[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>play a city builder >think you've got a nice little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: header.jpg (47KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
47KB, 460x215px
>play a city builder
>think you've got a nice little town going
>need some inspiration
>go on youtube to check out some cool assets/mods
>end up watching hours of some autist tweaking every singel detail in their city to the perfection
>don't even bother with your own city because it just sucks in comparison

Every single time. Fuck this. How do I become a city builder autist?
>>
For starters, stay clear from YoutubFUCK MY CHICKEN
>>
Get vaccinated and you'll have autism then just direct it's powers into vidya
>>
File: 1490369900835.jpg (44KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
1490369900835.jpg
44KB, 600x535px
>>389543924
You need to know what you're trying to do and how you're going to reach it.
Think about something awsome you can do, write it down on paper and make a project, then start pushing that objective, coming back on every detail over and over again to make it perfect.
If something is too much of a hassle to fix just level it and start over, and with some dedication you'll succeed.
All you need is to believe in yourself anon
>>
For me, the worst part is having an idea in my mind, and not being able to do it ingame. There are mods for a lot of stuff, but the zoning system and the wonky building in elevations are hard to work around
>>
>>389543924
Time.
You play for a long time.
The true autism is not just doing the tweaking; it's doing it as second nature because your brain's been tuned to it for so long.

Playing the game casually for a while is fine. The game's easy enough and it's still good fun. Why be bothered by it?
>>
>>389545392
Flatten your terrain in advance. This game is easy peasy. When the traffic starts piling up at 8k just shoehorn in overpasses and underpasses. Never plan anything that is the boring way to play.
>>
>>389545941
Geography is a big part of bringing a city to life. When you've got a perfectly flat terrain, there's little you can do to organically move away from the most efficient design.
>>
>>389545941
>>389546192
Is there a mod to gain access to terrain editing tools in between city management?
I found the function extremely useful in SimCity4 when I discovered it.
>>
>>389546192
Not ALL the terrain. I really meant if you are planning a district you may want to go over it with the flattener so you aren't building on a slope.
>>389546521
Not sure what you mean. The terrain edit tools are part of the game. No mod required.
>>
>>389546521
Yes there is, forgot the name though.
It has a very useful tool for picking up the elevation of a spot, then instantly brushing terrain to be in that elevation
>>
File: 22.jpg (896KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
896KB, 1920x1080px
Flat terrain is boring. Here's what I'm currently working on, but the fucking industry traffic is killing me. Had to convert a lot of industry into offices, which looks stupid in such a small city.
>>
>>389546730
Really? I couldn't seem to find any options outside of the Asset Editor, so I'd have to try to plan things ahead of time as much as possible.
>>
Make each city block a city block you'd like to live on or each district in town like that. Think about varied terrain, amenities, shopping, safety, transportation, etc. Make sure everything is available for each district. Don't restrict yourself to grids just because of efficiency.
>>
>>389547108
It is under landscaping.
>>
>>389548026
I don't have that, I must not have unlocked it yet.
>>
>>389548759
Or then you're playing an older pirated version of the game which didn't have it yet.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.