[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Apparently, Tyranny got an expansion and a new ending where you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: tyranny[1].jpg (69KB, 780x375px) Image search: [Google]
tyranny[1].jpg
69KB, 780x375px
Apparently, Tyranny got an expansion and a new ending where you get to stay loyal to Kyros.
What is Obsidian thinking? Does anyone care enough about this game to play through it once again?

>Bastard’s Wound will arrive alongside a free update to Tyranny, including new voice-acting, expanded content in the game’s third act, and an all-new path to an unseen ending. What fate awaits those who remain truly loyal to Kyros?
>>
I forgot this game even existed
>>
I really liked Tyranny. Not sure what everyone else's problem with it is.
>>
>>389582307
And apparently the new ending is
>Joke's on you, I've been loyal to Kyros all along!
>Oh, okay then. Pack up lads, no war today.
>>
i tried really hard to force myself through it but i lost interest all the same.
it's shit
>>
>>389582490
This. I thought the premis was super fun, I like combat based crpgs, and I found the arcs to be pretty good. It's in my top 5 of the decade. Which isnt really saying much, considering how much dogshit has been released recently.
>>
>>389582529
wait, wat
does Kyros just go
>oh okay, carry on then
when he learns you don't mean to go to war against him?
>>
>>389582943
Yep.
>>
>>389582719
I finished it but it dindn't leave a lasting impression.

Apart from Kyros, the setting doesn't offer anything new and you never learn anything about him.
The whole
>mass belief = magic
thing is nothing new and even PoE did it.
Combat is plain forgettable.
You can really tell that whoever wrote the companions tried real hard to emulate MCA's special snowflake characters but what worked for Chris-chan feels forced and ultimately uninteresting here.
Nothing is explained about those towers or the monsters in them, they're just there. Even your historian companion didn't seem to wonder where they came from.

I don't get why they bother with fixing that clusterfuck of a non-ending, I was mad at the time but I've already forgotten about it.
>>
>>389582490
RTWP has always been garbage and the third act was barely even there.
That said, I liked it.
>>
>>389582943
>>389584043
>Kyros
>him
>>
Will there be more dlc?
>>
>>389584309
kyros is going to literally be revealed as player character after time shenanigans
If he isnt he then you are a tranny-wannabe
>>
>>389584309
yes, we know, it's, there have been several kyroses and the current one is a girl
>>
>4 man party
Piss me off desu
>>
>>389584452
Tunon says 'she' and he doesn't lie.
>>
>>389582490
I can understand people getting upset that the game ended right at the climax, but honestly it kind of had to. Can you imagine how long the game would be if they actually fleshed out a war against Kyros with different paths like the rest of the game? It would be insanely long assuming they didn't make it tiny and cram it into a single act.
>>
>>389584645
And when you press him on it he says that Kyros is not a she, but he likes to call it that.
>>
>>389582490
I liked it, pirating made the abrupt ending a lot easier to swallow since I didn't pay a dime for it
>>
>>389584718
yeah well, the way it is, it's so short and so uninterested in solving the "mysteries" they put in the game it feels like they were going for an episodic model
>>
>>389584718
Anon, they wrote the story, it wasn't sent to them in a prophetic dream with the command to deliver it to the masses as is. It was their choice to write a story that ended in a retarded, unsatisfying way.
>>
>>389582307
I like Tyranny but I was under impression entire point was that Kyros was plotting all parties to weaken each other so she could wipe them out with minimal resistance?
>>
>>389582307
Will Paradox shit Tyranny up with their DLC policy?
>>
File: 1473923329647.png (96KB, 348x242px) Image search: [Google]
1473923329647.png
96KB, 348x242px
>Tunon's face when he sees my eDICT
>>
>>389585003
He sent two of his problem generals to the same place intending to kill them both but you fucked up his plans.
>>
>>389584937
The sacrificed length for replayability, but it fucked up because they sacrificed too much.
>>389584986
Yeah, you're right. It still would've been torn to pieces, but I wish they at least brought conquest mode back up for a tiny sliver of gameplay for warring against Kyros.
>>
File: 1466648756412.jpg (27KB, 480x1042px) Image search: [Google]
1466648756412.jpg
27KB, 480x1042px
>tunon's face when he declares me innocent
>>
>>389584718
They could always genre shift into an empire sim model. They already genre shifted with the prologue->main story.
>>
>>389585426
>genre shifted with the prologue->main story
how do you mean
just because they added a base building mechanic it's still the same game
>>
>2D graphics from 20 years ago
>enter a building with only one exit
>2 min loading time
>exit the building
>3 min loading time

this game is horribly unoptimized

i like rpgs and this one was fairly ok, but i couldn't stand those stupidly long loading times
>>
>>389582943
Correct. Kyros is a good boy who dindu nuffin. Once the world is conquered there is no more war and everyone is happy.
>>
>>389585745
>good boy
good girl
>>
>>389585389
I was ready for a throwdown and then he goes all groupie on me. He seemed just as surprised as me
>>
>>389585971
it's all those eDICTs you've been throwing around
>>
>>389585779
Just like the tiers are a matriarchy and all the best fighters are women, Obsidian has created a utopia.
>>
>throwing edicts and that resistance leader off your tower
was the only thing that felt satisfying to be honest. The ending felt..fucked. But throwing that final edict at the capital was really really good. That's about the only thing I enjoyed from the game apart from letting you use spear+shield.
>>
>>389585779
>it's not gay if I call it a girl!
>>
>>389585670
this enrages me to no end

i actually liked the visuals on this and PoE, but there's no excuse for the fucking loading screens, all map changes should be instantaneous
other Unity games manage to handle a lot more assets in 3D without a single loading screen past loading your game
>>
File: 20161111014825_1.jpg (312KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161111014825_1.jpg
312KB, 1920x1080px
>>389586218
>Implying women aren't 90% of the characters in Tyranny
Stand aside shitlord, RPGs have a new primary demographic.
>>
>>389586253
I guess that's how you meet deadlines. By erasing optimization from your vocabulary.
>>
>>389586448
You can also brutally murder them. Your point being?
>>
>>389586564
not him but the game just fucking bombards you with
>lol men are weak
lones all the time
>>
>>389586725
doesn't matter since I can play a man and fuck all of them
>>
>>389586817
It's just annoying to have to wade through so much of this this naked political propaganda in popular media these days.
>>
>>389587132
>You can kill all strong women in the game with no repercussions
>One of them even gets so scared of you that she offers to become your slave if you don't kill her
>naked political propaganda
Niggah you dumb as hell
>>
>>389587518
The propaganda is that they are women, retard.
Having the occasional fighty woman is a fantasy trope, but they're always outnumbered by men 20:1 and even that is generous pandering added mostly to keep it from being a full-on sausage fest from beginning to end and to appeal to the occasional, extremely rare IRL who's feigning interest to get easy access to thirsty guys.
If you think having them as straight-up mooks is anything but agenda-pushing then I hope you've got good health insurance because the way your brain is "working" you're probably gonna need it.
>>
>>389587970
>Having the occasional fighty woman is a fantasy trope
Do you know what's also a fantasy trope? having a lot of fighty woman
>>
>>389587132
Is it really propaganda? And are you really wading through it? In the first act you get maybe 2 instances of blatant fem power, both in act 1: one of which you can tell to fuck off before she even talks, and the second you kill her and can enslave the entire town.

Outside of that I can't really think of any feminine aspects of the game- all the main characters are dudes, and everything else is killable. The SJW pandering a lot of people were complaining about in Tyranny is overblown.
>>
File: menacing.png (672KB, 642x480px) Image search: [Google]
menacing.png
672KB, 642x480px
>>389582307
Is the DLC up for pirating already, I kinda feel like making a second run
>>
>>389588102
Not really.
>>
>>389589360
actually it is
>>
I had fun. I didn't even know not betraying Kyros wasn't originally an option, so I thought I was being sneaky as I played through on the Disfavoured path, then, after declaring that first Edict and killing the Voices of Nerat, telling Ashe he and Kyros could go fuck themselves, then skewering him with my electric daggers, and then Bleden Mark, and then Tunon.
>>
>free update
>this garbage costs another 15 dollaridoos
>>
>>389582490
Same. I thought it was a huge step up. My biggest gripe was that there was no loyal ending, and they finally fixed it. I probably will replay it.
>>
> 15 dollars

They should be paying me for my time.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.