[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started expert hardmode and everything is kicking my ass.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (62KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
62KB, 460x215px
I just started expert hardmode and everything is kicking my ass. What do I do? Terraria thread.
>>
git good
>>
Go for Cactus armor first, make a lead or tungstin bow to defend yourslef, then slowly work towards platinum bow and pickaxe and grind shadow armor or meteor armor after that. If you are feeling daring for for early game jungle armor.
>>
>>389493285
Enjoy it, because after the mechanical bosses you won't even notice you're playing expert anymore
>>
>>389493285
Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJYKsY0Vcts&ab_channel=MelodicStar
>>
>>389493285
get gud
>>
>>389493285
Hope you get a Shadowflame Knife from the new goblins
>>
>>389493285
You should've gotten a Pwnhammer from beating WoF. Use it to break demon altars to spawn in new metals in the world, harvest the ones you can, upgrade your furnace, anvil, and pick.

If things are really too bad for you, you can just make a new world and fish in the ocean for crates, then take the crates to your expert hardmode world and open them for hardmode metals.
>>
>>389493502
I'm a retard, I didn't see hardmode.
>>
Kill the Destroyer first so you can craft the Megashark as soon as possible.
>>
Head to the ocean. Fish are your friends. Get that pickaxe shark
>>
Grind for a giant harpy feather or for a frost golem feather.
>>
Make a Titanium repeater and spam holy arrows vs the Destroyer.
>>
>>389494390
This.
Fishing is way overpowered especially in hard mode.
>>
>50s
>house for [guide and] merchant
>bug net
>>
>>389493729
Plantera is still pretty amped up and is more of a change in difficulty than the mechanicals imo

>>389493285
What kind of build are you trying to run? Aside from that, get some sort of hardmode weapon (shadowflame knife is rad), get to full titanium/adamantium armor, kill the destroyer a few times for full hallow, and off you go.
>>
>>389497076
Magic, probably gonna make a golden shower for destroyer.
>>
>>389497375
I like the meteor staff for knocking out the destroyer (and other mechanicals) personally but that's fine. After that, the last game I did for magic used venom staff for Plantera, spectre/razorpine for Fishron, razorblade typhoon for pillars and golem, and nebula arcanum for moonlord.

In general just take your time to get your armor and weapons together and make sure you have a workable potion farm because having all those buffs makes a big difference. Getting good wings like >>389494681 says is also super helpful.
>>
>>389493285
>tfw started a save months back
>grind angler quests while fishing for food and potion ingredients
>have an idea to hoard crates right before hardmode
>get enough materials to make the new anvil, forge and a set of Titanium weapons, armor and tools
Backing up the fishing idea if you want to ruin the fun experience of everything being harder.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.