[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TF2 was so lighthearted. You didn't feel forced to pursue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 12

File: 54455a[1].jpg (292KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
54455a[1].jpg
292KB, 1680x1050px
TF2 was so lighthearted. You didn't feel forced to pursue an objective. You could "hang out" in the map with your friends.

But it's gone now. Please don't try to defend it. I just got done playing it--there isn't any sense of life in it anymore. Smart people will know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, what are some games that replicate that feeling? Of lightheartedness. Of being able to passively enjoy other people's conversations over voice, of just goofing off around the map.
>>
>>389483993
It's all over now.
Welcome to the era of every game with multiplayer trying way too hard to become the next big e-""""""""""sport"""""""""".
>>
>tfw to retarded for surf_

(insert conehead wojak.jpg)
>>
>>389484074
What the fuck happened? It had to have been Twitch.tv. PC gaming going mainstream was a mistake. God, you can even see it in new PC hardware. Everything is "gamer" this or "gamer" that. Gaming chairs. And it affects the hobby itself. Games are not being made for us anymore! They will call us crazy. "Things have always been this way." even though you and I know better.
>>
>>389483993
You sound like one of the stupid faggots doing the Kick on the 2Fort bridge and screaming "KICK HIM" every time you get killed.
Good riddance, stay gone.
>>
>>389484438
''gamer-'' prefixed hardware originated in console culture tho
>>
>>389484530
You're wrong. I'm sorry. I don't have the patience to explain this to you. If you don't get it, that's your loss.
>>
>>389484615
It's much worse now. "Gaming monitors" are now a thing. It's embarrassing. Zowie Gaming Monitor for CS GO Pros 144hz Epic Refresh Rate K1ll3r Display. It's fucking embarrassing. It wasn't like this before. I'm not crazy. Don't try to gaslight me. I've been here before they existed.
>>
>>389484438
Youtube personalities, Twitch, and devs all trying to make the next e-sport sucked all the life out of multiplayer games and made them into bland, soulless, "super srs bzns" no fun allowed sludgefests.
>>
>>389483993
Nice reddit spacing
>>
>>389484749
whoa there buddy it's time to take your meds
>>
>>389484781
You're a part of the problem.

>>389484804
I miss 2007. I know there's nothing inside of your head. The new generation of people I'm subjected to are intolerable. People like you are why I want to kill myself every day. You don't understand what it's like to lose your only outlet.
>>
File: lauf.jpg (61KB, 410x468px) Image search: [Google]
lauf.jpg
61KB, 410x468px
>reddit spacing
>no arguments
great thread
>>
>>389484925
I'm about to be pushed over the edge. I'm seriously considering making my own -chan website where memes like "Reddit spacing" and "cuck" result in a permaban.

You stupid fucking kids drive me up the wall. Every last one of you is a newfag who lies about how long you've been here.
>>
>>389484897
Nothing against your point of view it's just that you talk like someone with schizophrenia and adhd
>>
>>389483993
The fuck do you mean its gone now?
>>
>>389485054
cuck
>>
>>389485054
Maybe take a break?
>>
>>389484749
Who hurt you
>>
File: 1504721789619.png (42KB, 460x332px) Image search: [Google]
1504721789619.png
42KB, 460x332px
>>389485054
This is bait, right?
>>
File: 1500594522581.jpg (30KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
1500594522581.jpg
30KB, 295x295px
>>389485054
Nice reddit spacing cuck, i've been here 16 years.
>>
>>389485054
>I'm going to make my own website where I'll ban anyone saying mean words

literally just make a subreddit
>>
>>389485060
OK.

>>389485101
I mean the kind of people who played TF2 before it went free-to-play don't play it anymore. It doesn't feel the same. You can't meet anyone worthwhile on TF2 anymore.

>>389485246
Why would it be bait? Do you seriously think that stupid shit is funny? I knew it was going to catch on because of how retarded the majority of posters on this awful website are. Cuck is one of the worst memes. Why the fuck do you like it? Because everyone else does? Do you even think for yourself, you fucking idiot? You're just as bad as the "normies" you probably criticize. It's the power of influence, and it fucking controls you. Cuck is funny because everyone else thinks it's funny! Except it's not. It was dead before it caught on.
>>
>>389485349
It bothers me because it's not funny. It doesn't hurt my feelings. I wouldn't expect you to understand, considering how appalled you seem to be at the concept of someone not liking forced memes.
>>
>>389483993
>You didn't feel forced to pursue an objective.
why would I be playing a game otherwise
why not going somewhere else to socialize
>>
File: shrug.jpg (17KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
17KB, 500x327px
>turn on TF2
>pick a random server like always
>Game is just as fun as usual

The fuck are you people talking about? Why do people keep calling TF2 shit?
>>
>>389485495
Because the community it had to offer was unique, and a home for people like me who didn't fit in with the communities of other games, like World of Warcraft or Call of Duty. But they've all blended together, now.
>>
>>389485370
Why are you being rude to me???
downvoted! >:(
>>
>>389485619
My masochistic side is keeping me in this thread. God. It just confirms everything that upsets me. The way people say the same, predictable shit on this website. Everything is fucking Reddit. Holy shit. Everything is Reddit. I swear. This is the problem with websites getting popular. The quality of discussion is inversely proportional to the number of users on any given website.
>>
>>389485485
Sure but once you start enforcing rules like that you've already lost the spirit of the place you so fondly remember

You can't create an atmosphere like that, a community generates its own. Enforcing rules to try and mold a community (>implying you'd have one) into what you remember could never lead to one like it
>>
>>389485537
You're clueless and the ideal audience for Valve in its current state. I'm sorry.
>>
>>389483993
>You could "hang out" in the map with your friends
This is autistic. You're autistic if you do this.
>>
File: 1490904050740.jpg (62KB, 650x842px) Image search: [Google]
1490904050740.jpg
62KB, 650x842px
I remember joining a 2fort server back in 09 I think where everyone on the blu team was down in the intelligence room just hanging out and fucking around with like 4 or 5 sentry guns all over the place. Any time someone from the red team tried to make off with the intel, they were obliterated in seconds, either by the sentries or literally everyone on the blue team. At some point the reds completely took over our base, but it didn't matter since we had the intel room locked down air tight, but in the rare instances where someone did die, we would set up a fucking rescue team to go up and clear out the reds camping in front of the spawn and bring them back down with us just so we could all fuck around in the saftey of the intel room.

I met a guy in that server that would end up being a really good friend who would introduce me to a group of dudes I'd play anything and everything with for the next 3 or 4 years. I fell out of contact with most of them sadly. Those were good times.
>>
>>389485370
While the community is filled with squeakers and bronies now, I wouldnt say nobody is worthwhile. Its still fun so people still play it. Its doing suprisingly well for 10 years old
>>
>>389485054
That website already exists, it's called reddit
>>
>>389486063
Do you ever just look at yourself and realize how pretentious you sound? How is this post not bait again?
>>
>>389483993
I know this might sound shocking, but Team Fortress 2 is not like Habbo, Club Penguin or Second Life, it's actually a team-based multiplayer shooter where you're supposed to pursue the objective to win
>>
File: c53.png (171KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
c53.png
171KB, 500x708px
>>389483993
Although plenty are autism-fests, a lot of servers on TF2 (and other Source-shooters still, hell even Gmod still has some stuff outside Dark/Fallout RP) still have these type of modded "hangout or fuck-around" servers still going on, lately I've come back to them each night after legitimate matches.

Otherwise, Chivalry has a few similar servers, and Splatoon lobbies might be the same. Better enjoy Miiverse while it lasts.

Splitscreen-multiplayer with friends in-person is a good reverse alternative if nothing else. Even if in competitive fighting games.
>>
>>389486532
And it isn't to regularly post on a weeaboo autism-magnet like 4chan?
>>
File: MoNiYlH.png (2MB, 856x861px) Image search: [Google]
MoNiYlH.png
2MB, 856x861px
>>389484781
>>389484925
>>389485187
>>389485336
>>389485246
>>389485349
>>389485604
>>389485619
>>389486736
>DUDE REDDIT LMAO
>>
The faggot is right
Tf2 is fucking dead with the community
>>
Rabid neo-/v/ and nu-/v/ underage kids will get extremely upset when they see people talking about the golden age of TF2. That game was the last truly great multiplayer game on PC, nothing comes close to the sense of community and good times. Now every game is dev owned master servers, casual/comp matchmaking, no community outside of chinkscord/reddit, etc
>>
>>389484639
is this pasta
>>
>>389487040
>calling anything an autism-fest while posting pokemon
lmao
>>
File: projecting.jpg (29KB, 490x333px) Image search: [Google]
projecting.jpg
29KB, 490x333px
>>389487134
>>
>>389487370
You seem upset
>>
>>389483993
You say literally any of this like it's a bad thing. If you're one of those 'friendly' faggots, you can fuck off. You're part of the cancer killing TF2. If you want an online chat room, go play second life.
>>
>>389486050
Not him but the original state of 4chan was basically a small gathering of likeminded folks shooting the shit and creating content related to stuff they enjoyed.
Not the "ooh look at how many forced memes I can fit into a reply" bullshit we see so much of nowadays.
>>
>>389488126
I know, and I'm telling him that language policing arbitrarily selected phrases won't bring back those people.
>>
The idle servers are still there and many servers still have maps were people play casually.

Or are you one of the pioneers of those friendly faggots who did nothing while people wanted to play the objective?
>>
>>389487693
You do know autism can get higher or lower functioning right?

I mean I highly doubt you're a Chad coming onto here and therefore have at least some experience yourself.
>>
>>389487778
Either you're retarded or have absolutely no idea where you're browsing right now.
>>
>>389487550
this
>>
There is always the game of dildo and anus you can play if a video game ist too much for your faggot feelings. it will replicate your gay lightheartedness just fine.
>>
>>389488252
Oh true true. Even creating a new site wouldn't bring back those people either.
Time's keep on changin
>>
>>389483993
>why do people keep trying to capture the points?
>why is everyone trying to push that cart?
>why does that guy keep stabbing people?
>why cant we just like, be friends and stuff?

maybe tf2 isnt your game, op. i like it.
>>
>>389488757
you're missing the point
>>
>>389483993
Sounds to me like you're a nostalgia blinded cynic
>>
>>389487550
>chinkscord
Was there some leak I missed?
I knew discord was malware cancer from the beginning, but I haven't heard about it being ran by the Chinese.
>>
>>389488815
I get it. you just suck at the video game.
>>
>>389484438
"Competitive" Matchmaking skinner box
>>
>>389488815
No, you're missing the point because you aren't trying to capture it.
>>
I do miss the feeling of community in TF2. Not so much being friendlyfags, but just shooting the shit with others on a community server and enjoying the game. I guess it's just that sometimes you wanna go where everybody knows your name, and they're always glad you came. You wanna be where you can see, our troubles are all the same. You wanna be where everybody knows your name.
>>
I miss when TF2 wasn't full of autistic faggots that instantly votekick for micspamming. Newfags don't know that TF2 was literally the micspam game when it came out in 2007, and most servers, not just private ones like partyvan, were full of micspam.
>>
>>389483993
>>389484074
Although I never played TF2, I have to agree with these sentiments.
I used play a certain series with heavy multiplayer elements. In the beginning pvp was wild. Attacking was supposed to be like being a monster, and defending was about surviving against the odds.
Dueling was merely an optional side thing, but as time went on players became obsessed with it. Metagaming, getting mad when the person trying to kill you doesn't be polite first, demanding that everything be "fair", super serious fights with rules, etc. The developers gave in, and completely lost sight of why the pvp existed in the first place.

I remember a time when this tourneyfag obsession was mostly associated with Smash Bros. How did it spread and become so pervasive?
>>
>>389489963
>Join server
>Two autistic teenagers in neon paint literally just doing nothing in base
>Have an autism fit when I start micspamming and instantly kick me
Reminder to never, ever enable 2fort
>>
I remember having tons of fun in CS Source in zombie, surf and hide n seek servers. Also scouring fpsbanana.com for kewl skins. Now it's just serious as fuck or insane russian kids micspamming and people literally paying hundreds of dollars for skins.

You will never come close to the amount of sheer fun that was had in those days. Learn to live with it asshole, everyone is in the same boat.
>>
File: umadkonane.jpg (28KB, 479x466px) Image search: [Google]
umadkonane.jpg
28KB, 479x466px
>>389490276
>2fort is the best and most balanced map for team fortress ever since the original quake days
>fast forward to 2017, autistic friendly faggots and people who use cosmetics use it as "the fuckaround map" and I can't ever get a semi- serious 2fort game going without half of both teams dancing on the bridge together
I'm so fucking angry
>>
>>389483993
>You could "hang out" in the map with your friends.
t. friendly
killing you 30 times effortlessly still satisfies me cuck
>>
>>389484438
esportsification is what I call it. It's not so much a cultural thing that's caused this loss of chill, CAL and ESL have been around for a while, but this push to have a league built into the game has killed any sort of communal feeling in multiplayer games.

This includes, but is not limited do.
>Matchmaking: taking away the ability of players to sort themselves into communities befitting their skill level, location, and interests. Instead putting it into the hands of servers sorting people by rank or ELO.
>Competitive modes with a focus on ranks and ELO. League of Legends really started this off, but then FPS games like CS:GO were quick to follow. In the past if people wanted to get competitive they'd just reach out to other teams and schedule scrims on private servers, now the main mode of play is like this all the time.
>Lower player count and focus on the metagaming built around that leads to less server variety. Mobas and CSGO's 5 on 5, and Overwatch and Comp TF2's 6 on 6. In the past 10 player CS Servers used to be almost unheard of, but competitive meta has pushed CSGO to be almost entirely 5v5.
>And with all that I said above, comes the obvious loss of any fun on private servers. No 24v24, no music, no all voice chat, no fun at all.
>>
>>389483993

I think this feeling came more from having dedicated servers then anything. You could always come back to the same regulars and you were stuck with each other through the different maps, things being mixed up via team scrambles.

This tryhard "everyone's a pro" bullshit needs to stop, overwatch has the competitive depth of a fucking puddle yet it's got the whole ladder system with numbers so retards can feel better about being carried by their teams.

Fuck me, esports was a mistake
>>
>>389483993

tf2 was garbage even on release. tfc was better. tf2 was for normalfags, just look at those meet the medic or meet the heavy videos, fuck this shit
>>
File: 1491344233286.jpg (98KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1491344233286.jpg
98KB, 500x380px
Why is everyone on online games such a fucking tool nowadays? You have people who think they're some sort of equivalent of an athlete for being good at a video game. Companies are even pandering to these people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPSgWDJucek
>>
>>389494362
>nowadays
lol, i remember people calling each other "shit eating faggot LPB" (low ping bastard) in quake team fortress in 1996, it's nothing new, sport.
>>
>>389483993
Fags "hanging out" instead of actually playing was the cancer the marked the end of TF2.
>>
>>389483993
>You could "hang out" in the map with your friends.
you're exactly the kind of person who is responsible for why tf2 died. you probably had fashion shows with your gay ass hats
>>
>>389495253

This. OP is the cancer that brought us hats.
>>
>>389483993
this thread is awful
>>
>If you aren't following the competitive bleeding edge meta then you're a toxic player who needs to be reported

Pretty much this.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.