[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

haven't played video games seriously in 4 years coming back

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 350[1].jpg (33KB, 350x399px) Image search: [Google]
350[1].jpg
33KB, 350x399px
haven't played video games seriously in 4 years
coming back to gaming, got a brand new PC, what are essential games I need to play released in past 4 years?
prefer first person RPG story based games, no weeb shit
pic semi related, finished it today but it was meh compared to 3/NV
>>
Shrek 2 the game
>>
CSGO, Doom, Dying Light. They won't keep you occupied as long as Fallout:NV but they are still good in my opinion.
>>
>>389602605

Witcher 2/3, I liked 1 but it's a little dated.

Total War games are pretty fun. Not deep by any means so low barrier of entry.

Mount & Blade Warband.

Give some smaller and lesser known games a chance, like Terraria, Grim Dawn, S.T.A.L.K.E.R
>>
>>389602605

4 is a lot of fun on survival, if you're into that sorta thing.

Vanilla doesn't seem worthwhile.

I recommend Divinity: Original Sin and Earth Defense Force 4.1.
>>
>>389603612

Witcher 1 was fucking awful, even when it was new. But I should give 2/3 a chance.
>>
>>389602605
Modded skyrim,
The Witcher 3,
Dark Souls (whole series),
Dragon Age Inquisition,
Kingdoms of amalur: Reckoning,
Legend of Grimrock 1/2,
Deus Ex mankind divided,
Darkest Dungeon,
Nier: Automata
Lords of the Fallen

Those are the last RPG's i've played recently, and i really liked them. Not all of them are first person, some of them are FPS + rpg stuff (missions, skills, character build etc.).

Check all of them, im sure you'll like them. Cheers!
>>
>>389603845

The combat is pretty shitty, but you get used to it enough to play through the game which actually has a great narrative, good pacing, good RPG elements, and map design.
>>
>>389603963

The dialogue was edgy tryhard shit that felt like it was written by a teenager who'd just discovered high fantasy.

I maxed out the character traits I wanted and thus lost interest in leveling very early.

The combat was goddamn HORRENDOUS.
>>
First, you're incorrect about Fallout 4. It's great compared to 3, and bad compared to NV.

Hollow Knight if you like Metroidvanias, best one to come out this decade. There's a good selection of CRPGs on steam now, look into some of those if you haven't played them already. RPCS3 is an almost fully working PS3 emulator you can use to play any PS3 games you might be interested in, and Cemu is even higher functioning, performing in some cases better than an actual Wii U. Dark Souls 2 and 3 are both decent, nothing compared to the original but still worth buying on sale. If you haven't played the original yet, 100% start with it. Darkest Dungeon is a good RPG roguelite with solid turn based combat and dungeon crawling, Rocket League is an actual good sports game, and PUBG is the best the battle royale genre has to offer, watch some gameplay to see if you might be interested. Transistor is basically a sci fi Bastion, most consider the original to be better but it's still great. Ori and the Blind Forest is a good platformer, and DOOM is a decent shooter.

Hopefully that covers a pretty good range of genres for you
>>
>>389604089
>The dialogue was edgy tryhard

Maybe it's cause I'm from northern England where people actually still talk like they're lowborn peasantry from the 1300s so I don't find it jarring. Believe you me, that's actually how they talk.

So if anything it's actually period appropriate.
>>
>>389603357
Doom 2016 is one of my favorite games ever
i second this opinion
>>
>>389603357
>>389603612
>>389603852
thanks for suggestions, I'll check those games out
>>389604298
Last I played 3 was in 2008 I was just basing this on memory of playing it
>>
Fallout 4 has loads of problems, but it's a pretty fantastic stalker lite with mods.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.