[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what am I doing wrong? this game is a fucking reading fest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 14

File: ads.jpg (778KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ads.jpg
778KB, 1920x1080px
what am I doing wrong? this game is a fucking reading fest and so slow.
>>
sounds like you're reading too slowly
>>
File: 1497264084116.png (45KB, 593x278px) Image search: [Google]
1497264084116.png
45KB, 593x278px
>>389497969
>an rpg is a reading fest
>>
game's just shit
>>
>>389498207
Game is fine, youre shit tho
>>
wut game
>>
>>389497969
>what am I doing wrong?
You didn't skip Returns and go straight to Dragonfall
>>
>>389497969
Just play dragon fall or Hong Kong, they are so much better
>>
I tried to bear it too, OP, but I got bored. The writing isn't very interesting, it's amateurish and feels like playing a fanfic of a fanfic anime.

>Lo and Behold! This is the serious answer!
>*psst* Nothin' personnel, kiddo
>Le quirky answer *toodles!*
>Hacking: 10 not available
>>
>>389498771
Shadowrun I think. Never played it
>>
File: art2011-AkafuahSaito-1446x1446.jpg (425KB, 1446x1446px) Image search: [Google]
art2011-AkafuahSaito-1446x1446.jpg
425KB, 1446x1446px
the shadowrun games look great but are boring as fuck.

considering good isometric turn based games rely on story and gameplay, and shadowrun kind of sucks at both of those, its a shit game.
>>
>Returns is underwhelming as fuck
>Dragonfall is trying to push SJW agenda, some parts are just shit even without the SJW factor and even waifus are shit
I didn't finish Dragonfall and I'm not sure if I'm going to play Hong Kong.
>>
>>389499365
OP here, I feel like I'm sitting at a DnD game for the first time and I'm happy for each neck beard around me when they get a nice little piece of dialogue out in a silly voice.. but ultimately I am judging the shit out of it as amateur, cringey etc.

Cyberpunk is over because we are living in a time that's cyber in itself, when you have subreddits for the shit (hey guys saw this person using VR on a bus) you know it's fucking lame. This game feels like that.

And the fucking reading.
>>
>>389499993
didn't know there was sjw shit in it. glad I torrented now. remember what happened to baldurs gate and cliffy b too with his gender neutral bathrooms? sjw doesn't pay
>>
>>389498801
Which isn't any better. It looks like an ipad game, with combat that is boring and simplistic, enemies/battles that reward no loot and the story branches and RP choices, which should be huge considering that the game isn't voiced or has any cut scenes, are as one dimensional as Mass Effect 4s. You have to be a really big fan of the Shadowrun universe and the very, let's say 'current year' style of writing. For fucks sake, a major evil faction is literally the SJWs dream of 'what if the KKK adopted ISIS methods'. Which would be fine if we could actually interact with said faction beyond just outright killing them because that would add some nuance, you can't even infiltrate their ranks and dismantle them, but nope, they're just generic bad guys because 'racism is bad, mkay?'. Dropped the game halfway through.
>>
File: shadowrun wasteland.jpg (54KB, 942x307px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun wasteland.jpg
54KB, 942x307px
The Shadowrun trilogy is awful, OP
>>
File: shadowcuck.jpg (67KB, 527x391px) Image search: [Google]
shadowcuck.jpg
67KB, 527x391px
>>389500331
The Shadowcuck trilogy games are basically iOS games
>>
>>389500170
>tldr fat little piggy got triggered
How many hours did you have to spend in your safe space before you were able to compose yourself long enough to write this?
>>
>>389500331
hold up. op here, I had Wasteland 2 for console and it kinda bored the shit out of me. Too dank and slow.. you'd have to be in your 40s putting hours into EVE and shit for that pace.

Did you clear it? I got to a place where there were robots and just sold it.
>>
>>389497969
Try Skyrim.
>>
>>389500750
I get the tone of that. I am a Morrowind man bruh. Oblivion disappointed me. Skyrim disappointed me. Next
>>
>>389500690
Wasteland 2 isn't a good RPG either - I think it's worth one play through, but that's it. If you were bored with it, no harm no foul
>>
>>389500827
saw the hours and thought there was something special about it that I missed. It did seem semi-deep stat wise and I liked the amount of choice. Even from the get go at the quasi funeral you are at, I tried to dig up the body and the guy giving my briefing shot me.

>>389500673
nah I'm with him. if it's sjw - y I'd spend more time googling how little money the game made and seeing which devs are outta work now for a dopamine hit than actually playing the game itself
>>
>>389500673
Not long, i just looked at the sales figures and was happy again.
>>
>>389500146
It's not like the whole game is SJW. Writing being all over the place quality-wise is the real problem. But when the SJW shit hits it's transparent as fuck and you can clearly see they want to push their agenda.
>>
>>389501037
Which is another reason i didn't pick up the latest Deus Ex. You could clearly see that the racially diverse faction with the women in power was supposed to be the good guys that Adam should join and that the one with mostly white dudes were designed as the antagonists.
>>
>>389501351
I wouldn't know, I didn't get it because Denuvo. I don't bother with Denuvo games.
>>
>>389501351
Human Revolution was good imo. Ending was shit but Mankind Divided... awful.

Kotaku were crying at how auglives matter was not comparable to the kingz
>>
I never played this one but Dragonfall was fucking excellent, maybe try that.
>>389500170
>sjw, kkk and isis in literally the same sentence
calm down buddy
>>
>>389500947
>if it's sjw - y I'd spend more time googling how little money the game made and seeing which devs are outta work now for a dopamine hit than actually playing the game itself
lol what
i hope that's a joke because that's sad as fuck
just pirate everything and don't give a fuck what the developers say on twitter or whatever
>>
>>389501567
Or you could try to prove me wrong, buddy.
>>
>>389501037
To be fair you often have the option to just tell people to fuck off.
Also the main plot has nothing to do with SJW crap.
>>
>>389501679
You are the one making the claim that Dragonfall is SJW propaganda. You show us evidence you inbred nigger.
>>
NuShadowrun is one of the most garbage games I've ever played
>>
>>389501658
It's a few minutes of my time and plenty timed saved from actually playing the game if it sucks. Of course I'll chime in or do what I can to stifle the devs but it's not a full-time job. Anyway it sounds like it sold badly so I'm feeling good about this ;)
>>
>>389497969
Returns is just garbage, Dragonfall bored me halfway through and I dind't even bother with Hong-Kong.

They tried to copy Xcom but forgot to add any tactical depth or fun skills, the story isn't that interesting either the only reason people care about these games is because there's literally nothing else to play if you want a new Cyberpunk game.
>>
>>389501779
It still breaks the immersion every time it comes up because of how blatant it is.
>>
>>389500042
Yeah, that is interesting.

We aren't exactly there yet, but close enough that it seems too modern to be cool. Still have hopes for the new Blade Runner.
>>
File: Larry_Foulke.jpg (96KB, 1012x676px) Image search: [Google]
Larry_Foulke.jpg
96KB, 1012x676px
>>389501679
It's set in Berlin which historically has had neonazi gangs (and actual nazis) and Shadowrun takes elements of real life and accelerates the fuck out of them? This is a setting with fucking illuminati-style organizations, corps run by dragons, the actual fucking devil and all sorts of other ridiculous shit, how is a fascist terror organization too much for you to handle?
And if fantasy shit using beast races/elves as an allegory for racism triggers you then you should probably stay away from the entire genre.
>>
>>389501903
>literally nothing else to play if you want a new Cyberpunk game

I must confess I haven't finished system shock 1 or 2 or deus ex because they looked too shitty to go back to and I'm 26 so I'm old af
>>
>>389502023
we're never going to quite arrive in the way fiction set us up to. but I think the key to creating great cyberpunk content is to never called it 'cyberpunk' now. needs a new spin. Even car adverts play cyberpunk music now in the background
>>
>>389502002
PROOF
WHERE
Theres a shitty mission where you kill neo-nazis and the racist ork that learns to not be a fucking idiot depending on what you do and thats all I can remember. Thats the thing about RPGs, you can choose, even if some options to be a faggot are there that doesn't mean you have to fucking pick them, making a shitty dystopic world and not adding any extremist idiots wouldn't be very realistic don't you think?
>>
>>389501903
>>389502038
>This is the kind of casual that browses /v/
>>
>>389502029
>how is a fascist terror organization too much for you to handle?

It isn't. If you had actually read my post you'd notice that i only have a problem with the lack of interactivity with said faction. Any other cRPG would allow you to join them in order to betray them or even rise through their ranks. That is the famous freedom that only a game without voice acting and cut scenes can give you but they don't which shows that they like them to be one dimensional bad guys to fight.
>>
>>389502306
>play the shit out of every game but one classic and intend to go back to it but now it looks too damn ugly
>am a casual

I love Morrowind but would I recommend it to anyone? Nope.
>>
>>389502306
>playing a simple RPG literally designed for Ipads
>not casual

choose one
>>
File: Screenshot (435).png (68KB, 421x116px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (435).png
68KB, 421x116px
>>389502231
Don't remember, don't care. All I know is that I dropped the game because of it. Stay mad.
>>
>>389502306
Except nuShadowrun is literally the most casual wrpg there is. It was made for phones for fuck's sake.
>>
>>389502615
>22 hours
I'm pretty sure thats enough for a playthrough.
>>
>>389499993

Hong Kong was flat out the best one. The first two were them trying to figure out how to get back into making good RPGs, and HK was just them making a good RPG.
>>
>>389502702
Loading times were horrible, I died a few times and had to reload and I've tried to do every single sidequest.
>>
File: 1503947381873.gif (135KB, 640x398px) Image search: [Google]
1503947381873.gif
135KB, 640x398px
>mfw you can transfer your PC/Steam save to a tablet and load the save just fine
FUCKING NICE
>>
>>389502812
what can I expect that's not like returns? This has reading.. edgy dialogue.. lacklustre environments. No sense that my character is my own.
>>
>>389502462
I don't disagree with you on that point, it would be neat to be able to infiltrate them or something, it's just I don't think this is 'SJW as fuck' or whatever.
To be honest they were basically a throwaway enemy 'bandit' faction which again isn't that great, they could have explored them more.
Makes me think of the slavers in fallout, it's a shame that people are too afraid to put proper 'evil' options that aren't 'lol i kill u' in modern RPGs.
>>
>>389497969
i dropped returns halway through, and played dragonfall DC up until i got the alternate ending where you kill your team

having to click everywhere is obnoxious and the missions get dull and repetitive but i enjoyed roleplaying as my character which is what an RPG is about
>>389499993
>SJW agenda
it pushes anarchism i guess, but you can always roleplay like you're just there for the money

and again you can just kill dietrich in the end lol
>>
>>389502923
Well if it's anything like Dragonfall there's even less sense that your character is your own.
>>
>>389502952
And you can join the slaver factions in Fallout up until Fallout 4. Never said it was SJW as fuck either, i said that said faction is the SJWs dream that would finally justify their lust for killing racists because said racists are now finally the violent terrorists they've always been seeing them as even if that inbred hick just doesn't like mexicans, they still want him dead.
>>
>>389502923

The environments are much better, and it's not quite so edgy. You have more control over your character, but it's still a bit railroaded.

If you didn't like the amount of text and the combat you still won't like this. The only difference here is the quality, pacing and writing is better.
>>
>>389503365
>Fallout 4 is sanitized to hell and back
kill me
>>
>>389497969

git gud
>>
>>389503952
ebin roast, MLG
>>
>>389503872
Well technically there is Nuka World but it doesn't affect the rest of the game or even the story. You can mod hookers into towns and settlements but it's clear that Beth didn't want to wake any sleeping dogs which is why they removed the oldest profession from the wasteland.
>>
>>389503952
But the games are way too easy.
I always play on max difficulty and the only part that gave me any kind of trouble was a fight in the DLC for Hong Kong where you can kill everybody instead of handing them the loli scientist.
>>
File: 1492371511861.jpg (39KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492371511861.jpg
39KB, 600x600px
>>389503365
>killing nazis is SJW
Do you need a safes pace? Is something that has been part of American pop-culture for the past 80 years too triggering for you?
>>
>>389504847
killing commies has been a part of American pop-culture for the past 80 years too

idc about the killing nazis mission but being forced to live in an anarchist commune and work with an anarchist party member is really annoying
>>
>>389505136
You can tell him to fuck off and kill his niece though. Thats pretty brutal.
>>
>>389505136
> but being forced to live in an anarchist commune and work with an anarchist party member is really annoying
You mean Shadowrun, a game about Shadowrunners, a group of people who have destroyed their ID and live outside the system... are Anarchists? WOW It's almost like that's what the fucking tabletop game was about.
>>
>>389497969
It was too much reading for me. I'm not gonna knock the game over it, some people like that. But it's not my thing. Quick dialogue boxes don't scare me, it's the walls of texts that do for some reason.
>>
>>389505334
>You can tell him to fuck off and kill his niece though
nephew

i turned him because it gave me karma
> Thats pretty brutal.
i'd rather he didn't exist at all
>>389505413
> a group of people who have destroyed their ID and live outside the system
shadowrunners aren't anarchists you idiot they're mercenaries who work for corporations and shit, they're part of the system

dietrich is a literal fucking anarchist and just looking at him annoys me
>>
>>389504847
Just mindlessly killing any faction that has deeper motivations/philosophy than 'gimme your shit or i kill you but i'll kill you anyway just because' deserves to be explored in much deeper fashion especially in a cRPG that isn't voiced, doesn't have animated dialogue or cut scenes. That's why people play cRPGs, for the freedom to roleplay.
>>
>>389505729
yeah it's really fucking weird that you can work for an actual terrorist organisation in the Lodge but neonazis is a step too far

choosing to work with the nazis obviously wouldn't work because you live in an anarchist enclave, which is another reason i hate having to live there
>>
>>389505413
Not all shadowrunners are anarchists though.
>>389505623
>Min maxing instead of roleplaying
Also you can just don't bring Dietrich with you, you have more companions and you also have the option to hire external help. I did that with Is0bel in Hong Kong, the little niggress fucker was too annoying for me.
>>
>>389505623
>they're part of the system

Most of them aren't actually. A good number of shadowrunners have no SIN(future social security number)and as such don't legally exist. Corps(or whoever else wants to hire them to do shady shit)can thus easily use them as deniable assets.
>>
File: 1492583424571.gif (2MB, 270x340px) Image search: [Google]
1492583424571.gif
2MB, 270x340px
>SR:R games come out
>General agreement that they are pretty good on /v/
>Multiple threads talking about it
>Time passes
>People hate it now

Like fucking clockwork. God damn this really is the worst board.
>>
>>389504123
>Cait sold to slavery
>but only after she turned EXACTLY 18
>in a lawless Wasteland
>>
>>389506118
Those are some nice possums but /v/ is not one person, it's kinda necessary to have some anons with different opinions or this shit would become a circlejerk.
>>
>>389506118
>people are honestly afraid of these things

Meanwhile, raccoons get a free pass despite being far more dangerous and disease riddled.
>>
>>389506362
yeah and look at OP.. (me) I clearly didn't even play the game and came here asking what I was doing "wrong" i,e I'm pretty sure there's a consensus that it's an ok game, what gives.. it's shit.
>>
File: JA2 113 + Arulco Revisited.png (2MB, 1681x1050px) Image search: [Google]
JA2 113 + Arulco Revisited.png
2MB, 1681x1050px
>>389501903
Xcom combat is shit, even more so for a game which has only a bare-bones story. If you want good turn-based tactical combat you'd play JA2 1.13 or the 7.62 games.

There's a port of Shadowrun Returns/Dead Man's Switch for SR: Hong Kong, though. It alleviates a few issues that the original had with its engine, although combat is still too easy.
Personally I found DMS to have its high notes, but it's definitely the weakest game of the three. Hong Kong is by far the best one, only lacking in the ending (which Dragonfall and DMS did better).

Haven't played the epiloque missions for SR: HK yet, though.
>>
>>389506312
Yup, just implying that Cait was, to us, a minor would have been a bridge too far for Bethesda.
>>
>>389500170
you know that cyberpunk has always been about fighting ''the system'' and ''the man'' long before the SJW wave right?
>>
>>389506000
>Min maxing instead of roleplaying
i wasn't roleplaying as someone who fucking hated dietrich, killing the kid or getting karma made no difference to me
>Also you can just don't bring Dietrich with you, you have more companions and you also have the option to hire external help.
that's what i did for most of the game but it would give the plot more directions to go in if you weren't forced to be aligned with anarchists and you just lived in random gang territory or something
>>389506007
>Most of them aren't actually.
>Corps(or whoever else wants to hire them to do shady shit)
i don't literally mean they're not part of the state or whatever, i mean they work for corporations

like eiger isn't an anarchist
>>389506118
dragonfall was fine but it had some flaws and poor pacing and i never want to play another shadowrun game after going through it
>>389506452
> I'm pretty sure there's a consensus that it's an ok game
shadowrun returns has always been seen as shit
>>
>>389497969
You're not playing Dragonfall. played this after DF and HK, I can confirm that its hot garbage in comparison.
>>
>>389506515
>i can't follow the replies so i want anon to repeat himself a thousand times
>>
>>389506492
But why? You could enslave a loli in F3.
>>
>>389506728
If you don't see how entertainment media, and especially vidya, has changed in the last 5-6 years i can't help you.
>>
>>389506531
A Shadowrun game like that is probably way beyond the capacity of Harebrained Schemes.
>>
>>389506838
i'm not talking about larger in scope, you can adapt literally every scenario already in the game to the new setting easily

just being able to be paid off by the nazis and then you get a different text blurb and emails and BBS messages when you complete the mission would be enough
>>
Yeah, you aren't playing the Genesis game.
>>
does SJW even have a meaning around here anymore or is it "anything left of whatever /pol/ feels like at the moment"?
>>
>>389508356
I means the game was independently developed. I think someone called Hollowknight SJW trash.
>>
>>389508356
yeah i never got a sjw vibe from it even though i fucking hated dietrich

literally everyone was white for one thing
>>
>>389497969
yeah, crpgs aren't very fun. that's why they died.
>>
So is Dragonfall worth a playthrough? I'm dreadfully bored by it so far at three hours in and the only character's I don't fucking hate so far are the dog and a random drunken dwarf. Better than what I played of Returns, but still dull.
>>
>>389509914
>So is Dragonfall worth a playthrough? I'm dreadfully bored by it so far at three hours in and the only character's I don't fucking hate so far are the dog and a random drunken dwarf.
it doesn't get any better

i wasn't bored enough to drop it and i liked roleplaying and some of the interactions with party members but i didn't enjoy it overall
>>
>>389497969
Returns is the worst of the three
>>
>>389509914
at 3 hours- idk. It was more about the plot and the gameplay than the support characters for me. That being said I really didn't mind any of the characters other than Dietrich. If you're not having now it's unlikely that you will after 6 hours.
>>
>>389498052
I like this because it's probably true.
>>
>>389502463
>>389502550
He means you're casual fans of the cyberpunk genre and only suggest the most suggested.
>>
>>389502839
Glad you payed for it.
>>
File: Shadowrun-Matrix.png (26KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
Shadowrun-Matrix.png
26KB, 640x448px
>>
>>389510986
Yeah, whopping 9 merkelshekels for all three games.
>>
>>389497969
dragonfall is the better of the three games but returns has more mod campaigns to try out. if you can't get into retruns don't bother with hong kong just try one of the mod campaigns for returns or go on to dragonfall. i was enjoying returns campaign with the jack the ripper parody but after that it started to go down hill.
>>
>>389499017
if they're not into all the reading and slower pacing they're experiencing with returns i can't see how they would enjoy hong kong at all.
>>
File: header.jpg (42KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
42KB, 460x215px
REAL SHIT COMING THROUGH
>>
>>389502201
Shouldn't it just be punk now?
>>
>>389510835
I could read a phonebook slowly.. it's still shitty
>>
>>389506728
because social fucking politics happened. Read a fucking news paper.
>>
>>389511565
PAAHK THE CAAHR IN HAAARVAAHD YAAAHD!
>>
I'm /pol/ and I liked Dragonfall. The mission where you fight the fantasy-nazis is goofy and hamfisted, and the way all the vicious mercenaries you travel with suddenly turn into moralizing schoolmarms is cringey, but it wasn't that bad overall and it was just one mission.
>>
>>389501875
>Anyway it sounds like it sold badly so I'm feeling good about this ;)
it was a KS game, it was basically nothing but profit for them
>>
File: sjw.jpg (22KB, 476x188px) Image search: [Google]
sjw.jpg
22KB, 476x188px
>>389508356
The way it's thrown around at anything that has a bunch of minority or female characters in combat roles i'd say it's about as useful as nazi, white supremacist, liberal or RPG.

I still define it as pic related but it's getting incredibly difficult to use that shorthand and without being thrown in with retards that use it to describe anything left of /pol/.
>>
>>389498052
How do I level up reading speed?
>>
>>389514337
you see if it's on a page.. you can start at the 3rd word from the margin.. and you can also use your finger like a black person, it looks dumb but it's actually a lot quicker. then time yourself.
>>
>>389511197
This, best Shadowrun.
>>
>>389509914
Be patient with Gloria and she will open up to you.
Don't show weakness in front of Eiger, you are the boss after all, but don't be rude either.
All main characters have their little story arcs you can go through, even the dog is important later on.
>>
>>389514337
Read more often, it's an skill you can get from a video game that actually helps you in real life.
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.