[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

>WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW
>>
>>389464717
WORDS THAT KILL
>>
>>389464717
>tfw we will never understand what the fuck Kojima was thinking with this scene
>>
>>389464973
Hideyaki Kojimbero was and always will be a hack
>>
>>389464973
Maybe he got sacked halfway through writing his scene
>>
File: 1452340418565.jpg (76KB, 540x785px) Image search: [Google]
1452340418565.jpg
76KB, 540x785px
>>389464717
Open world was a mistake.
This scene would have worked fine without it, either as a full cutscene or just a much smaller zone broken into sections like previous MGS games as opposed to making NPCs drive you through a gigantic map of nothing for 7 minutes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4vj5_DaxJk&list=PL_QtSMEGimbxfZ7kBOD0wTaUZR3GTcH7x&index=76
>>
>>389464973
Konami didn't understand what the fuck was going on with the story after they fired Kojima so they added this scene to explain it
>>
>>389464717
2 years later and i still dont know what the fuck skullface wanted to do
was it to really just kill all english speakers?
>>
>>389467525
Something about fulfilling The Boss' will
>>
>>389467525
Wanted to get rid of the lingua franca of the world, which was English.
Then, he would sell nukes to all countries in the world so none of them would just be victims, the whole world would be stuck in a MAD situation.
Sahelanthropus and the lil Mantis was to avoid any big country of doing anything against him because he could retaliate with full force.
>>
>>389464973
>Kojimo wastes millions on nothing useful
>Hey kojima, what's up. How are things. Oh. OH. You have 6 months to finish this shit.
>Slaps it together, puts everything in audiologs
>pretends to be the victim
>>
>Make virus kill so that it will kill everybody.
>Hide it in ballistic missiles all over the world.
>AI launches them as soon as another act of war is committed or one of the missiles is destroyed.

Would have been far easier.
>>
File: Metal-Gear-Solid-4-SOP.jpg (123KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Metal-Gear-Solid-4-SOP.jpg
123KB, 600x338px
>>389464886
>BANG
>>
>>389467853
>Getting rid of English

And what happens with the written word? Sure you can kill everyone who speaks english, but that doesn't destroys the entire language
>>
>>389468539
Yeah, and even if that happened, the world would just pick another lingua franca, like french or mandarin.
Skullface was an autist.
>>
>>389468463
>Trusting anything to an AI
>>
>>389468539
something something subconscious vocalization when writing/reading triggers the parasites
>>
I didn't think the jeep scene was that bad. I watched it again recently, twice in fact, and I don't see the meme. It wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad by any means. I feel like after MGS4, people are going to consider any cutscene a failure if it doesn't make you ejaculate out of your eye sockets with nostalgia overload. What was Snake supposed to say here? Skull Face is clearly out of his mind, not much point in talking to a sociopath and he obviously isn't interested in listening to any kind of rebuttal anyway. Snake is a man of actions, not words. Sins of the Father is only there to fill the gap, which is why Skull Face immediately begins talking again after it finishes. They should have chosen a more subdued track, a more mellow instrumental version would probably worked better, but it was fine. I think people are too hung up on the idea that this was supposed to be an epic scene when that was necessarily even the idea.

Skull Face is pure cheese, I won't deny that, but so is literally EVERY OTHER Metal Gear villain ever. Stop holding MGSV to this ridiculous standard when the series has always been dumb as hell with one or two legitimately kino moments.
>>
>>389467525
He wanted to remove spoken word from the earth.
The first batch of parasites would remove every other language and the last strain would attack the English language.
His idea was that without words, humanity would fall back on "the language of nukes", and every nation's interaction would just be threats of mutual assured destruction, or something like that.
>>
File: 1503314339793.png (3MB, 1920x7356px) Image search: [Google]
1503314339793.png
3MB, 1920x7356px
>>389464717
>>389466310
>>
>>389464717

Forgot how mad I was about this game until now. Still fucking unbelievable that this game was released.

Biggest disappointment in gaming I have ever been a part of.
>>
>>389469031
That's the most retarded plan I've ever heard.
>>
>>389468904
>subconscious vocalization when writing/reading triggers the parasites

You wat? Where is this stated?
>>
>>389467853
That sounds retarted
>>
SUCH LUST
>>
File: 1503329746608.jpg (66KB, 1024x633px) Image search: [Google]
1503329746608.jpg
66KB, 1024x633px
>>389464717
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAHOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
First 45 minutes of the game got me all excited and then it felt like the rest of the game was just someone shitting on my face.
>>
File: full.jpg (78KB, 960x857px) Image search: [Google]
full.jpg
78KB, 960x857px
>>
>"We have to change your face so no one can recognize you, Boss!"
>wake up
>still look the same
>dude in the same room has the voice of big boss and his face in a bandage

Really made me think.
>>
>>389468968

The presentation was bad. They could have just had a montage or powerpoint presentation-style scene like in the older games, or even real-life footage of ethnic conflicts and stuff.

That said, beside the obvious cuts and budget constraints I don't really have any complaints with the game. I just played throught it again the first time since release and my opinion has greatly improved. You just need to deal with the fact that this isn't the game trailers made us expect and just enjoy the premise, namely that you, the player, get to be Big Boss and build your very own PMC thing. And yes, I agree Skull Face was obviously meant to be absurd and cartoonish.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.