[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>use game mechanic >get called cheater what game communities

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 12

File: 432.png (1013KB, 1080x550px) Image search: [Google]
432.png
1013KB, 1080x550px
>use game mechanic
>get called cheater
what game communities do this?
>>
>>389452801
>Get called a cheater

Admittedly, in an FPS it is very difficult to tell who is cheating and who is just good, especially when sniping is involved. You get shot in the head 5 times from one person you can't find. Aim bot or just good sniper?

Add frustration and a player base of 14 year olds and you have the virtual certainty that high skill will be taken as hacking at least half the time.
>>
File: 1387994828163.jpg (45KB, 452x363px) Image search: [Google]
1387994828163.jpg
45KB, 452x363px
>>389452801
>play pub tf2
>topscore with sniper, at one point i had 6 dominations simultaneously
>enemy team rages in unison that i'm using a noob class/noob weapon
>some call me a hacker with one guy "found evidence because he just moves way too fast in spectate"
Literally yesterday too.
>>
>>389453042
today a guy headshotted me through a solid concrete wall in csgo with a scout, after that he headshotted 3 more guys with no line of sight. pretty easy to spot a cheater
>>
>>389453801
>see? when he twitched, that's when he toggled
Loving every laugh
>>
>>389453917
>playing CSGO

Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>389453917
I called out someone for cheating yesterday after watching them hit headshot after headshot with little to no aiming. As a Mei.

I got informed it was actually flick shots and that everyone in Gold 2.2 SR can do them apparently. I just don't fucking know anymore.
>>
>playing R6S
>lay down in a corner
>kill three retards in the same doorway in a row
>win round
>lol camper

It's a fucking sound based game with bullet penetration and nearly instant kills, why the fuck would I stomp around like a retard?
>>
File: 1501604394743.jpg (24KB, 288x252px) Image search: [Google]
1501604394743.jpg
24KB, 288x252px
>use game mechanic/weapon
>shitty madmins don't know how to deal with it so they'll just ban it

battlefield in a nutshell
>>
>>389453042
Sometimes it's hard to tell because people just get lucky, everyone playing has the potential to get a really lucky kill completely on accident or in a panic.
>>
File: 1503335253813.png (142KB, 287x269px) Image search: [Google]
1503335253813.png
142KB, 287x269px
>>389454397
>play battlefield
>piss of players an admins for saying that alienwares and macs are better
>>
>>389452801
>camping asshat
>little do i know this only helps me out since he's now distracted and i can do the other generators. but im gonna run up to the survivor anyway, get downed and cry about it on the forums!
>>
>>389454987
This, also 90% just hide on the corners of the level too.
>>
>>389453042
>Admittedly, in an FPS it is very difficult to tell who is cheating and who is just good
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>389452801
All of them.
>>
File: 1417381038370.png (399KB, 1000x1566px) Image search: [Google]
1417381038370.png
399KB, 1000x1566px
>>389452801
I think in general modern pub FPS is the worst about this, and it goes back since it got popular amongst normies. I think Halo was the first one where I actually remember encountering a ton of people who would say that certain weapons "shouldn't be used" and were "lowskill" etc etc etc. I don't really remember that happening much in UT or Q3, and before that things were even more chill, though admittedly it's been a while and I'm sure you could find examples going back way farther. These days it's par for the course though that there will be endless weapons and combos and strategies that people will bitch about being "cheap" or whatever bullshit because they can't gitgud.

I'm talking about general normal matches though. If some private group is running some fun matchups or coop or tourneys in an out-of-support game where there really ARE unfun bullshit bugs and shit and everyone has agreed to not use them and you do then yes you're a fag. Risk of Rain for example has stuff that really is completely fun ruining and cheap, or outright will crash the game, and will never get fixed/balanced. It's still a good time but people do need to just not use them. Someone isn't ebintrool for picking obvious, skilless godmode they're just a dick.
>>
>finish game campaign
>try MP
>get a few kills
>get accoused of cheating
JUST
>>
>>389454098
>not playing one of the best FPSs of all time
>>
>>389452801
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cDvcYCWmiM
definitely dark souls. My friends always say that using magic/miracles/pyromancies puts the game on "easy mode." The consensus in the DkS community is that a boring strength build is the only way to play the game and it's fucking stupid.

Why would you purposefully play the game in a way that is harder than intended? Why wouldn't you play the game in the most efficient way possible?
>>
I get called a hacker in bf4 a lot because I put a long range scope on my m249 with a bipod and beam people from across the map
>>
>>389455061
It is if you can't see their PoV
>>
File: myskeleton.png (489KB, 702x557px) Image search: [Google]
myskeleton.png
489KB, 702x557px
>>389455829
>Someone isn't ebintrool for picking obvious, skilless godmode they're just a dick.
This, and it always seems to happen in small-pop games that really need people to play by the rules to not chase off the remaining players

Fuck, man, Anarchy Reigns/Max Anarchy was so fucking godlike and it got killed by exploiters TWICE. Once after the JP release and once after the worldwide release.

People found infinite dodge and easy 1-touch kills through the KW glitch and decided that being a huge faggot should be the only way to play
>>
>>389457515
because >muh difficulty
elitism normal to soulsfags
I like the games, but I hate the community
>>
File: 1502593120736.png (510KB, 497x501px) Image search: [Google]
1502593120736.png
510KB, 497x501px
>>389454397
>madmins ban a particular weapon they think is OP
>use it themselves
>>
File: 1380300553290.gif (342KB, 153x113px) Image search: [Google]
1380300553290.gif
342KB, 153x113px
>>389454397
>playing bad company 2 on pc with my bro years back
>we're on the defender side
>sneak up as close as possible to the enemy spawn, hide behind some rocks and begin the slaughter
>admin, who gets shot to death several times because of this, decides to ban us because "defenders can't attack!!!!"
>>
>>389452801

Second time I played that I got all but one of the survivors by camping the hooks.

They told me I didn't deserve the game.
>>
File: 1503263156768.png (109KB, 246x220px) Image search: [Google]
1503263156768.png
109KB, 246x220px
>>389453801
>play pub tf2
>enemy team has 4 spies
>I routinely spy check regardless of class
>they all scream I'm hacking in chat
>my team vote kicks me
>mfw I wasn't even too score, only 4th or 5th on the leaderboard
>>
>play titanfall 2
>stomp shitters with the epg
>they start bitching about how a one hit kill is cheap, while they're all running rifles/subguns
>>
>>389460132
>getting caught
their fault
>>
> my dad and I would play Halo, old Call of Duty games, shit like that as a kid
>always rage quit because my dad's grand strategy was to look on my screen and always know where I'm at
> "Well it's right there, I'd be stupid not to look!"

Is screen cheating actually cheating? Or is it just a "mechanic"?
>>
>>389460623

I dont get why people get salty about the killer camping hooks, it just gives them an opening to get generators, if anything, it's doing them a favour.
>>
>>389452801
>ow, guy playing mccree
>killcam shows the guy just spastically popping his aim all over
>even when no one is around, his screen is zipping around like a robot
>the moment someone comes out from cover, he snaps to a headshot
>we naturally get totally steamrolled
>whole team calls him out on it
>even some of his team is talking about it
>calls it twitch, says to git gud, one guy on his team won't shut the fuck up about us being mad children
>he gets potg and leaves game as soon as he sees it's him
>potg is him using fan to headshot two people in front of him, then spin mid fan to the the genji behind and above him to headshot him twice midair, rolls, snaps to fan headshot on the mercy behind him during her dash
>chat explodes as their one denier still tries to say it's just good aim while every single other person reports him
And then Blizzard didn't ban him because they ignore their report system. I wish this shit happened after the record system got introduced so I could have saved that shit.
>>
>>389455829
>I'm talking about general normal matches though. If some private group is running some fun matchups or coop or tourneys in an out-of-support game where there really ARE unfun bullshit bugs and shit and everyone has agreed to not use them and you do then yes you're a fag. Risk of Rain for example has stuff that really is completely fun ruining and cheap, or outright will crash the game, and will never get fixed/balanced. It's still a good time but people do need to just not use them. Someone isn't ebintrool for picking obvious, skilless godmode they're just a dick.

lots of old school rts are like this. still a lot of fun to play with some bros but obviously out of support for a fucking decade or more, everyone knows about glitches and shit now it's not still funny or high skill. red alert 2 is one we still play lan sometimes for shits and giggles, everyone knows how op yuri faction is and how to balance for that, or glitches like build anywhere/free infantry and shit like that. people just have to agree to metarule honor system, and if someone does anyway they're faggots who will not be asked to play again.

modern shit though that is supported and its just actual gameplay? yeah get fucking good already. like >>389454987 anon said, often these "OMG CHEAT NOOB TRICK" actually has plenty of counters and weaknesses if you rub two braincells together.
>>
>>389460705
>Is screen cheating actually cheating? Or is it just a "mechanic"?
You mention both Halo and CoD, I assume you weren't playing split screen or side by side or something? I mean, that shit can be super fun too.

The real test for if it's "cheating" or not is pretty straightforward:
1. Do all sides have access to the same advantage? If one side is getting screen info and another isn't that's different from symmetry.
2. What did you agree upfront? If everyone agrees to some house rules and then breaks them of course they're fags. If you personally choose to add a handicap to yourself on your own that's fine but it's not like anyone else has to reciprocate, that's the real thing pubshitters are always getting wrong.

In your case if it was a situation where you could also see his screen and chose not to then yeah, maybe you should have done that. Or got him to agree upfront that you'd have matches where you didn't do that. If he was sitting behind your or something and "well it was there hurr" then he was a shitter.
>>
File: IMG_0484.jpg (71KB, 798x844px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0484.jpg
71KB, 798x844px
>>389453801
>play on tf2 community server (back when they existed
>attack/defend gorge
>loved that shit hardcore
>learn the map and where to snipe
>be good sniper anyways
>get 25k/s
>enemy team is crying
>enemy team has admin
>gets banned from server
>mfw
>>
>>389457515
>Why wouldn't you play the game in the most efficient way possible?
Why are you playing video games? Literally anything else would be a more efficient usage of your time.
>>
>>389456606
>game meta barely changes unless valve fucks up and has an op weapon for a few days
>devs care more about skins then the game itself
>tailor game around esports
>high toxicity in every game unless you have a full queue or are smurfing/throwing or get super lucky
Sure bud, best fps
>>
>>389463346
both Halo and COD have split screen
>>
>>389461907
Should have reported him for being a racist or that he hurt your feelings. That seems to be what gets bans these days.
>>
>>389452801
My friend used to call using shotguns in Halo 3 cheating because I kept kicking his ass with them.

Him camping and using snipers online 24/7 in every FPS he played wasn't cheating though, of course.
>>
>use broken game mechanic
>mechanic is patched or otherwise fixed
>massive outcry from skilless shitters
>>
>>389463536
>play on tf2 community server (back when they existed

They still exist. There's a couple of servers I go to every once in a while.
>>
>>389464173
>being this in denial

I loved TF2 and it's community too back in the day dude, but it's time to move on. It died a while back, and it's never coming back.
>>
File: 1397219382362.png (139KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
1397219382362.png
139KB, 500x449px
>>389464315
>>389464173
>TF2 goes free
>people complain that F2Ps were filling up their community servers
>Valve unintentionally filters F2Ps away from community servers and to quickplay
>people complain that their community servers are all fucking dead
>>
>>389464635
>Valve unintentionally filters F2Ps away from community servers and to quickplay

Except this never happened. F2Ps are still just as capable as using community servers as TF2 veterans are.
>>
>>389464315
Server I go to tends to be full during peak hours, and it's 80% regulars. It's pretty nice.
>>
Looking on your opponents screen isn't cheating, if you feel like it is you could just turn on vertical split and place a piece of cardboard in between the screens
>>
>>389464738
Except it literally happened, what the fuck are you saying? Community servers are dead because F2Ps don't use them. They use quickplay instead.
>>
>>389457515
I want to play the game in the most fun way possible. What's the point of efficiency? So you can cross the game off your 300+ strong backlog? That's no way to enjoy a hobby.
>>
>>389460274
>pub tf2 match
>one spy keeps pestering me while i play lucksman
>predict where he might go multiple times after he uses dead ringer
>calls me out for cheating
>rest of the players are mostly f2ps so don't get kicked
>he leaves soon after
>>
>>389452801
Do people still get made at "hardscoping"
>>
>>389454265
>have a friend I play Siege with
>he always has streams playing in the background
>wonders why people always get the drop on him
it's the easiest thing to do, just listen for foot steps
>>
>>389465009
some people enjoy a mindless hack fest, nothing wrong with that. others like investigating the game and trying to build a perfect character. nothing wrong with that either.
It just comes to a head when people act like strength build is the only "real" way to play the game when it just makes it unnecessarily hard and one dimensional.
>>
There's a fine line between playing a game and playing it using every possible advantage the game offers you, even if said advantages are due to balance issues.

It's the difference between playing MW2 with weapons you personally like and playing it with the dual 1887's just because those were completely broken and allowed for easy wins.

In short, just because the game allows it doesn't mean it isn't a dick move to do something.
>>
>>389465426
gonna go ahead and disagree man. i'll play the game how i want, you play it how you want. neither is cheating.
>>
>>389459870
>>389458720
>>389454963
I wonder how many of these admin stories are actually true.
I can't fathom a world where people as petty as this exist.
I can actually, I was just hyperbolizing
>>
>>389452801
Terrariafags call me a cheater for using objects from other worlds, when it's basically ecouraged by the game. Fuck them.
>>
>>389465426
if the game allows it, it allows it. you're a fucking retard if you lose to it over and over again without trying to counter it
>>
>>389465540
It's not cheating, but your fun comes at the expense of the fun of others, unless they also succumb and use the FOTM broken weapons, at which point all variety is sucked out from the game.

It is a kind of exploiting, in a sense. You are taking advantage of the developers poor balancing work to rack easy kills.
>>
>>389465605
>when terrariafags call me a cheater for using the Apache
>>
>>389465674
>i advocate for using magic/miracles/pyromancy in dark souls as opposed to the one dimensional, mandatory strength build style dictated by autistic community
>you chastise me for doing so
>then you complain that what i do sucks variety out of the game

what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>389466070
But I never said I advocated that. I'm only talking about things that are clearly working in a way that is not intended by the devs, and then using that because it is the most efficient way to play the game and makes it trivial.

In a game like Dark Souls, there are going to be builds that are stronger than others by necessity, and as far as I know, magic and/or pyromancy do not completely outclass melee builds to a point where not using it would be actively gimping yourself. Though I might be wrong, since I haven't played that much of DS.
>>
>>389466070
>one dimensional
it doesn't get more one dimensional than using magic
literally backpedal and press r1 to cast magic missile all game long
>>
>>389465786
Jesus, fine. I'll post it again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdn1s8FxrUg
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.