[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the story of this game? I just defeated Dragonrider

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 91f3S5K+QnL._SL1500_.jpg (412KB, 1204x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91f3S5K+QnL._SL1500_.jpg
412KB, 1204x1500px
What's the story of this game? I just defeated Dragonrider twins and i just have no idea what is going on with the game. Though i did have aboyt a year break so i might have forgotten everything.
>>
>>389514329
Something about Giants and a throne, hollows too I suppose. It's largely unimportant.
>>
>>389514329
It doesn't even matter, the game is shit.
>>
You really wanna know?

In Drangleic there was a king named Vendrick who ruled the entire country and everything was fine. But there was this lady who showed up from nowhere and seduced Vendrick. In between fucking his brains out she convinced him start a war with giants to take a thing that he had no idea what it was or what it was used for. So he took their thing he didn't know what it was and brought it back. The Giants didn't appreciate that so they followed Vendrick across the sea and royally skullfucked the region. And even though Vendrick won the kingdom was crippled, just in time for the Undead curse to show up. Vendrick and his brother Aldia tried to figure out the curse up until Aldia started getting weird about it and Vendrick booted his ass out into the mountains where Aldia spent his time making dragons to research immortality or some shit. Instead he just learned that Gwyn from the first game ruined everything.
>>
>>389514329
>without really knowing why...
Emerald Herald told you to seek King Vendrick, because he did a ton of research on the nature of the Soul itself, which may hold the key to the cure of the curse.
>>
>>389514329
Mostly about the war with vendrick and the giants, some shit about the queen too. Completely uninteresting shit, worst story in the whole series.
>>
>>389515982
Anyway at some point Vendrick gained the ability to peer into souls and after looking into his wife's soul he found out that she is the embodiment of total Dark. He's basically been fucking the daughter of satan. Oops. That thing he stole from the Giants may have been the Kiln of the First Flame which Nashandra wanted for...some reason. So Vendrick locked it in his basement and put the key in a place where Nashandra could never get to it. Then he locked himself in a crypt for...some reason. Something about how despite knowing Nashandra is evil personified he still loved and couldn't bring himself to chop her head off. So Nashandra went looking for Undead to help her get past the door so she could get to the maybe Kiln so she could do whatever the fuck it was she was trying to do I don't know her plan made no sense.

So we finally get to you. You are an Undead who showed up in Drangleic looking for answers to your hollowing, even though Vendrick and Aldia never found an answer to stop the Hollowing. And unless you bought the DLC or the game of the year edition called Scholar of the First Sin you will get none of those answers because by the time you actually find Vendrick he's hollowed out and incapable of talking to you. So the Emerald Herald basically sidetracks you on this feud between Vendrick and Nashandra that had nothing to do with you, so you can become the next True Monarch by sitting in the maybe Kiln, even though you have no reason to give a fuck about the Kiln.

Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>389514329
>What's the story of this game?

Same as every other Souls games.

The world is ending because large, powerful beings have hoarded all the souls. You have to kill them to concentrate as many souls as possible into yourself, then either sacrifice yourself to the flame so your souls are spread out across the world, bringing life back to it for another cycle, or keep them all and rule across a dead world until you sacrifice yourself out of boredom and restart the cycle.

Every other tidbit of story is just details about events or individuals that did stuff during the last cycle.
>>
>>389514329
>and i just have no idea what is going on with the game

welcome to Dark Souls!
>>
>>389516281
>Completely uninteresting shit, worst story in the whole series.
That's not Bloodborne.

>find Paleblood because a note on the ground told you to
>kill a newborn because a note on the ground told you to
>you did it, here's your ending
>>
>>389517416
There's more going on with Bloodborne than that. Bloodborne's story structure making Bloodborne's story at the same time more consistent and yet more obtuse. The entire world of Yharnam is built on the premise that most of the NPCs you meet are actively trying to hide the events of Yharnam away from you. Hell the happiest ending in the game entails you being totally ignorant of everything that just happened to you the night of the Hunt.
>>
>>389516539
>>
>>389514329
I have played every single one of these games for hundreds of hours and have never paid any attention to the plot or lore. It is there if you want story but it's completely optional.
>>
>>389514329
who cares, just go and kill stuff
>>
File: mite_b_smart.png (273KB, 517x396px) Image search: [Google]
mite_b_smart.png
273KB, 517x396px
>>389516539
This.

Also lore fags defeat the entire purpose of souls games and make them worse.
>>
>>389518137
Gehrman what are you doing on /v/?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.