[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is far more depth in MGSV's narrative than /v/ want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg (307KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg
307KB, 1920x1080px
There is far more depth in MGSV's narrative than /v/ want to let on.

I really do think it is a case of "2deep4u" in the same ways that MGS2 was on it's release, and the more people start objectively look into the grand picture on what MGSV was trying to convey, the more people are starting to come around to it.

There's no doubt that there are objective issues with the game, but I do think it rivals the rest in the series. Multiple playthroughs and paying attention to key themes (Parasites, identity, loss, and manipulation) present throughout gives a clearer picture on the events not only within its own narrative, but how it juxtapose and challenges the themes within it's own franchise. Players expected / wanted to see a story where the charismatic hero Big Boss goes through shady events and eventually has a mental breakdown, turning him into the war starved tyrant in MG and MG2, because a complete psychological shift is the only way we can justify Big Boss acting in that way. But we didn't get that. We got something far more revealing.

Big Boss betrayed The Boss' ideals, but most of all, betrayed the players who worshiped him. Your anger at the ending of MGSV and how it handled Big Boss was completely intentional. The man you wanted to idolize betrayed your expectations of him. Those expectations, which made up the entity of Venom Snake himself. Venom Snake was the memetic ideal of what someone THINKS Big Boss would act like, a hero worship and our obsessive need to see the hero "live long enough to see him become the bad guy". But our expectations of the hero was never met, and even more sobering, puts Big Boss' entire legacy separate from the man itself. The illusion is thus shattered, leading us to question what was everything leading up to this for?
>>
>>389511556

Venom chose to live in his hero worship of Big Boss, but at this point, the player disconnects himself from Venom Snake the moment he "drives the demon out of him" . He is no longer a representation of us, but a living, disconnected embodiment of our previous worship to the legacy of Big Boss.

/v/ was right that Venom Snake was suppose to represent the player controlling him, but so wasn't the betrayal of what WE expected the turnout of Big Boss to be. In the end, Big Boss was simply a parasite who used Venom as a platform for the rhetoric and expectations that was expected of Big Boss himself.
>>
Difference is that MGS2 was actually finished.
>>
>>389512769
Phantom Pain, yo. But yes, there are blatant plot holes.
>>
>>389511556
>Your anger at the ending of MGSV and how it handled Big Boss was completely intentional.
But I completely was happy for Big Boss at the end of the game, though.

Am I just stupid for reacting different, or am I one of his dumb Zanzibarites?
>>
>>389514692
You shouldn't be happy at all. Big Boss, the man who wanted to make a place where soldiers wouldn't be taken advantage of, ended up completely taking advantage of a solider to carry his burden with him so he could fill the shoes of his own legacy.
>>
>>389514692
No, you're just Ocelot. Who will glorify everything Bibo ever does.
>>
>>389512769
MGS2 is also a game about taking back your own identity, while MGSV is a game about losing it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>389515463
and MGS2 was also made by Hideo Kojima, whereas MGSV was made by Konami.

>>389515245
>Bibo
>>
>>389512769
>Difference is that MGS2 was actually finished.

and yet ended with questions that were not answered until MGS4
>>
File: 1504323871198.png (5KB, 173x196px) Image search: [Google]
1504323871198.png
5KB, 173x196px
>>389515245
>>
File: 1503862365967.png (289KB, 413x399px) Image search: [Google]
1503862365967.png
289KB, 413x399px
>>389515245
>Bibo
>>
Would be an effective point if the base game wasn't awful.
>>
>>389512769
>Difference is that MGS2 was actually finished.

lol no. MGS 2 left you with the biggest blue balls in gaming.

>>389511556
>There is far more depth in MGSV's narrative than /v/ want to let on.

>listening to /v/.
>ever.

most people still haven't realized that Ocelot did the same thing for Liquid, Venom did for BB. Only Venom did it for the eyes of the world. Ocelot did it for the "eyes" of the patriots
>>
>>389516295
>>389516463
>>389516705
This isn't funny anymore. Stop.
>>
>>389516848
Base game wasn't amazing, but isn't as bad as people try to make it seem. Ignoring a lot of the fluff side content, you can focus on the mandatory missions, and the game feels fine.
>>
File: metalgearsolidv_thephx3lee.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
metalgearsolidv_thephx3lee.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>389516848
>Would be an effective point if the base game wasn't awful.

awful meaning utter perfection.
>>
Hey guys, the real Bibo is in this thread right now, let's all ask him something >>389516939
>>
>>389517002
>dude just ignore the majority of the game's content lmao
Awful post. Even just focusing on the main missions makes for an awful experience, you're still playing some weird milsim calling itself Metal Gear.
>>
Why is BB so handsome tho
>>
>>389511556
I remember when MGSIV came out shortly after the PS3 launched... and it also felt incomplete.

Later on Kojima made a statement that instead of taking the game X steps further they were limited to X-2 due to hardware restrictions.

Regardless of the Konami fiasco and the absence of one of the game's key writers - I still think that the Kojimbles Studio has a hard time executing on their delusions of grandeur the video game. The bigger budgets and international notoriety has made Kojimbo a much less grounded creator.
>>
>>389517251
If side content is optional, and plays no bearing on actually progressing in the main narrative, why subject yourself to it? Just play the main missions. There are plenty in there that are great, too.

Like I said in the first post, there are objective issues with the game, but the narrative isn't even half as bad as detractor's of MGSV want to let on if you have honestly understood how Metal Gear handles it's narrative as a whole.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.