[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to make a thing to play retro games with. I think I heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 069pD9V.jpg (99KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
069pD9V.jpg
99KB, 640x800px
I want to make a thing to play retro games with. I think I heard about Raspberry Pi here. Could you guys tell me which one to get and where?

How's the emulation? Is it good? What kind of controllers should I get? Any input lag compared to the original consoles?

pic unrelated
>>
get a PC retard
>>
How about you use what you're currently browsing /v/ on?
>>
>>389573254
Phones aren't strong enough to emulate retro games :^)
>>
I want to impregnate Shiki
>>
>>389573254
>>389573190
I want to bring it to wherever I go. Plug it to hotel TVs and stuff. I'm sorry I don't just live a NEET life like you guys.
>>
>>389573453
get a small PC
>>
>>389573692
how small are we talking here?
>>
Shiki smells
>>
File: DC shenmue.jpg (532KB, 1900x1068px) Image search: [Google]
DC shenmue.jpg
532KB, 1900x1068px
>>389572942
I think the most must fun way to play old retro games is original hardware. It seemms pretty intimidating at first but it's really satisfying to hunt down old consoles and games.

You don't even need to spend much money on it, just get a console that interests you alot with a controller and a flashcart/modchip/way to pirate. I started with a Dreamcast I got from a garage sale and a bunch of CD-Rs and now I have pretty much all the major ones. It's incredibly fun to go hunt for games during garage sales.
>>
>>389574170
small enough to bring it to wherever you go. Plug it to hotel TVs and stuff.
>>
>>389574170
your the one who has to drag it around to hotels like a cuck, you tell me
>>
>>389573305
PCMR meme. Phones are incredibly powerful enough to emulate retro games. The only thing they're lacking is a good control interface.
>>
>>389574794
>it's really satisfying to hunt down old consoles and games.
if someone can find me a copy of Elite for NES, would really appreciate it.
>>
>>389573453
Hori makes controllers for phones, it's way cheaper and easier than whatever you're trying to make
>>
>>389572942
if you have money, get a retro freak
if you don't stick to emulation and play in your fucking keyboard like a peasant
>>
>>389574794
I don't think I can buy a CRT tv without renting a truck or paying quite a bit for shipping though. Also I have my PS2, but the lens of it is completely dead and I have no idea what to do with it.

>>389577637
I heard that thing lags pretty hard though. At least the latest one.

>>389576159
Are you fucking autistic? That's why I want to get a raspberry Pi, it's as big as a deck of cards.
>>
>>389572942
What a terribly designed character.
>>
>>389577859
rasberry pi cant even play dolphin or PS2 games. why not get something slightly bigger than can play all those plus all PC games?
>>
>>389572942

Raspberri Pi 3 handles everything up to and including most PS1 games. N64 emulation is hit or miss, but it handles MOST games pretty well. The board will run you between 30-40 bucks and had HDMI output. It's got USB as well, so you can either grab a USB controller for it, or spend a little extra cash and go for a blutooth controller. And you'll need a case as well + microsd to store game roms. All in all, a box that hooks up to your TV for emulation shouldn't run you more than 80 bucks; that includes controller, microsd and case, of course you could splurge and go closer to 100, but that's up to you.

Once you get it all together, just watch some Youtube tutorials about installing RetroPi or Retroarch on a Raspberri pi, and just follow along.
>>
>>389573453
I'm just not a manchild who needs to play videogames even when going outside otherwise I'll die
>>
>>389574739
Take that back. I'm not going to let you speak ill of my wife.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.