[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The fact that so many /a/nons still name Halo 2 as "the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: circle deux.png (143KB, 256x319px) Image search: [Google]
circle deux.png
143KB, 256x319px
The fact that so many /a/nons still name Halo 2 as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" FPS ever only tells you how far FPS still is from becoming a serious genre. Stealth critics have long recognized that the greatest stealth games of all times are MGS2 and Deus Ex HR, which were not the most famous or viewed or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Puzzle critics rank the highly controversial Puyo Puyo over Tetris which was highly popular in gamers around Europe . FPS critics are still blinded by commercial success.Halo 2 sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Stealth critics grow up playing a lot of mecha of the past, puzzle critics grow up playing a lot of puzzle of the past. FPS critics are often totally ignorant of the FPS games of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that Halo 2 did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
/mu/ is that way
>>
>>389530180
I approve of scaruffi posting
>>
>>389530180
Oh my days, will you people stop riding MGS2's dick so hard? It's barely better than MGS and MGS3 blows it out of the water. AND MGS ISN'T EVEN THE GREATEST STEALTH SERIES NEITHER.

You fucking niggers, a deep, thought provoking story does not make a game fantastic. If that was the case, then that fucking hellblade with monkey woman would be the greatest game of all time.
>>
>>389530180
Man this post was hard to read. It sounds like you had no clue wtf you are talking about. Possibly you were baiting.

You do know that Tetris regularly ranks really high in GOAT games lists by these very same people you seem to be praising right? They never even include Puyo Puyo. I do not agree with that shit at all. In fact it always gives me a good laugh whenever I see these fools put Tetris so high as if they honestly even believe it. I guarantee most of them never played Tetris enough for it to warrant such high placements in these pathetically stupid lists. Last list I saw linked in a thread here last week had Tetris as the number 7 out of 100 best games of all time.

Also you seem to be one of thousands of others on /v/ that loves to parrot the meme that sales =/= quality and you just seem to be so blinded by this belief system of yours that you are completely thinking in black and white here. Just because a really popular game sold well doesn't mean it is extremely good no. But you can't say it is extremely bad either necessarily. In fact in most cases something that sells so well sells well because it was a decent product. Halo 2 was a least decent whether you like it or not. For me Halo 2 was superb though. I'd definitely rank it way high up there for the FPS genre. Especially for a console FPS.

Stop being so triggered and angry at other opinions and learn to appreciate that we can all have different viewpoints on gaming.
>>
Most people who claim to play video games these days probably have never even seen it.
>>
>>389531761
what did he mean by this
>>
>>389531542
its a meme u dip
>>
>>389532415
welp...
>>
My problem is that I'm to good at video games.

To me, games aren't an art form, because I don't care about the story. Anyone who gives a fuck about the story, isn't "playing" the game right. Games aren't meant to be "played", but mastered. My problem is that I'm the sensay of this virtual dojo we call the gaming world.

When I play games, I imagine what the maker must have thought when creating this puzzle. Beating the level is the greatest glory on Earth, because I'm figuratively shitting on the face of the maker who tried to stump me. I won against someone else's brain power.

Anyone else have this problem? What are some challenging games?
>>
>>389530180
I love MGS2 but as a stealth game its sub par. Seriously, there's tons of better stealth games. 3 is objectively better in the stealth department, but as a whole (and with no nostalgia) its hard to enjoy MGS3 over 2. It was still amazing though.
Chaos Theory.
>>
>>389532858
Is this some weird false flagging? The developers aren't trying to stump you, they want you to finish the game. Often times they have to dumb it down. Don't get such a big dick over "defeating the maker".
If you're over 15 and you've been playing games, you won't find a lot of challenging games left. Unless its ridiculous shmups or cheap games. But you don't want cheap challenge, thats just annoying. You don't necessarily need to be challenged to have fun though. In your case maybe, but there are some games that are too easy but still fun. Jak and Daxter 1 or SM64 come to mind.
>>
File: 1465846964242.jpg (71KB, 647x594px) Image search: [Google]
1465846964242.jpg
71KB, 647x594px
>>389530180
Most people just look at its multiplayer and how it broke new ground amongst console online gaming. Bungie knocked it out of the park.
>>
>>389530180
>the greatest stealth games of all times are MGS2 and Deus Ex HR
Well, I guess that works as a bait all right.
>>
Stealth critics have long recognized that the greatest stealth games of all times are MGS2 and Deus Ex HR

> no nention of chaos theory
>fucking neck yourself op
>>
>>389530180
The only thing Halo 2 was good for was multiplayer, like Halo 5, that's it. I think you may have gotten Halo 2 mixed up with Halo 1 and Halo 3.
>>
>>389530180
I personally enjoy the works of Robert Wyatt more than Don Van Vliel.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.