[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you hate video game journalists so much, why don't you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1482905991982.png (177KB, 697x768px) Image search: [Google]
1482905991982.png
177KB, 697x768px
If you hate video game journalists so much, why don't you become one and show the rest how it's done?

>Because there's an international Marxist conspiracy that prevents me from getting a job!

Then start your own website. If you are as good as you think you are, you'll make a fortune on advertising and everyone will copy your style. If that's too hard maybe you should just stick to complaining on 4chan and let the people with actual talent do the reviews.
>>
>>389450234
>actual talent do the reviews
>gaming journalist playing Doom.webm
>>
>>389450234
>Because there's an international Marxist conspiracy that prevents me from getting a job!
Says no one.
People just like to shit on guys who can't do their jobs correctly
>>
>>389450234
You do it
>>
>>389450336
This
It's why everyone shits on football coaches and the like
>>
>>389450382
Why should I? I'm perfectly happy with video game reviews. You guys are the ones shitting on them and insisting they can't play games.
>>
>>389450234

2/10
>>
>People with actual talent
You mean people with connections. It's all networking, that's why they're successful and we're not. That's entirely what Gamergate was originally about because some were literally caught in bed together.
>>
>>389450481
Why don't your start your own website and hire your own connections?
>>
Because I just can't lower myself to do the necessary "Like, comment and subscribe" begging'shilling. It's just so demeaning and pathetic.

>but you could make a career out of it.
I know, but there's just something deep inside me that forbids me from doing that sort of shit. I don't know what it is or why.
>>
>>389450234
>I don't know what networking is
>>
I mean, I like my job now. Being a game journo sounds fun, but I'm good.

I just like making fun of people that are bad at theirs.
>>
>>389450634
Then don't. Do you really think people won't comment unless you tell them to?
>>
>>389450234
>why don't you abandon your career and high paying job to prove Polygon is a piece of shit
>>
>>389450234
>you'll make a fortune on advertising
that's not how this works.

1) The gaming journalism market is extremely dense and despite many websites existing, the giants still have not changed. In fact, while the number of small gaming journalism sites have gone up, a larger number of them, created by hobbyists, have gone down.

2)Show the rest how it's done? Even if I wanted to give up my comfortable job to pursue gaming "journalism" as if it's a medium for respect there's no guarantee I can even get my name or my site out there. I can't show shit for shit if nobody knows I exist.

3) Barrier for entry. How am I, a singular person going to A) afford the price to fly to conventions across the world and B) become renowned enough to get early samples from publisher, which gives me the first hands-on advantage

4)
Are you kidding me with this? Nobody says this.

>if that's too hard
5) It's not hard at all. I was in journalism for highschool and still regularly creatively write. I have authors in my family which gives me references to use. I have friends who can plug for me on social media outlets. The thing is, I don't want to. It has nothing to do with difficulty. Gaming journalism when I was growing up seemed cool. Gaming journalism now is akin to scrubbing the shit out of pipes. The only people who do this are people who have no talent elsewhere.

TL;DR
You can be a literal who and get into an entry level job just fine but you're not going to reach nearly half of the same audience IGN or Gamespot does.
>>
Don't wanna leave my comfy recording studio and start pandering to yt/twitch babbies
>>
>>389450234
If you hate Muslim terrorists so much, why don't you become one and show the rest how it's done?
>>
>>389450234
>wow you don't like gaming journalists and how they do things?
>how about you do it then!

You're retarded. Just because I don't like seeing these "gaming journalists" shit opinions doesn't mean I want to become one or "do better".
Not to mention the ""gaming journalists"" who don't even know how to use a FUCKING controller. Are you telling me i'm supposed to tolerate them?

Also Dean has such a punchable face that it's ruined my entire week because of how badly I wanna punch his face.
>>
>>389450234
Why would I become even a part time game journalist let alone full time, it only serves as a quick joke when at parties
>>
>>389450234
Independent content producers do show them all the time, though. People still think being associated with a website or being famous somehow makes you more qualified and your opinion worth more. It doesn't help most "professional journalists" are at best failed journalists who couldn't cut it anywhere else or at worst just fanboys.
>>
>>389450454
>I'm perfectly happy with video game reviews
ok kektaku you can go back now
>>
>>389450607
>hire your own connections
>hire connections
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.