[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animal Crossing. Do you guys reset the game if you get a villagers/fruit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: ACNL_peartree.png (58KB, 164x202px) Image search: [Google]
ACNL_peartree.png
58KB, 164x202px
Animal Crossing. Do you guys reset the game if you get a villagers/fruit you didn't like?
>>
i reset this shitty game when someones house popped up right in my front yard.
>>
Nah. It's pretty easy to get the other fruit in New leaf
>>
Villagers?
No because it's only 3 or 4 at the beginning anyway
Fruit? Yes, also when the town has a shitty layout.
>>
I only really reset when the town layout is bad. And also I keep forgetting that they build a new bridge later on so I'm always annoyed because the town layout is always annoying without the bridge you need
>>
Absolutely not. You should aim to get every kind of fruit. All native fruit sucks regardless since its worth less. Villagers used to be easier to drive out of your town but New Leaf neutered the social system frankly so its a bit more of a pain in the ass so I'm not sure what I'd do with that.
>>
>>389574918
How do you drive villagers out of your town? N need to get rid of a few prissy bitches. Do you just hit them with your net a bunch or what
>>
I've reset my New Leaf town twice because I had to put the game down for actual real life shit and got fucked with my favorite villagers leaving. Didn't feel like trying to get them again and begging on forums and shit so just nuked the fucker. Oddly it's a nice but also shitty feeling starting from scratch again.
>>
>>389575093
It used to be a mix of just being rude to them, hitting them, pushing them, etc.

In New Leaf being rude is nearly impossible though. Everyone just kind of likes you for no reason and the interactions are far less dynamic compared to like Wild World or City Folk.

I don't really have a clue how to get rid of them now. I'd suppose hitting them would still help maybe.
>>
I've had the same village in New Leaf since I got the game 4 years ago
>>
I'm surprised someone hasn't made an "indie" version of this.
>>
I reset for a good town layout. I also can't stand triangle grass for some reason so I'll reset immediately if I see triangle grass. My current village, I reset for a couple of days trying to get the perfect layout. I got one I like and I ended up getting my most favorite villager. Worked out well for me.
>>
Never played an animal crossing game before, but always been intrigued. Unfortunately it seems my only option to play them is a WiiU, which leaves only City folk.
>>
>>389574645
I reset if I don't like the town layout when starting, you can get all fruits and villagers you want later on
>>
>>389574645
you can get every fruit pretty much over time. house placement for new villagers suck, but there are ways to help lock them into certain areas in your town.

>>389575093
>>389575262
fucking with them doesn't do anything unfortunately. best thing is to just not talk to them and hope that they are the chosen villager to contemplate moving out. I think it's like every 2 weeks when one will ping and tell you they are thinking of moving.
>>
>>389575918
>wiiu
nigger just softmod your wiiu and get the comfy gamecube version
>>
>>389574776
you can place public works projects and/or designs where you don't want people moving in.
>>
>>389576126
>to contemplate moving out
Speaking of which, how does that work. I've had one villager "contemplate" moving out since I fucking started the game, and different characters have moved out during her contemplation time.
>>
>>389576128
Got a guide on that?
Also does it work with the most recent update? I'd like to play gamecube stuff on my gamepad.
>>
>>389576128
Yeah maybe. Seems like a bother for only one game though.
>>
>>389576423
keep doing things for ones you want to keep. you know when they talk to you, ask for a favor, and that ping sound happens? do those types of things for them. it helps lessen the chances of them leaving. also having a good town rating helps.
>>
>>389576476
I don't have a guide since I only have a regular wii, but guides should be easy to find, and I'm assuming it's as easy to softmod a wiiu as it is a wii, which is very.
>>
>>389575093
Just treat them like normal including talking to them. You want them to ping you if they are moving so you can know for sure who's leaving and they won't do that if you don't speak to them for a while. Also, the last one to move in won't move until someone else moves in after them.

If you time travel, wait until a villager pings you to move. If it's a character you want to stay, tell them to stay, save, and quit. Ask Isabelle to change the time in the options menu and set the clock forward a month. Talk to all the animals, then save, quit, and restart. Walk around until you get pinged. Usually the villager who's moving will be the first to ping you. If they aren't, just save, quit, and restart until the mover pings you. Repeat all of that until the villagers you want to move are gone. It's fairly easy and fool proof. You won't lose your favorites.

Just don't forget to change the year if you do this when you move from December to January if it takes you that long. If you don't move the year forward it'll count as going backward one day and will ruin everything.
>>
>>389576476
Remember how you have to start a Wii mode to play Wii games on the WiiU? that's the part that you soft mod so the software version of the WiiU is irrelevant, I'm pretty sure that part never got updated so you should be able to soft mod it no problem.
>>
>>389574645
I reset new leaf several hundred times until I got bob
>>
>You're so shit at video games that you have to reroll in fucking animal crossing
how?
>>
>endgame is hunting scarabs in the island
>>
>>389579903
By getting a bunch of fat shitty villagers like the manchild elephant who refuses to move but your favourite ones such as Blair move out during the week you didn't play.
>>
File: heavy breathing.gif (160KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
heavy breathing.gif
160KB, 200x200px
>>389575262

The interactions in NL were a step up from what was in CF, but they still need work. Why hasn't Nintendo realized that a game like this needs as much variety as physically possible in every aspect?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.