[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Witcher 3 Death March is a nightmare they said >literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

>Witcher 3 Death March is a nightmare they said
>literally kill that Higher Vampire boss in the first try
>>
>>389450652
Detlaff or the one in Novigrad? I honestly have more trouble with large groups of mobs than bosses most of the time. Its not as easy as Witcher 2 where you just stun lock them but its still pretty easy.
>>
Death March = enemies kill you in 2-3 hits
But dodge + roll windows are so big that it's not really hard, just punishes mistakes.
>>
of cours it easier if u cheat
>>
>implying a dodge roll button mashing action game is hard

About as much depth and difficulty as the batsman games.

How does anyone have a hard time with this game?
>>
>>389450786
Dettlaff
>>389450821
This, a pack of wolves is even more dangerous than enemy bosses
>>389450826
I don't even need that. My light attack + alchemy + Euphoria build makes me kill most of enemies with a few swipes
>>
>>389451335
>>implying a dodge roll button mashing action game is hard
>About as much depth and difficulty as the batsman games.
>How does anyone have a hard time with this game?
Well, a bandit can easily one shot you with a club.
>>389451335
>>implying a dodge roll button mashing action game is hard
>About as much depth and difficulty as the batsman games.
>How does anyone have a hard time with this game?
Well if you are playing on Death march you can easily get one shottes by a human bandit .
>>
>>389450652
The Witcher isn't a hard game, I never played the series before 3 and played it on deathmarch, killed the few bosses I fought on my first try got bored and stop playing. Now before anyone calls me out I did enjoy the universe of the game and liked the characters but the gameplay was so trivial and boring I didn't want to continue
>>
The difficulty curve in this game is weird anyway. In the beginning your health and damage are weak compared to enemies, but as you level up you become stronger faster than they do.

Enemies in specific areas have a set level, so in the beginning you have a choice between appropriate and too high level enemies, but if you do side quests it'll be soon be mostly lower level and some appropriate ones.

The combat isn't terribly complex or hard, but it takes a while to figure out. Initially you'll get killed by a couple of downers, but it's possible to avoid every single attack and after getting the hang of it you'll only die from getting careless or wondering off to an endgame/dlc area.

Also, by the end you've probably broken the game by putting most of your points into your combat discipline of choice anyway. I personally maxed out sign intensity, which let me keep mobs on fire for most of the time with igni, and spammed the shield for anything more dangerous. Barely touched the alchemy tree, but a guy I know invested heavily in that and says it got hilariously powerful too.
>>
Until Level 7 it was kind of hard but after that easy as fuck.
Currently level 19 and I don't really have problems killing monsters level 30
>>
>>389451797
>Enemies in specific areas have a set level, so in the beginning you have a choice between appropriate and too high level enemies, but if you do side quests it'll be soon be mostly lower level and some appropriate ones.
Level scaling in an option in the menu
>>
>>389451797
I remember in the second one getting absolutely fucked by the first few side quests and then being overleveled the rest of the game. Kind of the same in this one. I'm on the difficulty below death march and the only stuff that is actually challenging are bosses like 5-10 levels above me. I dont want to play death march though because I dont feel like having every pack of wolves be able to kill me in a single combo. Just a waste of time desu,
>>
>>389451949

Huh, never realized that. Thanks, I'll look into it when I start my next playthrough.

How well does it work? TW3 is probably my favourite game of all time and the way everything is tied so strictly to your level is probably my biggest gripe with it. It doesn't even make sense for leveling to be such a big deal when Geralt starts as an extremely experienced Witcher and nothing in the narrative even tries to justify him becoming significantly stronger.

The other thing is the amount of loot. Collecting stuff and dressing Geralt up is fun, but it's really jarring how weapons dropped by random bandits is better than the fancy heirloom swords or Witcher relics you got a couple of hours ago. I'd prefer it if there were maybe ten different pairs of swords in the entire game that were good enough for Geralt to consider using in favour of what he starts with. Some of swords have cool designs or backstories, but there are so many and you'll switch them in an hour anyway, so nothing is really memorable.

Oh and holy shit the rewards for the master blacksmith and master armourer quests and the two different sword Crach gives you are so terrible.
>>
>>389452636
>How well does it work?
Well, it raises any enemy below your level to your current level. Doesn't really do much besides that. As you said, one becomes so powerful by the end that enemies' level become irrelevant
>>
>>389450652
The only changes that come with difficulty are that enemies do more damage and you take less.
>>
>>389450652
o hey
its the ''dark souls is easy because i beat x on my first try'' argument
i missed that
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.