[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /v/, I've been banging my head against this Roxas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 10

File: 20170907_195308.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170907_195308.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
Alright /v/, I've been banging my head against this Roxas fight for days. I first got to him at level 49, with all my drive forms still on level 1, except Valor, which was on level 2. I have since spent many hours grinding my ass off, leveling all my Drive forms as high as they can currently go, leveling up to level 64 in the process, and Roxas still hands my ass to me in no time.

The best I've managed so far was getting him down to 3 health bars, but he has this bullshit combo that he pulls out of his ass that practically OHKOs me. What the fuck am I doing wrong? Should I just delete the game and move on?
>>
>>389596748
use better accessorys

max your lvl dumbass
>>
Just use limit form
>>
>>389596942
I'm already using all the best available equipment. And I've already spent more than a dozen hours grinding because of this one fight, I'd rather not have to spend a ton more time getting past this roadblock. As much as I enjoy the combat in the game, spending more hours running through the loop in Timeless River is not entirely appealing right now.
>>
Lower the Anti Sora counter in a different world.

Stock up on High Ethers. Level up Limit Form. Use Limit Form to avoid damage with invulnerability frames. You can only use that form twice safely without going into anti Form, use that wisely. Anti Form is a hidden counter, goes up by 20 percent. Using final Form resets the counter. Learn to use quick time events to remove his second keyblade.

Kill yourself I'd playing on remasterstation 4 with its 60fparticular bugs and random crashing .
>>
>>389597407
How do I get Final form?
>>
Equip Decisive Pumpkin
Equip Auto-Limit Form
Equip as many Elixirs as you can carry

Congrats, you just beat Roxas at any level.
>>
>>389597549
Shit, my bad. Final form happens randomly when transforming after beating Roxas. I'm on mobile so typing I'd a pain. Heartless Sora is there to prevent form abuse, any time a form is used it goes up by 20% chance of going heartless. If you use Valor Form twice, the next time you pick any form it will have a 40% chance of going anti Sora. You want to drop that hidden percentage before fighting Roxas so you can use LiMIT Form safely. Google it.

Make sure to use the QTE to remove his second keyblade. Cast the spell that buffs defense, then heal in that order always. Use keyblade that helps regens MP bar. Kill yourself if playing this on Remasterstation 4 and it's not backwards compatible exclusive feature such as bugged 60fps mechanics and saving crashes at random.
>>
Lolreflect
>>
>>389597763
Already using decisive pumpkin, but auto limit is a good idea. I tend to forget about actually using drive forms, I was just grinding them for the high jump/dodge roll/sprint/whatever.
>>
>>389596748
how the fuck were your drives so low

it's not hard to level them just by using them when they're up

also if one particular thing is killing you just abuse limit because it makes you immune

or you know spam reflect because it blocks everything
>>
>>389598073
Played through 1.5, some of Re:CoM and 45+ hours of 2.5 without any crashes, and I haven't noticed any 60fps bugs. Maybe they patched that shit?
>>
>>389597407
Most of the bugs that matter have been fixed with a second patch
>>
Are you playing on Critical?
>>
>>389598335
Nah, just normal Final Mix. I had 0 trouble with the game up until this fight with Roxas.
>>
Only semi-related but I'm stuck on Ansem Riku on Final Mix. How do I dodge/survive his third stage attack. It looks a bit like he's using Sonic Rave on me.
>>
>>389598158

I love Kingdom Hearts, but my biggest constant complaint is how there are not enough shortcuts to allow you to utilize all of the great options Sora has without spending more than 1 second standing like a retard going through your menus.
Even speedrunners take 0.5-1 second to choose their abilities necessary for each fight.
>>
>>389598473
Glide around the arena while he's doing the shoop wooping
>>
File: breakingbad_hector21.jpg (19KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
breakingbad_hector21.jpg
19KB, 600x338px
>>389596748
Make sure you have glide or those dough ap skills on. You can easily trash Roxas with limit form. If your this much trouble with regular Roxas than don't even bother with data Roxas or any of the other data battles. Your way above the recommended level for that boss fight you fucking noob.
>>
>>389598552
Gotcha, thanks.
I feel I'm either bad or underleveled at this fight though, I'm getting my ass kicked even by his second stage. No real problems with Dragon Maleficent but I was doing basically no damage to her, it took forever.
>>
>>389598430
>not even proud let alone critical
>having difficulty

jesus christ 10 year olds could beat the game at that point
>>
>>389598528
With KH3 being a PS4 exclusive, I'd like to see them utilize the touch pad for some things. Maybe let you bind custom things to swiping in each of 4 directions or something. Being able to immediately enter a drive form or cast a spell with a simple swipe would be pretty great.
>>
>>389598643
You can parry/guard his thrown sword attack which staggers him or something if I remember right
>>
What QTE are you guys referring to that removes a keyblade? I've done that fight like 8 times now and never had a command prompt show up.
>>
File: bone.png (63KB, 904x203px) Image search: [Google]
bone.png
63KB, 904x203px
>>389598746
It's not a PS4 exclusive. It's coming to Xbox too.

http://www.kingdomhearts.com/3/us/
>>
File: KH3-Xbox-One.jpg (371KB, 1160x653px) Image search: [Google]
KH3-Xbox-One.jpg
371KB, 1160x653px
>>389598746
Kh3 is not a ps4 exclusive you Sony shill.
>>
>>389598746

>KH3
>PS4 exclusive

Dude...
It's coming to Xbone also. Imagine being a faglord that get's to utilize the Kinect for Kingdom Hearts 3.
Yelling "WIND" would be some funny shit.
>>
>>389598969
I think you mean KAZE
>>
>>389599024

"GOOFY!"
>>
All you need at this point is reflega

reflega his lunge attack and combo into a nice long string.
>>
>>389598969
beats trying to open 3 different menus
>>
>>389598643
Ansem Riku was the one boss I had some trouble with in 1.5, too. Once I realized gliding around the outside of the arena was the only way to dodge that rave attack, it made it a lot more manageable.
>>
File: 20170907_203211.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170907_203211.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>389596748
Make sure your equiping growth abilities and leveling them up. Level up your drive forms to unlock them.
>>
>>389598942
>>389598953
>>389598969
Well shit, I didn't know that.

Wait, how does a mistake make me a Sony shill?
>>
>>389596748
Reflect his circle attack, guard his combo and punish with ONE combo (you have enough revenge left for a finishing plus).
That one attack where he warps to the middle and shoots light balls can be avoided by simply running or rolling on the outer edge.
The 1080 slash can be guarded but it's usually his breakout attack so he can't be staggered after
good luck OP, he was a cunt for me too on critical but I still feel your pain
>>
>>389599435
On /v/? Yes. You will now be stalked in every thread you post in, i already PM'd your IP to everyone.
>>
>>389596748
>>389599467
>but he has this bullshit combo that he pulls out of his ass that practically OHKOs me
I forgot to mention that this is the revenge I was talking about. You CANNOT spam X or the (hidden) revenge value will let him break out of your attack and do one of his own, the combo being one of them, this is why you do one combo only each time
>>
Abuse your limit. Normally you have limits with donald/goofy/whatever, but this time you're alone. So you just beat the unholy fuck out of Roxas for a good chunk of damage. Use it once you take his keyblades from him for massive free damage
>>
>>389599704
Interesting. Should I take off the combo plus and air combo plus abilities I have equipped?
>>
>>389600952
No just stop attacking after you use your finisher for the combo. You should have seen how some bosses work in this game they don't like to be comboed forever and usually have ways of getting out of them. Just learn to back off and let the boss do their thing until you find another opportunity. This is without the limits. If you're really lost on him look up some challenge videos that other people beat him with and you could learn a lot from just that. Like what abilities they used.
>>
>>389600952
You should be fine with 1, finishers are where your damage is and too long a combo lets him break out before then. End the fight with thunder as well, much more safer than trying to do one last combo.
>>
Can we talk about how RNG this fight is? It's fun and stylish but he can be some serious bullshit. Sometimes he does a really choreographed very simple to deal with pattern like a dozen times and sometimes he warps around and fucks with you and disables all your commands. Otherwise great fight ruined by shitty inconsistent AI.

inb4 git gud, I beat him (on Critical)
>>
File: lingering will.jpg (136KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lingering will.jpg
136KB, 1920x1080px
>>389602000
fuck forgot pic
>>
>>389596748
There's a trick with limit form you can use for a lot of easy damage
when you use the first finisher, zantetsuken, immediately use last arcanum and keep pressing the triangle button at the designated times and stop at the second to last hit, then hit him once with slapshot, the uppercut move and then immediately last arcanum again

>>389602078
its not RNG
there are points where you get his hp to a certain point where he will always counter
also you have multiple ways of using invincibility frames to your advantage like Dodge roll so no attack should be a threat to you
it only appears he's inconsistent because you panic in the fight and don't calmy assess why he does the things when he does
>>
File: sora v roxas.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
sora v roxas.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>389598643
>I'm either bad or underleveled at this fight though
You definitely aren't underleveled. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: your level doesn't mean jack shit in KH2. The game has minimum and maximum caps on damage output at all points in the game so even at level 1, you still deal decent damage, and with Guard, Reflect, and the various Growth abilities you get from the Drive forms you can avoid anything the enemies throw at you. You just have to understand the boss's patterns and know what options to use to counter them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcFrdv-Itcg
>>
>>389596748

>Block
>Roll
>Use limit form for I frames

Jesus that was hard. Please stop playing games
>>
>>389602000
It's based on certain points in his health bar as well as how many times you hit him with combo finishers. It's not random. It's so complicated though that it's understandable that you thought ti was.
>>
>>389598643
You're bad not underlevled but I don't know f it's even fair to call you bad because a lot of people struggle with this fight their first time through the game.
>>
File: 1343601251250.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1343601251250.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>389596748
Stop mashing X, maybe learn to use Reflect.
>>
>>389596748

First I thought this was data roxas but then I saw you dont have final form.

Not only you are failing an easy fight but you also ruined all the folowings fights by overgrinding(and they are fun)

Congratulations anon
>>
>>389603386
>tfw couldn't beat data xaldin at all
He is such a loathesome cunt. He's easy normally but data xaldin is damn near unkillable
>>
>>389603360
Did she get a bad boob job? She's so lopsided.
>>
>>389602000
He can only disable your commands if you get hit.

Stop getting hit.
>>
File: LoneWickedKoalabear.webm (984KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
LoneWickedKoalabear.webm
984KB, 1280x720px
>>389603617
I think it's just post-pregnancy.
>>
>>389603386
Gotta get huge. It's the only way to play games.
>>
Most people already treat you like a demands and tell you how, but I'll play
>block or reflect
>action commands, the green triangle commands that appear mid battle
>quick run is your friend
>roll is your friend
>level up your drives. In the stat section, if you put the cursor on exp, the game will tell you how to lvl up, otherwise look some guides on YouTube.
> when low health and an emergency, use limit form

Ezpz
>>
>>389603735
Do girls really go swimming with hoop earrings on?
>>
>>389602602
>>389603236
The first attack he does in the fight is literally random. There's randomness all over the fight. Obviously he has a revenge value and his last stand/rage attack but otherwise he just does whatever the fuck he wants. The only other consistency I found is that once he starts doing one attack he tends to keep doing it over and over.
>>
>>389604226
I forget how it works anon but there is a way to get him to act reliably. Look up a youtube video of someone explaining it if you're really interested.
>>
>>389598430
you played this game thinking it was just mashing attack didn't you?
>>
>>389605665
To be fair that gets you by for almost all of the non-Final Mix content.
>>
>>389605665
It carried me to this point just fine. Jump, mash, repeat. It's been a pretty solid attack plan.
>>
>>389605963
If you avoid the early bonus bosses anyway. Aside from Lexeaus, who's quite happy to kill himself with reflect
>>
I had the same trouble as you, but you're honestly way overpowered for this fight now.

I'll tell you how I did it. I think the Keyblade Decisive Pumpkin has negative combo? Equip whatever keyblade has that skill, and quip as many as you have. I only attacked once before my finisher would activate. You can get about 3 finishers before you have to block again, this depletes his life like crazy.

If you can't find the correct distances to cheese the AI, which takes a little bit of practice, then I can see why this would be a difficult fight. He would do a combo that would take me to 1 hp, then spam lazers and Strike Raid.

Im sure everything I said has either already been said, or better strategies have been posted. Figured I'd just let you know how I beat a battle I was stuck on for 3 days.
>>
>>389606452
>>389605963
I forgot about it already, haven't played the game in 5 years now, and all I did was play LV1 critical runs because it was challenging, I still know all the enemies patterns so I might play a run with levels, miss this game at times
>>
>actually having difficulty with Roxas on Normal
There comes a time to get the noose
>>
>>389606924
Oh yeah, forgot to add Limit Form. I can't remember the name, but the skill that makes you zip back and forth in a straight line offers the most invincibility and does tons of damage.

Good luck, it's amazing how the difficulty spikes for that one fight.
>>
>>389596748
>LV64 and can't beat Roxas
Jesus Christ that's around the level I beat Transport to Remembrance

Get good. That's honestly all I can say. You're INCREDIBLY overleveled for this fight.
>>
>>389607096
Agreed. For you, it was 30 seconds before you made that post.
>>
>>389596748
>Playing in any difficulty but Critical and having a hard time
Are you sure you are even holding your controller correctly?
>>
>>389603857
Not only that but some go to pools with make up and heels, and never get in the water. Basically vain hoes trying to show off their bikinis.
>>
>>389598643
You are bad and overleveled. I take it you are playing on Normal? So you are probably just mashing X through fights instead of learning pattern recognition, dodging, rolling and figuring out timing and combo lenght-viability. On top of that, you have reflect, which is straight up broken. I bet you haven't even used summons more than once each, tops.
I really hate how playing on anything but Critical on this game just makes the player become retarded.
>>
>>389598073
>>389597407
More in-depth info on anti-counter because you're very off
http://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Anti_Form
You can use forms four times with 0% risk of getting Anti, but how many points you have is something you have to keep track of to really use

>>389596748
Actual advice for OP, as someone who beat it at LV1.

He always opens the fight with his AoE slash. Reflect, then follow up with a combo. Hit him with two finishers and he should retaliate. Reflect, then follow up with one combo and let him land or retaliate. When he does, he's going to either dash behind you to do the AoE, which you can reflect, or he'll stop and do multiple slashes and dashes, block twice normally, then reflect and follow with a combo.

Repeat this until he does his ultimate attack, wait until you're about to be hit by his first ball thing, then solo trinity limit on him, after the initial attacks don't hit triangle and you'll fall to the ground while invincible due to the limit timer. That timer should last through the whole move and you continue to have control over Sora, letting you setup for the next set of combos and attacks. Repeat this process, use Limit Form to deal damage with Sonic Blade or Raid since you probably don't know how to use Ars Arcanum properly yet, and use ethers to make sure you have mana for Trinity Limit every time he does his ultimate attack.

Should have him cleared within a dozen or so tries doing that.
>>
I beat the game a few weeks ago, I had trouble on that fight as well, but I never used the forms throughout the game so i never got the higher jump, dodge or glide. Yet I beat the roxas fight. Just heal and parry, try and get himto do the attack command where you take his keyblade. It's definitely an RNG fight for some attacks but you should be able to beat him with what you have ingame already.
>>
>>389609516
It's not an RNG fight at all though, if you know how Revenge Value works and pay attention to his movements before he starts attacks, you can literally predict every single move and action he takes.
>>
>>389608548
I'm holding it with the buttons facing the floor, is that not correct?
>>
>>389609649
That's only correct for Armored Core, unless your some kind of casual.
>>
>>389609631
I didn't know that the forms where good and gave the basic movement controls from kh1 until the end of the game, you expect me to know what a revenge value is. Also I worded it wrong saying rng, sorry.
>>
>>389610153
Revenge value is a hidden stat you have to code dive to find. You're not supposed to know about it.

We only know it exists because of speedrunners.
>>
>>389610153
Well I expect you to know something about a game before claiming it's RNG, when in reality you're just bad. Pay attention to his movements, even when he retaliates from revenge value you can see his movements ahead of time and have enough time to throw out a reflect or guard.

>>389610256
You have to code dive to get the exact details, but you can see what's happening in gameplay just over time, especially when you start doing the silhouette/data 13 fights.
>>
>>389610407
Well, like I said, I beat the game and beat that fight by guarding and parrying so I don't know what you keep telling me that for. I'm not op.
>>
>>389610407
And I know this is /v/ and all, but when I say you're just bad, I'm not trying to be a dick about it, it's just that's what's happening. As you get better at the game you'll start to notice patterns in enemy movements and the ways you can predict them a lot more, and start to get a feel for when they're retaliate from your moves
>>
File: 1462073705250.jpg (212KB, 1031x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1462073705250.jpg
212KB, 1031x1600px
>>389610153
Yeah, as a player you're not supposed to know exactly what and how "revenge value" is, but you can think of it as basically just how much hitstun you can deal to an enemy before they break out. If you're having a hard time with a Kingdom Hearts boss, you're probably trying to get off a second combo on them after already hitting a finisher, which you should notice usually doesn't work and ends with you taking hits.
This is all summed up easily though: STOP MASHING X.
>>
>>389610561
To inform you mostly, I mean generally that's what discussion is for, yeah?
>>
>>389610717
Any tips for birth by sleep then? I just started it.
>>
>>389611080
Generally speaking, get to the overpowered command deck abilities like Fission Firaga and Megaflare as fast as you can, find that shit online and make it, then use that and only that for mob fights.

Bosses aren't that much different, most of them don't have stagger and legitimately break out of combos at will regardless of your actions, so to get around that you're gonna want various elemental surges for easy, safe damage. Pack a couple cures or your level equivalent as well and you've beaten the entire game already.

Another thing worth noting, for Ven and Aqua's route, if you're in danger just spam square, their dodges infinitely loop and have i-frames the entire time so you literally cannot be hit until you stop dodging.
>>
>>389611371
Thanks man, sorry for being rude before. Good advice is good advice.
>>
>>389611618
It's chill, also if you decide to go for endgame bosses, get Mine Square too or whatever it's called, and make sure you've got plenty of attack and magic haste abilities to not get fucked because the endgame bosses aren't designed with the same care that went into KH1 and 2's post-game content
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.