[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it too late to try out the division? Is it worth picking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 574934298345.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
574934298345.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
Is it too late to try out the division?
Is it worth picking up the season pass for if im only going to play the pve content?
>>
It recently got a free update to there should be people to play with.

I got the season pass and I regret it. Didn't really add anything of value.
>>
>>389479821
Don't get the season pass unless the game modes in it are something you like since that and some skins are all that come in it. The only pve focused DLC isn't even good for endgame gear so you're better off just getting the base game.
>>
>>389479821
It recently got an update that added global events and new equipment mods, and there's another big update coming later this fall that unlocks a new PvE zone, new PvE and PvP modes, and a bunch of mechanics reworks; both updates are free. This is after over a year of other updates and expansions that have revamped the game from its dismal launch state into a much more robust title.

So no, it's not too late to jump into the Division; in fact, it's a very good time to jump in.
>>
>>389479994
>>389480309
For the record, the season pass gets you the three paid DLC expansions.
>Underground is a PvE expansion that gives you procedurally generated dungeons (the tunnels under Manhattan)
>Survival is a PvE/PvP expansion that turns the game into a DayZ-esque survival game: scavenge materials and weapons, craft clothes and gear, stave off hunger and thirst, and complete the mission before either the cold, a contracted disease, hostile NPCs or other players kill you
>Last Stand is a PvP expansion and is basically King of the Hill with a bunch of extra bells and whistles
The upcoming 1.8 update is free and will provide a new PvE horde mode, and a new dedicated 4v4 team deathmatch mode.

I got the season pass myself, and I got a lot of mileage out of Underground and Survival. Essentially, the season pass is to make sure you're not locked out of content. Players are still clamoring that at this point, the three expansions should be offered for free so as not to fragment the player base.
>>
>>389480325
Have there been updates in regards to the combat in the game? Specifically in regards to enemy health values, I remember people complaining around release about how bulletspongy the enemies can get.
>>
>>389481170
Patch 1.4 reduced the time to kill so its a bit faster.
>>
>>389481170
To my knowledge, yes, various mechanics have been changed surrounding the combat and number-crunching. Enemies aren't as spongy as they once were.
>>
>>389481297
>>389481387
Great, thanks. I'll definitely buy it later today then.
>>
>>389481450
The season pass has some decent modes, but the queues for survival and last stand take a bit of time since there arent a lot of people playing those modes
>>
File: The Division New York Collapse.jpg (453KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The Division New York Collapse.jpg
453KB, 1800x1200px
>>389479821
Story mode is pretty cool, try to get a friend to play it with you. Me and my buddy really enjoyed it all. When you finish the story it's time to grind gear if you're into this. For how cheap this game must be at this point, I can definitively recommend it. I even bought pic related because I was so sucked into the whole world and the atmosphere of this game.
>>
>>389481612
At worst, it takes a few minutes for those queues to pop.
>>
>>389481676
Yes, credit where credit is due: the story mode (the bulk of the levelling experience) is pretty good for what it is. The core story is compelling, and all the extra collectibles (phone logs, dossiers, found footage, recreations of specific moments and scenes, etc) add a lot of additional flavor.
>>
File: division 2.jpg (115KB, 389x1013px) Image search: [Google]
division 2.jpg
115KB, 389x1013px
Post agents.
>>
File: dvc.png (899KB, 720x992px) Image search: [Google]
dvc.png
899KB, 720x992px
>>389483341
>predator holster
>HE kneepads
lmao
>>
>>389485087
You're not much better, you Green Beret Stormtrooper-lookin' motherfucker.
>>
File: Division.png (616KB, 397x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Division.png
616KB, 397x1066px
>>389483341
Still waiting on Torn Tape - Orange.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.