[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we make normies fall in love with old school, fast paced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1465336027443.jpg (82KB, 492x478px) Image search: [Google]
1465336027443.jpg
82KB, 492x478px
How do we make normies fall in love with old school, fast paced fps like doom which rely on dodging projectiles by constantly moving while running around the map with a shotgun type of weapon meatshotting targets at close range and a health system that encourages you to move around constantly due to health being scattered around, instead of magically replenishing itself by staying in cover for a while

I guarantee that if they made the annual new COD/BF with those design principals it would be a fucking GOTY and pave way for the revitalization of the FPS as a genre, instead of each year dragging it closer to it's final grave.
>>
great idea
>>
It'll never work again, controllers are too slow for something like Quake or UT.
Doom only worked without mouselook because it didn't have a Y axis for aiming.
>>
File: 1503378158769.png (503KB, 800x353px) Image search: [Google]
1503378158769.png
503KB, 800x353px
>>389542279
D44M was a step in the right direction, normies loved it
if the sequel has less braindead level design and doesn't focus on glory kills as much it might bring the genre back
>>
>>389542279
More sexy in it and they will love maybe som big boobs and slight pussy shot so they can jerk off and make it waifu and someone can make rule 34 order it and we can jerk it to than it become a popular with normi
>>
But that's the thing OP, while old games like DOOM are great, the mass majority (I'd say 70%+) of "gamers" only want the stop-and-pop style of shooter game.

They don't even want Halo anymore, which is/was always a mix of both. Halo is the best FPS in terms of old and new. You move quick, you have good options, you aren't too slow and you don't have to be forced to come to a screeching halt (or moving so slowly it almost isn't moving at all) when you're ADS-ing.

The reason CoD and newer BF (BC1/2, 3, 4, etc) are so popular is because the normies all love stop-and-pop. It's a tantrum of gameplay, it's like being a kid and getting "let off the leash" at an amusement park or a circus or something. You run here, then stop to shoot, oh you got a kill nice, ok keep running and running, and stop again to shoot something else, damn you died, who cares, you're back again, go run and shoot more.
>>
>>389544795
I hate how many people disregard controllers. It's such a bullshit excuse, and all it does is prove the persons inability to actually be good at the game or have the adaptability to use a controller.

If you think it's "so hard" to use a controller to aim in FPS games, you're just dead fucking wrong. Guess what you stupid ass retard, every game comes with controller options to change it to exactly how you want. Think you need it inverted? Go ahead and make it that way. Aim speed to fast or to slow? Well change it. Don't like the button layout? Change it. And it's the exact same on a PC, if you don't like the settings you change it. Don't act like it isn't an option on consoles because you're too much of a braindead kid to look it up.

Am I saying a controller is better for FPS? No, it isn't. But can you still use a controller effectively? Yes, very much so.
>>
>>389546349
The reason CoD and BF are so popular has a lot going on with how "most played shooters" are for reception.

The controller argument is evidenced with CoD: AW.
>>
OP the entire reason why the modern military babysitter exists is because of consoles with handheld controllers

in other words, the problem is not that people like horrible games, it's that non-gamers have been monetized by making inferior games that they can understand and enjoy

yes I know that military babysitters existed slightly ahead of console shooters being popularized, but that doesn't mean the motive Ive stated is incorrect
>>
How about we don't bring normalshits to good games instead, so they don't ruin them with their shit opinions?
>>
>>389546539
did it just get more normie in here
>>
File: IMG_4230.jpg (106KB, 1000x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4230.jpg
106KB, 1000x682px
>>389546149
>>
>>389544795
Tbh I've seen some impressive fps aim with controllers even as a fan of PC shooters
>>
>>389547830
>The controller argument is evidenced with CoD: AW.
For >>389546539
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.