[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm running an rx 480 and an i5 and I've seen people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: Cemu.jpg (36KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Cemu.jpg
36KB, 1920x1080px
I'm running an rx 480 and an i5 and I've seen people running 30fps on BOTW but I can't get it so what am I missing here?
>>
A brain.
>>
>>389580346
The "shill aspect".

Since the late 199* EVERY FUCKING video that promotes Emulator was recorded on a way powerful hardware than any average user has.

ePSXe did this, PCSX2 did this, cEmu and RPCSX3 are doing it now.
Same old same old. It just weak and pathetic tactic they never felt needed to be changed. It works.
>>
cemuhook & xalphenos's patch
the graphic packs too
>>
I have a I have a i7 4790k and almost never go over 30, just wait for more optimization patches
>>
You have an amd card.
Cemu was not changed much since release, mening the devs didn't optimize for anything.
This is currently a nvidia only emulator.
Nvidias are less accurate when eulating allowing for better performance out of the box.
If you want an indepth explanation on accuracy and shit go to their leddit and read what the dev said
>>
>>389580346
Upgrade or overclock your CPU.

>>389580641
Fuck off retard there are literally hundreds of different people with videos.
>>
>>389580346
You LITERALLY fell for the meme.
>>
>>389580346
A nvdia card
>>
File: 1501931792579.png (376KB, 844x954px) Image search: [Google]
1501931792579.png
376KB, 844x954px
>>389580346
>rx 480
>>
>>389580839
>This is currently a nvidia only emulator.
Please don't spout bullshit when you have no idea what you are talking about
Thank you
>>
>>389581364
Good luck running it smoothly with amd then laddie.
>>
>>389581507
I already am which is part of why i'm calling you on your bullshit
>>
>>389580346
i have an r5 1600 and a 4gb 760gtx.
im mostly around 40-50 outside and only hit 60 inside of shrines. sometimes animations are janky but framedrops below 30 dont happen to often. im not using cemuhook or a graphicspack. i did tweak the config on the new cemu release a bit. i followed some forum guide on it.
>>
>>389581602
Which is precisely why you posted proof to go with it.
It's not like cemu leddit isn't flooded with people complaining about amd performance and the devs saying it's not good with amd.
No, you know better.
I believe you.
>>
I can run the game at 60 FPS, AMA

Yes I can suck your dick but only if you are cute
>>
>>389581756
I'll never understand salty liars like you.
>>
>>389581838
Which is precisely why you posted proof to go with it.
>>
>>389580346
>he fell for the cemu meme
Lol what a fucking retarded pcbro.
>>
>>389580346
>'an i5'

You need to mention what model you have. an 'i7' 3770k is not the same as an 'i7' 7700k despite both being prefixed with 'i7'.
>>
>>389581620
you got the link for that thread?
>>
>>389581941
>>
>>389581873
He's not me you retard.
> the devs saying it's not good with amd.
Let's see http://cemu.info/ :
>NVIDIA GPU: Runs as expected on most recent driver.
>AMD GPU: Runs as expected on most recent driver

Also people whining on a subreddit means fuckall. People have been complaining about AMD performances for month now, but every single time people get told "that's nothing specific to AMD, it's just the emulator."
Only downside of AMD right now is that you get slightly lower FPS than Nvidia right now on BOTW (3 - 4 less) but that goes completely away with the 60fps patch

Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. You're just repeating opinions that aren't yours, stating "just go to the subreddit and ask if it's true and the people who have this opinions will argue for me".
Cemu devs aren't as fast to fix AMD bugs than Nvidia bugs, but they do indeed fix them as they have multiple times in the past, main one that comes to mind was the Bokoblin eyes causing large stretched pink triangles to appear on the screen
>>
>>389580346
Where do you fags get BOTW.
Only one I see is fitgirl.
Looking into wii u usb helper
>>
>>389582391
Yeah go for Wii U USB helper, it has game + updates + DLC
>>
Why does CEMU sometimes crash after it's finished compiling cache? Really bugs me, otherwise it's pretty good. Managed to do BotW at 4k and 30fps, looks pretty.
>>
>>389582196
Whole lotta words for no proof whatsoever.
Why is posting some fluid gameplay taking you so long?
Just post a video of any amd card running normally in the starter location of xcx, just spin the camera around after making a character
>>
>>389582568
probably ran out of ram
>>
>>389582610
High doubt
>>
>>389582580
refer to>>389581838
>>
>>389582654
Caliing people asking for proof liars won't work laddie.
>>
>>389582051
Are you running a stock cooler/basic paste? If you've got watercooling or a decent air cooler, you could consider overclocking it. People on YT are running BOTW with CPUs like yours. In regards to your GPU (and everyone going on about AMD not being good for CEMU), Nvidia tends to release cards with better single-core power, whereas AMD prioritizes multi-core capabilities. That's why miners buy out AMD GPUs all the time.

Beyond that, what kind of/how much RAM do you have? I have 2x8GB of DDR4 3200mhz ram, for reference. In my opinion, every PC builder should aim for 2x8GB as a starting point these days.
>>
>>389582580
>I don't care about your first hand experience. It runs bad on AMD, i read it on internet!
Why would you bother starting Cemu and recording it just to prove a retard like you wrong?
>>
>>389581293
>>rx 480
he could have a shitty 750ti and he still wouldnt be gpu bound
>>
>>389582885
Well my budget is limited so I'm running 2x4GB 1064mhz
>>
>>389582885
>Nvidia tends to release cards with better single-core power, whereas AMD prioritizes multi-core capabilities
what are you smoking?
gpus have thousands of cores, regardless of nvidia or amd
>>
>>389582885
You have no fucking idea what you're talking about.
>In regards to your GPU (and everyone going on about AMD not being good for CEMU), Nvidia tends to release cards with better single-core power, whereas AMD prioritizes multi-core capabilities.
Just how the fuck does your teenage brain ever reach a conclusion this utterly retarded
How did you manage to think spewing your retarded opinions publicly would be good, are you a masochist that gets on being called a retard?
>>389583714
RAM is irrelevant.
You need to OC your cpu to 4.20GHz minimum, that should be enough to run most cemu games provided you have an nvidia card.
>>
>>389582885
>buy a watercooled eXtreme Edition PC hardware to play this overrated Wiiu game at barely 60 stuttering FPS

see >>389580641
you people never learn
>>
I have a 4690K overclocked to 4.1 GHz and a 970 and shit runs pretty well most of the time. Large bits of water ( like that flooded village ruins ) seems to tank the FPS, but everywhere else it does fine.
>>
File: pickle_rick.jpg (40KB, 413x407px) Image search: [Google]
pickle_rick.jpg
40KB, 413x407px
>>389580346
You got memed into their patreon. It is virtually impossible to play it on CEMU without a $2,000+ rig. And on top of that, it's still a glitchy, unstable mess with a myriad of physics and sould problems. Just buy a Switch.
>>
>>389582467
everywhere I look mapleseed is used for updates.
>>
File: 1365633356184.jpg (228KB, 916x920px) Image search: [Google]
1365633356184.jpg
228KB, 916x920px
I'm getting a constant 30fps with absolutely no crashes, glitches, or weird bugs.

Playing on the Switch. Did I mention I can play it in bed too?
>>
>>389580346
I think it has something to do with specific AMD cards. I've got an i5 4690k at 4ghz, and an r9 380.

I'm running the hook, and the new fps patch, still can't get over 20 fps in the overworld.
>>
>>389585123
Not specific, amd in general.
The devs didn't bother to develop the emulator much, so out of the box nvidia will run fine while amd will run subpar.
This is the case with every emulator at the starting stages of edvelopment.
With amd you get accurate emulation that will run badly, with nvidia you get inaccurate emulation that will run better since there is less work.
As emulators develop both cards will become similar, nvidia will get patched accuracy and amd the performance coming from developing the emulator itself.
This is cemu though so it will be a really long time considering the devs did nothing so far and are retarded enough to not use vulkan.
>>
>>389585662
>considering the devs did nothing so far
Are you the same idiot that claimed AMD cards ran Cemu like shit?
Regardless the claim is wrong, cemu devs have focused on fixing AMD bugs multiple times in the past. They're much rarer though so it doesn't happen much.
>>
File: cemu1.9.1_1080p_ganon's horse.jpg (625KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cemu1.9.1_1080p_ganon's horse.jpg
625KB, 1920x1080px
>>389580346
1. is your GPU buffer accuracy set to Low?
2. are you building up a shadercache from scratch right now?
3. did you update BotW to 1.3.0+ and using the new "FPS ++" patch?
>>
>>389585817
>Are you the same idiot that claimed AMD cards ran Cemu like shit?
It's not a claim but a well known fact.
To anyone with anamd card, or anyone that bothered to look it up.
>They're much rarer though so it doesn't happen much.
Good job on reding comprehension my teenage friend. This is what is commonly referred to as "accuracy".
And the devs have no developed the emulator much, they mostly fix really noticeable issues like flickering or triangle explosions, the core emulator saw barely any improvements and the performance stays similar to what it was a long time ago.
The community, however did do some work on improving performance, especially with zelda.
The devs being utterly incompetent is not something alien to cemu community, they did "accidentaly" release an inhouse version that more than doubled performance and then proceeded to try to wipe it from existance.
>>
>>389584707
Imagine all the people who have ruined the experience of this game by 'playing' it on a shitty Wii U emulator.
>>
>>389586330
>they did "accidentaly" release an inhouse version that more than doubled performance and then proceeded to try to wipe it from existance.

let's see that source, friend-o
>>
>>389586330
>It's not a claim but a well known fact.
Your opinion does not count as fact. You have an Nvidia card so you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about and your opinion is as such completely irrelevant.You're just spouting bullshit that you heard.
>>
File: 1485556594323m.jpg (116KB, 801x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485556594323m.jpg
116KB, 801x1024px
>>389583935
>>389584005
>tfw tired and made stupid statement
>come back to four responses

I was still thinking about CPU threading performance when I made my GPU statement. My brain blended information, though Nvidia != Intel( and didn't Ryzen beat Intel's latest CPUs in both single and multithreading performance?).

At least this is an anonymous imageboard, and you'll never know if you're talking to me or not ever again ;^)
>>
>>389586859
>Ryzen beat Intel's latest CPUs in both single
no
>>
>>389586719
I have both an nvidia and an amd card.
And it is a fact, supported by the developer themselves on their own leddit, an easy to do google search, the official general AMD topic made by the dev on their own leddit and a horde of people with amd that can experience this themselves and have written so many complains the dev had to make a general AMD thread just for them.
It is easy to disprove, just post a video with an amd card running it well.
>>
>>389587010
>I have both an nvidia and an amd card.
But you only run Cemu (if you do in the first place) on the Nvidia one, otherwise you wouldn't keep repeating bullshit that you heard on reddit
>It is easy to disprove, just post a video with an amd card running it well.
It's easy to "prove" your claim, just run the game on your AMD card to see how worse it runs it than the Nvidia one.

>made by the dev on their own leddit and a horde of people with amd that can experience this themselves and have written so many complains the dev had to make a general AMD thread just for them.
I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about:
The devs do not talk in reddit, except for very few rare occasions. They use discord for communication, even when showcasing picture or video content
The only vendor-specific threads i have ever seen on the cemu subreddit are Nvidia-related ones, both to talk about the shader massive RAM usage and the optimal Nvidia game profile for the game to run as good as possible

I don't know why someone would lie like that.
>>
>>389580764
xalpheno's breaks more than it fixes. Fucks arrows, damage taken, armor rating, stamina bar and so on.

The game does feel very good at 60 fps though, but I had to delete this shit as my damage taken grew to 5 hearts instead of 1/4 of one like it should be.
>>
>>389584707
now plug that switch in so the picture is on your tv. Where is your 30fps now?
>>
>>389584461
But I've already played it on Wii U and want to play the superior version in 4K constant 30FPS.
>>
I just want stable 30 fps.
>>
>>389587773
Don't forget your character randomly freezes during an open world load, longer the game runs longer the loading screen, extra long texture and object loading.

Trying to farm dragons with this patch is such a hassle with the 1 minute loading between campfires.
>>
>>389590038
>1 minute loading between campfires.
I've yet to encounter this, but I do get momentarily freezing (rarely) when the game autosaves.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.