[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[Genuine Curiosity] Tell me /v/, how can Bioware save the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: elcor.png (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
elcor.png
4MB, 2560x1440px
[Genuine Curiosity]

Tell me /v/, how can Bioware save the Mass Effect series?
>>
>>389506872
Gritty game following a young C-Sec officer uncovering corruption and fighting off the gangs.
>>
>>389506960
OP here, i meant actual good ideas
>>
Remaking 1-3.
>>
>>389506996
If you were OP you'd be avatarfagging as an elcor
>>
>>389506996
The crux of his post was that they need to cover smaller more restrained stories. They have proven over the course of 4 games that telling a big save the galaxy story is NOT their forté. Less characters but better more realistic connections. Take the time to actually build the relationships with well written dialogue instead choosing the [FUCK] dialogue option.
>>
>>389506872
They cant, even if they could EA will cannibalize them soon.
>>
>>389506872

The IP is really damaged. So damaged that the best thing they can do right now is hold off for a couple of years until the nasty taste washes out and they can start anew.

As for ideas, making a game focused on exploration in the same vein as Star Trek isn't the way to go. Same with facing off with some ambiguous evil. Andromeda tried to do both and all that revealed was how boring Bioware can do it. Something in the vein of Jade Empire with conspiracies and internal struggles seems like a more solid route. It's easy for Bioware to screw up a civil war, which would be the obvious way to show an internal struggle, but they seem to do political intrigue OK. That's all I got.
>>
Sell the movie rights to paramount or lionsgate
Then rescructure the company and consider all your old IP's ancient history.
>>
>ME3 was a fever dream following the Arrival incident.
>continue making mystery stories while flitting about the galaxy fighting randoms
>come back to the invasion idea in a few sequels
>>
>>389506872
By declaring 3 and Andromeda noncanonical and leaving the first two games to rest.
>>
>>389507581
Nah fuck that, just do a one-off set before Sovereign attacked the Citadel. Have it end right at that invasion where you're a C_SEC officer defending the Citadel from the Geth.
>>
>>389506872
letting it die
>>
>>389507930
Post ME1 is the better time for a CSEC game. The chaos of the attack and the aftermath giving rise to new gangs etc.
>>
>>389506872
I would say give it to Bethesda but they are doing their own thing with Starfield.
They are fucked I guess.
>>
It isn't worth saving. It was always a shit series with laughable writing and a ridiculously generic setting.
>>
>>389507930
That's retarded, though. Detective simulator that ends with CoD? Shoot me first, please. How many criminals is C-Sec expected to be putting down per day? Not to mention you'd be limited to the most undeveloped and dull part of the ME universe: the fucking Wards.
>>
>>389506996
This One proposes a side story during the Reaper invasion, following an N7 Operatives team.
The player avatar would be able to choose between the four Council Races such as:
>Human - Jack of all Trades.
>Turian - Bonuses to weapon damage/stability. Increased health, slower power recharge.
>Asari - Bonuses to biotic abilities and biotic power recharge. Lower health.
>Salarian - Bonuses to tech abilities and tech power recharge. Increased storm speed, lowest health.

Each race would have a selection of unique dialogue, NPC interactions, and paragon/renegade actions.
Less of an overarching plotline, more of a series of "open and shut missions" involving inflicting massive Reaper losses via infiltration, sabotage, and brute force depending on player choices.
Goal is to provide a much closer ground view of the galaxy as opposed to Shepard getting chauffeured around in the Normandy.
Actually witness and fight alongside Turian/Krogan forces, Elcor "living tanks", Rachni (if saved), Drell/Hanar, Geth/Quarians, etc.

Multiplayer is a polished and ported ME3 MP with more maps, characters, weapons, and less EA kikery.
>>
>>389508190
It's not that the setting was amazing or anything, but there was a spot in the videogame industry for for it's own sci fi star wars like expansive universe, and there still is since ME turned into a shitfest.
>>
>>389508302
Nah, if its centered around associates of the Shadow Broker then theres no limit to the locations you can go to. As far as ending in CoD, the games have always had the action element and shouldn't totally abandon it. If you want to end it a different way though you could have the main character get killed before Shepard ever shows up. If the story is good enough it wont matter you die as a loser. Not every story needs a happy ending.
>>
1.) Set the story in a time period before or after the Reaper stuff from ME1-3.
2.) ME already has plenty of established locations / people / etc. Use them instead of starting with a blank slate like Andromeda tried to. That's not to say avoid new stuff - just don't throw almost everything out the window like Andromeda did.
3.) More focused plots. Not every game needs to be a "save the galaxy / humanity / etc." story.

Bioware's B team tried to do too much with Andromeda and, subsequently, incompetence and scope creep inevitably doomed the project.
>>
>>389506872
Get rid of purple hair woman.
>>
>>389506872
They should just retcon Mass Effect 3 and the arrival DLC by saying that without the Citadel or anymore agents the Reapers were trapped in dark space. This would allow them to make a new game set that's not focused on the reapers, maybe we could play as a mercenary or something and have a personal character focused story like ME2?

>>389507930
>>389506960
I know the Citadel is interesting but who the fuck wants to be stuck there for an entire game? The key points of Mass Effect has always been exploring the galaxy, setting everything on the Citadel would just be boring.
>>
File: 44.jpg (29KB, 398x398px) Image search: [Google]
44.jpg
29KB, 398x398px
is fucking dead senpai
the best you could hope for and somebody making a "spiritual successor" in 5 to 10 years
but no post ME1 ex bioware designers/devs involved pls
>>
>>389506872
Don't give the next game to the B team. Pretty simple.
>>
Don't.

Make something new.

Make

something

new
>>
>>389509430
Something new you say? I've got it. We'll make a game about humanity being trapped within a walled city by monsters and the only people who go outside wear power armor and have special abilities, we'll call it Attack on Tit-, I mean Desti-, I mean Anthem.
>>
>>389509430

Nothing is new. Everything has been done before in some capacity.
>>
At this point, the only way Mass Effect 5 is happening is if they bring back an older, more grizzled Commander Shepard going off on crazy adventures with his LI at his side. Shepard comes out of retirement to save the day one last time, that sort of thing
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.