[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dose you find it hard to play old games due to ancient graphics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Dose you find it hard to play old games due to ancient graphics and controls? I feel like modern games are making it harder to go back and play classics. What do?
>>
>>389510859
how do i get a gf like this
>>
SHOW ME THE BENIS
>>
>>389510859
>Dose
Doctor are in you in here?
>>
most ps1 games suck ass now
>>
>>389510901
Be really charismatic, attractive, and wealthy
>>
>>389510859
Same. I want so badly to play Fallout 1 & 2 and also Elder Scrolls before Morrpwind, but I boot them up and subsequently get frustrated at my inability to grasp the controls.

:/
>>
>>389510859
It's easier to adjust to the graphics. You get used to them in 5-10 minutes, but poor controls make the game a constant struggle.
>>
>>389510990
Usually takes me more than 10 minutes to get used to old graphics, but otherwise I agree. Shitty controls have always been shitty. Luckily, most great games had good controls.
>>
>>389510859
No I find it hard to play new games, they're boring and too modern. I literally don't want any new console or new games, I just plugged in my GameCube and I'm playing resident evil instead
>>
>>389511096
this desu
>>
>>389510983
>>389510990
Yeah the controls feel a bit tedious but I was able to deal with things like random encounters last year but now I literally can't do it anymore, it just feels cumbersome to play and I'm worried about loosing my ability to appreciate great games of the past
>>
>>389510859
Controls sometimes but almost never graphics.
>>
>pierced naval

trashed.
>>
>>389510980
Charismatic?
>>
>>389511096
>>389511214
How can I be like this? teach me man
>>
If anything new spoiled something old for me is how unusable Morrowind's journal is. That's the only thing that makes it difficult for me to play Morrowind now, as much as I want to beat it for the first time.
>>
>>389510859
No. You need to git gud.
>>
>>389511310
I have nothing to teach you, if you don't enjoy old games you don't need to play them
>>
File: Crusader 2.jpg (85KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Crusader 2.jpg
85KB, 640x480px
>>389510859
>ancient graphics

No problem

and controls?

This stops me completely. I really wanted to replay Crusader: No Remorse because I loved that game when it first came out, and I recently got it on GoG when it was on sale, but the controls are just fucking horrible.

If anyone knows of a fix or a mod for them, I'll suck your dick and let you put it in my hair bearpussy.
>>
>>389510859
>graphics
>mattering
If it's got a good art direction I'm golden. There's very few games that are visually appalling to the point where it's not fun too play. Not only that, but modern graphical advancements really aren't that noteworthy when half the shit has the same style.
>>
>>389511310
I'm just extremely, extremely nostalgic. Literally anything from the PS2 and GameCube on is ultra photorealistic enough for me, idk I just love the graphics for games like Morrowind, Final Fantasy X, Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime they look amazing to me anything beyond that yea it's nice but unevcesary.
I rather have the next ES have graphics like final Fantasy or morrowind (better models, and cleaner textures) but then have cities that can be 10 times larger and have way more enemy and equipment variety. Like 4 different kinds of iron armours you know?
Controls don't bother me, A newer game like Halo 3 controls just as well as Goldeneye to me, I don't really care I adjust to it quickly enough anyway that it's not a problem.
Older games like NES I admit I get bored of quick, I think you have more cheap deaths in these games to lengthen it, I don't care if I get called a casual your first time through a lot of NES games you're gonna die a lot it's just normal but gets kinda annoying honestly. SNES onwards though I don't have a problem with
>>
File: IMG_3435.jpg (128KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3435.jpg
128KB, 640x480px
>>389511456
I love graphics like these, I wouldn't mind more RPG's with graphics like these
>>
>>389511708
Dying is the whole point of NES or arcade games, getting good is fun.
>>
>>389512090
Yeah I'm not complaining, I guess I just don't have the patience I had when I was younger I got really good at Smash TV
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.