[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New DLC just released alongside a few free updates Most impo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: Tyranny_BastardsWound_Banner.jpg (176KB, 780x353px) Image search: [Google]
Tyranny_BastardsWound_Banner.jpg
176KB, 780x353px
New DLC just released alongside a few free updates
Most importantly from the free stuff you can remain loyal to Kyros

Full patch notes
>https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/tyranny-patch-notes-1-2-0-d.1042817/
>>
Fuck that. Should have given me the option from the get go. This game is trash. I'll consider touching it when there's the full complete edition out for 20 bucks in a few years.
>>
File: IMG_11092013_144803.png (100KB, 288x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_11092013_144803.png
100KB, 288x250px
Alright lets get this started

>Tyranny
>>
>>389565056
Neat, maybe I'll finish a replay
>>
>>389565223
Yeah it was incomplete at release. I stopped playing when I had the ending options spoiled but maybe I'll get around to finishing now.
>>
File: 1379457988561.png (3KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
1379457988561.png
3KB, 192x192px
>>389565223
>Game gets sold as a setting "Where the villains won"
>You literally play as the Darth Vader of the evil empire.
>Opening segment is about you crushing the last of the rebels and throwing their leader off a spire.
>HURRR BUT YOU CAN'T SIDE WITH THE EVIL EMPEROR

Obsidian really is not what it used to be
>>
>>389565056
Is it actually a complete game now? Since what launched was literally an unfinished early access product pretending to be finished, kinda like Pillars except even more unfinished.
Pillars is finished now and I had fun playing it with all the patches and both halves of the expansion.
So, is this finished and "fun" now as well?
>>
>>389566192
free content
>Added Reactivity to player choices in the forms of addition missives and added dialog responses to several characters
>Expanded dialog options for players who wish to remain loyal to Kyros.
>New cinematics added to the end of the game, just before resolution slides.
>Expanded the End game slides to account for new player outcomes.
sounds pretty good to me, glad all this stuff is free considering the lack of a loyal to Kyros ending was one of the biggest marks against the game
>>
>>389566728
Is the ending still a massive sequel bait?
>>
>>389566192
>>389566728
Wait until it's all finished. This is just the first of possibly many DLCs. Don't waste your time.
>>
File: 12312314124123.jpg (64KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
12312314124123.jpg
64KB, 400x400px
>>389565056
>the only option that would have made the game interesting comes as DLC

You know what, keep your shitty pile of horseshit.
>>
>>389566937
Kyros shit etc is all free.
Only the new Bastard's Scar location is paid DLC.
>>
>>389566937
Except the Loyalty ending is free, the DLC is separate
>>
>>389566856
>>389566838
>Wait until it's all finished. This is just the first of possibly many DLCs. Don't waste your time.
They said there won't be more DLC or sequels, Paradox pulled the plug on the game since it bombed.
>>
>>389565056
Wait, wait. is this for post-ending stuff or to enjoy it, we'll have to replay from the start?
>>
>>389567108
>pulled the plug
>still releases DLC months after launch
>>
>>389567029
>>389567062
I dont care.
I'm not gonna replay that crap for some lame dialogue options when I already know the sorry excuse of a story.
This game rubbed me the wrong way big time, even Torment was more enjoyable.
>>
>>389567274
Yes anon, they are pulling the plug with this, it's the last update for the game, they still released it since it was already in the works but the game is over now.
Just like Sword Coast Legends also bombed and everyone in the studio were told ahead of time they're being fired and the support for the game is being axed, they still were given few months to finish the Rage of Demons expansion because they were closed and the plug was completely pulled.
Same shit here.
>>
>>389565056
They're actually finishing the game? Great, now I'll actually might buy it.
>>
>>389565056
>Tranny
Fuck off obsidiot.
>>
Fuck them. Fuck them. This was ideal for me
>obsidian who made nvn2 and kotor 2
>back to classic crpg
>literally about being the mouth of sauron
and we ended up with this turd. On paper, it was perfect.
But no. They had to fuck up. You could have made a game with detailed combat and visually appealing environment, like nvn2, where you can at least see the character's faces, but no. crpg must mean cave-age technology, for some reason.
Mouth of sauron? Doing evil shit? Crushing down the paladins, enslaving elf bitches and having the dwarves slave to death so they can make gold-armour for your overlords?
No, fuck that shit. You're a reasonable, neutral arbiter dealing with assholes. All the evilness potential, all the hope of doing a non-humorous/ironic version of the Overlord games? Spit in your face.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
YOOOOUUUUUUUUUU
>>
This adds stuff to the main game too, right? Or just more stuff post-end?
>>
>>389567990
Tyranny was never meant to be anything more than a side project for Obsidian, this was obvious from the start as everyone at the studio who was actually good at anything was working on PoE2. Expecting a good game made by literal interns is fucking retarded.
>>
>>389568213
that deals with the combat/visual section of the complaints, not with the story-direction.
>>
File: 1486302850185.jpg (68KB, 565x481px) Image search: [Google]
1486302850185.jpg
68KB, 565x481px
>Release RPG
>Add in the actual RP months later as DLC
This is why i don't play shit on release
>>
>>389568458
the actual RP is free
>>
>>389567990
>No, fuck that shit. You're a reasonable, neutral arbiter dealing with assholes.
This is what pissed me off the most about the game.
Also the game BLATANTLY favours Rebel path, literally 60% of the game's quests, lore and dialogue are locked behind Rebel path.
The remaining 40% are split between the other three paths, Disfavoured, Scarlet and Chaos.
Basically, you get ~13% worth of "meat" in non-Rebel paths.
And playing as evil dude? Haha, fuck you, you're forced into Lawful Neutral or Chaotic Neutral or Goody Two Shoes, can't be evil in a game that advertised itself as Evil Simulator.
Fuck Obshitian and fuck their complete lack of balls these days.
Pillars also promised shit beyond wildest imagination, what we got was a diet, way more boring and painfully safe Baldur's Gate 1 knockoff.
>>
>>389568536
Reading is hard
>>
>>389568276
Literally everyone and their dog from Obsidian were working on PoE2 at the time, including the writers. Look who was in charge of writing Tyranny, they literally gave the job of a lead writer to a fucking designer, because every other actual writer was working on PoE2, LMAO.

Anyway, Tyranny is irrelevant to Obsidian, as it was a project sponsored entirely by Paradox. Obsidian got paid regardless of how many copies the game sold, that's just how contracts work. Nobody with at least two brain cells to rub together cared about this game and it's hilarious seeing mongoloids chimp out and present this game as some sort of massive failure for Obsidian or an indicator of what they can do, when PoE made a killing and was critically acclaimed by literally everyone except for some mongoloids on /v/.
>>
>>389568458
Pretty much this. 90% of stuff nowadays comes out bugged, broken and incomplete.
Gotta wait a year or so for all patches and DLC to be out before games are worth playing.
>>
>>389568660
So you gonna give Obsidion yet another free pass, because this was just "their B team"?
>>
>>389568660
are you retarded?
Matt MacLean was a writer on Alpha Protocol, and many of Tyranny's writers moved on to Pillars of Eternity 2.
>>
>Kyrosfags
>>
>>389568770
>So you gonna give Obsidion yet another free pass
No, I don't even care about the game, I didn't even buy it even though I consider Obsidian to be the only studio left capable of making actual RPGs. In the eyes of anyone with a brain, this game never even existed outside of a quick cash grab project for Obsidian, which they have accomplished, since they got paid by Paradox anyway, LMAO.
>>
>>389567029
so you have to pay 15 bucks only for one new location? If its as big as the other ones it will be like 5 small maps. doesnt sound worth it at all.
>>
>>389569037
just saying, it'd be available from gog, so...
>>
>>389568961
"A writer" is not the same as lead writer. The guy was a fucking designer for New Vegas, not a writer. Whatever he co-authored half a decade ago is not really relevant, especially since the setting was drastically different this time around.
>>
>>389569037
Yes, it's just one new location and yes it's overpriced like everything Paradox releases as DLC.
Just pirate.
>>
>>389569258
He wrote for New Vegas too. Look at Return to Sender quest.

Josh is also a designer, not a writer. Yet he wrote Joshua Graham. 90% of cRPG writers are designers who started writing because no one else wanted to do it.
>>
>>389569505
we'll see how long it'll take to be out in fun places
>>
> Game about being evil.
> Can't rape.
>Immediately paired up with stronk edgy woman.
>>
>>389570416
You straight up can't even really be evil in this game at all.
You're basically Lawful Neutral at worst.
The game is just trash in terms of being evil.
KotOR has more evil options than this.
>>
File: g_zBWnpA.png (114KB, 321x321px) Image search: [Google]
g_zBWnpA.png
114KB, 321x321px
>>389565056
>you can remain loyal to Kyros
>>
I wish this game was about fighting good guys instead of being about being evil and fighting other evil
>>
>>389571628
>>389571071

Yes
>>
File: 1495591309507.gif (92KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1495591309507.gif
92KB, 500x281px
>like this setting 100 times more than Pillars of Eternity
>That's obsidians flag ship game
>Can't talk about this anywhere because of the absolutely horrendous third act
>>
>>389572003
>>389571628
I loved the game to bits but the fact that Kyros is portrayed as evil is kinda hilarious. His land is basically a utopia, the poor are taken care of, everyone contributes as needed, there's a place for everyone, it's 100 percent equal. The only real ""evil"" thing are his armies and even that's coming to an end with the conquering of the tiers.
>>
This DLC and new path would have been really neat when it actually came out. But by now the thought of the third act has festered enough in my mind that I have no intention of playing it again. Besides, I doubt that they fixed the part where the game stops just as the story seems to really pick up for a grand finale.
>>
>>389572584
Pillars also had abysmal third act to be honest, and it never got fixed even with expansions and patches.
>>
>>389573106
>Besides, I doubt that they fixed the part where the game stops just as the story seems to really pick up for a grand finale.
They haven't. The existing endings are basically the same, they just added a few new slides like Mass Effect 3 did with its extended ending dlc.
>>
>>389572584
Don't forget how close it is to the word Tranny. It's just doomed to have no discussion here.
>>
>>389565056
DOES IT HAVE MORE DIVERSITY?
ARE WOMEN ACTUALLY EMPOWERED THIS TIME?
CAN YOU PLAY A TRUE BLACK PERSON WOMAN?
>>
File: 1474496260283.png (1MB, 811x801px) Image search: [Google]
1474496260283.png
1MB, 811x801px
>>389572584
>game's premise was supposedly you're an evil overlord's evil right-hand man
>game's actuality was you're a goody two shoes who's never even had an evil thought in his life
How did they fuck up this much?
>>
>>389573372
Christ. I'm kind of wondering how they did the staying loyal to kyros ending. Like, wether it's painted as something truly even or just pragmatic. But I'm not interested enough to find out for myself. Maybe I'll look up the ending slides or a youtube playtrough later.
>>
>>389573727
I mean.. one of your first options is whether to give someone the cross. Then later on whether you should burn a village with all the people in it. You can also push people off the top of the tower at the end of act 1. There's also that girl stuck to the pole in the scarlet crusade camp, and you can even kill lantry. He begs.

Also you can have nerat or however you spell it suck out Bariks soul.
>>
>>389573943
>Killing Lantry

Truly, a black hole for a heart.
>>
>>389574860
I did it once just to see what happened, otherwise yeah I always save him.
>>
>>389565056
Anyone happen to know if Cream works without downloading additional files or do I have to download some million gigabyte pack with all the DLC to get it rolling? Thank you and god bless.
>>
can't wait for it to be pirated then
>>
>>389576082
Dicked with it, appears I need the files. Downloading the whole goddamn pirated enchilada just so I can pirate the fucking expansion on my legal copy of the game thanks Obsidian you pieces of shit.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.