[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do game communities that are popular for being toxic/cancerous/autistic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: header_mjMZYb9-460x215.jpg (56KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header_mjMZYb9-460x215.jpg
56KB, 460x215px
Do game communities that are popular for being toxic/cancerous/autistic just that way because the game is designed to make people that way or is it because the developers do nothing to combat it?

Pic related.
>>
File: 1347248972312.jpg (10KB, 279x291px) Image search: [Google]
1347248972312.jpg
10KB, 279x291px
>>389483859
>toxic
>>
haven't played RL since it first launched, is it really cancerous now?? the worst I ever saw was people and myself spamming "what a save"
>>
Any single game that can be perceived in competitive any way at all will have these "toxic" players. Especially if ranking or elo is included in any way
>>
>>389483859
First of all, pic unrelated. Second there are hackers, there are retards that leave important games, there are literal, actual mentally challenged idiots who shouldn't be allowed to interact with other humans and who will ruin your game and devs do literally nothing about any of those things, but you're concerned the most about some guy who say fuck a lot AND gets banned for typing a meanie word on the internet? People like you are the problem and should be removed from the gene pool.
>>
>>389484101
More cancerous than most IMO. The nature of the gameplay 1v1 2v2 lends itself to being more personal/competitive.
>>
>make game competitive
>give people ranks
>people naturally assume their rank is a reflection of their personhood
>losing is 100x worse, winning seen as deserved rather than achieved
competitive games are cancer. remember back in the day when you just went to your favorite server and had fun and if you were good everyone knew it? and if you wanted a challenge, you joined a clan for organized fun
>>
File: j8h6a8zjnglx.jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
j8h6a8zjnglx.jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
>>389484370
Found the toxic/cancerous/autistic player.
>>
>>389484968
You can still do that my friend, even in Rocket League.
>>
>>389483859
Competitive games lead to competitive behavior
>>
File: 1479377453035.jpg (131KB, 747x548px) Image search: [Google]
1479377453035.jpg
131KB, 747x548px
>>389484985
Found the retard.
>>
>>389485131
How? matchmaking brought the toxicity
>>
>>389485402
You can play unranked and you can play in private servers with your friends.
When you play unranked it's the same thing as your "back in the day", there are no ranks, everybody starts the game as random strangers and the most skilled ones will shine.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.