[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I refuse to believe Dark Souls 3 was actually directed by the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

I refuse to believe Dark Souls 3 was actually directed by the same person that directed DaS1 and Bloodborne. I believe Miyazaki just slacked off drawing dogs with raven heads in the corner while someone else made all the decisions.
>>
>>389613105
SKELLINGTON GET YE GONE
>>
>>389613105
It really feels like a game mandated by a contract that nobody wanted to make.
>>
I fucking hate playing through it, yet I've done so at least a dozen times.

I think I just like playing these stupid games
>>
>>389613105
Dark souls 3 is an amazing game. The dlc boss fights are fucking incredible except for the wolf. Just because it doesn't have the map design of dks1 doesn't mean it is bad. It is an excellent game. And yes, I also beat dks1. It is a masterpiece, but I prefer III's fighting(and graphics/atmosphere)
>>
>>389614625
>The dlc boss fights are fucking incredible
Yeah I sure like 12 minute long multiphase bosses where you can be one shot if you mess up.
>>
>>389614625
The bosses are the only good thing about 3, and thankfully they are really good.
>>
>>389613105
I'm in love with Yorshka!
>>
>>389614719
Shit if you're gonna whine about that you better not have ever either criticized souls bosses for being easy or praised them for being hard
>>
>>389614625
Friede was good, but not "fucking incredible".
Gael was probably the most fair non-bullshit infinite stamina boss in the game.
Midir is a shitty oversized version of Sihn that has a tacked on meme laser.

>>389615025
>Attack the weak point for massive damage gimmicks and infinite stamina 10 hit combos that require you to sit in the corner and do nothing or chain roll like a cartoon character.
>Good.
>>
>>389613105
It's a sequel to a game he had nothing to do with that was a sequel to a game that after it was done he went on to another IP.He went back to a series he was done with.That doesn't change it's flaws, but those are probably the reason's they exist.Maybe i'm wrong.
>>
File: Lewd Yorshka.png (92KB, 207x241px) Image search: [Google]
Lewd Yorshka.png
92KB, 207x241px
>>389615271
She's a total slut though :^)
>>
>>389614719
Tbqh I do enjoy the extremely long, high damage boss fights. It really made me feel badass when I beat midir and the demon princes. I thought the meme lasers looked cool af too. I get enjoyment out of perfecting my reactions and strategies to the mutliphase bosses and their attacks.
>>
>>389615343
>Friede was good, but not "fucking incredible".
The cinematics were the best part about the boss fight, it actually scared the shit out of me because it made me feel like it would be a harder fight than it was.
>>
100% agree OP
>>
>>389615342
Why? Hard or easy aren't really the issues. It's fights that are too long and can cause you to have to redo all that by messing up. Doesn't matter as much for Souls games with shorter fights
>>
File: spooked.png (278KB, 633x489px) Image search: [Google]
spooked.png
278KB, 633x489px
>>389615271
>Can't let Yorshka out of the tower and invite her to Firelink.
Why are half breeds so cute?
>>
File: 1456496252869.jpg (69KB, 420x462px) Image search: [Google]
1456496252869.jpg
69KB, 420x462px
>>389613105
There were some questionable design decisions, and I really miss the interconnected world of DaS1, but my only real complaint is with the poor replayability and the really disappointing lore, as autistic as it is. I thought DaS1's world and backstory was very interesting and unique and it ended quite neatly, and when DaS3 came along I thought it'd be a lot more grandiose, but instead it introduced so many convoluted things and was basically just a bunch of random shit happening for no reason. I blame DaS2 for its emphasis on the cycles bullshit, but it could've been so much more.
>>
>>389616204
If I could summarize the fight with one word it would be "Boring". Too much standing around watching her do nothing, too much roll spam through her retarded combos.
>>
I really hate how Das3 is so connected to 1.

2 might get a lot of shit, but I honestly liked that it was a different story, with the same themes and clearly the same universe. I wish 3 took a similar approach and had a more unique story/setting.
>>
>>389616850
>I blame DaS2 for its emphasis on the cycles bullshit
I don't know how you can blame DaS2 for this when the entire plot was about trying to break or get away from the cycles.

DaS3 was just a pointless retread of plot points and characters from DaS1.
>>
MGS4 did it better
>>
>>389617532
DaS2 sort of wrote the game's plot into a corner, at least that was my impression. DaS1's ending could've happened right after the Chosen Undead's linking or something but due to DaS2 taking place after god knows how many cycles, DaS3 had no choice but to take place in the distant future with a shitload of linkings already having taken place. I feel if it didn't exist then DaS3 could've been different.

And I like when sequels actually have something to do with their prequels. But now that you mention it the characters were another thing I was disappointed by. I'm fine with Andre and Patches coming back, because whatever, Patches is a staple and Andre's replacement would just be not-Andre anyway. But Siegward is just literally Siegmeyer, and so many of them are just generic shopkeepers that you collect. DaS1 NPCs were so fucking good, they really felt like they had a little agency. I have no idea what the fuck they were doing with Sirris and Eygon, and honestly, Greirat was the only one I thought had a good plotline since it ends in that Dark Soulsy way where you just feel kinda sad at the end.
>>
>>389618334
Weird how Miyazaki got his lore fucked by someone else who wrote DaS2's shit. Or maybe Miyazaki still had lore control for that game?
>>
>>389613105
das sucks too so its all bamcos fault
>>
>>389615343
>chain roll like a cartoon character.
Spotted the heavy armor shield cuck
>>
>>389619353
As far as I'm aware he was completely hands off for DaS2 and simply made himself available for advice. I think he was trying to respect their creativity and not be a George Lucas.
>>
>>389619353
Miyazaki was the supervisor for everything that happened in DaS2.

>>389619839
You can chain roll in heavy armor too dipshit.
>>
>>389613105
THICC
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.