[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do video games attract such a truly awful class of people?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_m6ju5buqSM1qlwdmno2_1280.jpg (83KB, 1274x708px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6ju5buqSM1qlwdmno2_1280.jpg
83KB, 1274x708px
Why do video games attract such a truly awful class of people? Not just in terms of developers and publishers, but fans, journalists, etc...

Why does every piece of lowest common denominator scum seem attracted to this hobby like flies to shit?
>>
>>389510573
Like who? Don't say todd.
>>
You can say that about film, music, anime, and really any other medium with quick gratification. Literature is the only truly high IQ medium and likely always will be.
>>
>>389510732
Like /v/
>>
>>389510573
Anime's even worse, mate.
>>
>>389510573
The same is true of literally every hobby. Shit-tier people need hobbies too, OP.
>>
File: 1azwp7.jpg (230KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1azwp7.jpg
230KB, 1200x800px
>>389510782
>Literature is the only truly high IQ medium and likely always will be.
>>
>>389511035
>>389511035
t. brainlet who's favourite hobbies are all shit tier
>>
File: 1422939814728.jpg (123KB, 1135x1520px) Image search: [Google]
1422939814728.jpg
123KB, 1135x1520px
>>389510573
Losers see it as the easiest form of escapism.
>>
>>389511035
Bullshit. Literature is probably the worst of them all. A bunch of absolute morons who think they are smart despite being dumber than a box of hammers. Christ, the amount of insufferable 80-IQ elitists in this hobby are enough to make you want to put a bullet in your head.
>>
>>389511290

So why haven't you already?
>>
>>389511191
>typical mei cosplay
>>
>>389511434
I just stopped participating in discussion. Now I just read books all alone and keep my opinions to myself.
>>
>>389511035
People that read a lot tend to have been exposed to more varied philosophies, have better vocabularies, and have better reading comprehension. Perhaps not high "IQ" per say, but it is easily the most academically beneficial among media-consuming pastimes. Of course, the quality and variety of the content consumed largely controls the effect. Just as someone that plays a ton of RPGs develops different skillsets from someone that exclusively plays FPS games, people that primarily read high fantasy will benefit differently from someone that reads non-fiction historical texts. Not implying that one is necessarily better than the other though.
>>
>>389510782
>Literature is the only truly high IQ medium and likely always will be.
Only pretentious twats claim this. It's the same ilk as video games or films as they only involve the person passively absorbing information, i.e. reading. A hobby where you actually create something, like drawing or writing, requires high IQ.
>>
>>389511538
>people who read enjoy all genres
>but people who play video games only enjoy one

You're retarded. Most people who read only stick to one genre and are absolutely ignorant about everything else.
>>
>>389510573
because you're a faggot that need to grow a pair
>>
>>389510573
Journos get pulled in because it's still not a widely respected medium and it ends up being the washout pit where people on their way up or down end up. The fans are shitty because, well, spastic assholes that are visibly embarrassing about a piece of media always suck, and it tends to be a common thing among youths, which is where games get marketed, and young people tend to want to parrot their opinions on the media they consume on every social media platform they can. Honestly, if you think video game fans are bad, you haven't seen, say, Shadowhunters fans, who are completely fucking insane over a mediocre show that's rebooting an extremely shitty movie based off of a popular but drab YA novel series about a sexy Mary Sue monster hunter. Developers/publishers are scummy because they can get away with scumbag practices more often than not, but if you think that's somehow unique to gaming, it's really not. It's only unique in how blatant it is.
>>
>>389511772
What's it like to completely lack self awareness?
>>
>>389511538
Short of reading comprehension you gain very little from reading any kind of fiction. Furthermore most fiction book written today are at grade school levels. To say that the majority of people who are reading the latest tween novels are some kind of geniuses is laughable.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.