[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone here get the Seiken collection? To be honest, the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

Did anyone here get the Seiken collection? To be honest, the only game I haven't played in this one is Final Fantasy Adventure. So far I'm liking it, even better than Secret of Mana. Hell I like it better than Zelda, which it seems to resemble.
>>
pls respond ;_;
>>
>>389602260
I'll pick it up if it ever gets a release Stateside.
>>
>>389602260

Woah, that looks awesome.
I'll get it if it's ever translated into English.
>>
>>389602260
The gameboy game? It's kinda dated...
>>
I hope this shit comes to the US.

At least I can play the shitty remake on PS4.

Also..

>Kevin Hawk Duran
>Dragon Emperor Route
>Stat-Ups & Stat-Downs
>RIP & TEAR
>>
>>389604068
>Woah, that looks awesome.
It's 3 roms. 2 SNES roms and a GB rom, to be specific
Don't judge a game by its box art
>>
>>389602260
I'm considering it. I don't know Japanese, though. I wish they would localize it.
>>
File: Nate Tiara shrug-785812.jpg (46KB, 377x500px) Image search: [Google]
Nate Tiara shrug-785812.jpg
46KB, 377x500px
>>389604191

I bought Metal Slug 2 and 3 for my Switch, I'd still get them.
>>
>$50 for an emulator
I'm excited for the remake, too bad the Switch isn't getting it
>>
>>389604657
I wouldn't expect a straight port though. Fucking M2 worked on it. Probably ironed out the bugs and other bullshit.
>>
>>389604096
It's really not. The game has fucking excellent design and OP has patrician taste.

The Adventures of Mana remake is also excellent.
>>
>>389605771
>The Adventures of Mana remake is also excellent.
Not him, but
No, no it isn't. Go fuck yourself.
>>
File: rlFOjC2.jpg (44KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
rlFOjC2.jpg
44KB, 500x450px
>>389605771
>The game has fucking excellent design and OP has patrician taste.
And you still think that of someone who paid $50 for this?

Seems like I stumbled into a marketer thread. My mistake, carry on
>>
>>389605925
>Pretty much 1:1 to the original game with updated graphics that are simple but charming. The only major change is analog control, which means maneuvering is less cumbersome.
>Allows for remixed music or the original.

In what was is it not an excellent remake? Unless you're a Sword of Mana loving faggot it's pretty much just the original with a new coat of paint, which is pretty good for the old gal because most of it was monochrome, recycled FF3 sprites.
>>
>>389606272
>THIS GAME LOOKS OLD THEREFORE IT IS BAD!!!!!!

I'm not talking about the price of this game (Speaking of which, why the fuck would anyone pay a marketer to shill it on /v/? There's no English release and it's an improbable sales proposition to make in the first place.), I'm talking about the design of the game in the first place.

It's right up there with Link's Awakening and is easily one of the best games on Gameboy. If you stopped being a shallow fucking cunt and booted it up on an emulator (or tracked down a cart), you'd find a wonderful little action adventure game.
>>
>>389606359
>all action made slower as a molasses
>all non-character graphics are "my first unity project"-tier
>all enemy stats cut in half
Fuck you. 1:1 my ass.
>>
>>389606667
>THIS GAME LOOKS OLD THEREFORE IT IS BAD!!!!!!
But I didn't say that. Why would you create this strawman? Are you incapable of forming an actual argument?

This thread is specifically about the Switch ROM collection. I think anyone who bought it for the asking price is certifiably insane.
>>
>>389606272
$50 (or whatever the equivalent is in Japanese) for that, plus Secret of Mana and Seiken Densetsu 3, to be more precise.
>>
>>389606707
>all non-character graphics are "my first unity project"-tier
Compared to the literally-recycled-and-downgraded-NES-sprites of the original? It's not Van Gogh, but it's sure as fuck a strong update compared to the original graphics.
>Slow as molasses
As far as I can tell it's the same speed, but the fact that it's not tile-based makes it seem less "snappy".
>All enemy stats cut in half
Now this one I don't know about. I got about halfway through Adventures before putting it down for a while, and both the amount of hits I needed to deal to bosses/enemies and the amount of hits I could take seemed to be exactly the same. Could you tell me more about this?

If you don't like it that's your prerogative, but I think it's a pretty damn good remake. Definitely better than Sword.
>>
>>389606859
You seemed to be incapable of actually responding to someone's post without making baseless accusations, so I don't see how some shitposting in return is uncalled for. But for real, the point was that in terms of game design Mana 1 isn't "dated." It's a really fun game and the progression, dungeons, overworld, etc are all wonderful. "But these grafix ain't worth $50" isn't a rebuttal to that.
>>
>>389607590
I think the gameplay is dated as well by modern ARPG standards. That might not be clear from a single picture, but I think if we compared a webm of Dark Souls and SD1, the latter would come across as something extremely rudimentary
>>
>>389607306
Sword was actually a remake that tried (and mostly failed) to bring about more interesting things. Adventures is an inferior looking port that just rehashed Rise of Mana character models, and cranked out shitty environments.
Even if FFA recycled FF1-3's sprites, at least they were consistent looking. Adventures' character and graphic models are so fucking jarring, that only a retard like you would think they look good in any fashion. Adventures used FF sprites anyways, so you're still an idiot.

Even if Sword fucked up, I respect it for at least trying, but FFA's linear story and compact world are too concentrated for something like Legend of Mana's extras to fit properly. Adventures is just a lazy as shit mobile rehash.
>>
>>389608089
I mean, in the same way Super Mario Brothers 3 is "dated" compared to Super Mario Galaxy, sure.
>>
>>389608336
I'm glad we could reach this agreement. It's been very cathartic
>>
File: Comparison.jpg (46KB, 554x194px) Image search: [Google]
Comparison.jpg
46KB, 554x194px
>>389608102
Sword of Mana was a goddamned clusterfuck of a project that tried to complicate itself for its own sake featuring gorgeous spritework. Adventures is a pragmatic remake based on recreating the original game in a simple but effective 3D models.

Honestly, it sounds like you're basing your opinions on the reason behind each remake (a passion project versus a quick recobble) rather than the effectiveness of each remake as a game. Adventures is far more faithful to the original and is still a visual upgrade compared to the first, although which you prefer is entirely up to your own aesthetic inclination (I've been on the other side of this argument plenty of times, so I can entirely respect that you'd hold the original style as superior).

But no, fuck actually having a decent discussion, I'm just a fucking RETARD for disagreeing with your holy factual vision.
>>
>>389608921
I wish they'd port Adventures to some other platforms. Mobile and Vita are like the only places I strike out
>>
>>389604191
did they at least patch SD3's bugs?
>>
>>389607225
In Japan it was 3200 yen

so about 30 usd

tax free
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.