[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the original Megaman X so perfect? >best stages >best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: MMXPromo.jpg (1MB, 1696x2264px) Image search: [Google]
MMXPromo.jpg
1MB, 1696x2264px
Why was the original Megaman X so perfect?

>best stages
>best music
>best bosses
>best upgrades
>>
PS1 titles are only shit because of the prerendered shit changed ow levels were set out. X5 in paticular is bad.

Also the added edge to the stories.
>>
>>389619594
It was almost perfect.
If you started out with the Dash upgrade and could play as Zero, then it would've been the penultimate Megaman game.
>>
>>389619594
>>389619594
God damn right.
>>
>>389619594
Don't forget to include in stages that fenomenal intro stage. Such a perfect tutorial where the player is guided to learn controls and mechanics without being intrusive. Nowadays we have Cuphead and retards who can't even grasp how to do it.
>>
>>389623229
Shit even the music is perfect, now the whole OST is autoplaying in my head
>>
X2 and 3 tried too hard to be hard and cram annoying secrets like hidden boss orders and annoying one-time items (fucking Speed Ostrich)
4 dials that down a lot, and were it not for the wonky controls would be the best X game.
>>
>>389623229
Egoraptor is that you
>>
>>389623386
Egoraptor didn't invent the concept of MMX's intro stage being stellar
>>
>>389623386
probably he's illiterate and egoraptor never finished high school
>>
>>389619594
too bad the screwed it all up by reviving zero over and over
>>
>>389619594

I agree but I think x2 comes very close.

>>389621751
This is wrong. I used to think the same way as you, but then I discovered dashless playthroughs are fun and let you experience the game in a fresh way. Giving you the dash a bit later was a conscious decision that allows you to play the game as a more traditional Megaman game or with the brand-new high-speed gameplay style.

If they made a mistake it's that you CAN'T skip the dash in Chill Penguin. It should still be in a super obvious spot, but you should be able to go past it. If you get to Sigma stages without it Zero could give it to you like he gives you the buster if you miss it.
>>
>>389619594
not being a rehash helped

it actually meant something to me when zero died in this game
>>
>Best upgrades
Except the head parts, which were pretty much the most useless upgrade ever. At least other games tried to do something with it.
>>
Real talk: How does Mega Man manage to have very few /shit/ titles despite having so many. X7 is really the only genuinely shit title I can think of. X6 comes close, but is more the b-movie type bad where it's still enjoyable to laugh at how hard they fucked up.
>>
>>389623489
Zero: Here.... take my buster... you'll need it to defeat Sigma...

*watches X start to walk away*

Zero: Did you... forget to pick up the dash boots...? Take these too...
>>
>>389623753
Because the core gameplay is really fucking good.
It's really hard to make a blatantly bad game when the controls and everything are so tight.

Having said that there are a couple installments that are really really lazy.
>>
>>389623386
Who the hell is Egoraptor?
>>
>>389623781
can i take your orb boobies? do those do anything cool?
>>
>love the shit out of x6
>Hate the shit out of x5
>There is literally no way to like both equally
I like x7 more than x5 and that's saying a lot given how bad they are
>>
X4 is so hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hu_TW2hoK4
STOP
THE
COUPE
NOW
>>
>>389624237
>X4
>Hilarious
Agreed. Seeing sigma get his ass destroyed with just a pipe is great
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.