[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>born in 1980 >got an Atari the Christmas of 1984 and loved

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: one-on-one_3.png (2KB, 336x240px) Image search: [Google]
one-on-one_3.png
2KB, 336x240px
>born in 1980
>got an Atari the Christmas of 1984 and loved it dearly
>8 year old nephew visits my house
>bust out the Atari and show him some of its games
>he laughs and asks how people ever played games like that

I don't get it, /v/. What changed? If the Atari was good enough for us 80s kids, why do kids today laugh at it?
>>
Because standards change, you moron.
>>
>>389585470
very low quality bait man
>>
Atari games are extremely simple looking and controlling.

There is quite a few fun games though anything the atari does, the arcade or every home console since does better.

Yars Revenge is probably the 1 game id play today.
>>
>>389585796
Yars Revenge was such a fun game.

>>389585531
Respect your elders, child.
>>
>born in 2000 B.C.
>got a cave I used as a house and loved it dearly
>4000 years later my ancestors visit my house
>bust out my bonfire and show them some of my wall paintings
>they laugh and asks how people could live like that
>>
>show off my lightning fast 56k dial up modem to nephew
>he laughs and ask how people ever surfed the internet like that

I don't get it, /v/. What changed? If 56kbit/s was good enough for us 80s kids, why do kids today laugh at it?
>>
>>389586429
>Respect your elders, child.
If you're OP, then we're actually the same age.

To reiterate, standards change, you moron.
>>
>>389585470
> starts thread about atari
> posts picture of c64 version of one on one

?

anyway..

the atari was out of date by 1980. atari was just barely enough for us even then. i'm pushing 40yo, i remember this shit too well. I showed my stepson early atari games and he was shocked (10yo). I showed him other games from the time (arcades running in MAME) and he loved them (from the same time period)

tl;dr:
atari has ALWAYS been shit.
>>
>>389586905
>56kbit/s
>80s

sorry faggot. that didn't happen until the late 90s.
>>
>>389587771
I was 16 in the late 90s so I was still a kid you dolt
>>
>>389587584
Really? I thought early 80s arcade games were basically Atari level. The Atari games with coherent graphics, anyway. Judging by Pac-Land, things had come a long way by 1984 and graphics were no longer in the 1980-1982 Pac-Man and Dig-Dug era.

Not OP, random anon born in 1987.
>>
When I was a kid I had a neighbor who had an Atari and it was just as fun to play Atari games as anything else. Though this was still back in the late 80s so the difference isn't as drastic to the NES games I was playing at the time.
>>
>>389588470
Arcade games were always a generation ahead in graphics and performance compared to the home consoles out at the same time. Home versions of games like Pac-Man were massively reduced in quality during the second console gen, it wasn't until the NES that you had an almost accurate copy of the arcade version.

Home consoles didn't hold a candle to arcade games until after the turn of the century. Consoles finally caught up (more like arcade games slowed down) around the mid 2000s, which coincides with the rapid decline of arcades outside of Japan. Only Japan still pushes for arcade games going beyond what the current generation of console is capable of.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.