[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here play The Dark Spire? I've become interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: TheDarkSpireDSCover.png (47KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
TheDarkSpireDSCover.png
47KB, 250x224px
Anyone here play The Dark Spire? I've become interested in it and would like to hear some thoughts on it. Thanks guys.
>>
>>389611353
This was probably the first real Dungeon Crawler I ever played, it captures the magic of Wizardry with a super sleek visual stye and a great, distinct soundtrack.
>>
>>389611459
I'm a big fan of the first person SMT games and Entrian Odyssey games but only really looked into this recently. I knew the name but didn't know it was a dungeon crawler. Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>389611626
No worries, this game was a gateway to those other series for me, although its mechanics are often far more "old school" in their sensibilities.
>>
I played this briefly on an emulator. I did the tutorial level, couldn't figure out how to set what spells my casters had, went out into I think the forest and got wiped on the first encounter.

10/10
>>
>>389611353
Great game. Awesome OST.
>>
>>389611353

It's a good game that hearkens back to dungeon crawlers of yesteryear.
>>
I beat it and I loved it.
The game is legitimately a top dungeon crawler and I own two copies.
>>
OP here, thanks for all the replies guys. One last question, what should I expect for grinding? Just curious what I'm getting myself into.
>>
It's good. Kind of tough though, both in terms of retro style puzzles and the general battle difficulty.
>>
>>389613131
The early game can be a bit grindy, although this is because you can have a mage with 1 hp and so some save scumming is needed as they level up.

The game has an overall high encounter rate which actually made it easier in a sense. As you explore the map you kind of naturally get stronger, so I very rarely had to grind even if I was fighting every step of the way.
>>
good game, reminds me of old western dungeon crawlers, no moe blob art
>>
>>389613474
>you can have a mage with 1 hp
That's pretty hilarious honestly. Thanks, I don't mind early game grinding as much so that sounds like a pro.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.