
>>
>>389629892
You can also say that it is too easy and gives you a false sense of security, so fuckem
>>
>>389630731
Autism spelunking for an Arc build is no more difficult than any other build, just much more tedious and time-consuming.
>>
>>389630809
I too thought that was kinda shitty. Without grinding there's no way you'll be able to upgrade new weapons enough to see if the are any god statwise, especially late game ones.
>>
>>389630821
I'm an idiot for liking pvp?
Fuck you anon and fuck your opinions too.
>>
>>389630809
I'd prefer if they just gave you ways to obtain all weapon upgrade items in their souls-like games without needing an update that adds it. I usually don't upgrade a weapon past a certain point until I know I want to main it on my first playthrough. Everything but the last ugrade item in these games is obtainable through some manner and even mid to high level upgrades should get you through just fine.
>>
>>389630921
No, you're an idiot for thinking we were talking about pvp.
>>
>>389630835
You're right, I didn't. They are incredibly boring. And I read nothing online.
>>
>>389630809
I feel you. Initially I wasn't sure if spending mats on upgrading early weapons was gonna be worth it if I came across a weapon I liked better. After sticking it out though, I ended up with enough mats to fully upgrade like 5 or 6 weapons by the end of my first game cycle.
>>
>>389630809
>>389630910
You can buy shards with the radiant badge fairly cheaply, once you get a weapon to +3 you'll have an idea of its scaling and can decide if you want to pursue with twins and further.
>>
I always start with axe and getLudwigs holy blade asap and then use that.
I do like the the saw cleaver in it's small form+fire paper for early bosses though.
>>
File: i'm not mad, just disappointed.jpg (135KB, 405x371px) Image search: [Google]
i'm not mad, just disappointed.jpg
135KB, 405x371px
>there are people RIGHT NOW in this very thread as we speak who pick weapons based off flat damage and what a wiki says is "best" instead of what looks stylish, feels good to swing, and makes your dick twitch whenever you land a charged R2
lowly fuckin' beasts
>>
>>389630864
What weapon in BB is a "beginners trap" like the Drakesword?
>>
>>389631059
The power of the cleaver is in the transformation attack spam. The horizontal and vertical moves are just flavor.
>>
>>389631001
PvE is super easy with any build though
>>
>>389630348
Just fucking tell me what the memeblade is.
>>
>>389631169
Ludwig's holy blade + quality build.
>>
>>389631213
Scales well with elemental too*
>>
File: 1456699889979.jpg (249KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1456699889979.jpg
249KB, 800x533px
>>389631093
>mfw someone actually tried to tell me to use Ludwig's Meme Blade instead of the Stake Driver because it's 'the best weapon'

I'm sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my first turning into Osama Bin Laden and suicide punching bitches to the moon
>>
>>389629907
I used it on my first playthrough and it made it an absolute cakewalk
>hold R2
>win
My second playthrough was so much more difficult cause i had to adapt to using the cane, which is much harder to use
>>
>>389624447
I played the entire game with the cane whip. The only time I changed was after I got those dual blades off the crow. Used them for a short while, then switched back.
>>
>>389631169
Ludwig's Holy Blade. It has a very versatile moveset, it scales off both Str and Skl, it has amazing Arc scaling, and it basically just does everything very well. A crutch through and through.
>>
File: 1504275776271.gif (178KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
1504275776271.gif
178KB, 160x160px
>>389631295
>used the steak conductor on my first playthrough and it was the bee's fucking knees
Never looked back.
>>
>>389624447
>There's basically absolutely no reason to use any weapon other than a straight sword in Dark Souls 3.
The only game where shit is balanced is DS2.
>>
I think bloodborne is the new vampire bloodlines reinstall meme game. Urge to do a BT play through, only one i haven't played. Chikage or ?
>>
>>389628109
RIP
AND
TEAR

I fucking hate how it perpetually has the Beast Blood Pellet sound effect when you have them out.
>>
>>389629421
does anyone else have problems getting a visceral on staggered enemies if they arent point blank with the auger?
>>
>>389631456
>tried to do Bloodtinge build
>took too long to get appropriate weapons so I just switched to Skill
I have no idea how people have the patience for BT or ARC builds, it takes so long to get anything good to use them for
>>
>>389631098
Rakuyo. Beginners can't even get that shit lmao, bc they're so busy getting wrecked buy chadsharks and posting about how unfair it is online.
>>
>>389631572
Shaman bone blades make that encounter a cake walk.
>>
>>389631456
Pure BLT, Chikage and Bloodletter. Some people like the Bowblade as well but I've never been able to get into it, but give it a go.

>>389631545
>Rush Amelia
>Rush Cainhurst
>+6 Cleaver
>Kill Logarius
>Grind slugmen

You now have a chikky.

>>389631572
Drakesword is a beginner's trap because it's massively overpowered and makes people ignore things like upgrades, scaling, etc. and teaches them bad habits about playing because they're OP when later they're not going to be OP, making their experience a lot tougher than it needs to be. Rakuyo is nothing like that. The fuck are you even talking about here?
>>
>>389631456
BT builds, unfortunately, have shit for weapon variety. Chikage only scales off BT when tricked iirc. Other than that, you have...uhh Bloodletter I think? And then there's the shooty melee weapons like rifle spear, but they only scale off BT when you...ya know, shoot. You basically need to pump another damage stat if you're doing BT, so it's gonna be like a "quality" build essentially.
>>
>>389624447
blades of mercy are beyond amazing to play around in solo.
It increases the difficulty and if you have the hunters bone turns the game even more into a ninja gaiden black kind off thing.
BoM are my favorite weapons in any souls game and i was a ultragreatsword two hander kinda guy in ever other souls.
Bloodbornes weapons are by faar my favorites.
>>
>>389631456
if you wanna do a pure bt build you gotta deal with logarius without much in the way of damage stats unless you go through 80% of the dlc for the bloodletter.

my last BT playthrough went like

kill amelia asap
get cainhurst summons
kill witch
bash my head against logarius for a bit until chikage
do the rest of the fucking game or so
blood letter yeah dawg
finish the game

you can also go strength for the first little bit, grab a reiterspallach and use it as a "parry morons then shoot a fucking cannon in their face" tool since cannon requires like 20 or so strength you arent really wasting those points if you want to use it.

theres also the gatling gun you can kill a hunter in the hunters nightmare for which is similar too. but really after you get the chikage, you have one of two right hand BT weapons so i really hope you have fun with it or cannon/gatling until about halfway through fishing hamlet when you get access to bloodletter. on the upside, the bloodletter is my favorite weapon in the game bar none its absolutely amazing
>>
>>389631429
I'll take BB or DS3 weapon balance over every weapon being equally bad
>>
>>389629394
this short combo+dash attack+huntersbone
is why i love BoM soo much you feel like you borderline play Ninja gaiden.
>>
File: seven.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
seven.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>389631526
The wind down is really long for the Augur, sometimes it can eclipse the parry window if you're not close
>>
>>389631898
I just don't see the appeal of BT builds. Why would you want to drain your own health? Are you stacking hp regen or something?
>>
>>389631847
Fully and totally disagree. Chikage only scales off of BLT whilst tricked, this is true, but the untricked form of the Chikage is dogshit when compared to the tricked form. There is zero reason to use it. The same applies to the Bloodletter. There are two reasons to go BLT, the first is to shoot things rather than just using guns as a parry tool, and the second is to use the tricked forms of the above weapons (+Bowblade, I guess).
>>
>>389632042
the chikage is the one of two that drains your health in 90% of situations, since the bloodletter stays transformed and is only a lump sum of health, and the transform attack actually recovers most of your hp if not all that you used to transform it if you do hit it.

not to mention you get a gatling gun and a motherfucking cannon too, which are pretty fun to use.

and a snake i guess
>>
>>389632103
>Bowblade
It's a fun weapon but I can't shake the fact that I feel like I'm cheating whenever I use it. The scaling alone is ridiculous, and most enemies don't even know how to react to being attacked at range. And then there's what it does to Amyglada or any other boss with weak spots.
>>
>>389632042
The health loss is negligible. For the Chikky you'll only have it tricked whilst attacking, whenever you back away you'll turn it off, you lose hardly anything. And for the Bloodletter you pay the price once and you're set, and if you hit with the trick attack then you get it all back anyway.
>>
>>389631545
ARC is really easy. Logarius is probably the only boss pure ARC will have a problem with.
>>
>>389631484
My favourite thing is to just corner enemies and hold L2 with the oreo
>>
File: IMG_2900.gif (2MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2900.gif
2MB, 540x540px
>noone has mentioned the best weapon yet
>>
>>389631920
lol
Are you trying to say DS2 didn't have the best weapon variety?
I can understand if people shit on DS2 for other reasons (their still wrong though).

DS2 is the best Souls games.
>>
>>389624447
I beat my first playthrough with the threaded cane, it was hard at first but once it's higher than +5 it really rapes bosses, especially the big beast ones
>>
>>389624447
>Use Saw Cleaver pretty much all the time
>Decide to try Ludwig Blade
>Not as strong but can stun enemies in sheath mode
>Suddenly does jackshit damage against some giants
>Switch to Cleaver again

welp
>>
>>389625515
>Also never tried bloodtinge. As far as I know, you need to get very deep into the game before you get a weapon that uses it.
You can get the tifle spear before the first boss and use it until you get something better in Cainhurst.
>>
>>389633017
The rifle spear is not really a blood weapon and it definitely is not available before the first boss.
>>
File: the beast eater.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the beast eater.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>389632943
Some enemies have ridiculous resistance to blunt (which is the slashes of the greatsword).

>>389633017
I love bloodtinge but you're definitely not championing its cause when you suggest using the riflespear. It's a skill weapon that does garbage damage as a gun, better off shooting people with your sidearm honestly.
>>
>>389625609
A lot of people consider it a pleb weapon but I fucking loved it, making niggas fly left and right with that charge attack.
>>
>>389632815
That's not the pizzacutter.
>>
File: 1502561130907.jpg (73KB, 320x341px) Image search: [Google]
1502561130907.jpg
73KB, 320x341px
>tfw no love for the Reiterpallasch
I really enjoyed using it, only reason I dropped it was cause Logarius kept fucking me in the ass when I was using it
>>
File: 1475083511986.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1475083511986.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>want to do a skill build completely focused on rakuyo after fighting maria
>just played through first time with strength quality to use holy blade
>learn ng+ doesn't have stat resets recently
>can't reliably use rakuyo on ng+ character
>dont want to go through so much of the ng on new character as skill only without rakuyo
>cane and BoM are very unappealing weapons to me to use in the interm

should i just stop playing?

fucking hell, why dont i have access to all weapons i found/ skill resets once i beat the game once?
>>
>>389633584
The same reason Sony set account names as what you see by default instead of character names,
>>
Ya'll noobs. Loudwig ftw.
>>
>>389629645
The tricked form has 2 living weapon attacks.
>>
>>389633735
... is it because fuck me?
>>
>>389628312
/threaded
>>
>There are people in this thread who never made use of ARC
Pitiful.
>>
>>389632042
the hp regen is not much and you can just trick-untrick when not attacking
>>
why must the tonitrus be so fragile? i'd love to use it but it breaks so fast
>>
>/v/ of all places only use broken weapons
shamefull desune
>>
>>389634218
Having to beat liteally the entire game to get an ayylmao build does make it hard to access, but fuck is it rewarding once you do actually get it.
>99 ARC Call From Beyond and Parasite swings
>>
Best ost ?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BCDEDi5gDPo
Most people down him by 3 minutes and never get to the best part
>>
The idea behind weapons isn't just their damage output, it's the way they feel. Usually it's a matter of animation speed, but every weapon has a different look and feel. It's supposed to feel visceral and weighty, which it does. That's one of the reasons BB feels so good to play.
>>
>>389634849
Parasite isn't even that great, but ARC is low key the most versatile and fun way to play Bloodborne.
I think people are just put off because they assume it's the INT equivalent, and they're insecure about playing a sorcerer because of the easy mode memes from DaS1 PVE.
>>
>>389626567
>giving a non-optional boss a move that can kill in one hit

I don't care how much you're games are memed into being hard that shit is fucking dumb
>>
>start game
>end up trying all three starter weapons in central yarnham and cathedral ward
>Axe is good and powerful, staggers as much as you'd expect considering it's relative slowness
>Cane is cool looking but kinda tricky to use due to low damage and basically zero stagger
>Saw is just fucking overpowered, faster than the Cane and staggers like the Axe, can literally go up to any enemy and spam R1 and either you kill them or they're staggered and you can backstep out of there to regain stamina
>>
>>389631456
Reiter
>>
>>389635329
Only unavoidable moves are considered 1HKO. If you can absolutely predict and avoid it, it's 100% in the "hard but fair" category.
>>
>>389635329
>>389635586
>Mic
>OHKO

Whuh?
>>
rakuyo best
>>
>>389633584
Just go grab a saif
>>
>>389624672
>>389624447
lol, yeah saw cleaver is speedrun weapon, but blades of mercy are ridiculously over powered because of their dash attack, they get like, a 140% damage boost on it.
>>
File: 1503467679697.png (322KB, 591x716px) Image search: [Google]
1503467679697.png
322KB, 591x716px
Tfw only person who uses the Stake Driver
>>
>>389635650
His Call from beyond can OHKO on most playthroughs.

He can also stagger you with augur then just use augur again to kill you.
>>
>>389625609
You mean held R2's? Because that's the real reason to use the axe. Massive damage and massive hitbox that sends most enemies flying and if not it staggers them almost certainly.
>>
>>389625515
bloodtinge build is literally saw cleaver with slightly more than minimum stats until you get the katana, but once you have the katana, the game gives you 2 18% phys damage up weapons, and a +21% bloodtinge damage gem, so its literally the strongest weapon you can get without chalice dungeons, buffs, or oil urns. it gets something stupid like 600 AR at 40 bloodtinge
>>
>>389635520
Reiter might as well be a pure Skill weapon, building around the super low scaling the pistol mode gets is not worth it.
>>
File: BloodyCrowOfCainhurstRender.png (427KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
BloodyCrowOfCainhurstRender.png
427KB, 424x600px
Chikage is for Evolan spiritual warriors
>>
File: 1313275694372.jpg (53KB, 315x295px) Image search: [Google]
1313275694372.jpg
53KB, 315x295px
>>389635767
I just wish it was better, because I love it.
>>
>>389624447
Bloodletter is better than both and has the old gaxe groundpound.
>>
>>389628109
Burial Blade or Rakugo.
Of course both are fucking endgame weapons and I don't care about NG+ in these games
>>
t. R1 spammer
>>
>>389628109
You posted it, fast as fuck club or long ass range weed whacker
>>
File: When morning comes.jpg (824KB, 1483x834px) Image search: [Google]
When morning comes.jpg
824KB, 1483x834px
>>389634218
>>389634849
>started off as a Strength build before Old Hunters
>slowly morph into a Strength/Arcane build after getting the Holy Moonlight Sword
>god-tier mix of magic and a giant sword

Arcane is rad as hell. Particularly because the Holy Moonlight Sword is so cool.
>>
>>389634218
because chalice dungeons are lame
>>
>>389636458
The first 2 were fun but after that it got tiresome, the 4 and 5 depth are a chore.
>>
>Tonitrus
What are you, Arin Hanson?
>>
>>389636095
You can get both before Shadows, but you have to go way out of your way to get it.
>>
>>389624672
the daggers were a dissapointment. Is there like any legitimate reason you cant buff that shit? DS3 does the same shit and it pisses me off
>has arcane scaling
>though Id do dex/arcane build
>but you cant use the arcane tools which you invested shitload of stats for
>in fact arcane is the resistance stat of BB
>hits like wet noodle near the end
>reroll pure str and steamroll the game
>>
i haven't touched my PS4 in a long time. should i pop BB back in right now?
>>
>>389635848
No he means L2s. They do a ton of damage, have a ton of range, lots of poise break, and swing so wide you cant miss. I love hitting people in pvp with them; just look away when you press L2 and lock on to them just as you start to swing, and somehow they always get hit
>>
>>389638113
>2017
replays get better with age, do it again next year
>>
File: bloodborne.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
*m'lady*
>>
Gitgud, no meme here.

Ludwig's Holy Blade is pretty good in terms of damage and moveset, Beast Cutter, Hunter's Axe, Beasthunter's Saif, Blades of Mercy, Church Pick (because everything is weak to thrust damage), are all good. And then there's the bloodtinge meme weapons like the bowblade and Rakuyo are good.

Short of absolutely trash weapons, the whole game is beatable with any weapons.
>>
>>389635214
ARC is the easy mode of BB. Sure it takes meta knowledge to pull it off but it really makes a lot of things trivial. It has so much utility. Hunter tools do fall off in damage later on in the sense that you need a lot of bullets while others only need their weapon durability but it's not like ARC doesn't have weapons too.
>>
File: only 84 ARC.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
only 84 ARC.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>389637957
>in fact arcane is the resistance stat of BB
Come on man. I know you're mad at burial blade and BoM not being good skl/arc but ARC is fucking lunatic.
>>
>>389624447
1 reason: heavy weapons usually stagger regular enemies, so they're great for making non-boss encounters trivial

saw cleaver/speark are king against bosses though
>out-DPS everything else on average
>fast as fuck so you're not open to the boss' retaliation
>>
>>389638641
I beat the game with both a strength and skill build, I'm planning to do ARC now. Can you give me some tips on how to get started?
>>
>>389638627
>Beasthunter's Saif
Love that moveset, too bad it's a bit of a pain in the ass to get early, I usually get raped by the hunters on the way.
>>
File: 1491250199764.jpg (24KB, 570x574px) Image search: [Google]
1491250199764.jpg
24KB, 570x574px
>>389628109
We are two of soul, my friend.
>>
Kirkhammer or logarius wheel every fucking day.
I do want to try one playthrough with the kos parasite or the boomhammer
>>
BLOODBORNE II WHEN
I NEED IT
>>
>can't wait to be broccoli man for the whole game
>finally beat orphan yesterday
>the parasite is fucking shit
fug
>>
What are the unpopular weapons of bbg? Things you rarely see
>>
>>389625609
Spin to win
>>
>>389640637
Saif
>>
>using a great weapon
>I know, I'll use the worst weapon in the game, that'll do it

wut

also axe is better
>>
>>389630360
The 2 hit R2 combo with Cutter is so satisfying you gotta try it. You flatten literally anything knocking them through the ground every so often
>>
>>389639798
dump everything into arcane. you probably won't need vit until much, much later

cleric beast - molotovs
gascoigne - parry, music box, backstab, molotovs
grab flamesprayer
bsb - flamesprayer
grab fire gem from brainsucker
witches - lol
paarl - flamesprayer
amelia - flamesprayer
grab executioner gloves

that's pretty much it, once you get executioner's most bosses shouldn't be a problem

generally it goes
hunter enemy > executioner gloves or stunlock with beast roar
beast boss > flamesprayer
humanoid boss > parry or backstab or executioner's gloves
large bosses > a call beyond
>>
File: finchy.png (113KB, 291x428px) Image search: [Google]
finchy.png
113KB, 291x428px
Skill/bloodtinge a pain in the begining of the game?
>>
File: CgidgTvWIAAgAq9.png (150KB, 450x525px) Image search: [Google]
CgidgTvWIAAgAq9.png
150KB, 450x525px
>>389628109
Fear my Cuckhammer
>>
>>389640503
hopefully never, the only reason BB was amazing was because it was a work of passion, he wanted to do a game like this since demon's.
>>
>>389641015
Thanks anon.
>>
>>389641191
Starting with the cane is a bit harder in the beginning but when it's upgraded a few times it quickly becomes really powerful.
>>
>>389641431
Hopefully he's finally done with the dark souls series and will make more standalone games like demon's and bloodborne
>>
>>389640637
Saif
Boomhammer
Beast claws
>>
File: BloodborneTM_20151230133032.webm (1MB, 430x242px) Image search: [Google]
BloodborneTM_20151230133032.webm
1MB, 430x242px
can I still love the laser sword of love
>>
>>389641695
This DaS1 was a flawed gem just like DeS but 2 and 3 were disappointments.
>>
>>389641695
hopefully from would stop milking this genre and go back to milking armored core full time
>>
I'm on a first playthrough at the minute and loving Ludwig's Holy Blade. Using Threaded Cane for most of the early game, then switched to this. Also played around with the Saw Spear, which I didn't like, and the Tornitus, which has been super useful in places but I don't enjoy as much as the sword in general.

I'm up to Nightmare of Menis and couldn't be fucked with that frenzy effect when I first arrived, so currently fighting Ebrietas instead. I died a couple of times last night but reckon I can hammer her with the sword once I go back on today.

Everything I've been unlocking recently like the wheel or chikage feel super specialised, like I'd need to have invested in arcane/bloodtinge from the start to get anything out of them.
>>
>>389642303
>milking unpopular mecha shit
Mecha are more niche than fucking rts.
>>
>>389631456
This. I just fucking installed this game because of this thread
>>
one of the worst problems of BB (and the Souls series in general) is how you get locked into weapons because how strong upgrading is, SPECIALLY if you don't have the DLC, and this only serves to hinder weapon variety, this is borderline criminal in a game where all these neat trick weapons exist, and people might not try them out because they're not at +7~+10 and they can't be arsed to invest time farming those fucking upgrade mats

I think the series would be improved if they entirely dropped the upgrade system, as well as increasing the damage ramp up from leveling stats (which also would make the offensive stats more attractive, as currently the stats scaling make you choose between +10 damage versus +20% health bar, as well as increased blood vial recovery I believe)

I could be wrong in something though, but I'm sure I'll be corrected if so
>>
>>389633584
if you have online I'm sure you can get someone to drop your new character a Rakuyo you fucking weaboo
>>
>>389643319
bb's real problem is the lack of respec, upgrading weapons just takes a bit of grind and isn't really a problem.
>>
>>389643535
grinding is shit, I've seen it in games like Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow, but it was pretty fast to get any soul I wanted besides that fucking Peeping Eye, but farming the blood stone for 7~9 is ass, taking probably more than an hour to get a weapon to +9, and the blood rock costs fucking 60 insight

I agree that no respect also hurts the game though
>>
>>389642327
Yeah, most of the lategame weapons require a more devoted build to utilize, as with most souls games.

Protip: Just run through all the frenzy shit, you can turn it off later in the castle. Also visceral the werewolves to stop the maggots from popping out.
Thread posts: 231
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.