[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Nintendo intentionally choose fonts similar to the GameCube

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1171.png (112KB, 723x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1171.png
112KB, 723x330px
Did Nintendo intentionally choose fonts similar to the GameCube for the Swith logo?
>>
Not even remotely similar
Get your eyes checked
>>
they're not similar
>>
>>389449595
Autism
>>
>>389449595
Sure
>>
>>389449595
>this is the state of shitposting in /v/ right now

I want this ride to end
>>
>>389449647
>>389449659
He's talking about the style, you absolute retards. They are trying to be consistent with their line of modern consoles, excluding the Wii Brand. The "Nintendo" is the same font and spaced the same. Logo is above the text. Title of Console is in it's own font at the bottom.
>>
>>389449595
OH SHIT Nintendo totally ripped off itself
IT'S ONLY OKAY WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT
>>
>>389449826
>he
Fuck off OP with your damage control, the Nintendo word has always been in the same font
>>
>>389449826
the nintendo font is not the same though you absolute moron
look at the e's
you don't have to be a graphic designer to realize they're different fucking fonts
>>
>>389449826
>"Nintendo" is the same font and spaced the same
But It's not, you fucking idiot
Just look at the E
>>
The "Nintendo" yes, though with the Switch it's straightend out. On the cube logo the lettering is obviously more stylized, the E and O being the most obvious difference.

The Switch and GameCube style themselves couldn't be more different. The Gamecube logo reeks of early 00s style.
>>
trying to harken back to their last good home console

gamecube virtual console when?
>>
>>389450343
never because it doesn't have analog triggers
why are you people so retarded
>>
>>389449595
It annoys me that Nintendo never uses their actual logo and each console gets a new logo
>>
>>389449826
>he
fuck off OP Lol
>>
>>389449826
Fucking OP.

You said FONTS.

moron
>>
>>389449595
Bank Gothic's one of the original geometric typefaces, while Gotham's a revival of the geometric style, so at a stretch you could argue it evokes it; the construction of the logo, with type below a strong icon helps as well. Both are products of their time, too - the GC's purple gradients, while not one of the excesses of the time period, are pretty late-'90s/early-'00s, while the Switch throws away all of that dimensionality for an up-to-the-minute flat design. I like them both better than the Wii, which went for mid-'00s Applesque boringness, and whatever the hell the Wii U did.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.