[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it is hard like dark souls >somewhere between mario and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 51e.jpg (120KB, 680x842px) Image search: [Google]
51e.jpg
120KB, 680x842px
>it is hard like dark souls
>somewhere between mario and dark souls
>souls-like
>it is pretty much dark souls but...
>the dark souls of the ____
>DARK SOULS!

Is anyone else sick and tired of this crap? Is this the only difficult game ever made according to the casuals and journalists? Do these assholes not know how to compare a harder game to anything besides Dark Souls?
>>
File: 1503025496447.jpg (58KB, 590x534px) Image search: [Google]
1503025496447.jpg
58KB, 590x534px
>>389611014
I see people complaining about this way more than I see it any more.
>>
>>389611014
I think part of it is just due to how Dark Souls doesn't have an easy difficulty. There are games with harder difficulties, but usually those games also have an easier difficulty to go along with it (Well, modern games atleast). So when you say a game is difficult like Dark Souls, it should be meant in that regard; hard with no other easier alternative. There is a lot more to be said about the nuances of Dark Souls' difficulty and why comparing the difficulty of another game to Dark Souls does have some merit, but I'm not going to write an essay here.

>>389611357
Yeah, most of the time I see it done, it is intended ironically.
>>
>>389611014
I dropped Yahtzee when he unironically compared Crash Bandicoot to Dark Souls.
>>
>>389611910
That isn't what goes on at all. These morons are even comparing platformers to Dark Souls. As if they are difficult for the same reasons. There has been so many difficult games made yet the one game these people instantly think about is Dark Souls. It is really stupid.
>>
File: Disgust.gif (1MB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.gif
1MB, 400x500px
>>389611014
Man, I'm just sick and tired of the community as a whole. Fucking mouth-breathers. But I don't really see that comparison alot, only when "Souls YouTubers" makes a video trying to sound knowledgeable.
>>
My coworker called PUBG the dark souls of competitive multiplayer
>>
It's like spiderman and frozen elsa videos. Just a total failure of people to communicate without clickbait keywords.
>>
>>389612124
Dark Souls had difficult platforms though, so a platformer can be soulslike difficult.
>>
>>389614480
The platforms aren't difficult, the controls are. I mean they've improved them in later entries but the first one was pretty clunky. It's lucky the platforming itself wasn't hard
>>
>>389611014
I don't even know what it's supposed to mean at this point. Someone asked me if a game was like an FPS Dark Souls.
>>
>>389614712
How would a FPS dark souls work?

Do you play as someone who never fired a gun before, as an excuse to have slow wind up and and follow through?
what would you fight even?
>>
>>389615008
I don't know, man. I'm fairly certain the guy was just asking me if the game was hard, but it's not like Dark Souls invented pattern recognition based difficulty.
>>
File: ourgirl.png (644KB, 717x575px) Image search: [Google]
ourgirl.png
644KB, 717x575px
Is helene, may i say it, /ourgirl/?
>>
The funny thing about Dark Souls is that its actual fans agree it's not very hard.
>>
>>389615116
I know what he meant, but now im interested in figuring out how this concept would even work.
>>
>>389615274
A friend of mine put it like this

It's not hard at all, it's just very very fair. You can clearly see where you went wrong, and you know what you need to do. You dodged too early or you attacked at a bad time, simple as that.
>>
>>389611014
>the dark souls of the
this is annoying and retarded
>souls-like
this is a legitimate term and /v/ needs to get over it
>>
>>389614480
The jumping controls in DaS games are shit. Largely because the controls in DaS games are shit.
>>
>>389615146
Studio Ghibli, anon
>>
>>389615495
Except in DaSII where fairness was shafted for ganking
>>
>>389615643

I am disappointed in myself, thanks for clearing that up anon
>>
>>389615745
DaS3 had worse gank squads than 2 and no one gave a fuck.
>>
>>389611014

I love how none of the souls like except maybe for nioh, havent come even close to the quality of any game in the series so reading souls like is automaticly a red flag. Name one game in 3d that is actually anything like dark souls.
>>
>>389615994
>no one gave a fuck
Guess you weren't browsing /v/ back when it was released
>>
>>389615146
EMMMMMMMM geek sheek
>>
>>389615116
>but it's not like Dark Souls invented pattern recognition based difficulty.

According to these retarded casual scum Dark Souls invented difficulty.
>>
>the dark souls of Persona games
>>
File: behind you.png (765KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
behind you.png
765KB, 1280x720px
>>389611014
Because Dark/Demon Souls were the first popular games of the modern era to deviate from the casual hand-holding interactive-movie cancer that modern games have become.

It's legacy is profound enough that everything is compared to it. It's like the Evangelion of vidya. It will be discussed for decades hereafter. You just need to accept it as a fact of life.
>>
>>389618195
Evangelion is overrated trash though.
>>
>>389618195
this was so shit. Disneyland replica, it was at thispoint that i knew that ds3 is irredeemable, creativly bankrupt trash pandering to normies or people who have never been to imposant places intheir lifes and even then
>copying real life places instead creating amixture of own twisted phantasiies+ rl
Ds1 was really lightning in the bottle the rest is so fucking generic and boring
>>
let me know when sudoku's are "darksouls-like"
>>
i fucking love dark souls. and im getting annoyed by this too. mostly because dark souls isnt hard.
once you know where everything is, you can whizz through the game faster than light. it punishes mistakes, but after the first time through you never make those mistakes again. its hard when you bumble through it, but if you play it the way it wants to be played its not that hard.
>>
>>389619089
the learning curve is the difficulty
>>
>>389619226
yeah, but its not a very steep curve. sure, the first time the bandits in lower undead burg killed me i was all like "wow what hard enemies" but then the very next time i just poked them through the walls with my polearm.
even sens funhouse took like 9 gos and then i never died there again unless i fucked up a jump.
>>
>>389619412
and the skellies down to catacombs right after you get to firelink shrine?
>>
>>389618412
>Evangelion is overrated trash though.
So is Dark Souls.
>>
maybe they do it to get a reaction out of you

sound familiar?
>>
>>389611014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3d1nvKeTnU
>>
>>389620247
Critical reddit
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.