[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's this game like, lads? I just picked it up because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: og_image.jpg (240KB, 1200x630px)
og_image.jpg
240KB, 1200x630px
What's this game like, lads?
I just picked it up because I've been curious about it for a while. Apparently it was developed by the guys behind EYE: Divine Cybermancy, and it has a pretty kickass setting and artstyle.
>>
interested too, I know the launch was rocky and TB trashed it pretty hard, but wondering if it got any better after that?

I didn't like that there was like 4 different enemies and that's it... and your level resets after every mission iirc.
>>
>>389581737
Apparently an "Enhanced Edition" is coming out later this year, which is also the console release. It should be packed with more content and shit, who knows? I bought it now because it's 50% off, which is pretty solid.
>>
File: warhammer40klatestgame.png (329KB, 477x516px) Image search: [Google]
warhammer40klatestgame.png
329KB, 477x516px
>>389581383
How can it get better reviews if it's still shit
>>
>>389582482
I'm under the impression it started in a really bad shape and started to get better over time with updates.
>>
>>389581383
Single player, if you're a fan of warhammer 40k, space marines, terminators and the thought of walking around space hulks is appealing. Get it.

If you're expecting an amazing multiplayer experience or want an amazing fps experience, not so much.
>>
It's a worse version of L4D
>Maps consist of 90% corridors and there are no dynamic events
>Weapon balance is non existent
>Melee attacks look janky as hell
>Enemies always charge you in a straight conga line so there is no sense of getting swarmed
>Lore rape
>Terrible optimization
>>
>>389582858
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3RhfXdgMeE

As for how it runs, I don't have a top of the line pc (gtx 1070) and it stuck around 60 fps most of the time. Dips down to the 40s on occasion when lots of stealers on the screen, didn't ruin my experience though.

I think there is a major patch coming in a couple of months too, adding all the additional content and optimizations that were done for the console release.
>>
>>389582858
>shit multiplayer
>from the EYE devs
I blame (((Games Workshop)))
>>
>>389583223
what does GW have to do with the game being shit? there are no game developers at GW, the blame lies solely with the hack devs trying to punch above their weight
>>
>>389581383
It's literally following the same path as EYE:
meaning shit at release then get progressively better with each update.
Last update added the Chaplain which was pretty badass.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/2079952210068653444

>>389583027
>Maps consist of 90% corridors
That and the lack of enemy diversity are to be blamed on GW since the dev only got the license for Space Hulk and nothing else.

>Lore rape
Actually both this game and BFGA are the most faithful 40k game lore-wise.

>>389583338
See above, GW can limit the thing they can do.
>>
>>389583338
They rushed the faggots into developing a shit game because "muh xmas sales" or something.
>>
>>389583768
>space hulk game is shit
>ITS GAMES WORKSHOP'S FAULT WHY DIDN'T THEY GIVE THEM THE LICENCE FOR MORDHEIM AND INQUISITOR AND LOTR AND BLOOD BOWL AND VERMINTIDE AND WORLD OF WARCRAFT

>>389583881
[citation needed]

what is it with indie devs and forever shilling and then defending their shitty games on /v/? deathwing sucked ass, it was a huge blunder and should have bankrupt you niggers
>>
>>389584003
t. GW shill
>>
>>389584003
Dev bought the license for Space Hulk
Space Hulk is literally a game about termie fighting jeanstealer in tight corridors.
There's literally nothing else.
Buying the 40k license is more expensive but would have allowed them to do more things but ironically they wouldn't be able to do a Space Hulk game because of that.
>>
>>389584194
>waahhhhh its games workshop's fault our game sucked!!! they literally programmed in all the bugs and shitty coding!!!!! i have no proof for anything i say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EYE was good!!!!!!!!!!!!
lmao
>>
>>389583768
>the most faithful 40k game lore-wise
>stubber weapons can damage terminator armor
Seems legit
>>
Its Vermintide with a different skin.

Everything in the game feels weak. It doesn't feel like you're shooting giant metal slugs out of what is basically a turret. Taking damage feels shitty too. You feel like a tank until suddenly you lost all your health at once and drop dead like you had a heart attack.
The enemies are lame as fuck and it feels like you might as well be killing packs of pigeons.
>>
>>389584291
>make a space hulk game
>cry that you can't use non space hulk content
REALLY makes you think
>>
>>389584303
>10 Sigmar points have been deposited into your account
>>
>>389584393
Tell that to retard who don't understand that.

>>389584306
Gameplay balance, etc
Also in the 5th edition SM codex Marneus Calgar manange to defeat 100+ Night Lords with only a bunch of farmer armed with pike.
This is official lore.
>>
>>389584392
>You feel like a tank until suddenly you lost all your health at once and drop dead like you had a heart attack.
armor breaks
the flesh is weak
>>
such a terrible game
vermintide and vermintide 2 once again proving definitively that Warhammer Fantasy Battle >>>>>>> shit >>>>>>>>>>>>> WH40K
>>
>>389584901
fuck vermintide and the stupid barrel picking stages, one of the worst experiences in my whole videogame career
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.