[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the ice has melted are you ready to admit that Wrath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 28

Now that the ice has melted are you ready to admit that Wrath was the best expansion and the pinnacle of WoW entertainment?
>>
my nigga
>>
healing was dumb because there was no mana management, apart from on some gimmick hard modes

tier 7 was fun
ulduar was goat
ToC was shit
ToC made me quit the game so i never played ICC
>>
>>389574553
BC
>>
File: 20170907_154434.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170907_154434.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
Icecrown has my mains, but these queue times are insane, I was 1127 a little over an hour ago.
>>
Its literally so good Game of Normies has to rip their story off from it.
>>
It was great since it was the expansion that finally took steps to make raiding skill-based

MoP is still the pinnacle of WoW, though.
>>
>>389574553
ofc man best pvp ever
pandaria second for sure
>>
>>389574553
Wrath was just whent he majority of kids started playing, so the percentage of people who think its "the best expansion" is higher and so you see more discussion and people claiming it.

TL;DR youre a faggot ass wrathbabby who got into WoW because you saw it on South Park.
>>
>>389574553
It was fun, but it was also where the balance between Anti frustration and Casualisation started to tip to casuals.
Badge loot turned from supplementing heroics and early raids into welfare top end raid tier.
dungeon finder turned from a notice board into a brainless autofinder
Heroics turned from difficult and requiring management up until BT and Sunwell gear to brainless facerolls
Flying mounts were treated as just another thing, rather than an implementation to be specifically designed around
hand held PVP got even more pandered too, which killed world PVP even further
Factions became utterly meaningless since by the time you could earn their decent gear you'd be mostly geared up in epics anyway

It did have some nice quests and a brilliant cinematic though.
>>
>>389575816
>Heroics turned from difficult and requiring management up until BT and Sunwell gear to brainless facerolls
at least they tried to introduce a couple of more difficult heroics in the ICC patch
>>
>>389574553
For expansions it was Burning Crusade as the Vanilla content was still useful and actually needed in Raid farming.
Vanilla was the peak of WoW at the point where the world was it's established point and height of usage. Every "expansion" nullifies the world before it, therefore not really expanding upon the world. Just shrinking the map size each time and making excuses. Cataclysm tried to bring back old world content, but didn't realized what made that great and instead destroyed it all in a pyre to wipe the image of the old development team.
>>
>brh bhra hgra I'm a wrathbaby brkawjdaw
kill yourself millenial
>>
any wotlk private servers that are alive? just not x1 plz. i wanna make a funny char for killing ppl in borean tundra.
>>
>>389576045
The slave Pit one had some nice bosses, but the others were just more of the same but with higher stats.
Magister's terrace was a difficulty spike done right
>>
BC and Wotlk were the only expansions where I would start to play and not once get bored. Pve was fun Arena was fun Battlegrounds were fun fuck even world Pvp was fun.
>>
>>389574553
>reused assets: the expansion
>>
>>389574553
Ah pre-cata. Back when PvE levelling was challenging and fun.
>>
>cozy sweater and hot chocolate while you fly around storm peaks looking for the TLPD
>ulduar
>soothing dalaran music
>alextraszas beautiful body
>armor pen stacking shenanigans
I loved it lads.
>>
>>389576410
the last one was pretty fun, actually required some CC and the escape form the lich king sequence was interesting
>>
>>389576045
>The Forge of Souls
>two pushover bosses
>hard
>Pit of Saron
Atleast people had to think on two bosses but anyway
>hard
>Halls of Reflection
>stand behind corners: the bosses
>stand behind LK until they patched it
>hard
Really made my paladin tank think
>>
>>389575225
they say that icecrown is 7x rate but it feels like 1x rate? am i missing something
>>
>>389576647
Leveling challenging ever, yeah no fuck off.
>>
>itt nostalgiafags whose first expansion was wotlk
>completely unable to objectively judge
/v/
>>
>>389577853
>Play since Vanilla
>Wrath is my favourite.
What now, fuckboy?
>>
>>389577960
>liking wotlk
UGH opinion discarted
>>
>>389577960
>first exp was wotlk
>also played on bc and vanilla private servers
>"umm I play since vanilla"
Ok kid
>>
>>389574553
Nah. MoP and Legion are better in terms of content, but for its time, it was easily the best on the market.

WoTLK endgame was Daily quests, daily dungeons, and raiding. The flavor was good, the dificulty was a bit light, and ultimately while it set the standard, I don't think it did it the best. I'm enjoying Legion more than WoTLK currently, and I've been hopping between retail and Lordaeron for the last year.
>>
File: Supes Feelings.png (725KB, 978x683px) Image search: [Google]
Supes Feelings.png
725KB, 978x683px
>>389578189
>Private servers
Wrong.
>>
>>389578303
>legion
>dailies
>content
>>
why dont you people screaming wrathbaby start linking your multi r1 armory and seasoned top end pve characters. can't do it can you?
>>
File: Michael_Jordan_crying.jpg (11KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Jordan_crying.jpg
11KB, 220x293px
>mfw i will never ever experience killing Keal'thas with my guild during BC again.

Burning crusade was the fucking best. All you Wrathbabbies need to fuck off.
>>
>>389576342
wow circle
>>
>>389578817
Killing Kael'thas was a mistake.
>>
>>389574553
no wotlk was shit. Nothing to do outside of raiding unless you consider 3 daily quests for a fishing pole or a 1% chance for a green drake.

heroic was a cake walk

out of the first 3 raids 2 of them was 1 room with 1 dragon boss in it and the other was a copy pasted vanilla raid

ulduar was sick as fuck but introduced lore elements that would eventually turn wc3 into warhammer 40k

rest of the expansion was a cluster fuck with LFR being introduced and epic gear dropping in piss easy "heroics" and even normals
>>
File: angry-emoji-clipart-5.jpg (23KB, 500x476px) Image search: [Google]
angry-emoji-clipart-5.jpg
23KB, 500x476px
Name me one fucking thing WOTLK did better then BC?

NAME ME FUCKING ONE?
>>
>>389578923
>implying he won't burst out of a closet after you defeat Sargeras, or whatever shit they pull out their ass to supplant him as BBEG, claiming it was all just a setback
>>
>>389579087
Kael'thas should be a good guy.
>>
agreed
>>
>>389579064
Fun
>>
Do you still remember the good times /v/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvW-QTiZLQ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CUGauMEWJg
>>
>>389579263
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzzdH5i-P3w
>>
>>389579263
fuck

i wanna be a noob kid again
>>
>>389575793
That would be BC since it was still vanilla when that episode aired.
>>
Wrath was the best the game had ever been, and was the first time the game went from 'pretty good' to fantastic.

TBC was fucking garbage. Ugly zones, stupid lore (Lol Kaelthas is super evil now guise XDDD) and the sheer cancer that was Blood Elves and Draenei, both of whom were retconned so fucking hard it wasnt even funny.

Wrath was when the lore went from shit-tier to god-tier. The raids were great, if somewhat easy to start with. Ulduar is the best raid ever made, before or since. ToC wasnt as bad as a lot of people say, the bosses were still unique and I personally enjoyed how I didnt have to deal with trash pulls in between each one.

Then Arthas was a great villain, Death Knights were fun as fuck, Wintergrasp was a really cool clusterfuck PvP zone, and the quests in Northrend were 10/10.

Then Cata went and shit all over everything and the fun train stopped.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>389579263
This video actually blew my small childlike mind away when i saw this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNjH4gIiHxo
>>
>>389578728
Dailies were just as relevant, if not more relevant in WoTLK, as well, dungeons didn't scale and were rendered irrelevant quickly if you were raiding.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsFpfQC_FME
Remember when WoW was full of mystery and adventure?
The world felt so huge back then.
>>
File: pcxw7fv3vh3lyqhhsyvu.jpg (265KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
pcxw7fv3vh3lyqhhsyvu.jpg
265KB, 1600x900px
Elysium is actually really fun to play.

But /v/ still hates it.

What happened?
>>
I've never played, but from what others have said over the years, isn't this basically the general consensus?
>>
Cataclysm was the best the game had ever been, and was the first time the game went from 'pretty good' to fantastic.

WotLK was fucking garbage. Ugly zones, stupid lore (Lol Arthas is super evil now guise XDDD) and the sheer cancer that was Death Knights and Paladins, both of whom were retconned so fucking hard it wasnt even funny.

Cataclysm was when the lore went from shit-tier to god-tier. The raids were great, if somewhat easy to start with. BWD is the best raid ever made, before or since. BoT wasnt as bad as a lot of people say, the bosses were still unique and I personally enjoyed how I didnt have to deal with trash pulls in between each one.

Then Deathwing was a great villain, Warriors were fun as fuck, Tol Barad was a really cool clusterfuck PvP zone, and the quests in Hyjal were 10/10.

Then MoP went and shit all over everything and the fun train stopped.
>>
>>389579064
story, world design, gear design, character writing, pvp
>>
>>389574553
Not much to do in WoTLK though. HCs were useless and raids were easy and short.

I suppose it was casual babby paradise.
>>
File: wow-legion-e1468344674736.jpg (161KB, 1280x725px) Image search: [Google]
wow-legion-e1468344674736.jpg
161KB, 1280x725px
Does anyone else also actually think Legion might actually be the best expansion. I mean i played during BC but Legion is pretty fucking good. I mean it has to be at least in the top 3
>>
>>389580115
>story
Fucked up version of the original wc3 lore
>world design
Lel snow xd
>gear design
I agree
>character writing
???
>pvp
???
>>
>>389577271
you are playing on lordaeron
>>
>>389580062
MoP was the most fun expansion though.
>>
>>389580062
>people liking cata
haha what a meme
>>
File: Rc9hobB.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Rc9hobB.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
BC > Vanilla > Legion > Wrath > Mop > Cata > WOD
>>
>Integrated quest helper, turning questing from "Read where the quest tells you to go, explore the zone, and do the quest" to "Just go to the circle on your map and kill 10 mobs"
>Dungeons became completely faceroll, even heroics
There's a reason why everyone call you Wrathbabies.
>>
>>389580312
>>389580285
That was literally the same text as >>389579570 but 1 expansion further you dumb newfags
>>
>>389579064
one indisputable thing:
most of specs actually became usable and fun to play instead of 1 button mash

oh and dual spec
if you dislike dual spec you're literal autist
>>
File: 1504475309763.png (408KB, 447x591px) Image search: [Google]
1504475309763.png
408KB, 447x591px
To me Legion, MoP, start of Cata and WoTLK and TBC are the best expansions so far.

All of them have been good apart from WoD and maybe Cata.

Cata is weird, I think they put to much time into the old world and cut too much from max level.

WoD is what a very bad bad bad expansion looks like.

No content.
>>
>>389580321
BC > Vanilla > Wrath > MoP > The rest doesn't count because they're all so shit, but in their own way.
>>
>>389580196
Wotlk didn't introduce the Naaru, it's story is automatically better than TBC

Wotlk didn't turn Kaelthas evil in the dumbest way possible, it's character writing is automatically better than TBC

Wotlk didn't try to balance everything around 2v2, it's pvp is automatically better than TBC
>>
Besides the pandaren part, I thought MoP was a really good expansion too. I can't give many specific reasons but it just FELT good
>>
>>389580027
It was really fun for the week they were using a working core
Within 5 minutes of play the day after changing it my Voidwalker ran straight through the floor and quit

And no, I don't give a shit if they eventually changed it back; there's no reason to ever play a private server behind the curve
>>
>>389580321
what's thats scale? content or what? legion is the least fun i had in a video game ever
>>
>>389580496
t never played them
>>
>>389580496
What's bad with Legion? Not mad I legitimately want to hear your thoughts
>>
>>389580321
Legion > Cataclysm > BC > Vanilla > Cata > Mop > WOD > Wrath
Pretty much
>>
File: 14kblhv.jpg (20KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
14kblhv.jpg
20KB, 500x357px
I actually raided Naxx in vanilla

How though are you /v/?
>>
File: 0iVMh.gif (769KB, 390x293px) Image search: [Google]
0iVMh.gif
769KB, 390x293px
>>389580734
I have never played WoW
>>
>>389575080
ICC was great but was letdown by the whole "run the same content through 4 different difficulties" that ToC brought to the table.
Ulduar got it right with hardmodes being how how you approached the fight, rather than just flipping a switch to heroic
>>
>>389580176
No.
>Story is boring, the zones don't really focus on the LEGION but more on their personal problems
>RNG for every little thing
>Profession progression is stupid
>World Boss rotation is broken
>Artifact relics are literally just glyphs
>They removed glyphs
>Minimal story content for Broken Shore if any
>Argus questlines are incredibly short and shallow
>>
>>389574553
Man I wish there was a fresh, normal WotLK pserver right now.
Warmane's ICC is progressed garbage, its no fun to play catchup.
Their lordaeron is "hardcore" bullshit where you cant play half the specs because they are 5% weaker.
And other wotlk servers dont have good population.
>>
>>389580734
/v/'s first raid was naxx too, except it was in wotlk
>>
>>389580734
Was server first to get a mount on bloodelf
>>
>>389575225
>horde
Too bad you're not alliance, could have played with you then.
>>
Wrath did have the best cinematic trailer
This shit is still the best cinematic trailer i have ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCr7y4SLhck
>>
>>389581352
He's 20 minutes into the game you retard look at his lvl
>>
File: saJEu.png (87KB, 521x533px) Image search: [Google]
saJEu.png
87KB, 521x533px
So does /v/ play alliance or horde?
>>
File: Bolvar_Fordragon_comic.jpg (430KB, 961x1135px) Image search: [Google]
Bolvar_Fordragon_comic.jpg
430KB, 961x1135px
When are we getting the second nostalgia cash in with this motherfucker?
>>
>>389581537
It's been 14 years, everybody has played both.
>>
File: 1333009104214.jpg (127KB, 567x513px) Image search: [Google]
1333009104214.jpg
127KB, 567x513px
>>389580734
Sever second Rag kill
>>
>>389581571

NEVER because blizzard will give the END TIMES AOS treatment to warcraft soon

>because reboots gffs moar money
>>
>>389575372
>Its literally so good Game of Normies has to rip their story off from it.

holy fucking shit....
>>
>>389581708
WoW 2 would be cool
>>
>>389581571
he is gonna get CORRUPTEDâ„¢ soon by the helmet, sorry bro
>>
>>389581662
HA!

i actually lold'
>>
>>389581805
He seems pretty fucking corrupted already
>>
>>389581421
I disagree, wotlk started the downfall of trailers.
They started focusing on main characters in the story, instead of "players" like in Vanilla/TBC.
Vanilla and TBC gloriously showed the classes and races, with TBC one adding the spice with Illidan at the end.
TBC was the best one
>>
File: newdances.jpg (15KB, 580x218px) Image search: [Google]
newdances.jpg
15KB, 580x218px
You guys ever get that uh... dance studio?
>>
>>389582034
nono wotlk was the best, and they should have ended the game there, they fucked up with everything else
except pandaria
>>
>>389582132
not giving reason why its the best...
if its arthas cocksucking then thats bad reason
>>
i love the mechano hog and the multi seat mammoths. used to help lowbies in azeroth get around in the crossroads and such.
>>
>>389581708

>warcraft End times, Void starts to devour warcraft multiverse
>Anduin goes full Sigmar on the void's Ass
>Warcraft reboots back to First war Period since they need a RTS to replace SC2
>WoW2 gets released after War 4

>>389582034
dude, TBC was SO FUCKING bad that blizzard retconned it to oblivion, even metzen and the oldfags there admitted it

even HOTS kael is the old Kael instead off "hurr KJ seduced me and i became evul" from TBC
And the only fucking reason that they didnt brought arthas back or even Killed WoW after wrath was because Activision, vivendi and Jewkotic ordered them to continue because of the FUCKHUEGE peak of player that wow had during wrath

AND SINCE THEN BLIZZARD MANAGED TO RETRIEVE THOSE 20mi PLAYERS BACK, Said 20mi players who played Wrath because of Warcraft 3 AND FUCKING DOTA
>>
>>389582132
>except pandaria
That's a typical wotlksucker right here
Get back to gayddit
>>
ZG-AQ era vanilla wow > early cata > all of Mist except the last tier > [the rest] >>>>>> late cata >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> WoD
>>
File: 003.jpg (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
107KB, 1024x768px
>>389574553
Wrath had best raiding, before they finally killed off double lockouts and made 27 different difficulties that trivialized the sense of achievement
BC had best 5 mans, before they added group finder, killed off the threat mechanic, and turned the gameplay into something more like super smash bros.
Vanilla had best pve & pvp, before they killed off server communities by making transfers trivial, where the gameplay emerged 'organically' because you had to go figure out the best way to gather money and mats and shit yourself instead of just mindlessly doing dailies or instances. 40 man raids were also way cooler than 25m raids conceptually, even if the actual complexity of the encounters was low and the difficulty was mostly from lacking gear or just finding hopefully 40 people who weren't retarded and keeping them together long enough for you to clear content before your thunderfury-wielding tank got sniped by a bigger guild. vanilla was mostly fun because everything was so chaotic and unbalanced. even days-long AV matches with arcane explosion suicide bombing and shit while trash talking each other on irc was great.

Barely remember anything after wrath, honestly. Cata was easily the worst expansion, even if the 5 man content was pretty fun before they nerfed the shit out of it. MoP was even more forgettable. WoD was like a half-remembered dream.

Legion is probably the best expansion since wrath. They still managed to fuck a lot of shit up though.
>>
>>389582316
>muh furries
oh fuck off, you just hate for hate, that was the best theme for the best expansion
>>
>>389582840
>40 mans were good conceptually except for all the dumb bullshit that made them terrible in actuality

okay
>>
>>389580734

I downed Razorgore, as horde.
>>
>>389582892
wat
>>389582587
im talking about trailer you autist, not expansion

HotS uses the characters from their most memorable times usually, and for Kael that would be WC3, not short period where he went mad
and you're deluding yourself if you think if blizzard stayed by itself they wouldn't continue with wow, its their biggest cashcow and pillar of company
>>
>>389580734
I was instrumental along with one other individual in catching one of the most nefarious villains on the server which involved tying up multiple plot points relatively centrifugal to a few guilds. Yeah it was RP, but fuck you, it was fun and the culmination of of more than a few months of stories.

I also did some other funny shit revolving around ERP but it's almost bloggy and everyone has ERP stories.
>>
>>389582840
>Wrath had the best raiding
But the only good raid was Ulduar.
>>
>>389583261
wait wrong quote

>>389582892 >>>>389582708
>>
>>389583261

AND FUCKING BLIZZARD STATED ALTEADY THAT THE ENTIETY OF TBC(BOSS, RAIDS, EVERYTHING) WAS A FUCKING MISTAKE

FUCKING /d/WEEB /v/IRGINS
>>
>>389582840
>AV introduced
>massive 40 v 40 blobs
>people just pile drived into each other head on
>intimating shout had no max fear amount
>dick-ass rogues camping for that random level 51 who goes the mines
>"mind controls you off the bridge"
>virgin faction smart enough to farm mats and summon their frost lords while the other side has never heard of mats in their life
>someone randomly killing the npcs and an epic drops and 40 people roll need
>hardpacked snowball
>matches last for literal days to maybe even a week

Good times
>>
>>389583026
yeah dumb shit that isn't inherent to their size. you still had complex encounters. like razorgore as horde, at least the way we did it was hilarious; mages running clockwise around the room aggroing spawns with fire blast and kiting them around earthbind totems like a carousel. even c'thun or four assholes or kel'thuzad were pretty hard. and for thaddeus all you needed was one retard or shitter with unreliable connection to fuck the entire raid over. etc. what made raiding in vanilla so grueling was how all the loot was RNG and the bosses barely dropped anything so you needed to farm for months to progress even a little, never mind the bullshit that was the warrior set in naxx and how many guilds that killed by stealing their MTs. and of course the need to farm like 10 stacks of 20 different types of stacking consumables for every raid. that's not even mentioning the world buffs.

point is, you can have hard content with 40 people. they just killed 40ms prematurely because they though making raids for that many people was too hard or something
>>
>>389583360
I really liked TotC
My guild got WORLD FIRST 10 man heroic val'kyrs. Because every non-shit guild was obviously raiding 25m... but we didn't have enough people online...
>>
>>389583936
>how all the loot was RNG

If there was ANYTHING that got me salty during vanilla raiding it was this.

>40 fucking people
>kill raid boss
>drops loot for the literal opposite faction with no recourse than disenchanting

Other than that it was cool.
>>
>>389574553
Ulduar was pinnacle
>>
>>389582840
>Wrath had best raiding
Top kek.

The first tier of raids; naxx and EoE in wrath were so badly undertuned I almost quit. And then there's ToC and the Ruby what?

The only saving grace of raiding in wrath was Ulduar. Even ICC was mostly forgettable apart from a few fights.
>>
>>389574553
...Yes. But I think it's more of a case of Cataclysm irreversibly shitting up the game mechanics for future expansions than it is any deficiency on Mist's part.
>>
>>389583936
>>389583026
>>389582840
40 people might feel epic, but honestly it was never ever worth the fucking effort of getting 40 people come to raids evening after evening. That's a ridiculous amount. The later raids they did with 20 or 15 were much more doable, and the flex size they have now is really nice.
>>
>>389580992
>>Story is boring, the zones don't really focus on the LEGION but more on their personal problems

did you just not play past release day or something
>>
>>389579064
TBC has the edge because the community was better, but Outland was fucking awful. Looked nice, played like shit.
>>
>>389574553
No you stupid Wrathbabby, BC was better.
>>
File: 076_2.jpg (337KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
076_2.jpg
337KB, 1280x1024px
>>389583893
>roll engineering for the hats to keep safe from the armies of lurking world pvp rogues who kept hunting people to put in their leet pvp videos
>find out the MC hat works on korrak the bloodrager
>on-cooldown, MC the guy and send him straight into the alliance horde with the same guy as the target every time
eat shit Imladris
still remember that motherfucker to this day
>>
File: sophisticated adults.jpg (43KB, 255x233px) Image search: [Google]
sophisticated adults.jpg
43KB, 255x233px
TBC > MoP > Legion > WotLK >> Cataclysm >>> WoD
>>
WotLK > TBC > Vanilla > WoD > Legion > Cataclysm > MoP
>>
>>389584931
you didn't play anything past WotLK did you
>>
>Vanilla
>Server community
>Could legit have a chance to group with randoms, have a good time, become friends and join guilds organically
>world pvp was around

>Joining any guild now with the intention of raiding is like going through a fucking job interview.

To be fair this was around in Vanilla too, but now you cant avoid it at all.
>>
>>389585095
>>Joining any guild now with the intention of raiding is like going through a fucking job interview.

Really? I've joined multiple guilds that just look for fairly casual players and done three Mythic ToS bosses through that

Almost anyone can raid Heroic, you just need voice comms
>>
>>389585095
>Could legit have a chance to group with randoms, have a good time, become friends and join guilds organically

Literally how I joined my guild

>random UD strat group
>shooting the shit having a good time
>know how to rub two sticks together and do a good job
>"hey we got a spot open and we're raiding tonight"

Rest was history, we never made it past Naxx 40 but was a hell of a good time.
>>
>>389585346
>we never made it past Naxx 40

I'd be impressed if you did, there was nothing past that
>>
>>389584568
Azsuna
>Oh no our dragon is fucked and there are crack elves everywhere oh and naga I guess.
Highmountain
>Some stupid fuck has an insanely powerful hammer and his dumbass rock eating friends are assholes. Also ANOTHER Black Dragon
>Val'sharah
Dropped Emerald Dream storyline is no longer dropped
>Stormheim
Shitty halfhearted war. Also more norse mythology

The only redeemable zone was Suramar because as you progress with rep you slowly start to retake that gorgeous city and arm insurgents to take back their elf well with combined help from every elf
>>
>>389585095
>Guilds now
>Just resub
>Try to join
>Wow wheres your achieves for Heroic TOS
>Wow no logs?
>Sorry dude

Really sad at the state of the game.
>>
File: 565px-Frost_Lich_Jaina_full.jpg (35KB, 565x400px) Image search: [Google]
565px-Frost_Lich_Jaina_full.jpg
35KB, 565x400px
>>389580115

Ok I agree with you on world design/pvp, but wow what were you hallucinating in the other things you mentioned?

>story

Hell fucking no, Ulduar- ok interesting but vanilla had just as good old gods lore with AQ 20 and AQ 40 so its even there. But even a group of no name adventurers killing one of the most powerful being in WoW lore was a fucking travesty. And whats funny is Tirion somehow was key in the victory over Arthas yet gets ass raped killed by a no name demon in the broken shore intro it makes no sense at all. Lets not even get start on the whole "There Must Always Be a Lich King" bullshit motto...the whole reason that was added was so blizzard could have another Northrend expansion in the future.

>character writing

Not really sure what you mean by this but the only memorable character writing to me was the entire DK starting zone quest chain everything else felt the same to me.

>gear design

Absolutely not, Wotlk had 0 memorable set pieces for any class. Go look at Warlock tier 4-6 every single one of them were amazing. The only classes that had lackluster tier sets during TBC were Paladins.Shamans and Priest all the other classes had great or above average looking sets.
>>
>>389585619
Suramar is definitely the best zone but you can't ignore that Stormheim, Suramar, and Highmountain are thoroughly connected to the Legion, plus both zones they've added since then - and even then Azsuna has quite a bit of Legion fuckery.
>>
>>389580992
>Story is boring, the zones don't really focus on the LEGION but more on their personal problems

that's because they tried that with WoD and look at how shit it was. We had no clue about the history or the feeling of each individual zone of Draenor because the moment you stepped in, everyone started endlessly squawking about the Iron Horde and didn't shut up until we finally got to Tanaan, where everyone started screeching about the Demonic Horde.
>>
>>389585940
>WotLK story was bad

Not that anon, but no way. It's a real shame they cut out Azjol'Nerub, but in particular Zul'Drak/Grizzly Hills, Storm Peaks, and Icecrown's stories were really well told.
>>
>>389580734
server first Onyxia 40 kill, on Emerald Dream no less.
>>
File: 1482950336408.png (174KB, 631x342px) Image search: [Google]
1482950336408.png
174KB, 631x342px
>>389574553
Wasn't all that great. Don't know why people even like Arthas. He jobbed all throughout the expansion.
>be random asshole
>get to the end of a questline
>Arthas shows up
>HURR DURR I KILL YOU
>doesn't
>runs away shouting WATCH YOUR BACK
>repeat this exact interaction another 10 times while leveling up to 80

Unsubbed when they announced that retarded arena "raid." First time I let my sub lapse since I started playing in '05. Admittedly, much of the shit that ruined WotLK was put in place during TBC (dailies, shit ton of rep grinds, a queue for literally everything you can do in the game, gutting old BGs, etc) but it was new enough during TBC that I didn't realize how shit it all was. It was also the first expansion to heavily phase entire areas of zones which is what basically destroyed the game in Cata. TBC did a little of this but nowhere near to the extent Wrath did.
>>
File: Elisande.jpg (196KB, 649x948px) Image search: [Google]
Elisande.jpg
196KB, 649x948px
>>389586040
This is why Suramar worked so well - it's effectively the story of an occupied city/people, WWII style, the Legion is in the background as the enabler, but the people you focus on are the collaborators and the opposition. It's nice.
>>
>>389586131
They wanted the player to see the villain in WotLK after in TBC you only saw Illidan once during the Netherwing quest chain. Obviously they overdid it.

I liked how they handled Deathwing at least in Cataclysm. He'd just decimate entire zones at random from time to time and he only appeared during a few quests.
>>
>>389585978
Suramar and Highmountain, sure. Stormheim to an extent. And of course Broken Shore and Argus. Imo it just wasn't enough. I felt more Legion presence in the pre-launch event when they were opening portals and dropping into our towns and we had NPCs and junk fight with us but throughout most of the zones, the Legion itself never felt very threatening or as big as it was supposed to until Argus, which is rumored to be the last major content patch. It shouldn't of taken that long to feel its effects
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvYXoyxLv64

That's not Mists of Pandaria

Most kino trailer
>>
>>389586464
They did do the opening portals after a while, but you're right - the invasions should absolutely have happened over ALL of Azeroth, not just the Broken isles. Actually threatening something beloved like Valley of the Four Winds or Dun Morogh or whatever would've been great.
>>
My personal rankings
WotLK>TBC>Legion>Pandaland>Cata>>>>WoD
>>
>>389579064
It became fun just to play your character again. Compare BC fire mage with WotLK fire mage: one is very clearly a whole lot more fun and varied than the other.
>>
>>389581352
>playing alli

nigga, the only time alli was worthwhile to play was during WOD when every man for himself was OP. Otherwise everyother point in the game horde has had better lore, quests, racials and players.
>>
>>389586732
If there's anything I really miss it's Frostfire mage, which lasted into Cata

shit was fun
>>
>>389586515
>best written expansion easily
>gets shit on by the same kids who couldn't have skinny belf males because pandas xd

such a shame
>>
>>389586193
Not just that, but Val'sharah is the only zone that doesn't have some lead up to the Legion as a whole, as it's exclusively centered around Xavius and the Emerald Nightmare.

Azuna has Azshara show up to claim the Tidestone to hand it off to the Legion

Highmountain had the Bloodtotem tribe attempting to claim the Hammer of Khaz'goroth by infiltrating the reunification of Highmountain tribes (but failed because the drogbar outed them)

Stormheim had Skovald challenge Odyn for the Aegis of Aggrimar, only to be bested by the player.

So the Legion _is_ present in most of the zone's story, but it's not the main focus of each zone. Of course the person i replied to would have known that had they payed any attention to the story as they were leveling instead of just rushing through to the end and complained that we didn't do anything regarding the Legion until Broken Shore.
>>
File: image[1].jpg (172KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image[1].jpg
172KB, 960x540px
>>389574553

I'm a new WoW player and just got to outland, shit is fucking amazing coming from a wc3 player

>YOU INVADE MY HOME, YOU ARE NOT PREPARED
>be in kazzak - pvp
>step throuhg portal
>holy shit.png we are in draenor post coitus
>alliance fags shooting everyone
>horde fags chasing them down
>thanks guy
>np man we are here so you can level in peace
>WHERE ARE YOU HERILOOMS
>WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT
>HOLY SHIT BAITED
>mfw

this shit is fucking fantastic
>>
>>389580176

No but I think it's in the right direction.

>Great zones.
>World quest are fun and break up the monotiny of dailies.
>Crafting much better than the last 2 expantions.

Only thing I want to know is how fucking artifact weapons are going to work in the future. Like, we just all gonna keep Doomhammer and shit? I think it was a bit interesting but the fact they gave everyone actual weapons used by the main characters is creating problems.
>>
>>389574553
you're being nostalgic. There was fuck all to do other than farm professions or farm rep.
>>
File: ElwynnForestWaterfalls01.jpg (98KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ElwynnForestWaterfalls01.jpg
98KB, 1024x768px
>>389580734
I barely made i to 60 before TBC rolled around

>tfw you'll never see a wow that's a perfection combination of Vanilla, tBC and WotLK
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.