[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The developers of this actually LIKE the Adventure era titles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault(7).jpg (133KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(7).jpg
133KB, 1280x720px
The developers of this actually LIKE the Adventure era titles and want to make a game that takes inspiration from it.

What the fuck bros how could they have such shit taste?
>>
File: 1500854367495.png (230KB, 388x414px) Image search: [Google]
1500854367495.png
230KB, 388x414px
>>389607670
There is literally nothing wrong with liking Adventure as long as you don't have such a bullshit taste to say it's the best of the 3D games if not the best/only good Sonic game(s).
Adventure fanboyism is the problem, not the game nor the people who like it.
>>
>>389607670
You mean amazing taste.
>>
>>389607970
Stealth thinks Adventure 1 is the best mainline, not classic. game.
>>
>>389608125
That's plain retardation then, what the fuck Simon.
>>
They did some things right, but they're ultimately bogged down by too much bullshit.
The hub in Adventure isn't fun like in SM64, Banjo, Spyro, etc. It just wastes your time. The alternative play-styles aren't as good as Sonic and basically alienate your player and pads the game out. Best part of these games honestly was the soundtrack.
>>
>>389607670
CLASSIC KEKS BTFO
>>
>>389608224
>"To me, the best post-classic, main-series Sonic game was the original Sonic Adventure, and I’d like to see that sort of gameplay make a return, if not be improved upon."
>>
>>389608808
Most long time Sonic fans probably don't think that Sonic hasn't had a good game in 20 years.
>>
I would trust them on a game like that. 3D Sonic could work without the unnecessary bullshit like homing attacks and speed blurring.
>>
>>389609440
Sonic Generations was alright, but it has been a long time for an actual good game.
>>
>>389608835
>"To me, the best post-classic, main-series Sonic game was the original Sonic Adventure, and I’d like to see that sort of gameplay make a return, if not be improved upon."
I'm glad to see stealth has patrician taste.
>>
>>389608835
>To me, the best post-classic, main-series Sonic game
>post-classic

Nothing wrong with what I'm seeing here. He's just saying that SA1 was the best effort after classic Sonic, which most people generally agree. That doesn't mean SA1 wasn't great though, most people think it ranges between good and mediocre, but nonetheless it's still the best effort Sonic Team ever put after Classic Sonic. Stealth is basically saying that he sees the potential in the Adventure formula, but it needs some improvement.
>>
>>389610537
>That doesn't mean SA1 wasn't great though

Whoops. Meant to say "That doesn't mean SA1 WAS great though". I personally think it's an average game. Nothing special, and I wish it would have been better.
>>
>>389609696
Sonic needs a homing attack in 3D.
>>
Sonic Adventure 1 actually was pretty fun to play in the Sonic levels. It just needed some more work on the levels and none of that gimmicky different game types for different characters bullshit. Imagine a 3D Sonic game with SA1 physics but with levels you don't constantly fall off of and Tails/Knuckles levels are actual full levels instead of gimmicks.
>>
>>389607670
Source.
>>
Stealth likes Adventure 1. I'm pretty sure Taxman only feels contempt for everything past the Saturn.
>>
>>389613526
>>389614146
Here's the article:
http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/features/a-chat-with-fan-turned-creator-of-sonic-mania-w501581

>"I’m a fan of Sonic Adventure, and some of the other 3D games. There was a period where, at least in Australia, no new Sonic games were coming out. From the Dreamcast onward, that’s a whole new generation of fans that were brought into the series. When you get into the later games in the series, like Rush and Colors, I view those more as a platformer mixed with a racing game, rather than a pure platformer. There’s a lot of focus on drift mechanics and traveling at a high speed. The core game in Sonic Mania basically sticks to that classic formula, but, in particular, the 3D Special Stages take inspiration from the newer games. We wanted to capture that sense of speed, because when you go from 2D to 3D, you have to move a lot faster to create that sense of speed. In a technical sense, those Special Stages really just shift the axis, where you have to worry about left and right rather than up and down. It’s definitely a source of inspiration, along with Sega’s Nineties racing games, like Daytona USA."

>"Really, what it comes down to is general scope. There’s only so much you can do within a particular time frame. Even with just three characters, you can access different parts of the stage because of their unique abilities - Tails can fly, for instance. I’m not against adding in the new characters [like Shadow the Hedgehog] - I think they’re cool - I think there’s potentially a lot of things you could do with it…"
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.