[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion on this game? If you think it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 25

File: 51247499.jpg (124KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
51247499.jpg
124KB, 1200x1200px
What's your opinion on this game?

If you think it sucks explain why.
>>
>>389466479
Couldnt get into the sequel for some reason, despite it being good. But I played the shit out of the first one and loved it.
>>
>>389466606

My nigga

My sentiments exactly
>>
It's really fucking good. The DLCs are great too. And so is the sequel. And Death of the Outsider is probably gonna be as well. Have it pre-ordered.
>>
>>389466479
1st is god tier, 2nd was ehh
>>
>>389467368

What makes the second worse than the original
>>
Whiskey and cigars
>>
For me, it was good if you find a style and stick to it, and also investigate most subquests in a level. I went with low chaos and high stealth and basically curbed my enthousiasm for 70% of the fatal OP abilities.

It was the closest thing to a Thief game anything got since the original trilogy. Haven't played the sequel but I plan to once it gets a reasonably priced ''''''goty'''''' edition - and a new videocard, because apparently it's a lot more taxing on moderate hardware.
>>
>>389466479
sounds like op already knows it sucks
>>
>>389466479
I couldn't keep making Bioshock connections in my head and the whole game felt like "lets add some unnecessary stealth to Bioshock but to make room for it we'll take out 75% of the plasmids). While I do like that the game gives actually decent reasons for no kill/stealth runs, these runs are insanely unfun thanks to getting caught once basically requiring a restart and that of the many tools given to you only maybe 3 are ok for nonlethal runs. I honestly didn't understand how this game go the mass appeal it did, but I'm willing to chalk it up to me just not really liking the game as opposed to something being particularly wrong with it.
>>
File: 1501993785798.gif (412KB, 189x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501993785798.gif
412KB, 189x300px
the second was nice. although i dont know anyone who decided to play as corvo because of story continuity. emilys powers were pretty meh and the addition of more non-lethal gadgets, powers and takedowns were nice for those trying to do non lethal.
>>
Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?
>>
>>389468146
Blow off, choffer
>>
>>389466606
>>389466728
Same, wtf.

Subsequent playthroughs in 2 always felt underwhelming, and I found myself always taking the exact same paths
>>
File: 1498702617563.jpg (171KB, 750x404px) Image search: [Google]
1498702617563.jpg
171KB, 750x404px
>>389468035
>I honestly didn't understand how this game go the mass appeal it did
i do
>>
lack of enemy types, dumb AI, you're superman, full of irrelevant books/collectibles, console-tier sub 1k vram textures, lack of weapons, so-very-ugly faces... like what was supposed to be good about this game?
>>
>>389468146

chances are very good
>>
>>389468035
you're a bioshock baby, here's your problem

you bioshock baby
>>
fun but i played it on consoles so it wasn't the same experience as pc with precise fast blinking

>>389467801
not him but the story didn't matter except a character swap no matter if you chose emily or corvo. emily felt like she was best played high chaos while corvo was pretty much daud
>>
>>389467946

It's one of my all time favorite games. I just know /v/ hates everything and was curious about what you fags might hate about it
>>
>>389466479
It's way too fucking simple.
>>
It's a good adventure "immersive sim" or whatever. The levels are well detailed with smooth controls which makes explorations feels so good. The powers are great and they did a good job for making the players getting creative with it, like StealthGamingBR dude. The stealth portion is kinda weak but playable and rarely frustrating. The game is mostly about exploring anyway. And, the DLCs are fantastic.

The second is technically a great sequel that address many problems from the first one, but the plot is just so fucking boring that I lost motivations to get going.

Prey is still better than both of them.
>>
I loved the first one, its perfect to me in every way.

The second was good, it had problems, the gameplay was better, but the story lacked and using a DLC character as the main antagonist was a big problem.

If there is ever a third one, they should disconnect themselves from Corvo and co.
>>
>>389468406
/v/ is a bunch of contrarian depressed weeb faggots

Like anyone cares about this place. Even marketers don't
>>
>>389468146
Never doubt it!
>>
>>389468035
Bioshock is one of my favorite games and it feels nothing like Dishonored, you're just a tard
>>
>>389466479
Fun as hell. Stealth options for low chaos to preserve a fuckup are limited though, or hell, they're limited period. I used the super choke rune and tranq darts basically the whole game. I need to do a high chaos run still

Oh, and some points in this game are hilariously fucked up. Best example is the pacifist route in the Lady Doyle mission where you send her off to rape island
>>
>>389468484
>prey
i liked the level design but everything else about it i didn't like
>>
>>389466479

is this remaster fucked or good?
>>
>>389468406
Jesus christ, what a sensitive baby
>>
>>389466479
1st is great, not interested in playing second despite owning it because it runs like dogsgit and frankly isn't as appealing.
>>
>>389468734
Prey is the best game of 2017
You're just a brainlet and a dicklet
>>
>>389468683
Every single non-lethal assassinations are fucked up in their own way

>>389468734
I can see that. The game isn't perfect and not for everybody. Personally, it's currently my favorite game next to New Vegas.
>>
>>389468035
>While I do like that the game gives actually decent reasons for no kill/stealth runs, these runs are insanely unfun thanks to getting caught once basically requiring a restart
That's not true at all. You can reload if you want but you can escape too.
>>
it has no soul

it's a mish mash of the FPS RPG and stealth ala thief tropes, which makes some things neat like dark messiah first person game.. but overall there is too much scripting and not enough interesting stuff going on or interactivity. reminds me of deus ex HR having blatant binary paths for "stealth" and aggressive gameplay. it's too contrived.
>>
How does this series run on PC? I've got a 1070
>>
File: 1435.png (124KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1435.png
124KB, 680x680px
>>389468683
The book shows she easily took control of the guy that kidnapped her and had him killed and took over his wealth.
>>
>>389466479
great game, still need to play 2

>>389468770
it's fine, but not worth it if you own the original since there's nothing added besides all the original DLC

and it runs at 30, which is really annoying. I could understand why keeping it at 60 during intense combat scenes with frozen time shenanigans would be hell, but if you do a stealth run there's never much happening, they should at least have given the option to unlock the framerate. This is one of the few games where a variable framerate makes sense.
>>
>>389469050
The first one runs gracefully. But the second one runs like a dumpster fire even with the latest patch.
>>
Had it's moments
>randomized Boyle
>the one i got was the lustful one
>just asked if she wanted to fuck and she took me to her room
>kill her, loot the entire place and leave
>>
>>389469050
1st will have no issues but 2 is the most horribly optimized shit ever
>>
>>389468801

I'm curious about others opinions on a game so I'm a sensitive baby?

Are you literally autistic?
>>
>Want to use OP powers
>But also stealth
My autism prevents me from enjoying it. On another note, Prey was great.
>>
>>389466606
I'm in the same boat.
>>
>>389466479
A must play in my book and even the dlc where great (no wait...the trails where shit)
>>
>>389469332
>First playthrough: Pure stealth ghost
>Second playthrough: Genocide
Solved your problem
>>
>>389469047

>overall there is too much scripting and not enough interesting stuff going on or interactivity

Did you even play the game?
>>
>>389469047
>it has no soul

That game is pure fucking soul. The game director obviously loves the world and it shows.

You say its too binary but there is a so much you can do. The side missions like the art dealer or the finale slackjaw mission is where you can embrace you "grey"ness.
>>
>>389466479
that vehicle looks like an apc from hl2...
>>
>>389466479
Both it and 2 are perfect.
They're like Dark Messiah with stealth.

Basically 9/10 games.
>>
>>389469561
The art designer for HL2 was the art designer for Dishonored as well
>>
>>389468734
I just picked up Prey, 4 hours in and it's possibly beating Nier for my GOTY. I didn't click with dishonored at all, but Prey is right up my alley. I just wish Prey had a blink ability, that was one of my favorite things about dishonored but it wouldn't really fit in prey
>>
>>389466479
I dont think it sucks per se but I just can't grasp the concept of stealth in first person. Which is strange but I fucking loved Deus Ex Human Revolution.
>>
>>389469332
flesh & steel
ghost

I can only think of one particular instance where blink is required to complete the game but just like never use outsider powers ever and it's instantly more fun

my only complaint is that you have to wear your stupid fucking mask that literally everyone in the world recognizes except when you're at a party and everyone forgets. the outsider powers should have been replaced with a disguise system
>>
>>389469740
i think the goo gun is brilliant but the enemies and looting is not my favorite thing
>>
I liked it but had some big issues
>blink OP, especially due mana recharge
>many powers were lethal
>extremely ugly
>non-lethal villain takedowns felt were than actually killing them
>upgrade system did little for nonlethal
>except for sleep dart nothing was there for nonlethal
>why do more rats/weepers spawn if I have a turn corpse to ash ability?
>high/low chaos was really at odds with gameplay in general, game shouldve supported nonlethal play instead of making it the base and being called bad for killing dudes
>no option to carry the target back and lock him up for due process later
>betrayal by loyalists felt really stupid and forseeable
>>
>low chaos
>get to Daud
>easy I'll just stop time waltz up and grab the key
>stop time and run up to him
>turns around, laughs, and engages me
>stick with the fight
>his assassins jump in
>he stops time because he wants to keep it 1v1

What a fucking encounter hot damn
>>
>>389467801
Something I noticed in 2, is that a lot of the level-design was generally bad. In 1, there were reasons to take separate paths, or to go through a certain area, or whatever, because they gave you pertinent information, or certain tactical advantages.

So in 1, one of the first missions is to kill/brand the Overseer. The first thing is that you have to navigate through the city just to get to him, which is fun. (A lot of missions in 2 slap you right in front of the target area). But once you get to his fortress thingy, you have a lot of options. You can go through the sewers, which will lead you to a secret room that reveals options for killing the Overseer. You can walk through the front door, where there's guards giving a tour and revealing info about the layout of the place. Or, you can go through the roof, but there's like 12 different windows to enter from. And once you're inside, the Overseer walks throughout the entire building, which has a ton of rooms and hallways, which opens up like 3-4 different ways to neutralize him.
In 2, one of the most elaborate maps I can think of is the map where you go to kill the Duke. It's this big fucking mansion with like 6 floors, and a huge outside area. the thing is, going to the Duke's room first is very important because he can reveal a body double. But his room is on the top floor of the mansion, and has a balcony. So the best options is ALWAYS to just Blink to the roof, and then just walk straight to his room with no intervention. A lot of missions are like this, where there's always one route that's vastly superior and makes going to all the other cool places in the map totally pointless.

The other one I can think of is the Tinker guys mansion. All the walls, floors, ceilings, etc are designed to move, so one room could actually be 2-3 different rooms depending on how its arranged, controlled by levers. Which is fucking awesome, except that you can literally just go into the ventilation and walk past it
>>
>>389468594
>Even marketers don't
I wish
>>
>>389469994
Post was too long but to finish that last statement, you can circumvent all of the cool, elaborate maze aspects of the house and walk straight to the target.
>>
>>389466479

Love this game. My one and only complaint is not being able to swap out the sword in your right hand. In low chaos playthroughs you literally don't use it at all so it sucks that you're stuck with it.
>>
>>389469845
I don't mind the looting but yeah the enemy variety is a bit lacking, at least for me 4 hours in. I've just seen mimics, some normal phantoms some with purple, and security bots.

What the heck are operators jobs? Like what do they do for you? I was exploring... Hardware labs, I think, when a science operator flew out of a lift. I don't know what to do with it
>>
>>389469962
The first time I encoutered Daud I stopped time and took his key without him noticing but I didn't realize he wasn't timestopped so I had no idea he wasn't affected by it until I read about it later, same with the torture guy.
>>
>>389469050
I have 970 and can run both fine
>>
>>389469994
>actual double spacing
now THIS is reddit spacing
>>
>>389469168
>get slut boyle
>ask her for some fun time
>stand in her room
>for some reason dont get a fade to black or anything
>Fuck, corvo too stressed to perform
>afraid the game is well-thought out enough that she would get suspicious and run away screaming
>fuck it, stab her
>grab her body and dump it on the bed pretending I hid her under the covers
>get the fuck out
>>
File: 1423695808585.jpg (246KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
1423695808585.jpg
246KB, 858x536px
>>389466479
It's an Arkane game. They're all pretty similar, generally speaking, and all range anywhere from good to great, even Bioshock 2 which everyone likes to wail on is actually a perfectly serviceable game by itself.

While I personally think their best game to date is Prey, and I'm not very being on D1 because I don't like featureless protagonists like Corvo was in that one, the gameplay for a lethal run is pretty great. You'll be bored out of your skull for non-lethal in D1, though.

I think D2 is better because the protags are actually characters, as opposed to cameras on wheels, and of course more non-lethal options.
>>
>>389469817
>except when you're at a party and everyone forgets
The point was that the socialites are so far removed from reality that they figure youre just another noble that joined the masked ball and chose the killer outfit. They ocmpliment you on picking such a menacing outfit
>>
File: 1469208101810.png (106KB, 316x296px) Image search: [Google]
1469208101810.png
106KB, 316x296px
I absolutely adored both games but for some reason I don't have as much fun and enjoyment from 2 as I did from the first game, even if gameplay wise it was severly improved with much better controls and combat/knock-outs, the levels just aren't as fun for some reason.

I can't put my finger on it, but compared to DH2, which I have 60 hours in, I played 1 for 100 and STILL find it a blast to play through while 2 gets to be a chore after a while. Still exited for DOTO, but I would be fine if the series end here in a positive mark now.
>>
>>389470164
Operators, as in bots? They're for recharging your stats. There are 3 of them depending on their jobs (recharging health, armor, or psi points)
>>
File: 1504703711595.jpg (72KB, 677x813px) Image search: [Google]
1504703711595.jpg
72KB, 677x813px
>>389466479
I loved the shit out of 1, but I couldn't get over the problem that it gave you so many combat tricks but it locked them behind a threshold till the bad ending and limited mana
>>
>>389470312
They didn't made BS2 and /v/ love it too.
>>
>>389470182
>>389469962
What, I remember stopping time and that immediately triggered him to fight me.

But yeah that was really sad for non-lethal. You just steal the key and get out without him ever knowing. While with the high chaos playthrough you have an awesome 1v1 with stopped time like some matrix movie
>>
>>389470435
I fucking hate what they did with The Outsider in 2, he went from a dick who wanted to see you go nuts with power to a shiiter softboi who wanted you to succeed. Also his fucking voice, jesus christ it sucks.
>>
>>389470435
>>389469994
did you ever notice in subsequent playthroughs, that you tended to take the same paths over and over?
>>
>>389470164
>mimics and greater mimics
>phantoms, greater phantoms, fire phantoms and electric phantoms
>poltergeists
>telepaths and technopaths
>the fucking Nightmare
>Security Operators

And all the possessed humans and operators. It's got a decent enough number of enemy varieties, you're just very early in.
>>
>>389470249
shut the fuck up fag, this is by far the worst non-critique nitpick that literal reddit transplants brought with them this summer while trying too hard to fit in

4chan posts have been spaced this way for 10 years now
>>
File: 1493995627409.gif (2MB, 245x246px) Image search: [Google]
1493995627409.gif
2MB, 245x246px
>>389470620

How the fuck did you know? Come to think of it, even in a level like Dust District I always just side with the Abbey and finish the level in around 10 minutes, less if going loud.

Haven't thought of it much until now.
>>
>>389470580
They had a hand in it. "Design, animation and art", apparently.

And I always had the impression that it's even more hated than Infinite, seeing as people like to pretend it doesn't even exist.
>>
>>389470693
mad as hell
>>
>>389466479
The game was awesome, but the story was awful. I sympathized with the villains more than the protag, but other than that it was pretty dope.
>>
>>389470772
>Dust District
>siding with any of those cunts
>not just stuffing them in a pair of boxes to work as slaves for a few years
>not just killing both
>>
File: 20170718095004_1.jpg (31KB, 293x264px) Image search: [Google]
20170718095004_1.jpg
31KB, 293x264px
>>389470802

It's a great game but it was always shunned because it was a sequel to a game that was pretty much already a well known "best of the gen". Despite its amazing shootan it was bound to be shat on.

Infinite was way fucking worse but had a bigger hype train.
>>
File: prey.jpg (30KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
prey.jpg
30KB, 460x215px
prey was superb. although there was a lot of backtracking at the end.
>>
>>389467368
In the minority but I prefer 2 these days, new powers and gear are nice but it's more that the game has a lovely attention to detail in a lot of places
>>
>>389470802
BS2 sure isn't getting any hate from me, it's the best game in the series and one of my favorite games of all time.
>>
File: Disho2.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Disho2.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>389470940

To be fair, massacring the Abbey is fucking hilarious as they are always screaming religious fanatism
>>
>>389470693
i dont even get where the term comes from, or means. Not to mention you'd have to actively browse reddit to know how they space things

>>389470772
I think it has to do somewhat with that post. Tl;dr being that there's always one or two paths that are way more efficient/just generally better than the rest.
As for the Dust District part, idk. I've done all options just for fun
>>
>>389469740
Mobility upgrades are a lot of fun if you're looking for cool ways to get around
>>
>>389469740
i think there is a blink ability once you get to the typhon abilities. it's on more of a cooldown though
>>
>>389470802
Pretty sure there are people who love BS2 in here and thought that it was the best Bioshock. The gameplay is mostly improved, the plot while a rehash of the first it's still enjoyable, and Minerva's Den is legit the best Bioshock content ever made. It's just that the game was too similar with the first one and it came out in the wrong time.

It's good but I don't think it's superior than the first one. There are couple flaws from the game (sense of bloated gameplay, rehashed story with similar beats, okay level designs, crashing all the time) but I can see why some regarded it as amazing.
>>
File: 1501774511216.jpg (17KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1501774511216.jpg
17KB, 225x225px
>>389470979

Prey is unironically my GOTY for being a godtier of immersive sim. I really liked Nier Automata and Wolf 2 will probably be kickass but I have massive respect for this game despite the smalls flaws.
>>
>>389469994
I think 2 easily improved on map design. Just like 1 there are pre-boss house things to do. Usually you have one open map, then you take a ride to the boss house.

The clockwork mansion you can bypass a lot via the maintenance areas, but a lot of the goodies are in the main rooms, so if you want those you have to leave the safety of the gears and move out. This creates the gameplay where you hide between the walls and move out when it best suits you, maybe pull a lever here and there to get the right configuration. Unless you know about the hatch outside of the bedroom getting to him quickly isnt easy. But they needed that option for the optional quest of killing him without alerting him to your presence.
The crown killer area allows you to get on the island from any angle if you swim around and climb the various parts they made for that purpose. After that inside there are plenty of routes too.

I think the maps overal look a lot nicer and have a lot more options, its just that they have optimal routes, but the same is true for D1.
>>
>>389470668
Alot of enemies operate fairly similarly though, Prey is great but it's enemies are the weakest part imo
>>
>>389471226
which is a shame because mimics are perhaps the best enemy design we've had in years. haven't had an enemy that good since hl2's headcrab in fact.

seeing a group of mimics just run out and around all sorts of corners is a pure 'oh shit' moment because you know you're gonna be treading carefully.
>>
>>389471346
Yeah exactly, wish they made mimics higher damage lower health and a bit more scarce, would have made for some fun paranoia
>>
>>389471042
>letting criminals win that have nothing to hold them back.
>>
>>389470435
Dishonored 2 lost its novelty and the story and setting are worse. But overall, I think 2 is better.
>>
dishonored or thief?
>>
>>389471226
All the Phantoms operate differently. the best strategy for common phantoms is to just bumrush them with a shotgun and shoot. If you do that with any other phantom you'll either waste ammo (because greater phantoms make copies of themselves) or die (cooked or zapped by the other two).

The only all-solving hammer in this game is the gloo+psychic bomb combo, which is of course broken as fuck and even then doesn't work on telepaths and technopaths because you can't gloo them.
>>
File: fallout44.jpg (127KB, 621x818px) Image search: [Google]
fallout44.jpg
127KB, 621x818px
>>389470598

Worst part is that he is not even a bad VA, the writing, direction and delivery is just bland.
>>
>>389471548
I think if you ask that to Arkane themselves, they probably pick Thief
>>
>>389471548
Both. Despite the similarities, they're both great games with their own quirks, advantages and flaws.

But if I really have to pick one, I'll pick Dishonored just because it has more replay value, in my opinion, thanks to the chaos system and the many ways to approach the levels.
>>
>>389471548
Unless you're retarded and mean Thief 4, I'm with >>389471636

Hell, Arkane loves Thief so much they got Stephen Russell to voice Corvo in the sequel.
>>
File: nosmiles.png (957KB, 828x774px) Image search: [Google]
nosmiles.png
957KB, 828x774px
>>389471548

Anon, you are asking me to choose between my favorite children
>>
am i wrong in thinking that the audio in prey was kind of shit?

i was expecting a lot of it to be echo-y. for some reason a lot of the audio feels flat, it's missing reverb, especially when you're going down a corridor and know there's an enemy nearby.
>>
>>389471219
Oh yeah I think they look way better too. The environment is great.
I'm just saying that in 2, it seemed like this. You have paths 1-5. Path 1 is the optimal path, but (like you said), paths 2-5 have supplies, money, runes, etc. Whereas in 1, paths 1-5 were all equally optimal, and may or may not have stuff. For most of the levels in 1, I can't think of an 'optimal' path. Like for the Golden Cat, the brother that's in the room with the whore. You can attack from outside, but you have to get past a bunch of guards on balconies, and you also have to break a window and alert everyone. Or, you can try to sneak past a shitton of guards and get in the room from the front door, which is way harder but you can kill him stealthily.

Even with the Crown Killer level. Yeah there's tons of runes and shit inside the place, but its much more optimal to just get to the roof then go down one level and kill her
>>
>>389469947
All the cooldowns and shit were just annoying. It's a big issue with modern games.
>>
>>389471792

You are not alone, at some point the audio was absolutely fucked in cutscenes for me, was solved with a patch I think.
>>
File: 1470517948715.png (122KB, 222x262px) Image search: [Google]
1470517948715.png
122KB, 222x262px
>>389471846
>killing the nice qt doctor
>>
>>389471846
>>389471219
>>389472127

Actually, I will give it that choosing the non-lethal option forces you to explore the level more. Which is great, but getting to the actual target is still way to 'linear' I guess.
>>
>>389471846
I think they counted on people wanting the goodies, it is pretty prominent in the end screen of each level and the heart makes it pretty clear to explore. They doubles down on making each level have its own feel (clockwork with hiding in the cogs and changing the map, hospital with its levels and haunted feeling, time piece level, duke palace being modern). They want you to clean it all. If you want to play it to the point each level is short as hell and requires some prior knowledge where to go. (why run over the roof and jump on a random balcony if you dont knwo the real duke is in the garden?).

In the clockwork level you also have to go down to collect sokolov. In the observatory there are a bunch of witches in the main hall (with the taxodermised (?) birds) and if you try to shoot the boss your bullet turns into bloodflies due her amulet. Only if you explore the map can you find out she has a few charms and how to get rid of her non-lethally.
>>
>Play low chaos
>final level
>figure I got enough good girl points to be able to kill everything without getting chaos
>shoot every witch in the face
>paint the walls with their blood
>drink from their skull
>rip delilah a new asshole
>ending shows how emily was agood girl who never hurt anyone even in her darkest moment

Also why the fuck was making the non-lethal evil rune so easy in the final mission. At first I picked up the pigment bag from the greenhouse outside of the tower and figured I had to run all over the place to get the reagents to make the rune. Then I got to the room where they tell you how to make it and they have everything there. Why? why is there a pigment bag outside when its just given to you inside?
>>
>>389468193
Or using the same powers to do the same thing over and over. I don't know why, but despite the 100 different ways to do things, it just seems like 100 ways to do the same thing a different way.
Still good fun tho
>>
>>389466479
I thought it was okay but couldn't stand the dreary Victorian aesthetic.
>>
>>389471590
Oh no I'm not doubting that they're designed to provoke different strategies for each, I just don't think they're very interesting. I'll repeat that I love prey and have played it a lot but given that spooky shadow monsters can be anything, what they did seems fairly limited (while we're in a dishonored thread, the clockwork soldiers have multiple ways of killing them but no actual health bar and attacks can weaken them or remove their ability to see).
>>
>>389471879
There are no cooldowns, only mana costs. I dont really see how they can solve it well though. If you remove mana costs and add in a cooldown people feel restricted in comboing skills and wish the mana system was back where you could spam if needed.
If there is just mana with no regen people would save their mana for a rainy day and not just skills as much since they are afraid they then have none when they need the boost.
So they made it you can spend a lot of mana to spam skills while having the regen so people dont shy away from using it.
>>
One of the few franchises where I enjoyed every new game/DLC even more.

Enjoyed the first one, loved the DLCs and the second one blew me away. I hope Death of the Outsider will be the same, so far I like what I'm seeing of the new powers and stuff. Plus my nigga Daud is in it.
>>
>>389468146

Indeed, I believe so.
>>
>>389468484
>>389468734
I was expecting to be disappointed by Prey, but I bought it anyway because I love the Dishonored games. I don't care for space and spooky games, so I was obviously apprehensive. Holy hell did it surpass my expectations, I had so much fun with it and the atmosphere completely drew me in. Plus it had a god-tier soundtrack.

I still like Dishonored more because pseudo-fantasy/older times settings >>> space settings for me and it's more replayable. Still, I really loved Prey and I'm sad we probably won't get a DLC or sequel. Really didn't take off like Dishonored did, which is a shame.
>>
>>389466479
I thought it was kind of bland. It's a shit stealth game and the story sucks. I think people just like it because it was the closest thing to a Thief game since Thief 2.
>>
>>389469047
>too much scripting
>not enough interactivity
LITERALLY, what did you mean by this? Dishonored is one of the least scripted games in the past 10 years.
>>
>>389477052
Hi Arkane.
>>
>>389477602
Seriously, I'm curious what "too scripted" even means when it comes to Dishonored. The game legit has flaws like a boring story or not enough stealth options, but not this.
>>
>>389477872

Yeah that post made zero sense. I asked him if he even played the game and didn't get a reply.
>>
>>389468683
>Brain raping the smartest mind in Karnaka
>>
>>389468683
Well yeah, Dishonored is a terrible stealth game.
>>
>>389478836
>he begs to be killed because he knows he lost something but cannot grasp it but knows it to be terrible and doesnt want to live like that
With all the other nonlethals of 2 I wonder why they did something like that.

although considering you can only find the solution in the room itself makes it feel tacked on
>>
>>389479702
You can find the solution earlier in one of the bedrooms.
>>
>>389466479
The DLCs reaaaaally feel ike a modern day Thief. I love how the second map from the witches dlc is a throwback to the Thieves' Guild mission from Thief gold.

I found the campaign a bit lacking tho. Maps can sometimes be way to huge, and navigating through them becomes tiresome. I guess it rewards second playthroughs but for a first time player is overwhelming.
The DLC maps are smaller but still offers you multiple ways to approach situations and feel a lot tighter all around.
>>
>>389466479
It was okay. I didn't really start to enjoy it til the end, though.

I feel like it would've been way more fun if it just gave you all the abilities and mana wasn't so limited.
>>
>>389466479
second game went full sjw so I lost all interest in the franchise
>>
>>389468035
All opinions are valid, but yours is just wrong. First, maybe it kept remind of Bioshock because it shares the Looking glass legacy: the open sim design. Lets not forget that a great part of the devs at Arkane are past members of looking glass studios and that the man behind Bioshock was a member there as well.

Second, you can absolutely be discovered and still carry out a non-lethal/low chaos play style. just run away. The game is actually quite generous on the low to high chaos threshold.
>>
>>389481953

How so? I havent played D2 yet
>>
>>389466479
It's one of my favorites unironically.

I didn't like 2 as much because all of the plot that was masterfully hinted at in one is so fucking hamfisted in two. Corvo is emily's dad, the empress is the heart, stuff like that they basically hit you over the head with when in the original it was really a nice touch to build the lore of the world yourself.

The outsider is my husbando.
>>
File: Hound Pits.png (2MB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
Hound Pits.png
2MB, 1364x768px
>>389466479
I've figured out why I don't like Dishonored 2 as much as 1. It's basically down to the story and atmosphere.

I'm not going to pretend that 1 was the holy grail of storytelling, but at least it had some twists and turns. You escape from prison, free Martin, free Emily, take down the regent's regime before being betrayed and forced to crawl through the worst parts of the city, and then the most heavily defended part of the city to get Emily back. In 2, you escape from Dunwall and then start knocking down Delilah's closest allies (saving Sokolov halfway through) until you return to Dunwall and fuck her up. The most twisty bit of the whole thing is when you find out who the Crown Killer is and perhaps save her, but since Hypatia is introduced very late there's no real weight and she disappears from the ship after a while anyway.

That leads me on to the Dreadful Wale. I understand why it is what it is story-wise, but it doesn't stop the fact that the Hound Pits were objectively better than the Wale. In the Pits, you had almost a dozen characters all doing their own thing for the resistance. It made the Pits a lively place and somewhere that was genuinely enjoyable to relax in after a mission. One day you could be watching Emily take her lessons, the next you could be busting in on Callista taking a bath. Meanwhile, the Wale feels empty and almost soulless, even despite being smaller to accomodate for the fewer characters.

Finally, you have Delilah. Bringing her back in two cheapened the DLC, but the worst flaw was that I don't feel like they did anything worthwhile with her. Yes, she twists the Palace district into a nightmare and it's a great level, but we never see the effects of her reign until the very end and at which point it feels too little, too late. 1 had you living through the Regent's tyranny before you took him down and I think it was much more satisfying. Meanwhile, the Duke's an ass but I never got the impression that he was tyrannical.
>>
i can't play dishonored without frantically savescumming every time i get caught.

i can at least manage in thief knowing that i'm not losing out on some 'never got caught' achievement.
>>
File: 1504644836354.jpg (8KB, 222x216px) Image search: [Google]
1504644836354.jpg
8KB, 222x216px
>>389473252
>get to Conservatory on low chaos
>some asshole sailer at the beginning of the level attacks me for zero reason
>attracts all the guards in Karnaca
>reload, save at beginning
>go apeshit through the level, if it breathes, it gets shot and stabbed
>throw Ashman in the fountain for the fish to eat
>finish level, save on different slot
>51 killed
>Game tells me i'm still Low Chaos
>>
>>389484878
I wonder if it just counts total kills vs total killable or it just balances out the amount of high/low chaos levels you completed.

But yeah, failing to stealth and hten going apeshit before reloading was the most fun part of dishonored
>>
>>389470182
>>389468683
>>389470592
This. The game is low-chaos has fewer features and is simply less fun.
>>
>>389466479
I like both games on the PC, I have the PS4 versions and feel like both are practically unplayable. It's ridiculous that Definitive Edition on PS4 isn't 60fps given my MacBook Pro can run it at 1080p/60fps.

Dishonored 2 on my 1080Ti looks phenomenal at times, I didn't fully appreciate how big of an upgrade the game was until a few levels into the game. Wish it was optimized better but if you've got a 1070 or better you can get a great experience now.
>>
>>389471506
You can massacre them, too.
>>
>>389484219
Cont.

I just want to add two more things. Firstly, A Crack in the Slab is one of the best levels I've played in a videogame. Flipping through time is an excellent tool that gets you thinking analytically and dealing with guards silently became much more of a puzzle. However, the best part was when I choked Stilton out and went back into the house. I honestly thought that the game had bugged out on me when it wasn't letting me return to the present I knew. Realising what happened and exploring the new mansion blew my mind.

The last thing is that my first playthrough of 2 was a bit buggy. Two witches in the Conservatory level bugged out on me and died when I activated the Oraculum. I only found out at the end of the level, at which point I had to revert to a much earlier save. It took ages to figure out not only who had died but how to stop them from dying (pacifist ghost run). Then, I started getting all sorts of graphical glitches in the last level that fucked up the menus and skybox. It felt like the world was crumbling down around me, which was actually thematically consistent. I ended up treating it like a feature.
>>
File: 1494557538812.gif (1MB, 240x220px) Image search: [Google]
1494557538812.gif
1MB, 240x220px
>>389469962
>went low chaos
>also went ghost
>never fucking experienced this encounter
fucking kill me

also reminder that the mansion party level was ruined by playtesters
>>
>>389486087
>also reminder that the mansion party level was ruined by playtesters
how so?
>>
I thought the gameplay and story was pretty generic.

Was a little fun but I don't see why it's worth talking about years after it's released
>>
>>389486173
they found it too hard figuring out which person at the masked ball was the sister.

so they added an npc who just walks right up to corvo and tells him who it is.
>>
>>389482785
You can play as a woman.
>>
>>389486369
I remember I read an interview where Harvey Smith said that the team was very frustrated when most of the playtesters wouldn't go upstairs at the Boyle Mansion because "one of the guards tells you you're not allowed upstairs".

No wonder games are so dumbed down, most players are fucking retarded.
>>
>>389484219
>>389485939
I agree with everything you said as flaws, but I still think 2 is better because of superior level design.
>>
>>389487094
Also better gameplay. I was pleasantly surprised that we got more non-lethal ways to deal with things, seems like they listened to the complaints from the first one.

Choking people in battle is really fun and I also like the drop knockdowns.
>>
>Figure out how to beat the game on Ghost with only 1 level Blink
Fuck you, Daud, I don't even NEED my gear anyway.
>>
>>389467801
Blink is better than far reach, but I feel like The game is meant to be played and Emily
>>
>>389485939
>>The last thing is that my first playthrough of 2 was a bit buggy. Two witches in the Conservatory level bugged out on me and died when I activated the Oraculum. I only found out at the end of the level, at which point I had to revert to a much earlier save. It took ages to figure out not only who had died but how to stop them from dying (pacifist ghost run)
Its a bug that if you activate the system all witches die. You have to knock them out I think to make them survive (or the other way around, dont knock any out).

I found crack in the slab fun but I rather have a normal level. being able to just disappear whenevre you want and sue the device to reappear behind someone for a takedown is just too easy.
Best part was that billy regains her arm and eye if you change time and save stilton
>>
>>389487440
I used to think the same but after replaying the game many times and getting used to Far Reach, I like it better than Blink. There's nothing like Dominoing 4 guards, grabbing them all with Far Reach and throwing them in the air. The big distance it can cover is good too.

Plus, the pull ability is very useful in ghost runs if you want to grab potions and runes from afar.
>>
>>389485939
A Crack in the Slab was way too gimmicky for me. Felt like it didn't belong in the game. Not like Clockwork Mansion, which was a really cool gimmick that actually didn't get in the way of the gameplay.
>>
>>389486705
>>No wonder games are so dumbed down, most players are fucking retarded.

>love games that allow me to do stuff without explicitly telling me (like killing navara in DX)
>DH is fun but they always tell you stuff straight up if you arent just stampeding through the level with multiple notes and guard chatter
>being able to save stilton by knocking him out is at least insinuated in a not too obvious way
>I immediately miss it because Im retarded
>>
>>389487715
Yeah you couldn't knock any witch out or the device would kill those you did. They patched that bug in one of the first updates though.
>>
>>389487275
You also have stun mine and howler and stinging bolt to get rid of people. Still grenades, sword combat and setting up massive kill combos with stop time and domino is too much fun.
>>
File: 1490807752082.jpg (56KB, 601x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490807752082.jpg
56KB, 601x600px
>go to conservatory
>knock out witches
>for some reason autism kicks in, go back outside, grab male guards and drag them into the building
>drop each witch together with a guard in the beds spread around so if they would wake up they would think they fucked them
>>
File: 1400527003488.jpg (68KB, 494x622px) Image search: [Google]
1400527003488.jpg
68KB, 494x622px
>>389488043
>mfw finding out that I can throw chloroform bottles next to the guards and knock them out
Don't know why I didn't think of that in my first playthrough
>>
>>389488232
Too bad they are so rare it doesnt really matter. Hell I just played a bit a few minutes ago and was playing the conservatory. Outside in the streets i found a bottle of howler dust, threw itt and it caused a howler dart explosion. Then seconds later a guard came and I felt bad I didnt have it anymore
>>
File: 1464197460125.jpg (39KB, 492x388px) Image search: [Google]
1464197460125.jpg
39KB, 492x388px
>>389488223
>tfw you learn that you don't have to knock out witches
>If you just change the lenses and activate the machine, they will all drop unconscious
Makes no powers runs so much easier
>>
>>389488223
I did something similar. I loved putting all the witches knocked out corpses in in a really small area right below the archway (I believe it's where there's a power-connector for the wall of light protecting the conservatory)

I make sure to bring them all back. Then I saved and threw a grenade in there. Fun times. I loaded it back for the no-kills, obviously.
>>
>>389466479
>Way too short
>All of the fun playstyle options give you the bad ending
>AI blind as a fucking bat and pretty much retarded to boot
>Magic is so op that they had to put in enemies that would just cancel all magic out to balance it
Id say it still warrants a few playthroughs but the game has glaring flaws.
>>
>>389488685
>>>Magic is so op that they had to put in enemies that would just cancel all magic out to balance it
Man, now you say that, did they have those in DH2. I forgot about those
>>
>You can literally skip the entirety of Sokolov house by casting Blink twice.
>>
>>389488746
No music boxes, and no tallboys either. Makes you wonder why even have overseers and city guard, if they're gonna be completely the same.
>>
>>389488223
lol, I do this too all the time in stealth games.
>>
>>389488825
I literally didn't see the inside of Sokolov's house until my third playthrough
>>
>>389488825
I remember I skipped a lot of the station in the crown killer level by just running over the rails including the house of the woman.
>>
>>389489774
You don't need the rewire tool in the Jindosh mission either, even if you don't have powers. You can climb to the roof of the railway station just fine, break the glass and jump directly down to the carriage.
>>
>>389487857
A Crack in the Slab falls flat on repeated playthroughs for basically what you said. It does feel out of place. Still, I really loved it on my first run. Titanfall 2 does a similar thing if anyone wants to check that out.

>>389488685
>Magic is so op that they had to put in enemies that would just cancel all magic out to balance it
I quite like the music boxes. It forces you to be stealthier or smarter about who to strike first. Otherwise, you suffer a harder combat encounter. Shame they removed them in 2.

>>389488936
Same, but I think that's good level design. If you're good at navigating the rooftops and you're trying to get someone who's on the roof then it makes sense that you have an easier time.
>>
>>389490176
>A Crack in the Slab falls flat on repeated playthroughs for basically what you said
Also, because there is exactly one route to beat it, unless I'm stupid.
>>
>>389490072
There is a window open in that train station, you dont need to break the glass.

>>389488905
I think overseers have no morality meter (although i never saw it work for the guard, probably because I play on a higher difficulty where that is turned down) and a face mask which blocks shots from the front. While the helmet allows you to just shoot them in the jaw
>>
>>389466479
Bought it last week. Really good. Didn't expect that.
>>
>>389488685
They made a massive mistake in giving you that tooltip that told you about high/low chaos, 'cause a lot of people took that to mean that killing enemies would get you the "bad ending", and that getting the "bad ending" meant that you lose.

High Chaos isn't a failstate, and nonlethal is purely just something that you save for a second playthrough.

>>389490176
Titanfall 2's felt very cathartic to play after the crack in the slab, as you time travel instantly and can do big ballsy action instead of sneaking around and quickloading when spotted
>>
>Enter Daud's part of the Flooded District
>Assassin spawns behind you and tries to kill you from behind
I keep forgetting about it. Spooks me every time.
>>
>>389490561
But low choas is described as giving you a more hopeful ending, it makes emily like you as a killer and a lot more, you get a bad end, not a dead end. And people dont like getting a bad end. It felt like one day the designers came together and then after the game designers showed off all their killer moves they made for an assassin game the writers showed how the story would be about not killing people. And then they didnt have time so you have this shit where you have 100 lethal abilities but getting too many kills will cause the game to turn darker.

>>389490561
>>Titanfall 2's felt very cathartic to play after the crack in the slab, as you time travel instantly and can do big ballsy action instead of sneaking around and quickloading when spotted
its evreything dishonored wants to be. TF2 is a shooter and shifting from time to time shooting dudes was awesome. Then there was platforming that forced you to be quick with jumping time. Especially the last part where you had to go through a vent with ventilators in the past and fire in the current time required you to switch repeatedly and felt awesome when you pulled it off. Also they had the smarts to make enemies attack you in both timelines you dont have a get out of jail free card with time travel. Having a bunch of desperate survivors in current time versus noble guards in the past wouldve made the whole thing flow.
>>
>>389470979
Playing this now.

One of the best £13 I have ever spent in my life. I just love the game's atmosphere.
>>
>>389491092
They had that to a certain extent with bees and dogs and bee-zombies, but only really in the second half.

Personally I liked the second playthrough being nice and sneaky, because it felt like kind of a "redemption arc".
They fixed it in 2, I guess, as there are a million more ways to do things nonlethally. You can beat people up in combat rather than kill them, like batman.
>>
>>389491239
Have you played the System Shock games?
>>
>>389491656
I own them. I might play them on my GPD Win if I can get a good controller setup for it.

I realise Prey is very heavily inspired by the series from what I know of it.
>>
>>389492153
If you liked Prey then you'll definitely like them, they're a bit dated nowadays but I recently replayed 2 and was pretty surprised by how well it still held up. Definitely worth your time.
>>
File: JustRightSolaire.png (193KB, 550x605px) Image search: [Google]
JustRightSolaire.png
193KB, 550x605px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6sOhQan9Y
>>
File: 1486013385571.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486013385571.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>>389492153
>get a good controller setup
pic related

>>389492441
>replayed 2 and was pretty surprised by how well it still held up
did you forget about the last part already or did you repress it so hard it broke?
>>
>>389466479
It's great. Vibes are really cool, characters are likable the world is pretty unique.
>>
>>389466479
First games is very good but really easy as fuck.
>wallhack
>teleport
>other hacks

why the fuck this game has stealth anyway
>>
>>389492603
Anon. Of course I realise these games were meant to be played with a keyboard and mouse, and if I do not find it comfortable, I will simply plug my usb 3 hub into my Win, and HDMI it out to a monitor and plug in a USB keyboard and mouse and play it.

(Or just play it on my office PC. That is probably easier)
>>
I wish there was a 'no-mana' or whatever mode. Kinda sucks being a demigod when you're hindered by running out of fruit punch pouches
>>
>>389493248
Im sorry anon but not only are the MKB controls far superior, it is also neccesary. This is the old type of game where every button on your keyboard is a keybind ( think DX tier)
>>
>>389493353
In Dishonored 2 there is and it even has cool minor plot implications.
>>
>>389493767
The fuck, how? Is it in the custom difficulty?
>>
>>389493946
He probably misread your post and means no-powers mode. Which is present, and is awesome.
>>
>>389493767
I think you misunderstand. He wants an infinite mana mode, not a no powers mode
>>
>>389493353
>Downlad a cheat engine but only for infinite mana and runes
>having fun being overpowered
>game sometimes glitches and gets stuck while talking to someone
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.